[Drama 2017-2018] Backflow / Reverse, 역류

0ly40

Episode 52 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21.00 to Episode End)

YR sees JH and IY leaving, and asks why they both look so serious, like they have had some fight. Neither of them answers. YR asks if IY can give her a briefing on the Hanbit Apt project when she gets time, and IY says yes.

JM goes to the Foundation, and meets HM saying he wanted to say Hi, as he was there to apply to be a volunteer. HM was startled initially but welcomes him nicely. HM talks to him about finding his mom and sister nice. JM asks if she has seen his sister, and HM says she met her briefly when she went to their house earlier (she means DM, but JM doesn't seem react in any odd way, so maybe he doesn't know that IY actually was hiding inside when HM went there).  She asks if he is physically alright, and he replies - "thanks to you, yes". HM wants to know how he got injured. Was it a road accident or something?  He says he got assaulted at night on the road, and HM just says, "oh dear". (JM used a bit of a slang word, 퍽치기 = pokchigi, which can stand for bully assault in school etc, so it would not have looked too odd to JM that HM did not to ask for details. To the extent we can guess, she knows about the hit and that is why she was supporting him, though the hit could be ordered by somebody else like DB).  It was just after his father passed away, so it would've been tough on Mom and sister, he says. He thanks her for helping.

BS comes in, and HM introduces JM as "Kim Sang Jae's son". JM greets him and BS says - "I heard you were not well. You seem to look healthy now". He says JM looks just like his dad. JM asks if BS knew his dad. "I have run into him a few times".  JM leaves. BS just asks HM why SJ's son was there. Just to  greet, as he came to apply as a volunteer, says HM. (Once again, we see BS always talking about JM's dad like he knows nothing, and its the same when he talks to HM too, though we know that HM clearly knows quite a bit). BS came to take HM out somewhere (to a library, as we see soon).

IY and JH are at the showroom, and DM sees them. Another sales lady tells  her that it is Taeyeon family' second son. That lady is going gaga over the chaebol son, but DM realizes - "if he is the second son, then he is that man?"

BS has taken HM to a library. He knows she likes books, and they first met over some books or library or something. (I'm not paying attention, sorry). This was again for them to reminisce old days. Nice scene, but nothing serious, so we will move on...

On the way out from the Showroom, JH wants to IY to get in the car, because he would like to go somewhere and talk. She says she will go by a taxi to join DB for dinner. JH suddenly calls DB and says that they are at the showroom. Lots of work, so they will be late. He will bring her back safely. After the call, he drives to the river bank with IY.

JH asks her to explain things in a way he can understand. How did she meet DB after spitting from him? Why did she act like she didn't know him, even after knowing he was DB's brother and recognized him?

IY: Like I said when I came to house first time, I knew your brother earlier than you.
JH: I know. You had met my brother 2 years ago, as he tried to hire you. But at that time you were not seeing each other, right?
IY: Though we weren't seeing each other, I knew that DB liked me and had kept a good feeling for me.
JH: Was that when you met me?
IY: It was by accident that we met during a walk when it rained.
JH: But all through the construction time in Yangpyeong, you stayed by my side, with the name Chae Songhwa.
IY: Because you needed that Chae Songhwa then.
JH: Then why did you suddenly leave me?.
IY: Something bad happened. So I couldn't even think of going back there. I was myself having a hard time, and thought I'd only make it hard on somebody who had lost his vision.
JH: Is that why you met my brother so soon?
IY: You were already not in my mind, you see.
IY: No matter how understanding I want to be, I cannot be understanding of it. How can you break up and within 2 months date somebody else?
IY: There are people like that too. Just because you wouldn't, don't say that even I shouldn't.  To me, those times... meant nothing.
JH: Those times when we shared so many stories... those moments when we felt we were in love... meant nothing at all?
IY: Right. Isn't that why I would forget it so easily?
JH: The first words you said to me... Your warm hands that held me... The music we heard together... I remember every bit of it... But you forgot, you mean?
IY: I've forgotten. It is Dong Bin that I love now.
IY: How can you be sure if that love is true or not? If your love is so quick to forget and easy to erase, how are you sure this love is true? (DB calls).
IY: It is DB.
JH: Don't pick up.
IY: You said you wanted to know if my love to DB is true or not, right?

She answers DB, who asks when they will be done. If she is hungry, just ask, and he can take some food to her.  She says no need. It will be done soon.  IY: "Dong Bin. I miss you".  She looks towards JH and tells DB, "I love you... Let us never forget nor change".

JH looks at her like he can strangle her now. (End of Episode)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sujenlee06 said:

THANK YOU I LIKE THIS DRAMA CANT UNDERSTAND IT WITH OUT YOUR EXPLANATION I AM LAST THANK YOU

Welcome, @sujenlee06 .... Glad that you're enjoying the drama.  I like it too.   Quite well-made and with excellent acting.  Such a pity that nobody is subbing the drama (or I could have saved so much time from translating/recapping too!)...  But as long as all of you are watching it, I will keep adding the recaps.

