Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

gentlelily12

I've been waiting for someone to start a thread for this guy so I can join in and spaz. Thank you so much! 

I became a fan after PA because I'm weak for tsundere male leads (doesn't help that Ye Hua in Eternal Love is also the same). LGX embodied YWY's complexity with precision, not many actors can convey their character emotion with facial expressions and body language. The ice lake scene left a lasting impression on me.

I'm catching up with his past work and just finished with Sword Master. I have to say that he is a natural for wuxia (?) roles because he handle fight scenes really well. The Great Wall is so-so and absolutely love him as the naughty Sun Wukong in Journey to the West! Currently struggling to finish God of War because the CGI is kinda horrible :/ 

Thanks to information posted in PA and shipper threads I found out that LGX is a special snow flake despite his drinking, smoking, gaming and lack of stamina (he lost to Ji Sukjin in the RM name tag tearing game, it's the funniest thing EVER!). I realised that I'm used to the "perfect image" demanded from Korean celebrities that his simple guy life style is kinda strange for me. I legit laughed out loud when I see him wearing the same outfit from airport to the dinner party for Detective Dee recently. 

Also, it's nice to have this thread to keep up with his rumours >. <

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, cenching said:

How about you??? :D

With the way he drives, like he is racing in a video game, I might have to pass if there's a lot of curvy roads or high cliffs on the way to my destination.    Besides, with 900 million in line, I have a better chance of winning the mega lottery.

2 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

With the way he drives, like he is racing in a video game, I might have to pass if there's a lot of curvy roads or high cliffs on the way to my destination.    Besides, with 900 million in line, I have a better chance of winning the mega lottery.

Is the yue in your screen name from YWY?

@ikigai, try For a Few Bullets...it's weird but nice...hahaha

7 minutes ago, ikigai said:

I've been waiting for someone to start a thread for this guy so I can join in and spaz. Thank you so much! 

I became a fan after PA because I'm weak for tsundere male leads (doesn't help that Ye Hua in Eternal Love is also the same). LGX embodied YWY's complexity with precision, not many actors can convey their character emotion with facial expressions and body language. The ice lake scene left a lasting impression on me.

I'm catching up with his past work and just finished with Sword Master. I have to say that he is a natural for wuxia (?) roles because he handle fight scenes really well. The Great Wall is so-so and absolutely love him as the naughty Sun Wukong in Journey to the West! Currently struggling to finish God of War because the CGI is kinda horrible :/ 

Thanks to information posted in PA and shipper threads I found out that LGX is a special snow flake despite his drinking, smoking, gaming and lack of stamina (he lost to Ji Sukjin in the RM name tag tearing game, it's the funniest thing EVER!). I realised that I'm used to the "perfect image" demanded from Korean celebrities that his simple guy life style is kinda strange for me. I legit laughed out loud when I see him wearing the same outfit from airport to the dinner party for Detective Dee recently. 

Also, it's nice to have this thread to keep up with his rumours >. <

I too join you in thanking those who took the time to set this up.  Really appreciate it.  You know it must be the bulky costumes or something but I saw him carrying a character in "For A Few Bullets", in which they wear relatively modern clothing and he had no problem doing the lifting and carrying.  He is very practical in his approach to daily activities, perhaps practical to a fault and it gets him in trouble sometimes.  Despite his faults, I still like him on and off screen.  You have to take the good with the bad sometimes.  Like PA was good but Hunan TV station is notoriously bad but we had to put up with it.

10 minutes ago, cenching said:

Is the yue in your screen name from YWY?

@ikigai, try For a Few Bullets...it's weird but nice...hahaha

Yes it's yue and me in Spanish: Yue y Yo.  I found a Mexican telenovela that piqued my interest and was inspired to learn Spanish just so I can understand it.  I am watching C dramas for inspiration to improve in Mandarin.  I couldn't get into Cdrama until the recent ones I found on Netflix and realized Cdrama have come a long way since I last followed it.  There was no such thing as kissing in ancient setting dramas like PA.  Also English sub along with Chinese subs were not as readily  available.  I think I am on my way to be a Weibo literate.  Just give me a few more dramas like PA (with a happier ending) for inspiration.  Btw, I liked A Few Bullet.  I like comedy action adventures like that and the character sort of looked like Indiana Jones.  I loved the variety in the locations too.

Not only is his acting versatile, his look is very versatile too.  His age can fall anywhere from late teens to 40 if you style his hair and dress him certain ways.   He reminds me of older generation of Chinese entertainers that looks like a manly man not man who wants to looks like young boys.  I prefer the leading lady to look prettier than the man and I have a hard time watching many Asian drama because it looks like the leading man is trying to compete with the leading lady to see who looks prettier.  

Hi I am new here. Became a fan of LGX since PA. Totally agreed with yueyyo on his versatility. Looking forward to more of his drama. Putting him alongside with Crystal Zhang Tian Ai will be damn hot. Both have that 'bad boy and bad girl' look. 

@cenching

Thank you for recommending A Few Bullets. I was planning to watch The Taking of Tiger Mountain today but I'll go for AFB if I can find the subbed movie online. Hmmm... seems like his movies always have a dash of comedy in it. I did laughed out loud watching JTtW and SM.

