Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

6 Must-Know Facts to Know More about Kim Bum!

Kim Bum has been a household name in the Philippines. He is one of the OG crush K-drama fans from the early 2000s that you could easily name! The actor is best known for his role in the 2009 Korean drama, Boys Over Flowers, So Yi-jeong, as one of the F4. He may not be the series’ main lead, but for some, he is the main lead in their hearts. (lol!) 

Now, he’s more charismatic and charming than ever! Stealing hearts once again for his most recent role as Lee Rang in the highly-acclaimed Tale of the Nine-Tailed

Check the list below:

A July and Cancer Baby!

Kim Bum was born Kim Sang Bum on July 7, 1989, in Seoul, South Korea. Which means to say that his astrological sign is Cancer. He has a sister. 

Attended Chung-Ang University

Kim Bum attended the prestigious Chung-Ang University, where he majored in film and theater. Fun fact: He was once classmates with Park Shin Hye and Jung Il Woo! 

He’s done with his military enlistment

As part of South Korea’s mandatory military enlistment, Kim Bum enlisted in April 2018 and was discharged in March 2020. It was revealed through his agency, King Kong by Starship, that the actor has suffered from a genetic disease since his early 20s and has served the country as a public service worker.

As actor Kim Bum

Without a doubt, Kim Bum’s portrayal of So Yi-Jeong in Boys Over Flowers contributed to boosting him to fame. Due to his performance, the actor became well-known primarily in Asian countries like the Philippines. Years after making a comeback to the Korean drama scene in 2020, Kim Bum kept making his mark in the entertainment industry.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtEVgItSV2J/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=28227e71-01b8-4ebe-9c64-97c4c5c4be7f

Certainly, his performances in Tale of the Nine-Tailed‘s first and second seasons as Lee Rang rank among his best-received roles to date! Additionally, his performance as Ge Seung-tak in Ghost Doctor and Han Joon-hwi in Law School proves that he can be versatile when it comes to acting.

Kim Bum’s romantic life

Even though he is single at present, Kim Bum briefly dated two actresses. Kim Bum and Moon Geun-young revealed that they dated back in 2015 but broke up a few months later. Afterward, in 2018, Kim Bum briefly dated Oh Yeon-seo.

He once worked for a Filipino Ad.

Filipino fans will never forget this iconic project by Kim Bum in the country. His commercial with RC Cola marks his first visit to the Philippines! The actor worked with Filipina actress-dancer Maja Salvador on a commercial back in 2009, following his Boys Over Flowers fame. 

image-2.png?resize=408%2C472&ssl=1

Here’s a throwback to the iconic ad:

Kim Bum is returning to Manila! 

Relive your fangirl and fanboy moments as Kim Bum is set to return to Manila and Cebu for his first-ever fan meeting! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuY00eKy6YA/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c23ae358-3b51-45f6-8678-792bfdb7ebe1

ViuScreamDates and CDM Entertainment are presenting the event this September 22 at the New Frontier Theater and September 23 at the Nustar Convention Center.

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2023/09/16/6-must-known-facts-to-know-more-about-kim-bum/

*** Kim Bum's Manila FM titled "Between U and Me" will take place on September 22 at the New Frontier Theater while Cebu fans can catch him on September 23 at the Nustar Convention Center. This is a special opportunity for fans in both cities to get up close and personal with him. Tix are currently on sale and can be purchased through ticketnet.com for Manila and smtickets.com for Cebu. The prices range from P3,400 - P11,000.00. All tix include a photocard, a poster and a goodbye session. Additional tix benefits for the raffle include a group photo, signed and signed poster.   :emmm:

*** Kim Bum's comment under Lee Min Ho's latest Instagram post on September 20th made me laugh. The latter shared a few photos of him leaving for Milan with the caption - "I will be back safely". While he posed for the photos in a car, Kim Bum commented something 'I will cut your bangs'.  - hahaha - They have shown their close bond on multiple occasions but their social media interactions are always iconic. I could not stop laughing. Kim Bum made an extremely hilarious comment under this post. I love their friendship together with their friendly banter.   :Megalol:   :poledance:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxZp7tNyfqE/?img_index=1

*** 2023 Kim Bum Asia fan meeting "Between U and Me"  is brought to you by VIU Philippines:heart2beat:

Kim Bum’s Best TV Shows And Movies, In Case You Can’t Get Enough Of His Acting Skills

He's our OG oppa for a reason.

kim-bum-shows-series-1695453494.jpg

Whether it’s for his impressive acting skills, sleek style, or irresistible charm, Kim Bum has made a permanent place as one of the well-loved Korean actors of his generation. In case you got lucky and scored tickets to his fan meets this week (with two shows in Manila and Cebu!), you’re totally in for a ride—since he certainly knows how to entertain his adoring fans. After all, the actor is a known multi-hyphenate: an actor, singer, dancer, and model in one!