Episode 53 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 10.30)

After IY calls DB from JH's car and says, ""Dong Bin. I miss you. I love you. Let us never forget nor change," they both get out of the car. IY tells him that it is DB that she loves now, and DB is all she has now. IY asks what she will do if DB finds out about their past. She says she is prepared. She will beg for forgiveness and do as DB says. IY asks her about the pain it will still cause DB.  And what about him, who has to live all his life in the family, looking at her as the senior sister-in-law? JH: "Were you always this selfish a woman?". He animatedly yells at her that when she came to the house the first time and saw him she should have confessed to DB, right then! She should have admitted making a mistake. She yells back why she would do that, as nothing good would come from that either. JH: "So, it's just you who will be just fine? What about me and my brother? No, even Yu Ran??".  He asks how long she expects to go on, lying to the three of them and keeping the secret. IY; "But I too tried to disappear, as I could not look at DB and felt so sorry for him, right? Then it was you, JH, who begged me to not leave your brother and to come back! You forgot?". JH; "Listen to yourself! Dis you forget my words that leaving without saying anything and making somebody wait for ever is the worst crime you can do to him? I told you my own story without even knowing you were SongHwa!".  Now all she can say is, "so what in the world are you asking me to do now? Disappear again? Tell DB that I had an affair with his brother and beg him to live with him and the baby in my womb?"

Now JH shakes her with both hands and says, "Let us just go away together. If only you want it, and will be happy with it, I want to live with you even that way".  (This almost scares her, as we can see on her face). IY: "You've gone insane". She shakes his hands off, saying, "That's not for me. Why should I live with you? What I want is to live like now, being by DB's side and loved by Father and Mother. That's what I want". JH says he cannot be like that.  IY pleads now - "For God's sake, why are you like this? After all that happened, what really are you asking me to do? What is it that we can do at this point?". Tears start flowing down. She asks him why he is saying he loves her now, when he hadn't before. Shouldn't he just hold it in, and act like he didn't know her? He should've just gone on like that. She continues, "no. We should have just not met, to start with. I wish you had refused it when I held an umbrella to you that day at the villa. Had we never met, it would've been better, right? Our relationship is hopeless and ill-fated. It was really love that was not meant to be, and couldn't be allowed. And we were over, even before we started".  JH says nothing is over for him. IY stops him with a "please!".  He should forget her. IY: "Can't you just forget me, like you never knew me? Like it was all a dream? You said I was there to brighten up your worst time, and that I am the reason why you even wanted to live. So can't you do at least this for the woman you love?"

JH doesn't know what to say and just cries, "Chae SongHwa!".  She cries back that she is no Chae Soghwa, but Kim InYeong who ran away as she didn't want a blind man. The brazenly selfish Kim In Yeong who could even act like she didn't know him, even while living in the same house. Just a Kim In Yeong for whom others didn't matter, if it is not to her benefit.  IY finishes that by saying, "so, please don't make it hard on everybody close to you. Just forget me".

IY walks away.  JH just leaves her there and drives off. All she could do was to walk, recalling the touching words by him that he wanted to even drop everything and run away with her (as we hear the strains of the song, "I cry... in my sorrow").

IY gets home, telling YR that she was returning first after the showroom trip, and that JH seemed to have some appointment. YR finds it strange. His phone is turned off too. IY says she doesn't know where JH went, and goes to her room. HM is worried too.

HM talks to BS, who was taking his pills. He tells her that it is just headache tablets. She wants him to be careful of even headaches at his age. She tells him she was happy to spend time with him earlier today (at the public library), but she finds it weird to hear him say all the "thank you"s and "sorry"s all the time.

JM tells DM and SG about going to the Foundation and saying Hi to BS also. DM is surprised and asks "Chairman Kang Baek San?", and then has to cover up by saying that it is natural for her to know of the chairman of the company she works at. JM tells them that BS found him to resemble his dad. DM wants to know if BS said anything else. Nothing else, says JM.

Episode 53 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 10.30 to 20:30)

JH stops somewhere by the street, and recalls IY telling him all the bad things about herself and asking him to forget her.

HM tells YR that JH had called her to say that he was at a gathering with some old friend. He sounded like he wasn't drinking, so all is well. YR is sad that he didn't call her, and HM says it must be because he was feeling bad for making her worry.

JH never came home last night. He is not at the breakfast. BS asks DB to give the employees some thank-you goodies, after the Hanbit Apts contract get announced today.  HM asks if he is that confident of winning it. He is. He thinks JH and IY worked hard for it. He is happy with the response to her designs.  HM tells IY that she will go with her to the Ob/Gyn visit.  YR looks concerned.

YR asks IY what she is going to do. IY asks her not to bother. YR says she is scared and uneasy. YR: "If you do nothing, you are going to get caught. You want me to just sit and watch?". IY says she will find some way. YR says she can't divert HM this time like she did with DB the last time. IY wants to know why YR is caring for her so much - "If I am kicked out, isn't it nicer for you? Aren't you better off if I disappear, since I know your secret?".  YR says that she wants to repay the debt to IY, whatever it takes, like she had told her before.  Even if it takes her whole life, it's fine. IY says there is no need. Don't get into her matters. Whatever YR does, she won't be forgiven, says IY.  YR says she doesn't even need IY's forgiveness. Whether she wants it or not, she is going to repay her. YR: "Now you are also a reason why I am in this house".  IY just sits down to splash lotion on her face.

