[Drama 2018] Good Witch, 착한마녀전

0ly40

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/03/good-witch-takes-first-place-viewership-ratings-time-slot/

“The Good Witch” Takes First Place In Viewership Ratings For Time Slot 

The-Good-Witch.jpg

SBS’s drama “The Good Witch” is off to a strong start.

See Also: 5 Things To Look Forward To In "The Good Witch"

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 3 episode of “The Good Witch” achieved 11.7 percent in viewership ratings nationwide. Though it was its premiere episode, the drama placed first in its time slot, as tvN’s “Hwayugi” achieved 5.9 percent while the premiere of MBC’s “My Husband, Mr. Oh!” achieved 10.4 percentThe highest viewed minute of the episode was the intense psychological match between Cha Sun Hee (played by Lee Da Hae) who was posing as her flight attendant sister Cha Do Hee (also played by Lee Da Hae) and star pilot Song Woo Jin (played by Ryu Soo Young).

Afterwards, contrary to both her and her sister’s expectations that everything would go smoothly, Cha Sun Hee ended up taking her sister’s place once more. She boarded a plane to Baghdad with Song Woo Jin, the CEO of the airline Oh Pyung Pan (played by Lee Deok Hwa), Woo Jin’s mother Kim Gong Joo (played by Moon Hee Kyung), and more. Cha Sun Hee also managed to get on the stone-cold pilot’s bad side, by accidentally touching and even kissing him when the plan was shaking due to turbulence.

“The Good Witch” airs every Saturday at 8:55 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, watch the latest episode below!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Da Hae is well aware of people commenting about her appearance and for her to come back after 4 years shows her determination.

Hopefully viewers will look beyond these comments and enjoy her acting. She has changed over the years, no one is denying that, but comparing her now to her chubby face 12 years ago without acknowledging her drastic weight loss is just plain dumb.

I would rather watch someone who can act than others who can't despite them having good comments about their looks, etc. I am sure most mature viewers will agree with me.

35 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I really hate when others people talk about the actors looks, these are real people.

The funny part the user who is not even posted single post here or shown interest in drama but came here posted the article.Not sure abt real people but they are real knetz. Lets forget them and enjoy the drama.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Good Witch, 착한마녀전 - Saturday @ 20:55 PM KST
5 hours ago, emok said:

If the drama is good and hot, the criticisms will not stop people to watch that.  We actually need those haters to push up the ratings!  As what the director said about Da Hae has strong sense of responsibility, she wants to prove that to the audiences with her acting skill.

Welcome back! Hope you are well.

What you said is so true. If Korean viewers are really so bothered by her face, they wouldn't even have checked out her drama in the first place knowing fully well she is the female lead, let alone contribute to the ratings increase from Ep. 1 to Ep. 4. In fact the more others talk about, the more curious they become. 

The target audience are the weekend ahjummas who are typically not keyboard warriors, as proven by the ratings vs comments.

That said, from here on, the drama needs to progress at a nice pace, with character development for the cast. Many characters need a lot of work. The challenge now is to maintain the ratings, not drop them.

Am I the only one who enjoys seeing Sun Hee as Sun Hee (because of her interactions with her daughter)? The most viewed scenes are Sun Hee playing Do Hee on the plane with the pilot though. Maybe I have seen too much of the latter in the teasers.

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i am confused..

are people saying she is too pretty .. or she is not pretty?

she lost weight for htoel king itself.. and du'oh she is one of the prettiest.. and her weight loss isn't new.. 2014

People are commenting that she looks different, not necessarily saying she is not pretty. She has lost a lot of weight in the last 5 years even before Hotel King. 

Check this out. Her photos from 2010 - 2018.

I loved the first episodes! The pacing is really good so far, the characters are likeable, the entire cast is doing a great job and the chemistry between Sun Hee and Woo Jin is fantastic! I really hope they keep up this high level of entertainment and don't lose the threads of their story halfway through their runtime. I can't wait for next saturday :wub:

@ELY_397 The wedding scene is the most viewed video the scene between cha sun-hee and cha do-hee then the noodle scene.I like actor Lee duk hwa reaction watching his daughter on screen :lol:Even sun-hee and her kid know their role is reversal.Sun-hee is very much sun-hee right now but she think she is behaving like Do-hee which is not the case.While Do-hee hardly talk or interact but she is doing opp of her.

@elfogadunk Even i can't wait for next saturday :D

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Did the wedding scene seems really odd to anyone else?

Everything seem  really really rush.

Yeah, the wedding scene was rushed but the husband is the second lead and that's probably why they don't want to show too many romantic scenes with him. At the moment, Sun Hee is still in love with her husband. I am beginning to wonder if Sun Hee will like Woo Jin in a romantic way?

There are a couple of scenarios after Sun Hee finds out about her husband cheating:

1. Husband repents and Sun Hee stays in the marriage for the sake of Cho Rang. Do Hee wakes up and becomes a better person.

a. Woo Jin ends up alone but is grateful to Sun Hee for awakening his senses.

b. Woo Jin falls in love with the transformed Do Hee.

2. Sun Hee separates from her husband and has custody of Cho Rang. Falls in love with Woo Jin. Do Hee wakes up and becomes a better person.