If you liked him in his breakout role Boys Over Flowers and have been swept off your feet in his recent series Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938, the versatile actor has so much more to offer and more! Luckily for you, we’ve compiled a list of all his best movies and series for you to binge-watch this weekend.

Kim Bum's best series:

Boys Over Flowers

Watch on VIU.

No Kim Bum list is complete without a mention of the famed Hallyu series Boys Over Flowers, which gave the actor his breakout role as So Yi Jung, one-fourth of the school-wide famed F4 with Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyung Joong and Kim Joon. Dubbed the Korean version of the Taiwanese classic Meteor Garden, Kim Bum’s character in the show is womanizer-turned-lover adored by many for his can’t-resist charm.

Tale of the Nine-tailed 1938

Watch on VIU.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 is Kim Bum’s latest project to date, a sequel to the hit 2020 drama which told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. In the show, Kim Bum plays Yi Rang, Yi Yeon’s brother with whom he had a tumultuous sibling relationship. We totally adore the stills we saw from the drama, which shows his dark aura as a leader of a gang of bandits, juxtaposed by his *soft side* when he attempts to protect an adorable puppy.

Ghost Doctor

Watch on VIU.

Spoiler

Ghost Doctor is a fantasy medical drama about two doctors who have contrasting personalities, but end up combining bodies and spirits. Sounds intriguing enough? Well, Kim Bum co-stars with another OG Korean heartthrob Rain on the show—and that’s  enough reason to give this show a try, IMO.

Law School

If you binge-watch Western shows How To Get Away With Murder and Suits, you might be hooked on Law School, a K-Drama that navigates all the eccentricities of working under the judicial system.

The series starts when a grim incident occurs at a prestigious law school, where justice through law is put to a test by a tough law professor and his ambitious students (including Kim Bum’s character.)

Goddess Of Fire

In this series, Kim Bum co-starred with his former reel-to-real-life girlfriend Moon Geun-Young, depicting the life and love of her character Yoo Jung. ICYDK, the main character is based on the real historical figure Baek Pa Sun, the lady porcelain-maker who lived a life of intense love and artistic spirit. Known as one of the lead’s anchors, Kim Bum plays the role of Kim Tae Do, who grew up with and harbored a ~*pure love*~ for her.

Kim Bum's best movies:

Detective K3: Secret Of The Living Dead

Kim Bum stars in the 3rd installment of the hit movie series, set in the 18th century where a complicated political situation exists and vampire bite marks are discovered on dead bodies. Set to put an end to the chaos, one duo reunites to solve murder cases. Kim Bum stars as Cheon-moo, a character that interferes with the investigation.

The Beloved

A woman gets engaged with her current boyfriend when suddenly she starts receiving messages from a mysterious and secretive man. With help from her brother, a policeman, she finds connections between the mysterious man, her teenage love, and an old classmate who died in a fire. Little by little, she finds out the dark truths of the man she loves and the man she loved. Kim Bum stars as one of the leading lady's love interests, a.k.a her teenage sweetheart, in the complicated love story.

Fly High

Fly High, one of Kim Bum’s first films chronicles the life of his character Si-bum, who has a dream of being an actor. One day though, he meets a girl Su-kyoung (Kim Byul) and falls in love with her at first sight. Through his help. Su-kyoung seems to get over her pain daddy issues. She gets injured, and her knight in shining armour comes to the rescue by taking uncomfortable jobs that gets him in trouble.

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/kim-bum-best-tv-shows-movies-a4988-20230923?ref=home_feed_1

8 K-Dramas With Second Seasons That Were Just As Good As The First

They lived up to the hype, according to netizens.

If a K-Drama’s first season achieves enough success, viewers will eagerly tune in for a second. Unfortunately, they don’t always live up to expectations. Here are eight dramas netizens believe were just as good as the first season—or better.

2. Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 (2023)

With a mix of new and returning characters going back in time, some have said Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 is better than the first season.

gS9WCcJjrfG0mp8XJEe2tLQWx-i0McpkJU--jhiuUyIMXaz5NF5LiwfIMPaImACMT1a6PTF4w9w_Fr-Amio8gAEYt5iPLo-gz30e4uu7_8cVzu0=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-dramas-second-seasons-good-first-netizens/