The team sees that JH's office blinds closed. Mr. Jo wonders why JH hasn't come to work, and Mr Yun says he is in there. He came early. It looks like he never went home. Mr. Jo claims to be so nervous about the Hanbit announcement today that he couldn't even sleep, but Mr. Yun thinks he is bluffing. Mr. Jo still thinks JH is not himself, and wants to know if there was any issue during the showroom trip last evening. IY says there was nothing.

JH is dozing off in his office, and YR comes in with a change of clothes. She starts asking all kinds of questions (in a fairly nice and non-nagging way) on where he was, if he drank, why he did not come home, etc, but he cuts her off - "YR. Today we have the Hanbit Aprts announcement. I need to change clothes, so would you mind stepping out?". She says she understands and leaves.  (One has to feel bad for YR, for the abuse that she constantly gets from everybody - DB, JH and IY).

YR goes to DB's office, to say that she finds JH to be acting strange. Too sensitive, and being harsh on her. She thinks he is trying to push her away. Now DB also starts being harsh on her. He asks sarcastically whether she is falling in love with JH.  He thinks she is acting like that. (I guess YR basically got fed up with everybody taking her for excrement, and decides to test the guy a bit too) YR: "By any chance, is it because he found out about who pushed him off the hilltop?".  DB thinks he could be like this if he feels his memory of being pushed off is some illusion that he made up. DB asks if it isn't because she made some mistake that he is acting like that.  She says no. There has been no mistakes from her side. She is sure. Then he sits back, concluding that it can only be the Hanbit Apts matter. JH must be nervous, he thinks. She asks pointedly, if it won't be bad for DB if Taeyeon wins the Hanbit contract. He asks why it should be, because Taeyeon's doing well is good for him. YR knows that it is a lie, and can only laugh!  He asks her to stop thinking of useless things and just observe his dad and CG.  If anything odd is going on, she should let him know.

Episode 53 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 20.30 to Episode End)

Ms. Ha is wondering why everything is quiet, when it is about time to hear of the Hanbit contract. Maybe JH has heard already, and they failed to get it?  Mr. Jo asks her to stop saying bad-luck stuff.  Mr. Jo wants IY also to go with him and JH, to find out. Just as she tries to ease out of it, JH comes out and says just Ms. Jo and he will go. (IY can see that JH doesn't want anything to do with her now). Ms Ha and Mr Yun look at her, wondering what is up now.

On the way, Mr. Jo says it would've been nice to bring the chief designer. JH says that they will be changing the designer anyway, as she is not somebody who will stick around all the way through.  DB runs into them, saying he will go with them too, to find out. Mr. Jo is surprised but DB says the marketing team had strongly supported them, so they should share in the thrill off winning it too.  Then, as Mr. Jo goes to find out, DB and JH have a chat about why JH didn't come home last night. JH says it was just meeting an old friend, and then agrees with DB that he probably was a bit nervous about the Hanbit announcement too. DB acts like the loving brother, but nothing serious in the chat.

The time-filler herbal shop scene. The aunt tries to get the delivery guy to reduce the delivery charge by giving him a herbal drink, but it doesn't work. SG nicely tells the aunt to stop being stingy, basically. But the aunt has got the business registration for SG's side-dish delivery business, and SG is happy seeing JM's name as co-CEO etc. CH is thinking big about making it to the Homeshopping Network with that business. She acts out a possible scene on TV.

Mr. Yun gets a call and acts like they didn't win it. The two ladies are worried, as he says "Moojin Constuction has... been unable to beat us! Bravo!!". They are thrilled, thinking of a beef dinner today. IY goes to get coffee to celebrate.

DB calls BS to tell him. BS and YR are thrilled too. He thinks rather than have dinner at home, he will take everybody out for dinner. YR says that they have to eat lunch first, now. She is hungry.

DM calls IY to wish her a happy birthday, but she is sad that IY can't be home for that. She wants to know if IY has had seaweed soup (like one is supposed to do on a birthday). IY says she had even forgotten it was her birthday, but she will try to get some seaweed soup somewhere. DM says that they all had that soup at home this morning, in IY's honor. She wants to meet today if possible, and IY says she'll try. DM also confirms from her that the man she saw at the showroom yesterday was IY's "Yangpyeong man". DM thought they both didn't look happy when they left, but IY says there was nothing.

BS and YR see IY and they ask if she wanted to join for lunch. IY thinks that others will suspect something, as many people will be in the cafeteria. BS think that it is fine today, as he is only treating his staff for their successful work. Exercise is good, so they will take the stairs. YR says "let's go" to IY but looks like she is thinking something. They walk down the stairs talking about the exercising, SB slips and is about to fall, IY tries to hold him from falling, YR seems to make a quick decision and give IY a push... and there goes IY tumbling down the stairs! BS and YR run down to her, and YR looks at IY like something is in her mind. (End of Episode)

Episode 54 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.30)

YR runs down to IY, and screams for BS to call 119 for an ambulance.. but she also quietly tells IY, who says she is fine, to "just lie there... don't move".  She quietly shakes her head to show IY that she is on to a plan.  The ambulance comes and YR says she will go, leaving CG to watch BS who just got a shock. (Nice work by YR!).  She also asks the paramedic to go to another hospital rather than the nearest, on the excuse that there is an Ob/Gyn there.  She gives knowing looks at YR and turns her phone off too.

