[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

@RPM I feel you as tunnel is one of those  best  dramas. And this  has to feel to it. And Seo Ji Hoon in the cast. I watched him in Solomon's Perjury then Longhing Heartt, and to his current drama Misty and now this even more mature role.. as a young detective.

And btw, this is an OT: Jang Dong Yoon his friend (from SP too) also in mature role in You Who Forgot Poetry. Life is good as a drama fan to see young actors getting to be part of dramas and seeing seeing their potentials.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스 - Jung Kyung Ho - June 2018
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March 22 2018

Park Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung cast in OCN drama series “Life on Mars”

Life_on_Mars_Korean_Drama-a001.jpg

Park Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung are cast in OCN drama series “Life on Mars” co-starring Jung Kyoung-Ho. The drama series is a remake of UK television series “Life on Mars.” For the drama series, Park Sung-Woong will play Kang Dong-Cheol in the year 1988. He is a veteran detective and relies on his instincts during investigations. Ko Ah-Sung will play Yoon Na-Young in the year 1988. She is introduced to profiling through Han Tae-Joo (Jung Kyoung-Ho) who has traveled through time from the present days.

“Life on Mars” will first air June, 2018 in South Korea (takes over OCN’s Saturday and Sunday 10:20 PM time slot after “Mistress“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/park-sung-woong-and-ko-ah-sung-cast-in-ocn-drama-series-life-on-mars

Jung Kyung Ho, Go Ah Sung, And Park Sung Woong Confirmed For Remake Of “Life On Mars”

Jung-Kyung-Ho-Go-Ah-Sung-Park-Sung-Woong

Jung Kyung Ho, Go Ah Sung, and Park Sung Woong will be starring in a new remake of the BBC series “Life on Mars”!

On March 22, OCN confirmed that the three actors would be playing the lead roles in its upcoming remake of the hit British TV show. The original series ran from 2006 to 2007 and inspired remakes in a number of countries, including the United States and Spain.

The new Korean adaptation will feature Jung Kyung Ho as Han Tae Joo, a present-day detective on the hunt for a serial killer in 2018, who suddenly wakes up to find himself in 1988. Unsure whether he is dreaming or not, Han Tae Joo ends up working with a team of detectives, including Kang Dong Chul (played by Park Sung Woong), who rely on methods drastically different from the ones he used in the modern era.

Actor Jung Kyung Ho remarked, “I really enjoyed both watching the original drama and reading the script [for the Korean remake]. I’m happy to be working again with director Lee Jung Hyo after ‘Heartless City,’ and I’m excited because I think I’ll be able to experience again the same joy that I did back then.”

While Jung Kyung Ho’s character Han Tae Joo is a brilliant, principled detective who prefers to rely on data and evidence rather than people, Kang Dong Chul is uninterested in evidence and instead uses his keen instincts and intuition to solve his cases.

Park Sung Woong commented, “I was interested by the character of Dong Chul, who appears to do whatever he wants [without caring about others], but actually turns out to have a warm heart. I wanted to portray him well.”

He went on, “I’m excited because it’s my first time working with director Lee Jung Hyo and actor Jung Kyung Ho. I can’t wait to work together with them on set. I’m preparing for the drama with a happy heart.”

Actress Go Ah Sung will be returning to the small screen to play the role of Yoon Na Young, the passionate ace investigator who dreams of becoming a star detective. She remarked, “Not only is the drama an exciting one, but it’s my first time playing a police officer, so I’m excited and happy. Since this is a new challenge for me, I’ll work especially hard. Please give us a lot of interest and anticipation.”

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/21/jung-kyung-ho-go-ah-sung-park-sung-woong-confirmed-remake-life-mars/

• 2 weeks later...

On the 4th, Jung Kyung-ho posted a picture on his Instagram with a comment "Let's pretend to practice... 

388915_34103_736.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=388915

I did not find the picture with Ko Ah-Sung on his Instagram but I saw one with Park Seong-Woong. 

The script for first 2 episodes.

The character to be played by Oh Dae Hwan is one of one of detective characters in drama Life on Mars.

Oh Dae-hwan is drastically transforming his hair into a character in the drama, and is immersed in characters in the drama. I have already played the role of police many times through various works, but this time is different. "I'm so excited to be featured on a new piece, and I'm looking forward to work with a good actor and staff. I'm taking a lot of hard work and I look forward to your interest and expectations. " (Google translation)

1RY7CL0SJM_1.jpg

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1RY7CL0SJM

• 2 weeks later...

