Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

gentlelily12

31 minutes ago, cenching said:

lgx1.jpg

lgx.jpg

lgx.jpg

Another side of LGX.....I can't never associate the words cute and pretty with LGX....he is in his own league.....

Totally agreed. I ll never use pretty on him too ...he is absolutely handsome, hot and sexy. Other than his eyes and nose, his jawline completes the manly side of him. :tongue:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, yueyyo said:

That little boy is thinking, "Gotta ask mom what I need to eat to grow up looking like that."  He doesn't even know about the  staying up late playing games.  The key must be in drinking a lot of fluid since we always see him holding some drink in PA BTS footage.  I think his eyes are very expressive too for some reason.  Don't know if they are because of his projection or just the way his eyes are set among the features in his face or a combination of both. For some reason the first pic reminds me of vampire movies and shows.  Maybe the scarlet hue of the clothes against a grayish black background.

I think his expressive eyes are what one would call it a blessing and as LGX's GIFT!

On 8/16/2017 at 3:14 PM, cenching said:

@The_Joker, I am agree with you regarding the water runs deep in his character.....Based upon my observation on how the way he handle a bad rumor I would like to say The 2nd Wang Scandal is a vessel to diverts the unwanted attentions from The 1st Wang Scandal....He has pulls this kind of stunts few times before....Even though The 1st Wang Scandal is a very unwise move on his part, I really applauded him in how the way he did the damage control thru The 2nd Wang Scandal....  everybody made mistakes but how they handle the mistakes shows the depth of the persons....

On the side note after staring of those pics in Men's Uno event, how the way he got such a nice skin after all of those drinking smoking gaming??? I am jealous.....

Add. One of my favorite video of LGX and HG, they talk about their first job, family, life goals and their opinions about love........Dancing song by Ricky Nelson, Lucky Star

I like this video a lot as both of them are my favs. I would like to share the similarity between these 2 actors on their view of goddess (女神). (Not that I want to dig up their scandals).

Hu Ge once shared on Weibo a photo of Maggie Jiang and refer her as goddess and it turned out that they were really dating at that time. In 2014, LGX also shared a photo of him with Wang Li Kun and thanks the 'goddess' for taking the photo with him. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

I like this video a lot as both of them are my favs. I would like to share the similarity between these 2 actors on their view of goddess (女神). (Not that I want to dig up their scandals).

Hu Ge once shared on Weibo a photo of Maggie Jiang and refer her as goddess and it turned out that they were really dating at that time. In 2014, LGX also shared a photo of him with Wang Li Kun and thanks the 'goddess' for taking the photo with him. :tongue:

I love HuGe too especially when he smile or laugh, he got this twinkle in his eyes that made my heart beats faster than usual.....that is what I call beautiful eyes....:tongue:.....

9 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Yup.  Whenever he is serious and pensive, he looks like YWY's reincarnation.  Wish he gets to do a modern drama playing a sophisticated intelligent man like a modern version of YWY.  I am already drooling at the thought :D.

Totally agree he's YWY whenever he's serious and in his deep thinking mode.  I want to see him in any drama actually provided its a good script.  Yes, playing the modern version of YWY would really be so appealing.  Drooling too....:D

4 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Here's a news clip on the Uno Men event:

Another from a different outlet:

thanks @yueyyo for these videos as they gave me a glimpse of LGX "live" after so long (so far was watching him from his drama PA lol).

@cheeriekwan, can i know why you wish to see LGX with Crystal Zhang in a drama?  This Uno-Men event is their first collab right? (I read CZ is to star in Martial Universe with YY, which you wished YY be replaced by LGX lol right?) The storyline for MU seems interesting.  

12 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

thanks @yueyyo for these videos as they gave me a glimpse of LGX "live" after so long (so far was watching him from his drama PA lol).

@cheeriekwan, can i know why you wish to see LGX with Crystal Zhang in a drama?  This Uno-Men event is their first collab right? (I read CZ is to star in Martial Universe with YY, which you wished YY be replaced by LGX lol right?) The storyline for MU seems interesting.  