Of course, BS and CG can't get through to YR and they don't know where the ambulance went. BS calls and tells DB who is walking out with JH from the place where the Hanbit Aprt Announcement was made. He doesn't even tell JH what he heard and just runs off, even as Mr. Jo comes to get them both and takes them back to the Taeyeon office.  Weird!

IY goes to multiple emergency rooms, looking for IY.  He calls HM and tells her about the accident and that he can't find them.

IY did push her off the stairs though she said she hadn't planned to do it, when they both chat over a coffee. YR says that she going to to talk with IY and get this done earlier when IY had the stomach cramp trip to the hospital, before IY found them. So, once the situation came up, she decided to give her a push today, knowing that nobody would suspect it. IY couldn't believe that YR made the whole plan in that split second when BS slipped on the stairs first, just to help her with the miscarriage story (but IY didn't argue what YR said - that it was BS who asked to take the stairs and she hadn't panned the whole scenario or anything).  Anyway, it is was YR who turns IY's phone off when they walked out of the ankle treatment, and told IY that from that moment on she was no longer pregnant and that they would say that she had a miscarriage.  So she was trying to help, though IY is not too happy for YR butting in and doing this all by herself.

During the coffee IY argues that she can't stay in that family without the pregnancy, but YR puts some sense into her that there was no need for a baby, and that DB loves her enough. And she should know by now how the parents are, too. They are the types who will only try to get her to come back even if she leaves. YR says she should ask her whenever she needs help.

JH hears the news from his staff, and goes to BS. He can't get through to even DB. BS says he already feels something bad happened, which may be why YR and IY haven't called.

Now the miscarriage becomes official, as YR calls HM about it. HM calls DB, asking him to come home without telling anything, so he guesses it too.

HM comforts IY after taking her to her room with YR, saying DB and she are still young and so can have a baby any time, etc. YR explains to HM that IY fell when BS slipped and IY tried to grab him. IY is touched at her concern and cries, saying she is sorry.

Episode 54 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 10.30 to 22.45)

YR tells HM the details of the "accident" - that IY was only trying to stop BS from falling, when she herself slipped and fell. She feels bad that it all happened because of her. She should've listened to IY when she said other would see and they shouldn't go for lunch. HM says it was an accident and she should leave it at that.

BS comes home, and he is feeling terrible, as he thinks he caused it. (They all blame themselves!)

YR asks the maids to make some seaweed soup.

YR tells DB when he runs in at home, that the reason why she didn't call was because IY was in the surgery room - and lost the baby. (I wonder why she said surgery though).

DB tries to comfort IY, that it is fine. She can only lie quietly without a word. He blames himself for not being by her side when she needed him most. He thinks their ssigssig must be in a good place now.

JH is feeling bad too, recalling yelling at IY about why she didn't tell DB the moment she came to the house first and saw JH. YR calls JH, to ask him to come and comfort DB. She will do the care for IY.

CH, JM and SG are watching some cooking show. JM and CH think that they can make that seafood dish easily and want to try. SG thinks the dishes that look good TV never come out that good. CH agrees. She likes SG's and JM's food better than any other food. CH wants JM to go work at her shop than do other temp work. SG wonders where DM is, and CH thinks she s out somewhere; may be having some romance? JM says he knows nothing of that sort.  Just a time-filler sequence.

Later DM and SG talk in the courtyard. DM asks about SonHwa and SG says she would forgive her. DM was surprised, but SG gives the reason that she and her husband had thought that making a big deal of what SonHwa (YR) did would affect IY and make her blame herself, as she was the one who brought SonHwa home. Even DM gets emotional hearing SG talk about it.  SG had at first talked about whether IY would have had seaweed soup like one is supposed to have on the birthday. 

Episode 54 Translation/Recap Part 3: (Minutes 22.45 to Episode End)

YR takes the seaweed soup she had asked the maids to make, to IY who was surprised that YR knew that it was her birthday. YR says that she can't forget, because IY took her first to their home on her birthday.  YR also said that doing what she was doing alone during this whole period must have been tougher on IY than really having a baby or losing one. She asked her to eat, so as to get healthy enough to achieve whatever her objective was, when she threw her life away and got into this.  "Don't think about anybody else, but you", said YR. All of that seemed to make IY get very emotional and cry big-time.

DB hears the wailing from outside, and YR asks him to leave her alone for a little time. YR explains to him as well, the details of the "accident".

BS is almost crying, blaming himself for what happened. He is so sorry for DB and IY. He is in his bed, and actually cries in the end.

There was nothing significant in the chat between the brothers over a drink.  Just talking about what happened, and DB blaming himself for all this.  He should've stuck stubbornly to his opposition to IY going to work.  Then JH says that he has big responsibility in this too (which completes the self-blame game, among YR, BS, DB and JH!). DB says he knows that if something bad happens to him, JH is always even more sad than him. That is why he wanted a son; one "like us". JH says he is sorry for everything. To IY, and to DB. They just drink.

Then we have the final scene of BS getting up at night and sitting on the chair.  It gets a bit creepy, as BS says, "Min Ju came. I went out when I heard some sound, and it was Min Ju. I asked her to go upstairs and sleep, rather than greet everybody at night".  HM asks why his face looks like that and he just looks lost.  (Episode End)

Episode 55 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.30)

BS goes back to sleep at night, after sitting up and acting lost, saying his sister had come home. HM is clearly getting an idea that something is wrong.