*** Kim Bum’s Between U and Me fan meeting in Manila on September 22 was quite special since it was his return to the country after a long time. He says to Filipino fans in full Filipino: “Nag-enjoy ako!” during his fan meeting in Manila! He greeted his fans in full Filipino, too : “Ako po si Kim Bum, Kamusta po Kayo? Namiss ko po kayo. Samahan ninyo akong gumawa ng di makakalimutang ala-ala today. Between U and Me, simulan na natin!”  He proudly shared that he’s hands-on with the preparation for this fan meeting. He even mentioned that even though he hadn’t danced before, he practiced for months to get ready (and his practices were all worth it!). Kim Bum mentioned that if he were to choose his most memorable role at present, he would choose Lee Rang. (his character in Tale of the Nine-tailed) - He played various games with his fans, which resulted in him dancing! Some fans even received a customized tumbler from him!  Lucky fans (who won the group game) received a special photocard from him! Kim Bum even went down the stage to get closer to his fans.   :winkx:

6.png?resize=768,768&ssl=1

5.png?resize=768,768&ssl=1

photos source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2023/09/25/kim-bum-to-filipino-fans-nag-enjoy-ako-at-his-fan-meeting-in-manila/

*** Kim Bum danced, sang and played games at his “2023 Asia Fan Meeting: Between U and Me” in Manila and Cebu. He revealed his fun side on these (2) places. In Manila, he held the fan meeting on Sept. 22 at the New Frontier Theater. Kim Bum started his fan meeting in Manila by singing “Wind Song” and “Kiss the Rain,” officials soundtracks for the drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938.” “It’s been a while since I came to Manila and thank you so much for your welcome,” he told the audience. During the “Boys Over Flowers” craze, Kim Bum visited Manila in September 2009.  During the Bum’s Update segment, he talked about what has been happening to his career. He described Filipino fans “are really passionate.” Kim Bum danced to NewJeans’ “ETA,” Jisoo’s “Flower,” and Le Serrafim’s “Eve, Psyche & the Bluebeard's wife.”  “I would never dance even in front of my mother,” he said. In the second part of the fan meeting, Kim Bum sang “Because I’m Stupid,” an original soundtrack for “Boys Over Flowers,” “When I get Old” by Christopher and Chung Ha, and “My Universe” by Coldplay and BTS. He went down to the audience area to be close to the fans. In the segment, Kim Bum played games with fans, who tried to guess his preferences. He chose spring as his favorite season, he only sets one alarm, he stayed up all night in the past month, and has fallen asleep while watching a movie.  Fans who won the game had a photo with Kim Bum on stage. A fan video was shown containing messages of love and support for Kim Bum. “I am very touched and I will remember this video for a long time,” he said. As he wrapped up his fan meeting, Kim Bum thanked the people who came. “I had fun, I really had a good time, I enjoyed seeing you and I hope that this is also a good memory for you as it was for me,” said Kim Bum. His “2023 Asia Fan Meeting: Between U and Me” in Manila and Cebu were presented by Viu.   :kisslevel:

bum22_777eb121a0.jpg

bum20_a9998a05b7.jpg

bum21_16ad09a87f.jpg

*** Kim Bum’s cover of “Boys Over Flowers” OST goes viral. He has garnered nearly 7 million views and an impressive 1.1 million likes on TikTok. He is currently holding fan meetings across various Asian countries. Currently, he has temporarily taken a break from acting to focus on his fan meetings. Listening to Kim Bum’s cover of the song makes me feel nostalgic. Remarkably, apart from shedding So Yi Jung’s signature hairstyle, it appears that his looks have remained remarkably consistent.   :hypehype:

kim-bum-1-092823.webp

video/photo source : Kbizoom

• 1 month later...

6 Successful K-Drama Actors In Their 30s, From Kim Bum To Wi HaJun (Part 2)

These K-Drama actors have gained an immensely loyal fandom, that’s for sure.

K-Drama actors continue to be the talk of town as they dominate the acting scene. The industry never tires when there’s something new to talk about where K-Drama actors are concerned. Well, while we know that these talented men are good at what they do, there are some that have been and are unarguably more successful than their peers.

1. Kim Bum

Kim-Bum-%E2%80%93-Kim-Bums-Official-Inst

Kim Bum's Official Instagram

All K-Drama fans know Kim Bum’s adorable character in “Boys Over Flowers”, and most have followed his career ever since then. While he has shown versatility in dramas like “Tail of the Nine Tailed”, “Law School” and “Ghost Doctor”, his acting never gets old because he always brings something fresh to every character he plays. Such a sign of a great actor can’t obviously be ignored, and so fans are always eager to see what drama he’s playing in next.

Check out the trailer for “Tail of the Nine Tailed 1938” here:

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-successful-kdrama-actors-in-their-30s-from-kim-bum-to-wi-hajun-part-2/

• 4 weeks later...

26 K-Dramas With The Best Ratings Of 2023

2023 is ending in a few days and looking back this year has been full of unforgettable dramas! As the year is ending, it is time to check whose dramas had been particularly liked in Korea. Let's check whose dramas had the most ratings on Korean TV this year!

