Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 22-28, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-22-28-2023/

Saturday, May 27      
Doctor Cha 13 JTBC 14.4%
The Real Has Come 19 KBS 18.8%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3 10 SBS 13.5%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 7 tvN 5.3%

Sunday, May 28      
Doctor Cha 14 JTBC 18.2%
The Real Has Come 20 KBS 20.2%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 8 tvN 6.7%

*** Kim Bum and Lee Dong Wook’s bromance has been immensely appreciated in the drama "Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938".  He recently interacted with an Indian fan.   :7555_attack:

1685435566_kim-bum-lee-dong-wook.jpg

Kim Bum Interview

How did it feel to be back in the shoes of Lee Rang after years? What should the audience anticipate from your character this season?

Kim Bum: I am happy to meet the viewers once again through Lee Rang, and as someone who loved and waited for the next series of 'Tale of the Nine Tailed,' I cannot wait for the release and am truly excited.

Lee Rang from that era, shows new characteristics that weren’t seen in the present timeline. In the modern day, which is the time period of the first season, he avoids forming emotional bonds with others, but deep within his heart, he is more caring than anyone else. In ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938’, there will be connections with individuals he deeply cared for that will unveil a new side of Lee Rang.

Lee Rang does not have a love line so far. What do you think of having one and what kind of a character do you think would be perfect for a romance trope?

Kim Bum: The special relationship between Lee Rang and Yeo Hee is worth looking forward to. Because they share the commonality of being half-human-half-mystical creatures, they feel more connected to each other. The feeling of love is new to Lee Rang, so he will be a bit stiff and awkward about it, but through this emotional journey, there will be interesting scenes coming along, and you will be able to find different charms of Lee Rang compared to season 1.

You are known to bring all your characters, including the past ones, to immense fame. What do you think sets Lee Rang apart from the rest?

Kim Bum: The difference between Lee Rang and my past characters is that he rejects all of his settings. He tries to reject his family history, relationships with people, and his current situation as much as he can. This makes him end up alone, trying to survive every situation on his own, and this makes him different from my past roles.

You recently replied to an Indian fan’s supportive message and their love for you. They wish to see you here someday. What would you like to say to them about the unconditional support they have been sending for years?

Kim Bum: As fans who actively keep up with my social media would know, I try my best to read and appreciate all the supportive messages not only from India but from around the world. I am aware of their wishes, and their wishes are my wishes too. Fortunately, the borders between countries that have been so difficult to navigate over the years seem to be thinning a bit, and I can't wait to meet people I've only met in writing or through mobile and screen.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/exclusive-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-star-kim-bum-talks-love-line-for-lee-rang-fan-support-in-india-1223462

10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in June 2023

Summer is well on its way, and with it brings new kdramas for the month of June! We have supernatural, rom-coms, office, and suspense to choose from. Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this June 2023 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”

This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in that amazing world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything! Here are the kdramas you should keep an eye out for in June 2023:

CURRENTLY AIRING IN JUNE:

8. Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 Korean Drama - Lee Dong Wook

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 is about a gumiho (Lee Dong Wook) who handles problems between the living world and the underworld that gets transported back to the 1930’s where he must try to return to the present to reunite with his loved ones.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 airs Friday and Saturday on tvN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2023/06/01/10-korean-dramas-you-need-to-be-watching-in-june-2023/

*** tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” held onto its spot at No. 3 on the drama list.  :twerk2:

Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of May are as follows:

1. SBS “Dr. Romantic 3”
  2. JTBC “Doctor Cha”
  3. tvN “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”
  4. JTBC “The Good Bad Mother”
  5. KBS2 “My Perfect Stranger”
  6. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!”
  7. tvN “Family
  8. KBS2 “Woman in a Veil
  9. JTBC “King the Land”
  10. ENA “True to Love”

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas.jpg

credit : soompi news

*** On June 4th, Kim Bum posted on his Instagram with the caption, "A photo that would belong in my grandmother's wallet...Wake up and watch the show. I'm watching you. I can't believe there are only three episodes left until the

broadcast ends. If you laugh like that, you can't axe. I can't act cool, so please take me home".  :Woah:

Kim Beom and Lee Dong-wook in Suits in Black and White

photo1674380.jpg

photo1674379.jpg

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 29-June 4, 2023

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-29-june-4-2023/

Saturday, June 3      
Doctor Cha 15 JTBC 14.7%
The Real Has Come 21 KBS 19.0%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3 12 SBS 14.4%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 9 tvN 5.0%

Sunday, June 4      
Doctor Cha 16 JTBC 18.5%
The Real Has Come 22 KBS 20.0%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 10 tvN 6.6%