@yueyyo

Actually I'm not doubting his strength... but he gets tired easily hence lack of stamina imo. Looks like he's been working out in the gym recently so maybe he can hold his skinny co-stars with ease next time xD

If my uber driver looks like him I'll be red as a tomato the whole journey coz he's too good-looking haha He doesn't really look shy in the clip, probably because it's work lol I would love to watch his variety shows but no subs so...  ㅠㅠ

And I totally agree with his versatility in looks and acting. He has a manly face and looks good from any angle.  I love his side profile because his sharp nose gives him a majestic/nobility aura.

@gentlelily12

I've never seen these pictures. He looks gorgeous! White matches him so well although I can't stop laughing at his poorly designed white robes in PA that gave him a cute "tummy" lol

1 hour ago, cheeriekwan said:

Hi I am new here. Became a fan of LGX since PA. Totally agreed with yueyyo on his versatility. Looking forward to more of his drama. Putting him alongside with Crystal Zhang Tian Ai will be damn hot. Both have that 'bad boy and bad girl' look. 

Welcome @cheeriekwan, his upcoming movie is with Mark Chao, Detective Dee - The 4 Heavenly Kings for release in 2018. Still waiting to see what drama he's going to take up soon too.

26 minutes ago, ikigai said:

@cenching

Thank you for recommending A Few Bullets. I was planning to watch The Taking of Tiger Mountain today but I'll go for AFB if I can find the subbed movie online. Hmmm... seems like his movies always have a dash of comedy in it. I did laughed out loud watching JTtW and SM.

@yueyyo

Actually I'm not doubting his strength... but he gets tired easily hence lack of stamina imo. Looks like he's been working out in the gym recently so maybe he can hold his skinny co-stars with ease next time xD

If my uber driver looks like him I'll be red as a tomato the whole journey coz he's too good-looking haha He doesn't really look shy in the clip, probably because it's work lol I would love to watch his variety shows but no subs so...  ㅠㅠ

And I totally agree with his versatility in looks and acting. He has a manly face and looks good from any angle.  I love his side profile because his sharp nose gives him a majestic/nobility aura.

@gentlelily12

I've never seen these pictures. He looks gorgeous! White matches him so well although I can't stop laughing at his poorly designed white robes in PA that gave him a cute "tummy" lol

Welcome @ikigai, ok i get what you mean but certain times he displays strength too.  The gym work out wud be good.  Agree, the "tummy" probably also caused by the fabric used lol:

IMG_2440.gif 005ZUEm5gy1fhafqtgqedg309q05fx6p.gif

But he was alright with the carrying part sometimes:

IMG_2434.gif 005ZUEm5gy1fhafqpazuwg309q05fqv5.gif

credit as tagged

2 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

Hi, I also came across LGX through PA. Since I am relatively new to Cdramas of recent years, I googled who CZTA was and watched a clip of her work in go princess go and I think she might be too hot for him to handle.  He'll be red like a tomato all over and not just the ears when they have touchy feely scenes.  I read in an interview he gave where they asked him why his ears turn red in the kissing scenes in PA and his response was it's due to allergy :rolleyes:.  To believe or not to believe.  But then again, there's nothing better to cure an allergy than a steamy setting right?  Or is that a cure for a cold? I have my home remedies all mixed up but it doesn't hurt to try and I'd be interested to see :D.

10 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

Hi, I also came across LGX through PA. Since I am relatively new to Cdramas of recent years, I googled who CZTA was and watched a clip of her work in go princess go and I think she might be too hot for him to handle.  He'll be red like a tomato all over and not just the ears when they have touchy feely scenes.  I read in an interview he gave where they asked him why his ears turn red in the kissing scenes in PA and his response was it's due to allergy :rolleyes:.  To believe or not to believe.  But then again, there's nothing better to cure an allergy than a steamy setting right?  Or is that a cure for a cold? I have my home remedies all mixed up but it doesn't hurt to try and I'd be interested to see :D.

If I read correctly on Weibo, the two of of them will be attending a modelling competition event this evening.  Looking forward to their shots.

1 minute ago, yueyyo said:

@cheeriekwan, you can read Chinese?  As I understand it, he's attending an event for a fashion line for which he endorses, uno men or something.  Anyway, let's hope it goes well and we see lots of good pics.

I can read a bit of chinese but not in full. Yes it's the Men's Uno competition.  There is a link for live streaming at 7pm today on weibo but I can't figure out how to attach the picture here.

@cheeriekwan, can you copy the internet http.....address of the page that you are on that contains the link and paste it to a reply post so we can open the page that you go on to get that live link.

Like I can go to the top and copy for this page and paste link  in this post:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/406431-lin-geng-xin-lgx-林更新-official-thread/?page=2#comment-20723418

Did you try that?

@gentlelily12

The last gif was really smooth, practise makes perfect “ψ(`∇´)ψ

@cenching

I agree with you. He is indulging in three unhealthy habits which will take its toll on his body when he's older. These habits are hard to break though, especially when he hangs out with same-interest friends. Hopefully it's a habit, not an addiction. The latter is 1000x tougher to quit.

@cheeriekwan

Hi there, I'm new too. The lady you mention was great in Go Princess Go. Would be interesting to see their interaction in the event later on, hopefully they'll pose for few pictures together.

@yueyyo

His red ears in PA are adorable. He's not a rookie and he dated few women already but still a shy guy. (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

Has anyone announced this thread at PA so more LGX fans can fangirl together? I get tired checking three threads for his news. m(_ _)m

Archived