Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

*** On June 12, Kim Bum's interview with a news outlet was revealed. He expressed his gratitude for successfully ending the three years with the 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' series. "Thanks to the fans who kept loving the first season, I've got to re-live as the character I like, with people I like. I'd like to emphasize that I was happy, above all else." He occasionally shocked the fans by sharing how much he enjoys their funny posts about him. It means he's searching on the web. He said - "I don't give the slightest care about coming across bad words about me. What counts is whether or not people enjoyed the series. And by the way, I'm not only looking through Twitter. In fact, I left fox emojis here and there for your pleasure. I hope everyone enjoyed it." So, his online surfing goes beyond this. Finally, he said -  "Starting from the first season of 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed', it has been the happiest three years for me, and 600 years for 'Lee Rang'. I've never felt lonely, bored, or depressed while acting in or watching the 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' series. I hope we characters can live on in your memories for a long time. Even 'Lee Rang' who has difficulty expressing himself, would miss our times together. As the actor who played 'Lee Rang', I'd like to thank everyone I met during this journey."   :heart:

201794911_700.webp

source : SBS Star

“Tale of the Nine Tailed” series plans to produce Season 3 following the success of Season 2

Season 2 has just ended but tvN’s “Tale of the Nine Tailed” series already delivered the news of Season 3 production.

According to Sports DongA on June 13th, the production team of “Tale of the Nine Tailed” series is positively considering making Season 3.

In particular, the production team asked the actors about their willingness to participate in Season 3 and received positive responses. The actors also expressed special affection for the series.

Gaining huge popularity for its fantasy material, “Tale of the Nine Tailed” Season 1 depicted the romance of gumiho Lee Yeon (Lee Dong Wook), who lives in the city, and producer Nam ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah), who chases after him.

Season 2, which was named “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938”, follows gumiho Lee Yeon’s journey to get back to modern times after getting summoned in the chaotic era in 1938. By adding Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo to the cast, the drama captivated viewers with more interesting stories. This season achieved its highest viewership record of 8.0% in the final episode that aired on June 11th and left a deep impression on fans.

At the end of Season 2, an epilogue showing Lee Yeon traveling to the Joseon era was aired, raising expectations for Season 3.

Meanwhile, actress Jo Bo Ah, the female lead of Season 1, drew keen attention as she made a surprise appearance in the final episode of “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938”. She also surprised everyone by agreeing to join as a cameo without receiving appearance fees, showing her extraordinary love for the drama.

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/861370

*** The inconsistent performance of "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" is not so surprising when one recalls that S1 back in 2020 was not an especially strong performer. Indeed, "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" had consistently better ratings. It opened with 6.463% on its way to 8.024%. While S1 began with only 5.804% ratings, closing with 5.785% ratings. That would receive any sequel series at all was a bit remarkable in light of these numbers. But the drama had the benefit of a strong fandom.   :kaching1:

*** Actress Woo Hyun Jin revealed that she was a fan of co-star Kim Bum on June 14, when she spoke with a news source about the recently ended tvN's series, 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938' she starred in. She played 'Jang Yeo-hee', a half-human, half-mermaid who falls in love with a half-human, half-'gumiho', 'Lee Rang' (Kim Bum). Her character was a newly introduced character and was considered one of the series' standouts in the second season. She was also a newcomer. She shared her experience of working with Kim Bum. Even though they are in the same agency, she says she met him for the first time in filming the drama. "I got so nervous before the first shoot because Kim Bum is such a big star. He was a television celebrity for me.", she said. "I was thinking, 'What should I do?', the whole time. I wasn't sure if I could play the character who is constantly clingy to Kim Bum's 'Lee Rang' while being overwhelmed by his presence.", the actress explained. She noted that it was an honor to work with him, adding that she was a fan of one of his works, 'Boys Over Flowers'. "I was a big fan of the drama when I was in middle school. It was such a privilege to be working with him." She also shared that she made Kim Bum burst into laughter by asking, "Are you an actual 'gumiho'?" "I said that because he is such a younger-looking man.", she explained, "He looks exactly like he did in 'Boys Over Flowers'." "He's so gentle and understanding.", she continued, "He used to say, 'You can do whatever you want.', 'We can wait til you are ready.' It was really comforting. 'Lee Rang' and 'Jang Yeo-hee' have love that feels like young love between a boy and a girl, and I loved it. People's positive comments about the couple filled my heart with pride. I was rooting for their love as well."  :kaching3:

201796673_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Kim Bum revealed why during his Cosmopolitan Korea interview would be hard to date Lee Dong Wook in real life. Kim Bum revealed that Lee Dong Wook has so many schedules that he can’t even make time to see him—let alone make time for dating. For over many years, I noticed that Lee Dong Wook has maintained a consistent schedule of starring in at least one K-Drama a year. That’s not including all of the hosting jobs, brand deals, and advertisements he has on his plate. Lee Dong Wook has only been caught up in a handful of dating rumors over his long career. In fact, he has only had one public relationship. He was confirmed to be dating Suzy in 2018. Sadly, it ended as quickly as it began. Four months later, the pair broke up because of “busy schedules.” So, according to him this is a reason why he hasn’t been spotted with anyone else romantically.   :kisslevel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EBm40cUeFk&t=276s

• 2 weeks later...

