[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

First look at Yoo Seung-ho and Chae Soo-bin in I’m Not a Robot

by tineybeanie

csb_imrobot0.jpg

Oh so cute! The first stills of Yoo Seung-ho (Ruler—Master of the Mask) have been revealed for his upcoming drama, I’m Not a Robot. In it, he plays the principal investor of a successful finance company who has everything from money to power to looks. Unfortunately, he also has a “human allergy,” which prevents him from having a girlfriend, let alone any physical relationship. As a result, when he meets this girl robot, in his loneliness, he ends up falling in love with a her. But is she really a robot?

Spoiler

Main love interest Chae Soo-bin (Strongest Deliveryman) is also captured in the stills below. She will be playing two roles: a robot and a human. Her robot character is Aji-3, the latest AI humanoid android with a supercomputer brain programmed to understand humans. Her second character, Jo Ji-ah, is a human who has an Einstein-level of emotional intelligence and dreams of becoming an entrepreneur who makes things that people need. Through her ex-boyfriend who is an engineering doctoral student, she gets a part-time job acting as a robot that looks exactly like her, Aji-3. So I wonder, will Yoo Seung-ho be falling for Aji-3 or Jo Ji-ah? It’s been reported that Chae Soo-bin has been practicing her gait, accent and intonations for months to perfectly mimic a robot.

Regarding the production team, PD Jung Dae-yoon (She Was Pretty) and writer Kim Sun-mi (Shine or Go Crazy) are collaborating for this drama. It’s also been reported that Yoo Seung-ho and PD Jung Dae-yoon hit it right off the bat, completely in tune with each other’s ideas regarding this project. I’m glad because a good rapport between the cast and the crew means a positive work environment, which will hopefully lead to an even better drama.

Overall, I’m just looking forward to seeing these two actors, Yoo Seung-ho and Chae Soo-bin, onscreen. In both their sageuks earlier this year (Ruler—Master of the Mask and Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People respectively), I thought that they were heavily underutilized. So I hope that I’m Not a Robot will give them the opportunity to show off all the cute charisma that I know they’re both capable of.

MBC romantic comedy I’m Not a Robot will air sometime later this year.

csb_imrobot1.jpg

csb_imrobot2.jpg

csb_imrobot3.jpg

csb_imrobot4.jpg

Via iMBC 1, iMBC 2, iMBC 3

@sanaeozora Hi ching!! :D hhhhh you have same feelings like me :tongue: and from what I saw the drama is pushed to start at December!! let's hope everything will be solved by then and it won't be pushed back again!! 

• Like 1

Omg!!! :wub::wub:

Look at our Mr. Sexy Everything! I cant wait to see him as a chaebol!@maj_loves @WoozyPrincess @sakura2016

@maj_loves @sakura2016 i think even though we may not know the writer for this drama, we certainly know that YSH will not disappoint us :D

@sakura2016 haha my fangirling partner, i almost didn't recognize you by your new DP. I had to make sure I tag the right one :tongue:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Look at our Mr. Sexy Everything! I cant wait to see him as a chaebol!@maj_loves @WoozyPrincess @sakura2016

@maj_loves @sakura2016 i think even though we may not know the writer for this drama, we certainly know that YSH will not disappoint us :D

@sakura2016 haha my fangirling partner, i almost didn't recognize you by your new DP. I had to make sure I tag the right one :tongue:

agree with you!! :wink: 

hhhhhhh yeah :tongue: I fell for the look in Yoo Seung Ho's eyes in that pic and ended up using it as my new avatar!! :wink::wub: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I can't agree more! Yoo Seung Ho is simply amazing in all he does and along side another good actress as Chae soo-bin, this drama is set to a very good start, but things doesn't stop there. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope for this drama to be good all through out-- to showcase and make its actors shine through good writing, directing & music (Srsly, what should I offer to dramagods to hear us?) By the way, the news article about Seung-ho and the PD's harmony is such a pleasant news, isn't it? I watched She Was Pretty and W which were the recent works of PD Jung. His directing style will make you deeply immerse to the tone of the story, basically feeling what you were ought to feel at that moment and that is something I look forward in here. I. CAN'T. WAIT. :lol:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eunjoyesung said:

I'm just happy that YSH is doing a modern theme drama. But the plot line seems a bit boring? anyway, best of luck for him. 

why is it boring chingu?!! a man allergic to humans and with no love experiences get advices from another man who no where better than him in love matters and fall in love with a robot who's not a robot, that sounds fun actually :D hope you'll see it the same way when we start having the teasers and promos!! :D 

hhhhh cute fanart!! :D 

cr: owner

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

why is it boring chingu?!! a man allergic to humans and with no love experiences get advices from another man who no where better than him in love matters and fall in love with a robot who's not a robot, that sounds fun actually :D hope you'll see it the same way when we start having the teasers and promos!! :D 

hhhhh cute fanart!! :D 

cr: owner

I don't know, the fact that the lead man mistook the woman as a robot. Sounds so cliche, and it seems like the whole plot is predictable. 