3. Sun Hee PRETENDS to be in love with Woo Jin for the sake of Do Hee, hoping Do Jin will just take her over from her once she wakes up. She ends up falling in love for real and feels conflicted? She will get a divorce and live with her daughter. Sun Hee will not commit adultery even though she may be swayed, otherwise she won't be called the good witch. 

19 minutes ago, ELY_397 said:

Yeah, the wedding scene was rushed but the husband is the second lead and that's probably why they don't want to show too many romantic scenes with him. At the moment, Sun Hee is still in love with her husband. I am beginning to wonder if Sun Hee will like Woo Jin in a romantic way?

There are a couple of scenarios after Sun Hee finds out about her husband cheating:

1. Husband repents and Sun Hee stays in the marriage for the sake of Cho Rang. Do Hee wakes up and becomes a better person.

a. Woo Jin ends up alone but is grateful to Sun Hee for awakening his senses.

b. Woo Jin falls in love with the transformed Do Hee.

2. Sun Hee separates from her husband and has custody of Cho Rang. Falls in love with Woo Jin. Do Hee wakes up and becomes a better person.

3. Sun Hee PRETENDS to be in love with Woo Jin for the sake of Do Hee, hoping Do Jin will just take her over from her once she wakes up. She ends up falling in love for real and feels conflicted? She will get a divorce and live with her daughter. Sun Hee will not commit adultery even though she may be swayed, otherwise she won't be called the good witch. 

I dont see WJ ended up alone one of those 2 sisters I think we be in love with him.

I think they already setting them up to be together.

@ELY_397 Actually, I have more the impression that SH will end up with WJ than DH with WJ. I agree with @dramaninja.

First, DH has already set her eyes on WJ for a different reason: she doesn't love him, she is just looking for a man with a good pedigree. 

Secondly, WJ is obsessed with purity... Imagine, when he falls in love with SH and realizes the switch, he will be conflicted because he fell for a married woman but I am sure that once he has set his mind to it, he won't give up.

Third, SH had to give up on something for her sister's sake and I think, later DH will be put in a similar situation and WJ will be the reason. For her sister's happiness, she will have to give up on WJ. 

Besides, SH's personality matches WJ's character much better. She is warm and caring, while he is cold and distant. Yet he is more level-headed than her.

The funny thing is Sun-hee kissed woo jin but she hardly know abt it.:lol: I was laughing like crazy when his head bang and instead of what she did she was thinking that she reach home soon.While they didn't even reached dubai.

Sun-hee definition of love is different she just keep giving everyone rather then receiving same love.Husband and kid were so cool abt wife spending night out while MIL was worried lol.

I feel Sun-hee will live her dream while working since she wanted to be stewardess too.In ep.1 and 2 she was prepared at all.Let see i am ready for ride and enjoy the drama.

And lets not forgot there is one more guy in share house who was asking company's share but was thrown in share house :lol:

57 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ELY_397 Actually, I have more the impression that SH will end up with WJ than DH with WJ. I agree with @dramaninja.

First, DH has already set her eyes on WJ for a different reason: she doesn't love him, she is just looking for a man with a good pedigree. 

Secondly, WJ is obsessed with purity... Imagine, when he falls in love with SH and realizes the switch, he will be conflicted because he fell for a married woman but I am sure that once he has set his mind to it, he won't give up.

Third, SH had to give up on something for her sister's sake and I think, later DH will be put in a similar situation and WJ will be the reason. For her sister's happiness, she will have to give up on WJ. 

Besides, SH's personality matches WJ's character much better. She is warm and caring, while he is cold and distant. Yet he is more level-headed than her.

Even a simple hand hold breaks him down lol this is going to  be hilarious to watch these two.

Oh finally I watched the episodes and I am so happy that I actually ended up liking it more than I imagined!! :blush:

Those 4 episodes were like a roller coaster so much happening from background stories and switching between the lives of the two sisters in the first 2 episodes then the whole situations of SH replacing DH and meeting with all the main characters as they come together in that flight in episodes 3 and 4. Didn't get bored at all :D 

I think they did do a good job introducing the characters and the setup although my biggest problem so far is the direction and the effects. The effects were quite off on many occasions in the twins scenes and other scenes, giving that they had 2 month preparation before the drama, this is disappointing. And I think the director need to step up his game since the whole feeling of the shots and cinematography is rather unimpressive.

SH's daughter is a big asset for her for sure, love her. Also about that CEO daughter incident, I think they are got the inspiration from a real one :D 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-21/korean-air-nut-rage-executive-avoids-jail-time/9281020

While I laughed a lot through the episodes but I also teared up on multiple scenes :cry:

• When Sun Hee went to the hospital to meet the lady who took her money and saw her son
  • The sisters confrontation in Sun Hee Wedding
  • The sisters scene at the hospital

@dramaninja About the wedding, if you mean about the kisses and the couple interaction. I think this was intentional as they wanted to show how clumsy and inexperienced those two are.

Everyone did a very nice job acting their characters. We have quite weird characters all around, so I am so looking forward to everyone's growth because they all need it :D 

It was weird seeing 2.5 mins preview of next episodes before the real preview !!!! (didn't that give away of a lot of things from upcoming episodes??) But anyway, that actually made me quite excited for next week :wink:

Archived