IY gets a birth day wishes video from her home gang. They all throw their comments in. She again cries, after seeing her mom's words, that she should come back soon. (The interesting thing is that all her crying is not because of losing a baby, which she never had, but it would look to everybody else that it is because of a miscarriage).

HM recalls a couple of scenes with BS forgetting things, and starts connecting the dots. She wonders aloud where Min Ju (his sister) would be now, to test if he remembers what he said at night. He doesn't. She asks if they should ask her to come home, and BS says she is anyway not going to listen to them till her travels are done. So HM sees clearly that he has no memory of saying last night that she had come home.

DB comforts IY who says sorry to DB for not listening to him, and insisting on working.  He gives her a hug and she says sorry again. He leaves for work, saying to HM that he has no appetite for breakfast. HM asks him to stay strong.

Maid Nam tells YR that IY did eat breakfast and is looking a bit better. YR again blames herself for the miscarriage, to JH this time. He says she doesn't need to think like that.

YR takes some water and pills to IY. IY asks if this is all fun for YR and she replies, "if caught for this, I will get kicked out the house, so you think it is fun for me?". IY again repeats what he said at the cafe yesterday that she wouldn't be in the house, but for that baby story. YR says that there is no way she will be kicked out, as BS thinks it was his mistake (am I the only one who thinks that YR has the clearest thinking among all the people in this drama?). YR says she is going to help IY and repay her debt, just as she had said before. However much IY says that she hates getting help, they both are now co-culprits (accomplices) in this, ccording to YR. But IY says that she never requested YR for any of that. YR asks her to just take the medicine and look at what's ahead.

IY suddenly asks where in the library the ultrasound drill blueprints are. IY: You said you will repay the debt; so tell me where it is.  (Huh, suddenly she wants YR's help. She is so inconsistent, isn't she?).  YR tells her that it is in the '2018 first half's projects' folder in the second drawer of BS' desk. YR asks if that's the reason she came into the family. Why does she need that design blueprint?... IY says she doesn't trust YR enough to tell her, because she can't say when she will get betrayed again. YR: "You still don't get it? But for me, you would've been caught for a fake pregnancy and would be shaking in fear". IY doesn't buy that. She thinks that YR is doing this because she is afraid that if IY might drag her also down with her if IY were to get caught and kicked out. IY: "You were not saving me, but yourself". YR: "it is a possibility, now that I think about it" (haha). YR: "So, now, how about we find a way for us both to survive?... I will not ask you about your objective in coming to this family, or for continuing to stay by DB. In return, you keep my secret for me too". IY says that is fine.

Just as YR turns to leave, IY says, "There is one more thing. About 6 months ago, didn't you get a call from a guy saying he had picked up a mobile phone and was looking for its owner?". After a slight delay, YR says "no. I don't remember". IY: "Then try to remember". YR: "I don't remember. Maybe some voice-phishing or something?". She leaves. IY thinks to herself, "She was shaky when I asked for the ultrasound designs too. There's definitely somebody behind her."

YR walks out and wonders, "The ultrasound design was whatever... The mobile phone she is talking about, is DB's phone though".

Episode 55 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 11.30 to 22.00)

Maid Nam tells YR that HM is looking for her. HM asks YR if there was anything else other than BP and diabetes that came up in the last medical check up. YR asks what she meant. HM says she doesn't get a good feeling about BS's health. YR lies that the tests showed nothing. HM tells her that BS hardly slept last night. She thinks of telling the rest of it, and decided against it. YR says that it must be from the shock of the IY matter. She too couldn't sleep. HM buys it for now.

HM sees a doctor (not BS' usual doc) and checks with him on the symptoms that he is showing. She already guesses that it may be dementia problems. The doc tells her that unlike people forgetting things in normal life, real Alzheimer's is different. They don't get the lost memory back. Delusions like last night's and change of taste for food are all possible symptoms. She had read up on it, and the doc confirms everything she suspected. He also agreed, just to comfort her a bit, that a quick shock like yesterday from seeing a miscarriage right in front of him could've caused some problems. HM is fairly sure that BS has dementia, as we see on her face when she walks out. She sits down and recalls BS talking about what she would do if he were to go earlier than her because of cancer or dementia or something. BS calls her to ask where she disappeared. The way she talks, and asks him if he had lunch, etc, is very touching. (what an actress! Her tone and line delivery here are something to see).  She tells him that maybe they should go on that trip he talked about. Maybe they should ask his sister Min Ju to come back. She asks if he had something to say when he called. He says it was just to check on IY and see if she was eating well. HM can't stop herself from crying after he hangs up.

BS goes to DB's office to tell him something, not as his boss but as his father. He is sorry for what happened to IY. He feels terrible. DB says he not blaming BS for that. BS asks him to marry IY quickly.

DB and IY talk on the rooftop. JH comforts DB by saying what he went through after he lost his vision. It will all pass, with time. He also tells DB that he always liked that his "hyeong" (older brother) was always there. DB looks appreciative of what JH just said.

