Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 12, 2024 Data)

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-12-

1. "Queen of Tears"

2. "A Killer Paradox"

3. "Doctor Slump"

4. "Solo Leveling"

5. "Korea-Khitan War"

6. "The Gentlemen"

7. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan"

8. "The Apothecary Diaries"

9. "Captivating the King"

10. "Ghost Doctor" 

• 3 weeks later...

*** Final two episodes of Wedding Impossible is nearing. On March 29, the drama’s production team revealed that Kim Bum would be making special appearance in next week’s episodes. Aside from him, there will still be other (2) actors who have cameos, too. i will look forward to seeing what role Kim Bum will play in the drama. Final two episodes of “Wedding Impossible” will be on April 1 and 2 at 8:50 p.m. KST!   :blush:

202403290848355710_1_20240329085702251.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000838130

Stellar Cameos by Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Bum & Ryu Kyung Soo to Amp Up the ‘Wedding Impossible’ Finale

weddingimpossible.png

With just two episodes left, tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama Wedding Impossible is setting the stage for an unforgettable finale by adding Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung Soo to its lineup of special appearances.

The production team shared, “The three actors will form connections with the characters Na Ah Jeong (Jeon Jong Seo), Lee Ji Han (Moon Sang Min), Lee Do Han (Kim Do Wan), and Yoon Chae Won (Bae Yoon Kyoung), marking the climax of the romantic mission. We’re thankful to the three actors for joining us, thanks to their connections with the crew. We’re excited for the audience to see what roles they’ll play.”

Wedding Impossible has already caught the attention with surprise appearances from trending actors such as Joo Hyun Young and Jung Kyung Ho, making the anticipation for the contributions of Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung Soo even more palpable.

Meanwhile, the series has been navigating through the tumultuous waters of a love triangle involving Na Ah Jeong, Lee Ji Han, and Lee Do Han, putting their friendships and romantic entanglements under strain. Lee Ji Han’s decision to take all the blame upon himself at a press conference has only foreshadowed more dramatic developments to come.

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000838130

• 2 weeks later...

*** The first time I knew about Kim Bum was when I watched him in "Boys Over Flowers". I wonder why he seldom stars in romantic comedies. He's famous in other genres. He has this good looks and I wonder why he prefers a darker and more villainous role. I mentioned this because recently, I got to see Kim Bum in a rom-com again after so long as he made a cameo appearance in Wedding Impossible. His agency, King Kong by Starship, shared a behind-the-scenes video of Kim Bum filming his scenes. He was noticeably embarrassed, as he wasn’t used to the genre. The clip went viral with over 1M views on X. In the clip, staff teasingly told Kim Bum that his fans were waiting for him to do a rom-com, which he claims that he is not good at playing those types of roles. Yet, I couldn’t disagree with him more. I think he was actually meant to star as the male lead in a rom-com due to his adorable face and smiles! I just don't believe him. I don't think so.  :heart3:

Kim Bum: I don’t think I can. No, I think it’s easier to play the role of killing people. Why didn’t I act like this for ten years? I got it again. I don’t know how to express my face.

video source : Koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...

*** JTBC "Law School" celebrates 3 years! The drama  was released on April 14, 2021. It's an amazing series. The drama features multiple characters who add to the plot and move it forward. All the characters have a backstory and a reason for being the way they are.  :ohboy2:

depositphotos_111107276-stock-photo-happ

7 best Kim Bum TV Shows to binge-watch this weekend: Tale of the Nine-Tailed, Boys Over Flowers, and more

Check out this comprehensive list of 7 best Kim Bum TV Shows that will make you fall in love with his versatile acting skills.

356974816_copy-of-cms-lead-image-31_2024

Today, let’s check out some of the best Kim Bum TV Shows that will make you fall in love with him even more. He is one of the most beloved Korean actors who has established a prolific acting career spanning over a decade. Whether it is his commendable acting skills, stylish demeanor, or irresistible charm, viewers can’t help but be completely captivated by his on-screen presence. In addition, this K-drama heartthrob is certainly a versatile actor, whose diverse roles are frequently lauded by the fans. 

1. Boys Over Flowers

• Cast: Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum, Koo Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Joon
  • Director: Jeon Ki Sang
  • Runtime: 60 minutes ( average per episode)
  • Seasons: 1
  • Release Date: January 5, 2009

Boys Over Flowers is considered one of the most popular K-dramas of all time, which also landed actor Kim Bum his breakout role. In this famed Hallyu drama, he stars as So Yi Jung, a playboy casanova with adorable charm and a member of the school-wide-famed group F4 alongside Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyung Joong, and Kim Joon. 

