Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Kingdom, 킹덤 - Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na - Netflix

1 minute ago, liddi said:

Is there any indication who will be taking over the helm for S2? 

As of what I know, this new PD just joined them.

2 minutes ago, liddi said:

is this a new script that has not yet been filmed?

I think this storyboards are not filmed yet. They are for season 2 :) 

My question now is, will Ji Hoon be available? As far as I know they will start filming in February. But Ji Hoon is filming item...so....?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@sushilicious I can't imagine filming without Joo Ji Hoon, since he is the lead in the drama. Perhaps there is an agreement with both production companies to allow him to juggle his time between the two dramas. Hope he does not wear himself out... both dramas appear to be very physically challenging...

Was reading the interview of the 3 leads, and it occurred to me that Bae Doona and Ryu Seung Ryeong did not have any scenes together in S1. No wonder he asked if she was speaking "English" during her first sageuk speech attempt :D I'm guessing they should cross paths in S2, now that Cho Hak Ju is also in Sangju. 

• Like 4

Interviews with the cast of Kingdom! Really awesome to see the chemistry between them :wub: S2 please come quickly!

This one is from Netflix Indonesia, so is subbed in Indonesian, I love the witty, funny answers the cast gave, so hopefully an English-subbed version will be available soon:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I finished S1 and it's getting more and more exciting. I have just one question though...

Spoiler

What was the significance of the Queen's blood on her foot garment?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sobayaki said:

I finished S1 and it's getting more and more exciting. I have just one question though...

Hide contents

It was either she had a miscarriage at that moment or it was the blood of the woman who the king was eating. If the Queen was truly pregnant then it is the former;  if not then it's the latter. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Sobayaki said:

Hide contents

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

It was either she had a miscarriage at that moment or it was the blood of the woman who the king was eating. If the Queen was truly pregnant then it is the former;  if not then it's the latter. 

Another possibility:

Spoiler

maybe her period.  :o

• Like 2

Season 2 filming as begun and the new director Park In Jae identified.

Cast of Netflix's 'Kingdom' begins filming for season 2!

20190213-kingdomjpg.jpg

The cast and crew of Netflix original K-drama 'Kingdom' have started filming for season 2!

The 'Kingdom 2' cast attended their first script reading back on February 8, also holding a rites ceremony to wish for success throughout the duration of filming. Officially, filming began on February 12 with the main cast including Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na, Ryu Seung Ryong, and more, as well as new characters played by Park Byung Eun, Kim Tae Hoon, and more. 

Beginning with episode 2 of season 2, 'Kingdom' will be directed by director Park In Jae, while original director Kim Sung Hoon will lend a helping hand for episode 1. 

89a58595-1de0-44c6-bda7-f3aea9c48c3ejpg.jpg

cr. allkpop

Joo Ji Hoon gushes about S2 in a recent interview, even saying that he had asked the PD about the possibility of S3 so that he can realign his schedule for the filming :wub:

The photoshoot of the adorable three :D 

• Like 1

Joo Ji Hoon... if you've watched Kim Eun Hee's dramas, you should have already known by now that no one, not even the lead characters, are safe. That being said... Yi Chang, please stay safe and survive to see Season 3! :sweatingbullets:

Joo Ji Hoon On His Reaction “Kingdom” Season 2 Script, Says No One Is Safe

Joo Ji Hoon On His Reaction “Kingdom” Season 2 Script, Says No One Is Safe

Feb 15, 2019
by R. Jun

Joo Ji Hoon, currently starring in MBC’s newly premiered drama “The Item,” teased fans about what’s to come in the second season of “Kingdom,” which premiered its first season on Netflix late January to rave reviews.

Asked to give his own rating to the Korean historical zombie series, Joo Ji Hoon said, “I want to give it 10 out of 5 stars. I’m satisfied.”

“It’s hard to tell how what the response is really like, but, even if it’s just words, it feels good hearing international reviews compare it to other successful works and say that it surpassed existing ‘K-zombie’ flicks,” said Joo Ji Hoon. “It doesn’t matter if it really surpassed [other works] or not. As someone who was a part of the project, it’s incredible that people feel that way to begin with.”

joo-ji-hoon-kingdom-540x360.jpg

“Kingdom” is different from other zombie shows in that there are no incredibly gory or horrifying scenes. “The horror comes from emotions. When [a zombie] is about to overrun a child, the scene cuts. It’s a mental horror,” said Joo Ji Hoon, explaining that director Kim Sung Hoon didn’t want to show overly horrifying scenes. “If you watch, [the zombies] are pitiful. A mom tries to save her child, but becomes a pitiful creature that ends up [taking the life] of her [other] child. They’re hungry when they’re alive, and they’re hungry when they’re dead. It’s a zombie drama that tells the story of people’s hunger.”

Talking about the director’s approach to “Kingdom,” the actor said, “A camera is just a machine, but it’s amazing how the direction reflects how the director sees the situation. I think you can tell that the director doesn’t see the monsters as monsters. It was like that on set, and it was like that on screen.”

As soon as he wraps filming for MBC’s “The Item,” Joo Ji Hoon will resume filming for “Kingdom” season two. The actor recalled seeing the season two script for the first time. “I was in a plane to Singapore reading the script with Ryu Seung Ryong, and I was so surprised I shouted, ‘What? Really?'” He added, “There are no guarantees that my character is going to live to the end. In season one of ‘Game of Thrones,’ the main character dies.”

cr. Soompi

• Like 1

New stills from Season 2! The 2nd picture looks like it's from Frozen Valley... perhaps taking place immediately after where we left Seo Bi and Cho Beom-pal during the S1 finale:

20190304000608_0.jpg

20190304000609_0.jpg

cr. Korea Herald

• Like 2

My deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of the youngest staff member of Kingdom who passed away in a car accident on Mar 13, 2019 while driving one of the props cars to the filming site in Pyeongchang. Really pray that the safety and well-being of the cast and crew will always be paramount in this and every production...

Bae Doona talks about Kingdom as part of her interview in Allure 2019, translated by lodevotion. Am I even surprised by now that "a lot of people will die", knowing KEH's propensity to kill off characters, backed by RSR and JJH's other interviews? :sweatingbullets:

D2p1fP0UYAQvgoK.jpg

cr. lodevotion twitter

More of the full interview in this thread here: