[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스 - Jung Kyung Ho - Sat&Sun @ 10:20 KST - Premiers on June 9th, 2018

Park Sung Woong Transforms Into A Detective From The Past In “Life On Mars”

Park-Sung-Woong.jpg

OCN’s upcoming drama “Life on Mars” has released stills of Park Sung Woong, as well as a teaser!

“Life on Mars” is a remake of the popular BBC series of the same name. It will be an investigative drama about detective Han Tae Joo (played by Jung Kyung Ho) from 2018 who finds himself transported into the year 1988. He teams up with detectives including Kang Dong Chul (played by Park Sung Woong) to work on cases using methods from the past.

On May 9, viewers got a peek at Park Sung Woong’s character in “Life on Mars.” In the stills, he looks completely immersed in his character and shows off his macho charisma. In one photo, he is surrounded by reporters at a crime scene but has a sharp look in his eyes with the aura of an experienced detective. He also captures a criminal and looks around his surroundings.

Behind his macho appearance, Kang Dong Chul has a kind personality. He sips on banana milk while walking into a crime scene and also gives money to a young girl.

More

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/09/park-sung-woong-transforms-into-a-detective-from-the-past-in-life-on-mars/

May 11 2018

Teaser trailer #3 for OCN drama series “Life on Mars”

Life-on-Mars-SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for upcoming OCN drama series “Life on Mars” starring Jung Kyoung-Ho, Park Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung. Teaser trailer #3 is still set at an amusement park in the year 1988. The drama series is a remake of UK television series “Life on Mars.” Meanwhile, here’s two teaser posters for the upcoming drama series. Caption on the teaser poster states in Korean “1980’s … The guys exciting retro investigation story.”

“Life on Mars” first airs June, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-ocn-drama-series-life-on-mars

Looking forward to watching this one, like the two leads.  So nostalgic with the sepia tone of the cinematography.  On top of rocking the leather jacket and trench coat, there’s this whole Columbo vibe.

I think the original BBC Life on Mars leave us guessing whether Taejoo is still alive when he traveled back in time.

On 5/10/2018 at 12:34 AM, triplem said:

This poster speaks volumes of its tone

...action comedy perhaps with a dash of romance 

Trip M, I watched the American remake, exactly that.  Good old fashion buddy cop bromance, exploring social issues, whether life is for the better in the past or future. This Korean remake may incorporate the changes in the 80s where democracy was at center stage, hard fought, by its citizen.  The main character who woke up in another decade did have a romance with the female lead.  I don’t want to spoil the surprise but there is a twist at the end :)

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Don’t know . These days this seems like our greatest worry :lol:....

Indeed. It is all good if we`ll have subtilles available.

The popular British drama 'Life on Mars' met with OCN and was reborn as an exciting retro investigative drama in Korean colors.

201805181932773516_5afeacfd4ec11.jpg

The production team, "utilizing the merits of the original character, the Korean emotional well-dissolved Han Tae-ju, Kang Dong-cheol, Yun Na Young's charm and enhance the chemistry," he said. "Unlike the original 1973 based on the Manchester police station, It shifted to the late 1980s when hopeful and dynamic changes were made in Korean society. I can feel the charm of Life on Mars, which is familiar but strange and rough, but full of humanity. "

(Google translate)

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=6209659

New teasers

Spoiler

On 5/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, Rennie93 said:

Who will be subbing this? Dramafever, viki or maybe netflix? Anyone know something about this?

Oh please. Not Netflix. I want to watch this with subs quickly :D

Even if Netflix were to sub this, I hope they don't go the route of Bad Guys 2 and do a big dump after everything's been aired. Everyone was gone from the forum once the episodes came out. I'm okay with being one week behind if I ignore the local broadcast schedule and if people who can understand Korean without subs use spoiler tags. We do this in the C drama forum and I hope the same kind of courtesy can be afforded here.

Haha. subs the worry :D 

I don't know why it's different whenever I watch Kdramas. I always feel that I gotta watch it with subs quickly. But whenever I watch J-dorama, I've gotten used  to watching w/o subs or I just wait for the subs whenever. It's because their dramas are only 10 episodes so  it's quick and their dramas are fast pace.

I was going to ask why they look and dress like they're in the 80's. Got my answer. Thanks @larus for the update.

May 23 2018

Character posters for OCN drama series “Life on Mars”

Life_on_Mars-CPSM1111.jpg

Here’s character posters for upcoming OCN drama series “Life on Mars” starring Jung Kyoung-HoPark Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung. The 6 character posters are of Jung Kyoung-Ho, Park Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung.

For the aqua colored background character posters, the caption on Jung Kyoung-Ho’s poster states in Korean “Year 1988? Is this a dream? Or am I crazy?” Caption on Park Sung-Woong’s poster states “While talking about evidence, people die. Do you know that?” Caption for Ko Ah-Sung’s poster states “I will do that! Revealing the truth, it is very necessary.”

“Life on Mars” first airs June 9, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/character-posters-for-ocn-drama-series-life-on-mars

“Life On Mars” Cast Show Off Their Chemistry And Teamwork

Jung-Kyung-Ho-Park-Sung-Woong.jpg

The cast of “Life on Mars” are definitely a tight-knit team.

“Life on Mars” is about detective Han Tae Joo (played by Jung Kyung Ho) who travels back in time to 1988, where he works with detective Kang Dong Chul (played by Park Sung Woong) to solve cases. Though Han Tae Joo prefers to investigate using hard evidence and using his head, Kang Dong Chul uses his gut instinct to tackle any case that comes his way.

In the released photos, the cast show their affection for each other as they enjoy filming on set. Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong are all smiles, even after having filmed a scene where they fight. Jung Kyung Ho can also be seen massaging Oh Dae Hwan’s neck, and Park Sung Woong and Oh Dae Hwan are silly as they show off to the camera that they caught a criminal. Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, and Go Ah Sung are also seen huddling over a script together, and when they’re not glued to their scripts, they are already in character, ready to film.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/life-mars-cast-show-off-chemistry-teamwork/

I am really, really hanging out for this one. I knew the chemistry between JKH and PSW would be great but yeah, it's good to see it in action. The husband says he will watch it with me particularly because of "Un Gwang" ie PSW. So yes, victory on the domestic front.

I am a child of the 80s (70s and 80s really) and we were already using PCs and Apple clones in the early to mid 80s. My dad had a typewriter from the 60s, I think! LOL. My dad had all kinds of duvalackeys... our house was filled with gadgets particularly of the audio variety.

It will be fun to see JKH's character copes with the "primitive tech" and no internet! Shock, horror! (Although I was using the internet in the early 90s)

Archived