But once again, it's only my guessing, I do hope it did well..

I need help please. 
Here I ask for your participation to fill out the questionnaire below about product placement in K-drama Goblin. This questionnaire have no financial purpose or any profit intention, this questionnaire are solely for my final assignment research.
Please solely fill this questionnaire.

Thank You

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_jNd6Bduhl0GIIVyjwLcFQq35Pb95R45CkDT7hXfhIg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eunjoyesung said:

I don't know, the fact that the lead man mistook the woman as a robot. Sounds so cliche, and it seems like the whole plot is predictable. 

But once again, it's only my guessing, I do hope it did well..

well she looks believable as a robot and I like that :) and it's a needed twist for an allergic man to humans :tongue: plus all/most plots can seem predictable but how to showcase them is what really makes the difference, don't you think chingu?!! :wink: 

we all hope so and I hope you'll enjoy it with us too!! :) 

PS: can you please remove the quoted IG pic from your post chingu?!! it's aggainst soompi rules!! thank you in advance!! :) 

On 10/30/2017 at 7:58 PM, sakura2016 said:

@sanaeozora Hi ching!! :D hhhhh you have same feelings like me :tongue: and from what I saw the drama is pushed to start at December!! let's hope everything will be solved by then and it won't be pushed back again!! 

Well, it's only a month, and if this means YSH and the rest of cast & crew can take it easier, it's fine by me. Also, I'm loving the fact that Seung-ho and the director have hit it off so well, I'm hoping this sinergy will be able to create a great drama.

And Chae Soo Bin really looks like a robot, it's almost spooky! I can't wait to get a trailer in which we can hear her speak, I read she's been training for weeks on how to sound like a robot so I have high expectations and, I know I'm way ahead of myself right now, but I'm imagining the scene in which he figures out she's not a real robot. Ah the drama!!!

Last but not least, the fact that YSH's character is interacting with a real woman and has no allergic reactions (at least that we know of) makes me think his 'allergy' is a psychological one, rather than an actual rejection from his body. If I'm right, I'm expecting a plot line or a flashback to some childhood trauma that justifies this unnatural aversion to human contact.

Seriously though, the potential plot lines for this drama are quite endless...and let's face it, I know we're being sold the idea that this is a rom com and we'll be laughing a lot, but it's a k-drama so, I'm not going to put away my tissues just yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

Well, it's only a month, and if this means YSH and the rest of cast & crew can take it easier, it's fine by me. Also, I'm loving the fact that Seung-ho and the director have hit it off so well, I'm hoping this sinergy will be able to create a great drama.

And Chae Soo Bin really looks like a robot, it's almost spooky! I can't wait to get a trailer in which we can hear her speak, I read she's been training for weeks on how to sound like a robot so I have high expectations and, I know I'm way ahead of myself right now, but I'm imagining the scene in which he figures out she's not a real robot. Ah the drama!!!

Last but not least, the fact that YSH's character is interacting with a real woman and has no allergic reactions (at least that we know of) makes me think his 'allergy' is a psychological one, rather than an actual rejection from his body. If I'm right, I'm expecting a plot line or a flashback to some childhood trauma that justifies this unnatural aversion to human contact.

Seriously though, the potential plot lines for this drama are quite endless...and let's face it, I know we're being sold the idea that this is a rom com and we'll be laughing a lot, but it's a k-drama so, I'm not going to put away my tissues just yet.

and they get to work with less pressure now as well so it's good for them and by result good for me!! :) 

one of the reasons I hoped for Yoo Seung Ho to take this offer was for him to work with W's PD and I'm happy they're having a great sinergy working together!! :D 

hhhhhh me too and can you imagine him while starting to doubt her "robot" nature? I can imagine his hillarious reaction if/when he hears her sneezing or her stomach starts growling of hanger doubting if he's imagining things!! :lol: 

I believe his "allergy" is psychological since he was fine and fell for her so yeah I'm waiting to know what trauma caused it!! and you don't want to know the number of rom-coms that made me cry as if they were melodramas no?!! :blink: plus we have Yoo Seung Ho so we will cry for sure at some point!!

_______

Yoo Seung Ho filming for "I'm Not A Robot" :D 

L’image contient peut-être : arbre, ciel, plein air et nature

L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus, plein air et texte

L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus et plein air

cr: I'm Not a Robot

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics! I hope that's YSH's character's home, it looks amazing!

And yes, I think it's going to be funny seeing him doubt himself first, then CSB's character's cover as a robot later when he  notices very un-robot thinks like being hungry, or having a cold, because it's going to happen sooner or later.