*** From May 6 through June 6 KST, the Korea Brand Reputation Research Institute analyzed big data of 50 lead actors and actresses appearing on TV/streaming service platform series. Big data analysis converts data such as consumer participation, media activity, communication, and community activity into numerical value in order to determine a brand's reputation value.  Here are the top 30 TV drama actors/actresses in terms of brand value rankings for this past month, in order: Uhm Jung Hwa, Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Hyo Seop, Kim Byung Chul, Han Suk Kyu, Min Woo Hyuk, Kim So Yeon, Myung Se Bin, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Sung Kyung, Ahn Eun Jin, Ra Mi Ran, Kim Bum, Baek Jin Hee, Kim Dong Wook, Ahn Jae Hyun, Lee Chae Young, Woo Do Hwan, Cha Joo Young, Jang Na Ra, Yoo In Na, Kim Jae Won, Song Ji Hyo, Ryu Kyung Soo, Jang Hyuk, Kim Ji Yeon, Jin Ki Joo, Seo Ji Hye, Shin Ye Eun, and Kim Nam Hee.    :heart2:

1686019756-25d7b8b2d38e92586f060b640dfa4

1686019756-25d7b8b2d38e92586f060b640dfa4

*** “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” winds to a close TODAY, the stars of the drama shared their thoughts ahead of tonight’s finale! Kim Bum, who returned as the beloved character Yi Rang, repeatedly thanked viewers for making a second season ofthe drama a reality. He said humbly, “Thanks to the fact that you sent us so much love, I was able to meet these great people again. Together with these people, I was able to spend time as Yi Rang, whom I love so dearly. I’d like to thank all of our viewers again and again. I was truly happy [during filming].” I enjoyed how the story has wrapped up—. The final episode of the drama has aired earlier, June 11 at 9:20 p.m. KST.   :kaching1:

Kim-Bum.jpeg

0003158478_001_20230610092201255.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0003158478

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Stars Say Goodbye + Tease What To Look Forward To In Tonight’s Finale

20230611065344_Lee-Dong-Wook-Kim-So-Yeon

As tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” winds to a close, the stars of the drama shared their thoughts ahead of tonight’s finale!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” is a sequel to the hit 2020 drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. In the new season, Yi Yeon unexpectedly found himself back in 1938, and he embarked on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

Lee Dong Wook expressed his gratitude to viewers for the chance to reprise his role as Yi Yeon, commenting, “It was an honor to be able to play Yi Yeon once again. I will hold dear all the love you gave ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938.'”

Spoiler

Lee-Dong-Wook-2.jpeg

Kim So Yeon joined the cast this season as a new character: the fierce mountain goddess Ryu Hong Joo.

The actress remarked, “It was such an honor to play Ryu Hong Joo, and I’d like to sincerely thank directors Kang Shin Hyo and Jo Nam Hyung, as well as writer Han Woo Ri, for creating and depicting Ryu Hong Joo as charming and cool. Thanks to the entire cast and crew of ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,’ I’ve never been happier on a filming set.”

As for what viewers should keep an eye out for in the finale, Kim So Yeon went on to tease, “It was hard to hold back my tears when filming the second half of Episode 12. I hope you’ll look forward to finding out what kind of scene made me tear up so much. Please stay tuned until the very end.”

Kim-So-Yeon.jpeg

Kim Bum, who returned as the beloved character Yi Rang, repeatedly thanked viewers for making a second season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” a reality.

The actor said humbly, “Thanks to the fact that you sent us so much love, I was able to meet these great people again. Together with these people, I was able to spend time as Yi Rang, whom I love so dearly. I’d like to thank all of our viewers again and again. I was truly happy [during filming].”

In terms of what viewers can expect from the final episode, Kim Bum revealed, “In ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938’—which has been chaotically racing ahead thus far—all of the characters, including the gumihos and mountain gods, will finally come together with the same goal and look towards the same direction together for the very first time. If you keep an eye on how this story will wrap up—and especially what kind of farewell Yi Rang will wind up facing—I think you’ll enjoy it.”

Kim-Bum.jpeg

Finally, Ryu Kyung Soo, who played mountain god Cheon Moo Young, took a nostalgic look back at his time filming the drama.

“I feel like for the past eight months, I’ve been traveling from place to place all over Korea and making wonderful memories together with great people, as if we were on vacation together,” said the actor.

“I would like to sincerely thank everyone who loved Cheon Moo Young,” he continued. I learned a lot through ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,’ and I was really happy [during filming]. I had a lot of fun.”

Ryu-Kyung-Soo.jpeg

The final episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will air on June 11 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

*** On June 11, the season finale of the drama achieved the highest viewership ratings of the entire series thus far. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 8.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels—and beating the drama’s previous record of 7.1 percent from its second episode. Congratulations to the team! Time flies so fast, that it seems the drama has just begun. I want to applaud them for their performances in the drama... Kim So Yeon is a great addition to the drama. There were flaws but, it's a good drama.   :kisslevel:

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Ends On Its Highest Ratings

20230612005614_Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-1

0006859316_001_20230612085401453.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0006859316

*** This week we say goodbye to "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938," which kept its chosen audience and ended with a high

of 8%.    :Megathanks:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 5-11, 2023

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-5-11-2023/

Saturday, June 10      
The Real Has Come 23 KBS 19.4%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3 14 SBS 14.9%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 11 tvN 4.7%

Sunday, June 11      
The Real Has Come 24 KBS 21.0%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 12 tvN 8.0%