April 23 2018

Teaser trailer for OCN drama series “Life on Mars”

Life_on_Mars_Korean_Drama-a001.jpg

First teaser trailer for upcoming OCN drama series “Life on Mars” starring Jung Kyoung-Ho, Park Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung. The first teaser trailer features Park Sung-Woong and his partner Noh Jong-Hyun chasing after a criminal in his boxers. Narration in the teaser trailer states “1980’s, the guys exiting a retro investigation record.” Drama series is a remake of UK television series “Life on Mars.”

“Life on Mars” first airs June, 2018 in South Korea..

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-ocn-drama-series-life-on-mars

April 26 2018

First script reading for OCN drama series “Life on Mars”

Life-On-Mars-SR1.jpg

First script reading for OCN drama series “Life on Mars” took place March 12, 2018 at Studio Dragon in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Main cast members including Jung Kyoung-HoPark Sung-WoongKo Ah-SungOh Dae-HwanNoh Jong-Hyun, Kim Jae-Kyung (ex-‘RAINBOW’ member), Kim Ki-Cheon and Kim Young-Pil  all attended. Park Sung-Woong gained 10 kilograms to play his character of Kang Dong-Cheol. The drama series follows a detective (Jung Kyoung-Ho) as he investigates a serial murder case. The detective finds himself transported back in time to 1988.

more

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-ocn-drama-series-life-on-mars

Park Sung Woong, Go Ah Sung, Jung Kyung Ho, And More Gather For Script Reading Of “Life On Mars” Remake

Life-on-Mars1.jpg

Upcoming OCN drama “Life on Mars” has released photos of its first script reading.

“Life on Mars” will be an investigative drama about a detective from 2018 who wakes up and finds himself in the year 1988. It’s a remake of the popular BBC series of the same name.

The script reading took place on March 12 with Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Go Ah Sung, Oh Dae Hwan, Noh Jong Hyun, Kim Jae Kyung, Kim Ki Chun, Kim Young Pil, director Lee Jung Hyo, and writer Lee Dae Il in attendance.

Director Lee Jung Hyo stated, “Good actors have come together. With all of this energy, I’ll try my best so that it can be a fun drama. I hope we can have fun filming energetically until the end.” The cast and crew then showed off their teamwork by shouting their slogan, which was created by Park Sung Woong, together.

As the actors got into character and read their lines aloud, the synergy between the unique characters filled the room with laughter. The lines reflected the time slip and the realistic acting of the cast helped everyone travel back in time to 1988 to the scene of an archaic investigation.

Read more

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/26/park-sung-woong-go-ah-sung-jung-kyung-ho-gather-script-reading-life-mars-remake/

Actress Kim Jae Kyung joins Life On Mars 

i.aspx?Guid=2018%5C04%5C27%5C0efa72cbf48

Kim Jae-kyung is scheduled to show off his charm as Han Mal-Sook who is the ancestor (an aunt) of Han Tae-ju (Jeong Kyung-ho) on OCN's original drama 'Life On Mars' scheduled for release in June.

Kim Jae-kyung plans to do her best to show her own acting as she has fired up a full-blown actor activity.
Kim Jae-kyung said, "I am excited and happy to be able to work together in a good work. I will do my best with passion and ask for lots of love." (Google translate)

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/07421af824f21e0707421af824f21e07

Jung Kyung Ho Investigates The Old School Way For “Life On Mars”

Jung-Kyung-Ho-1.jpg

Jung Kyung Ho takes on a retro look for his role on upcoming drama “Life on Mars.”

“Life On Mars” is a remake of the BBC drama of the same name, and is about a detective from 2018 who wakes up in 1988 and searches for his memories. Detective Han Tae Joo (played by Jung Kyung Ho) from 2018, a brainy man who sticks to his principles, works with detective Kang Dong Chul (played by Park Sung Woong) from 1988, someone who investigates using his gut.

In the released photos, Jung Kyung Ho is dressed in an old-fashioned yet stylish trench coat and is already knee-deep in investigations. Whether its questioning people or examining the scene, he exudes charisma.

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/02/jung-kyung-ho-investigates-old-school-way-life-mars/

I've been wishing to see Jung Kyung Ho in something like his character  from a fav drama Cruel City/ Heartless City!  I hope this will be as good as Tunnel. Thanks for the update chingus @larus, @alexandra.

May 4 2018

Teaser trailer #2 for OCN drama series “Life on Mars”

Life_on_Mars-T2-A222.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 added for upcoming OCN drama series “Life on Mars” starring Jung Kyoung-HoPark Sung-Woong and Ko Ah-Sung. Drama series is a remake of U.K. televsion series “Life on Mars.”

“Life on Mars” first airs June, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-ocn-drama-series-life-on-mars

Archived