HM brings IY some fruits, and has a nice chat with her, to comfort her. IY tells her that she thinks she should move out to a friend's place. It was because of the baby that she was troubling MH and BS. Now there is no reason for her to stay there. HM now looks visibly offended by that, and asks if she thought it was only because of the baby that they accepted her as family. That may even have been true initially, but now she and her husband look at her as DB's partner and like a child of their own. BS didn't even sleep last night, worried about her. Even today he called from his office, to ask if she had eaten well, says HM. But IY still says in a rather callous way, that she thought that seeing her would be hard for BS and DB. Now HM asks, "so, can a family member be dumped because it is 'hard'? If we didn't look at you as family and like our child, we wouldn't be this sad. Leave home? How can you even think like that?". IY apologizes.

HM tells BS about it. He thinks DB and IY should get married quickly. She asks BS, if he is fine. He says he is.

Episode 55 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 22.00 to Episode End)

CH and SG are doing some food preparation, for the side-dish business. SG shows CH the lost of customers who bought her side-dishes. She had called each of them and checked on the taste. CH is impressed. After asking DM if she is dating somebody, who must have given her a bedspread and DM protests, CH shows DM and JM the diary with the customer list. They are shocked too.

IY tells DB about telling HM that she should move out. DB is no happy either. She says she feels bad, as his parents treat her like family. He gives her a hug, saying no.

IY comes home and goes straight to his room saying he is tired, when YR asks him to come down to eat some fruits. HM goes to his room to find out if he is again drinking or anything. She asks why he is acting strange and worrying YR. He says there is no problem. She wants him to not make things worse when everybody already has a hard time. HM says that they've put up the Yangpyeong villa for sale. She and BS want him to forget things and just move forward in life. She tells it is tough for BS to handle the company from now on, at his age. She wants JH and DB to stay steady. She doesn't want him to make it hard on YR, affect her self-esteem and cause her pain.

IY quietly makes a trip to BS' library and gets back with mobile phone pictures of the folder with the ultrasound design, that YR had told her where to find. YR comes in and asks IY about what she would do with her company job. She will go back to work, says IY. YR thinks only DB may object to her working now, ao she only needs to convince DB. But IY says that JH also may not like it anymore. YR asks why. IY thinks he might be just uncomfortable after the latest incident. YR says she will talk to JH, but IY says she has a plan in her mind. YR wants to know what it is. IY: "I need to create a reason why I just have to be staying with the company". She doesn't reply when YR asks what it is.

Ms. Ha and Mr. Yun are sad about IY not being around, and her fall. Mr. Jo thinks that she may not even return to work. JH is already looking for a new chief designer, he says. Mr. Yun asks if she is that badly injured. Doesn't look like it, so it must be some personal reasons, says Mr. Jo.  And we see IY walking right back into the office building, with some exaggerated background music that makes it look like she is going to blow up the place or something :)   [End of Episode]

Spoiler

I can't figure out what YR is up to now either with turning down the marriage proposal and has DB realized that he may not have slept with IY at all? He seemed to be a bit upset with IY in episode 59 and we saw a flashback of him at a party or something and IY was there. Or is he just mad she wants to continue to work? Whatever he said was over heard by JH and later we see IY running away down from the upstairs room to her own room.

They seem to not be speaking and IY is sick with a cold and a bad cough. At the end of the episode we see IY working late and JH going out to buy her some cold meds and being seen by YR and later he comes back to the office to find IY sleep on her desk (or passed out from being sick) and he puts the meds on her desk but turns back to touch her hair and face (kind of creepy JH even though I want you and IY to be together.. lol) and YR comes up and catches him touching IY and seems shocked. I wonder how long it will take for her to find out that IY and JH knew one another and she was the woman he loved before? Or will she just assume he has a thing for the woman his brother loves?

@jayakris thanks for the continued recaps... the more I see JH and IY the more I want them together. Not sure how that would happen without a lot of mess in between. IY is walking on egg shells and her lies will catch up to her.

@0ly40 thanks for the continued video postings..

48 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can't figure out what YR is up to now either with turning down the marriage proposal and has DB realized that he may not have slept with IY at all? He seemed to be a bit upset with IY in episode 59 and we saw a flashback of him at a party or something and IY was there. Or is he just mad she wants to continue to work? Whatever he said was over heard by JH and later we see IY running away down from the upstairs room to her own room.

They seem to not be speaking and IY is sick with a cold and a bad cough. At the end of the episode we see IY working late and JH going out to buy her some cold meds and being seen by YR and later he comes back to the office to find IY sleep on her desk (or passed out from being sick) and he puts the meds on her desk but turns back to touch her hair and face (kind of creepy JH even though I want you and IY to be together.. lol) and YR comes up and catches him touching IY and seems shocked. I wonder how long it will take for her to find out that IY and JH knew one another and she was the woman he loved before? Or will she just assume he has a thing for the woman his brother loves?

@jayakris thanks for the continued recaps... the more I see JH and IY the more I want them together. Not sure how that would happen without a lot of mess in between. IY is walking on egg shells and her lies will catch up to her.

On your comment on what YR is up to, I think she is just thinking straight, and trying to not make things worse for herself and everybody else.  That was really the only reason why she didn't jump at the marriage idea.  She clearly wants to find out why JH was not getting close to her all this while, and she hints at it, when JH gave her the necklace in Ep 58.  Basically, YR knows more of the secrets of everybody, except for the JH-IY story (which also she might start to get a sense of, seeing what happened at the end of today's E59).  She is going to try to delay doing things in any hurry like DB wants her to, just to avoid taking things into further knots that can't be untied easily.  I have come to really like YR's character much more than of IY's because of the shallow analysis and impulsive actions that we constantly see from IY.