*** Kim Bum to hold Manila and Cebu fan meetings in September 22 & 23, respectively. The events are part of his “Between U and Me” Asia tour, which will kick off in Japan in August, based on social media announcements made by his agency King Kong by Starship.   :kitty:

south-korean-actor-kim-bum-07072023.jpg

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/07/07/23/kim-bum-to-hold-manila-cebu-fan-meetings-in-september

*** Kim Bum is going around Asia for a fanmeeting tour! If you're interested in getting tickets, check out the details below  :heart3:

2023 Kim Beom "Between U And Me" Asia Fan Meeting Tour

August 25, Friday - Tokyo

September 3, Sunday - Jakarta

September 16, Saturday - Bangkok

September 22, Friday - Manila

September 23, Saturday - Cebu

October 9, Monday - Seoul

kim-beom-cosmopolitan-070723.jpg

kim-bum-fanmeeting-tour-poster-070723.jp

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/2023-kim-beom-between-u-and-me-asia-fan-meeting-tour-ticket-details/

• 2 weeks later...

*** Kim Bum's "Between U And Me" Asia Fan Meeting Tour  is happening soon. It's an event that shouldn't be missed.   :cutekitty:

August 25, Friday - Tokyo

September 3, Sunday - Jakarta

September 16, Saturday - Bangkok

September 22, Friday - Manila

September 23, Saturday - Cebu

October 9, Monday - Seoul

kim-bum-fanmeeting-tour-poster-070723.jp

• 3 weeks later...

The 10 Highest-Rated K-Dramas For The First Half Of 2023

Viewers can’t stop praising the hit dramas.

Since many Korean dramas are slated to be released for the rest of 2023, see all the ones released so far that have earned high ratings from viewers. From thriller to romance, here are the top ten K-Dramas that viewers can’t stop praising.

4. Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

The main cast of Tale of the Nine Tailed returned with a new season and new faces. Traveling back in time to 1938, Lee Yeon (played by actor Lee Dong Wook) reunites with friends and enemies.

MXeSJsVQLwTM78Xaza0QtAj-gDLjhbHCAr9mJBGVrrngnDJTKi2SkTTtdA28bixm5rXdpPc8KBfw6xgTamO-6BZBnofbuDz2eCUUoW7N69KzcOZp=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-dramas-highest-rated-first-half-2023-romance-action-mystery/

Top 9 Most Interesting K-Drama Characters Featured On Kpopmap's "Character Sketch"

Check out these incredible K-Drama characters and our analysis of them through our special editorial series "Character Sketch".

most-interesting-kdrama-characters.png

If you've been following Kpopmap for some time now, you will know about our exclusive editorial series called "Character Sketch". In this series, with articles released on a monthly basis, we shine the spotlight on Korean drama/film characters who stand out for their complexity and intriguing depth. They leave an indelible impression, sparking discussions and discourse among fans.

In this article, we're compiling a masterlist of the most fascinating K-Drama characters who have been featured in Kpopmap's "Character Sketch" series!

Note: This list is not a ranking. It includes our "Character Sketch" articles published between Nov 11, 2022, and May 31, 2023, in their order of publication. The "Character Sketch" series is still ongoing, so this article will be updated with each release.

7. Kim Beom's Lee Rang In "Tale Of The Nine Tailed 1938"

kim-beom.jpg

tvN

The Lee Rang we meet in 1938 is far from the one in 2020, but not unlike him. Lee Rang’s narrative in “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938” is defined by abandonment, which also serves as his primary, and perhaps only driving force. Lee Rang might be alive because he’s immortal, but he lives out of spite. Kim Beom is a consummate performer who deftly intertwines the contrasting facets of his role, creating a mesmerizingly translucent portrayal that is both intriguing and ethereal.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-most-interesting-kdrama-characters-featured-on-kpopmap-character-sketch/

*** I re-watched his latest drama "Tale of the Nine-tailed 1938" with Lee Dong Wook. Fun is ultimately the best way to describe this second season. Season two of Tale of the Nine Tailed has since gone on to become one of tvN's most-successful shows. Yi Rang's random but cute romance is in this S2. I could say that Tale of the Nine-Tailed has a happy ending. The baby named Mi-ho is so CUTE & turns out to be a deity of wealth and fortune. It’s good that the supporting cast, whom we loved in the first season, returned in the sequel as well,  some with new characters and some with their old ones.  :blush:

Korean Drama of the Week "Ghost Doctor"

source : Hancinema

photo1702739.jpg

Directed by Boo Seong-cheol

Written by Kim Sun-soo

Network: tvN

With Rain, Kim Beom, UEE, Son Na-eun, Sung Dong-il, Tae In-ho,...

16 episodes - Mon, Tue 22:30
Synopsis
A ghost medical drama about two doctors, who are completely opposite each other in terms of background, skills, and temperament, merging into one person.

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2022/01/03~2022/02/22

Where to Watch