But we're definitely going to cry, like you said, it's YSH, there's NO WAY we'll be spared of his amazingly emoting eyes but I am hoping that he won't be put through too much hardship, for once I want his character to have an easy ride...wishful thinking, I know but a girl can dream, amirite?

On another hand, I just thought that since YSH's character is a chaebol from a huge financial conglomerate, I'm assuming we'll be seeing the usual machinations from the baddie who will try to steal the company from him? I am hoping YSH will find a creative way to outsmart him/her. Geez, the drama hasn't started yet and I'm already coming up with weird theories...#pleasesendhelp!

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

Thanks for the pics! I hope that's YSH's character's home, it looks amazing!

And yes, I think it's going to be funny seeing him doubt himself first, then CSB's character's cover as a robot later when he  notices very un-robot thinks like being hungry, or having a cold, because it's going to happen sooner or later.

But we're definitely going to cry, like you said, it's YSH, there's NO WAY we'll be spared of his amazingly emoting eyes but I am hoping that he won't be put through too much hardship, for once I want his character to have an easy ride...wishful thinking, I know but a girl can dream, amirite?

On another hand, I just thought that since YSH's character is a chaebol from a huge financial conglomerate, I'm assuming we'll be seeing the usual machinations from the baddie who will try to steal the company from him? I am hoping YSH will find a creative way to outsmart him/her. Geez, the drama hasn't started yet and I'm already coming up with weird theories...#pleasesendhelp!

it is chingu!! :D isn't it beautiful?!! :wub: 

hhhhhhh we all wish for the same thing and since he said this is the most chearful character he played till date looks like our wishes came true :wink: but that doesn't mean we won't see him in tears that's a given!! 

oh, I actually didn't think about that!! I'm already hating whoever is going to think about hurting him or steal his company :unamused: hhhhhhhh we're lost cause chingu!! :lol: but yeah I can't wait to see the smart-capable-handsome chaebol Yoo Seung Hoo outsmarting those who tries to fool around him!! :wub::D 

L’image contient peut-être : arbre, plante et plein air

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omg!! I can't wait to see our rich chaebol YSH!! :wub:

And that house! If only it was mine!! :lol:

me too!! :w00t::wub: 

hhhhhhhh that in no million years chingu!! :lol: but yeah it's really pretty and can't wait to see our Kim Min Kyu living and working there!! :wub: 

• LOL 1

9 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

me too!! :w00t::wub: 

hhhhhhhh that in no million years chingu!! :lol: but yeah it's really pretty and can't wait to see our Kim Min Kyu living and working there!! :wub: 

Lol ikr! I can't wait to see our Kim Min Kyu living there too! Now, we have to wait until December to see him.

Btw.. i think Hospital Ship ends this week. Is there news on what spot will fill it since this drama has been postponed to December? It was supposed to take HS's spot afterwards. 

• Like 1

Haha @Berou when it comes to my biases, my fangirling mode is unleashed. And when it is our Mr. Sexy Everything, there is no escape :lol:

I am also not a huge fan of Rom-Com but if the story is good and stable, I will like it. I am putting my hopes that there will be little flaws unlike what we went through with Ruler <_< YSH hasn't disappoint me with his works so i trust this one should be good :D

I think something temporary will fill the spot after HS because this one will still be taking the spot in December. Given a month away, the cast will have time to shoot some episodes so that the schedule doesn't become strenous during live shooting. I don't think i have read that the drama will be fully pre-produced right? So i will guess it will be partially pre-produced? :blink:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Lol ikr! I can't wait to see our Kim Min Kyu living there too! Now, we have to wait until December to see him.

Btw.. i think Hospital Ship ends this week. Is there news on what spot will fill it since this drama has been postponed to December? It was supposed to take HS's spot afterwards. 

well good thing december isn't that far away but don't want them to pospone it again!! :( 

it is final week of HS but didn't see any news about what to air for the time being!!  

18 minutes ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 @vangsweetie637 fangirls spotted :lol:

So am I !

I can't wait too to see him working in suits :). Rom Com is not my favourite genre though, I'm willing to sit and watch a rom com for YSH. As long as the plot doesn't become boring and absurd, I'm Ok. My expectations aren't high since it's a rom com :D. We don't know which programme/series will take the spot of HS that ended this week. Happy it it's been postponed to December.  The cast and crew will have more time to shoot, it prevents them going through live shooting.

hhhhhh actually I mostly love rom-coms that has an additional eliment to it as well because I get bored moste of the time :lol: let's hope this won't be the case here and we have our handsome Yoo Seung Ho to keep boredom away!! :wink: 

yeah it's better for the cast and crew to work with much ease!! :) 

• Like 1