As for DB yelling at IY in Ep 58, the suddenness of it was a bit surprising. It was actually worse than it may have looked.  He  started it by going after IY for looking all fine so soon after "losing the baby," laughing and drinking with him. He says to her that he doesn't think she loves him at all.  It was quite close to saying "we are done; or you tell me how we aren't".  I don't know if it would be easy for them to mend bridges after that. Since we didn't see him in any mood to apologize to her afterwards like he did on the earlier occasions when he got upset at her, I think this could be going towards a split between DB and IY in the (near?) future.

I agree with you.  I would also love to see JH and IY together.  Looking at the way they are moving the story forward, maybe we would even see it for a few episodes at some point.

Episode 56 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 12.00)

IY did not blow up the company building, if you thought she would, at the end of Ep 55.  She just goes to DB's office to tell him that the doctor has cleared her to get back to normal activities. She again tells DB that she feels she should go back to her friend's place. She knows that the parents don't want her to, but she thinks it is tough on them to see her around. DB disagrees. But she thinks that the miscarriage was her fault, even if DB says it wasn't, and that it was just an accident. She kept thinking and thinking, she says. Their ssigssig must be blaming her too. Why not work at the Foundation with HM, he asks. Then she says that her former company contacted her asking if she would like to return. He doesn't object strongly, but would like her to be near him rather than in another company. She says she will think more about it. He also agrees to think more.

(Looks like IY's plan to act like she wants to leave the company and make DB want to keep her nearby, seems to have worked).  DB goes and tells JH that IY wants to go back to Han River Interiors. He prefers her staying with Taeyeon and help on the Hanbit Apts project. JH agrees to try to talk to her on resuming work as their designer.

HM makes a surprise visit to BS' office to have lunch with him. He is happy about that. She talks about everybody looking upbeat at the headquarters after winning the project. BS says that the directors and executives are happy with JH now. He had put so much pressure on JH and was worried. HM thinks the sons are fine, so they both should think about themselves. So she came to take him to lunch. She asks if he remembers what they ate on their first date. He does. Cold noodles. He asks the secretary to make a lunch reservation.

JH calls IY to meet him, just as she was waiting to meet DM.  We don't see what she and DM did after that, but IY later goes and meets JH at a cafe. He says he still has not picked a new chief designer, and asks her to return. If he will be making her uncomfortable, he can let her be in another office. IY: "No, there is nothing uncomfortable. You know, that it didn't matter to me right from the start". (She is trying to be harsh, with a pleasant look; but rather unexpectedly, HJ seems to be just fine too, for now). JH: "But then again, that sounds right. We live in one house anyway, so no need to avoid each other at work". He says sorry for how he has been lately. JH says she was right that he did not find out about what was right in front of him, despite saying he loved her. He doesn't have the right. He has hardly done anything for her, so rather, he should also act unawares just like her. He says sorry. That blind man was all wrong in his timing. Had he met her before his accident, or had his surgery a bit earlier, or simply had found her before his brother did, things could all be different now. IY says that it was all things of the past that can't be undone. JH: "So, you also shouldn't do things that can't be undone. My brother.. Don't leave him".  He doesn't want them also to get their times all wrong just because of him.  He hopes for InYeong also, and not just SongHwa, to be happy. She thanks him and he leaves, as we again hear the strains of the song, "I cry... in my sorrow".

Episode 56 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 10.45 to 21.00)

At the restaurant lunch, HM tells BS that she asked his sister to come home now, as she can't come once she is on the one-year desert expedition. He doesn't eat much and she tries to feed him. He asks if he is a child or something, in jest.  She asks if they should get some different dishes if he doesn't find it tasty. He says it's fine. HM asks if he doesn't know Sister Anna Yu at the orphanage that the Foudation supports. He does. Apparently she talked about a priest with Alzheimer's there. She heard that he was healthy all his life but deteriorated in his old age. He was not treated early enough. (HM is surely looking for a reaction from BS). BS shows some look of concern but doesn't react too much. They then take a nice walk by a lake. He asks him to get his medical checkups done, etc. Just some nice chat about spending good times together. Nothing serious. (He probably knows that she is catching on, but still hasn't told her anything).

YR walks into BS' office with some flowers to give him, and the secretary tells her that BS is out for lunch with HM. YR puts the flower on the table, and notices an open file that shocked her. She tells DB who reacts - "He is releasing Taeyeon Retail/Distribution from its affiliation?". That's what is looks like, says YR. It was a report from the Finance division. DB: "If it's from the finance division, is it a move from Director Jeon Sang Jun?". Probably so, says YR. DB wonders why a good affiliate firm like Taeyeon Retail is being separated. He ask if there was nothing else. This is all she has seen so far. He thinks BS will discuss it with YR if this is happening, so he wants her to tell him pronto when she hears from BS.