His character was met with one of the most interesting transformations in Boys Over Flowers. A womanizer who turned into a complete lover at the end of the drama didn’t fail to leave a significant mark on the viewers’ minds. Furthermore, Kim Bum’s heart-fluttering chemistry with actress Kim Sae Ron still lives in the history of rom-com dramas.

2. Tale of the Nine-Tailed 

• Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Jo Bo Ah, Kim Young Ji
  • Director: Kang Shin Hyo
  • Runtime: 70 minutes ( average per episode)
  • Release Date: October 7, 2020

Kim Bum’s role in the highly-rated K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed was considered his glorious return to a high-budget series, which portrayed him in the light of a protagonist character. In this fantasy mystery drama, the actor transforms into Lee Rang, a half-blood gumiho (nine-tailed fox), a creature from popular Korean folklore.

He is also the half-brother of Lee Dong Wook’s character Lee Yeon, who himself is a 1000-year-old gumiho and a former mountain spirit. The duo shares a love-hate brotherhood. After being abandoned by his mother, Lee Rang was saved by Lee Yeon, leading him to harbor respect for him. But when his older brother also abandoned him for personal reasons, he became hateful towards him, causing much mischief. 

A prequel of this popular drama was also released in 2023, named Tale of the Nine-tailed 1938, where Kim Bum reprised his role.

3. Ghost Doctor 

• Cast: Kim Bum, Rain, Uee, Song Na Eun
  • Director: Boo Seong Cheol
  • Runtime: 60 minutes ( average per episode)
  • Release Date: February 22, 2022

This lighthearted K-drama, Ghost Doctor is a must-watch, as the ever-charming Kim Bum co-stars with another Korean heartthrob Rain, who appears as Cha Young Min, a gifted but arrogant surgeon. Kim Bum stars as Go Seung Tak, a resident surgeon at the same hospital, whose only reason for success is his grandfather’s connections. 

Despite being the polar opposite, Cha Young Min’s spirit unexpectedly ends up confined in Go Seung Tak’s body when a strange medical case occurs, leading to some whirlwind incidents.

4. Law School

• Cast: Kim Bum, Go Yoon Jung, Ryu Hye Young
  • Director: Kim Seok Yoon
  • Runtime: 65 minutes ( average per episode)
  • Release Date: April 14, 2021

If You are a fan of a series that delivers insights into a country’s judicial system, Law School is a must-watch. In this drama, the character Han Joon Hwi is portrayed by Kim Bum. He is a first-year law student and excels in his studies.

With good looks and an impressive academic background, he is considered the ace of the class. However, when a shocking discovery is made in his school, he somehow ends up getting entangled as the nephew of a suspicious professor.

5. Goddess of Fire

• Cast: Moon Geun Young, Kim Bum, Le Kwang Soo, Seo Hyun Jin
  • Director: Park Sung Soo, Jung Dae Yoon
  • Release Date: October 22, 2013

In this historical drama, Kim Bum co-starred with his ex-girlfriend Moon Geun Young. He plays the role of Kim Tae Do, who grew up with the leading female character Yoo Jung, and harbors the utmost love for her. The actor’s look in this drama is something to die for. From the long Sageuk hair to his display of martial arts skills, Kim Bum in Goddess of Fire is a treat to the eyes.

Spoiler

6. Padam Padam

• Cast: Kim Bum, Jung Woo Sung, Han Ji Min, Choi Tae Joon
  • Director: Kim Kyu Tae
  • Release Date: December 5, 2011

Padam Padam features Kim Bum as a supernatural character with endearing humanity. He was lauded significantly for endowing the character of a guardian angel named Lee Kook Soo. He serves the responsibility of watching over Yang Kang Chil (played by Jung Woo Sung), who had a troubled life so far. Kim Bum portrays extreme emotional transformation in Padam Padam, garnering praise for his versatility.

7. That Winter, the Wind Blows

• Cast: Jo In Sung, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Bum
  • Director: Kim Kyu Tae
  • Release Date: April 3, 2013

In this star-studded drama, Kim Bum returns with a second collaboration with Padam Padam’s writer and director.

He embodies the role of Park Jin Sung, the sworn brother and right-hand man of Oh Soo (played by Jo In Sung), a high-class gambler and a womanizer. The actor brilliantly portrays the duality of this character, who swiftly transitions from laughing at one mommet to turning cold-faced the next.

For all the fans of the actor, who loved him in Boys Over Flowers, these dramas will exhibit his versatile acting skills and commendable ability of synchronizing with any role. Some other notable Kim Bum TV Shows include High Kick! (2006), Dream (2009), Hidden Identity (2015), and more, where you can get a glimpse of his scorching on-screen presence.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/7-best-kim-bum-tv-shows-1296864