@gentlelily12 Various reasons. But this can only remain in my dream for another YWY to appear soonest possible; plus working alongside with CZ, who is one of my fav chinese actress too. Both of them look super hot and gorgeous to me. YY may be too young for Crystal just like Peter Sheng in Go Princess Go. My personal view of course.

8 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

@gentlelily12 Various reasons. But this can only remain in my dream for another YWY to appear soonest possible; plus working alongside with CZ, who is one of my fav chinese actress too. Both of them look super hot and gorgeous to me. YY may be too young for Crystal just like Peter Sheng in Go Princess Go. My personal view of course.

@cheeriekwan, i guess all his fans are anxious for him to start another drama.  LGX usually does movies but i hope he'll do more dramas nowadays.  Seeing him in a drama brings attachment to his character like his YWY.  Dramas somehow give a different feel than movies.  

I have yet to watch anything with YY or PS and CZ btw.

My favorite movies of LGX so far is For a Few Bullets....in most of his movies (aside from Swordman), he was supporting roles but in FaFB he was the leading man and I love him there even though the story was all over the places....I haven't watch Taking of Tiger Mountain yet....can somebody give me link, please?

18 minutes ago, cenching said:

My favorite movies of LGX so far is For a Few Bullets....in most of his movies (aside from Swordman), he was supporting roles but in FaFB he was the leading man and I love him there even though the story was all over the places....I haven't watch Taking of Tiger Mountain yet....can somebody give me link, please?

Cantonese version.

Mandarin version.

On 8/16/2017 at 1:22 PM, matchamacchiato said:

1. I also hope he will reprise the role if they'll ever make a sequel. Besides he was praised for pulling off "mo lei tau" (nonsensical) comedy. (more info about it here.) Although it's just an online review about top 5 actors who play Wukong in movies, I feel so proud since his name is included in the list with much bigger names, especially there's a saying that "half of the Chinese cinema is related to Journey to the West", I'm sure there are so many actors portraying this famous character.

2. Actually, what I like most about Sword Master is that it gives off a dreamy, unrealistic ambience of a Gu Long's novel, featuring at the scene when he was on the boat with the courtesan. I also love the last sword fight. It's so beautiful.

3. His character died an unnecessary death when they got to the palace. I think what worths most he gained by starring in this movie is that he got a chance to work with a professional film crew of famous actors and Director Zhang Yi Mou.  

Sun Wukong is an iconic character in Chinese culture so it's not easy for actors to make it their own. Being recognized for his portrayal of the Monkey King certainly proves his versatility in various roles. 

So Commander Chen died in one of those hot balloon. It is a blink-and-you-miss-it moment. I was baffled because he disappeared just like Chu Qian's sisters 彡(-_-;)彡

On 8/16/2017 at 2:33 PM, missann said:

I am not sure if anybody seen this? I was impressed with his great acting and able to show real emotions within minutes without any script or lines that really surpass all expectation. I could see even the senior actors are impressed. 

During the show, LGX is given a test to act out the emotions of a person whose lover passed away in the hospital.  

My oh my oh my, thank you so much for sharing this video. I won't be able to find it on my own. He is definitely an actor who can emote well and this is one of his strength. This is why the ice lake scene is so powerful because so much are being said with his eyes when CQ came to the rescue. I think I'll cry buckets when he takes on a tragic role if he can stir emotions from viewers with his expressions. 

Here is the full clip of our handsome security agent in motion, guesting on Running Man. It's so adorable when the cast calls him Xiao Xin (♡´艸`)

Can't wait for new pictures of him for tomorrow events. His reaction to fans teasing during Men's Uno is adorable.

@ikigai, same thing happened to me with commander Chan.  I went to get something and came back and had no idea where he disappeared to.  I reviewed the DVD but still couldn't find the part where he died.  @cenching, that's my favorite movie by him too for the simple reason that I like the comedy action genre more since it's never depressing and he did it like a pro.  He looked like a better looking version of Jackie Chan in that one since JC does a lot of action comedies.

When I tested posting pictures, just the link shows not the picture. Do I use insert other media and post the picture there or do I just copy the link of the uploaded image and paste it in the post?  I tried both one showed up as link and the insert other media did not even show anything.  

Archived