YR is working in her spacious office and JH comes in with a pot of flowers, seemingly as a "new office gift". (I am telling you, Koreans can't stop giving gifts. I mean, somebody sneezes and they will buy a gift for that!). She is thrilled, but he says it was HM who actually bought it for her. She acts coy, complaining that he could've just said he bought it. He says he will buy a gift that fits her office. He apologizes to her for being sensitive lately and hurting her. She says that she knows something was up, but she won't ask him. She too is sorry. She says there is something she hadn't told him too. She doesn't say what it is, though he looks quizzically at her. YR: "So, there is no problem between us now, right?". He says yes.

Back at home, YR brings an office file that JH asked her to give IY to look over. She asks if YR is going to restart working. Probably so, says IY. YR asks her about her interest in the ultrasound drill designs. IY doesn't answer and asks the counter question, about why YR is working at Taeyeon. YR says it is consulting work, just as announced. It is about the company's processes and systems. IY asks, "for real?".  YR confidently nods, yes.  YR asks her if it is only about being the rich woman's grand-daughter that YR is lying about. YR: "What do you mean?"... YR thinks it wouldn't have been easy to study when she was in hardship in the US. Especially college fees etc. She asks if she really worked at that company Endosin (Is that the name? anyway, she had shown IY a card way back in their first cafe meeting). YR: "Don't you remember? I was great studies in school, you know". She pulls out the Endosin card. IY can call USA and check if she wants. But YR also looks like she fears that IY may actually call and check!

IY tells the family that DB will be late to come back from work, as he told her. HM wants her to go on trip with DB, as they couldn't go to Jeju earlier. IY thinks it will be hard, as he doesn't even have time for a date. HM wants her to ask him anyway.  JH says he wants IY to be back in his design team. IY is okay with that, but asks for BS' permission. He says she doesn't need to ask. He then asks her to get married to DB soon.

Episode 56 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21.00 to Episode End)

Attorney Hwang runs in, all worried, to meet DB at a cafe. DB says it didn't even take him 10 minutes since DB called. DB sarcastically says he just wanted to work out with him where he "works out" after leaving from work. DB asks if his wife knows about the woman who lives in an apartment near there that the lawyer owns. (Ah, that explains the encounter between DB and the lawyer at the Taeyeon lobby several episodes ago, when DB told him that he knows where he "works out"). Attorney Hwang wants to know what DB wants. DB wants to know why he has been meeting BS often. The lawyer reveals that BS has been preparing the inheritance/succession papers. DB asks if separating Taeyeon Retail/Distribution was also done with the lawyer's help. He says yes. DB wants to know why BS is separating a successful subsidiary. The lawyer does not know. Only the chairman knows the big picture. Also, no final decisions have been made on anything. DB asks if BS hasn't said, to whom he is giving that company. No, says the lawyer. DB thanks him. Just as the lawyer starts to say, "I will talk to the chairman and--", DB interrupts and says, "I heard your son is in law school. If I support from behind, even after a generation change, your son's future will be bright with Taeyeon. Please give it some good thought".  The lawyer doesn't know what to say, to that deal.

DB is back home and IY tells him that she talked to BS and decided to return to the company. He is happy. Much better than going back to Han River Interiors, in his view. He pauses for a moment, and she asks what's wrong. He says it's nothing.

The aunt is dumping out bags of potato chips to eat, and DM thinks she will gain wait. DM is binge-eating because she's upset that she wasn't allowed to apply to be a singer or dancer or something at a Mart opening (huh?? something like that... I'm not paying attention). It seems they said she was too old.

HM is talking to BS about doing some health exercises. He laughs it off. If she wants, maybe they can just walk around the neighborhood. Swimming, Skiing and Golf - she didn't want to do any of that before; so what is with this sudden interest in health exercises? She insists, and he is actually happy if they can do it together. She says she'll do swimming, or skiing, or can learn even golf if he teaches her. Nothing much else in their conversation. Just thanking each other for being good. (BS is really doubting now, whether HM has heard something)

In the morning BS makes sure from YR that she is keeping a tight lid on the news of his condition. She says the secret is safe with her.

At breakfast, HM ask YR to help her deliver some flowers to somebody in the evening. She asks JH if he is free to go along too. He says yes. She ask DB what he is planning. He is thinking of seeing a movie with IY. HM suggests that they all go together in the evening, and gives the tickets to YR. It is for a musical. BS says it is from a student that HM had once sponsored to study musicals, who has now made it big, and has sent her tickets. They are all happy.

IY comes to the planning and design team office sayng "hello" like nothing happened, and the team members are happy to see her back. IY thanks them, and promises not to get hurt and go away again. JH comes in and welcomes her back too.

DB is already outside the Musical hall. IY walks up, sees him from a good distance, and stops. As though she just can't go through with this anymore, her expression changes and she just walks back. YR comes with the flowers to deliver for HM. She is early, as she came straight from the Foundation. JH had told her that he would be late. DB gets a call from IY that a friend of hers broke up with her boyfriend and is crying - so she can't leave her behind alone. DB is sad that she can't come but says, "nothing you can do, I suppose. let's meet at home".  Now YR gets a call from JH saying he still has work to do and can't join. He wants the three of them to watch the musical.  But he sees IY across the street and finishes the call, saying "sorry".  They look at each other...

[And we hear the backgound  - "It's because I'm tearing up often, it's because I can't see your image... Can't you come tomorrow, and be by my side like before? Please... Please... If it's going to be this painful, now... there won't be another love for me again".  From the OST Part 4 by "Bro"]      [End of Ep 56]

Archived