Note: Weekend and daily dramas are not included.

Note: Only dramas that ended in 2023 are included, dramas ending in 2024 are not included

Best-ratings-of-2023-KDramas-made-by-Kpo

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/26-kdramas-with-the-best-ratings-of-2023/

The 11 Highest Rated K-Dramas Of 2023

There’s something for everyone to watch.

Based on over 100,000 votes from MyDramaList viewers, here are eleven of the highest-rated K-Dramas that were released in 2023.

8. Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 — 8.8

Between members of the returning cast and new faces, Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 kept viewers entertained as they traveled back in time to solve a new mystery.

UdPTw1qUerb6lHrnq6138SzVSeVID2poNO8tp6hy

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/highest-rated-k-dramas-released-2023/

Top 10 Highest-Rated K-Dramas in 2023 by Viewer Votes: ‘Moving,’ ‘Dr Romantic 3,’ More

This 2023, networks and OTT released a slew of amazing K-dramas that viewers have been raving about. From rom-coms to webtoon adaptations to thrillers and more, this year's K-dramas did not disappoint.

8.'Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938'

'Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938' Poster
(Photo : tvN Drama Official)

‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ to Produce Season 3? Here’s What We Know

Landing with the same points at 8.8 is the sequel "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938."

Headlined by the returning duo Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum, the series dates back to 1938, when they met the guardian spirit mountain, Ryu Hong Joo, played by Kim So Yeon.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/132336/20231210/top-10-highest-rated-kdramas-2023-moving-dr-romantic-3.htm

*** On December 13th, TVING announced the ‘Best 9 Contents of the Year’ and ‘Best Contents by Genre of the Year.’ These were selected based on the total VOD viewership data from December 2022 to November 2023. The ‘Best 9 Contents of the Year’ includes the drama ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938.'    :Ohboy3:

img_20231213160535_e4fcb159.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/910144

• 5 weeks later...

Weekly Top 10 Korean Actors Who Received The Most Hearts In The HEART TOP 100 As Voted By Global Fans (2nd Week Of January)

10. Shin HaeSun - 35,666 hearts

9. Kim Song - 41,948 hearts

8. Kim Beom - 53,797 hearts

7. Ji ChangWook - 223,886 hearts

6. Song Kang - 272,077 hearts

5. Kim SoEun - 463,665 hearts

4. Yoo SeungHo - 486,868 hearts

3rd Place: Lee SooHyuk - 1,403,172 hearts

2nd Place: Lee JoonGi - 1,622,347 hearts

1st Place: Lee SeYoung - 1,791,794 hearts

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/weekly-top-10-korean-actors-who-received-the-most-hearts-in-the-heart-top-100-as-voted-by-global-fans-2nd-week-of-january/

35+ Fantasy Dramas Of 2023 (K-Drama Masterlist)

20240123070947_fantasy.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

For K-drama fans still catching up on dramas from last year, Soompi has prepared masterlists of 2023 K-dramas organized by genre!

Here are K-dramas from 2023 that include fantasy elements (although many of these dramas fit into other genres as well).

Includes dramas that premiered in 2022 and ended in 2023.

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”

nine-tailed.jpeg

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo

Premiere Date: May 6

A sequel to “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” tells the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who finds himself back in 1938 and embarks on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

Watch the original “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• 4 weeks later...

Here are 10 Must-Watch Medical K-Dramas

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” has achieved international acclaim and phenomenal success, ranking at number one on non-English TV series on Netflix within just two weeks of its broadcast. Medical dramas have gained immense popularity worldwide for their blend of heart-wrenching stories, intense medical cases, and emotional rollercoasters.

If you are enjoying “Doctor Slump,” here are ten must-watch medical K-dramas to keep you hooked.

Ghost Doctor

A brilliant but arrogant surgeon’s soul takes shelter in the body of an intelligent resident with an entirely different personality after suffering an accident.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/02/enjoying-doctor-slump-here-are-10-must-watch-medical-k-dramas

• 2 weeks later...

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On February 27, 2024 Data)

Netflix-Top-10-Feb-27-02.png

1. "A Killer Paradox"

2. "Doctor Slump"

3. "Risqué Business: The Netherlands and Germany"

4. "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

5. "Captivating The King"

6. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan"

7. "Eye Love You"

8. "Korea-Khitan War"

9. "Jjajangmyeon Rhapsody"

10. "Ghost Doctor"

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 5, 2024 Data)

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-5-m

1. "A Killer Paradox" 

2. "Doctor Slump"

3. "Captivating the King" 

4. "Solo Leveling" 

5. "Avatar: The Last Airbender" 

6. "Korea-Khitan War"

7. "Ghost Doctor" 

8. "The Eminence in Shadow" 

9. "Risque Business: The Netherlands/Germany"

10. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan"