[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

I don’t know how I am going to manage to get through the day just pining for Ep 14 hahaha! 

What I hope to see when Ep 14 opens is that Se Hee introduces Ji Ho as his wife to Jung Min. 

Even though I didn’t understand much, it looks like JH and JM are charmed by each other. I like the dynamic and possible friendship. However, if JM did end up orchestrating her meeting JH at the cafe, then that’d cast a bit of a shadow on their friendship, I feel. 

Also, Room Nineteen—the story, does not end well. :( I understand what it symbolizes but from what I learned of the summaries is that is does not end well. I am sure it won’t get to that but Like I said in an old comment, I love how the writer is weaving i these little details about women’s roles and identities into the drama. 

Still, I love this show so much and the way it’s progressing. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I have the belief that the writernim won't dissapoint. What if JM's presence won't be that complicated? I mean, like in the Bok Nam case. He used to be the 'one whom we suspicious of', but then he be turned 'innocence' . And the preview still shows the 'bright' things. I don't believe if the drama will give us the very sad story since from the beginning it has been showing funny things. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Also, Room Nineteen—the story, does not end well. :( I understand what it symbolizes but from what I learned of the summaries is that is does not end well. I am sure it won’t get to that but Like I said in an old comment, I love how the writer is weaving i these little details about women’s roles and identities into the drama. 

Still, I love this show so much and the way it’s progressing. 

I think it's supposed to symbolize SH JM story not JH and SH.

• Like 11

The only problem I have with this episode is that it's it not enough. Without rushing they succeed in giving us many new things but I need more and fast. Last week, after the kiss episode 11 and SH stoping the door for closing episode 12, I was okay. I wanted the next one fast but I could wait. Today it's really hard, even more with the preview.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, prettynerd15 said:

It's just so sad to see you know. i was once that girl. high school love does things to you. after a few years i had to wake myself up. i didn't like how i felt. it took me years to get over it but am completely awesome now and can read men to the T. i have girlfriends who are still in that loop. despite all my advise i know change won't come till they want it. i know the situation in this drama is sympathetic because he's not shown to be cheating but in real life most men acting like him are cheating and have women everywhere even if they claim not to be financially stable as he is, they mess around. all i know is that when a man really wants something there's no beating around the bush even if he's not stable in life. I still wish women will be stronger. all this dedication and men always free around doing whatever they like. it's just so sad

Not all guys are the same like how not all girls are the same. I've seen innumerous loyal men in my life irrespective of how their relation is with their partner and I believe bad relation with partner is just a lame excuse for cheaters, they tend to search for excuses after the worst deed is done and are found guilty. I think the way a person's life gets shaped depends largely on the partner and if your partner is strong enough we can easily chose to be the meeker one in the relationship and vice-versa. 

By your words, it seems like you experienced a bad phase of life and all I can say is the dialogue from today's episode "Everything, including the pain is just a memory now." Time has the healing power, the moments which seemed unbearable once now seem like vague memories.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, meiil said:

I think it supposes to symbolize SH JM story not JH and SH.

Totally ! 

We really know a different SH.

The SH from the past was maybe selfish thinking he could marry JM and take care of her. This is why SG told his advice : maybe you will be happy but not JM.

And now we have SH who knows the importance of JH’s freedom. He always tried to have a balanced relationship. Giving money, trying to not be jealous and understanding. 

His relationship with JM and this traumatic experience made him a better partner.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, chubbyzmae said:

I am curious why in preview JH smile but she seems sad? And the shirt she wear same like she look the bookstore with blank view

maybe it's right after JH learns that JM is the ex? Was the scene where JH evaded SH's attempt to hold her hand shown already? I'm guessing it will happen on the way home from that church? how poignant that the church is a symbol for marriage and unions as well and ji ho is standing there as if waiting for SH to come?

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

I'm all for HR and WS breaking up cos she will grow increasingly disillusioned with him anyway. And with her talking to guys on the dating app, it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

BUT to run to another guy just after yr breakup, it's just.....

HR...her love life is so goal driven. When is she going to learn that loving someone is not getting what you want? 

Exactly... she is so dependent of her love life. I think, she needs to  find herself and love herself more. After that she will be able to have a purpose in her life. From my point of view, she lacks of self-esteem. She wants to get married because that way, she thinks that she is loved, then that she is like the others. Besides, I believe that she has been influenced by her mother. Dating a new guy right after a break up is not good at all. It underlines her lack of self-esteem. The more pressure she put on SW and the latter complied to her requests, the more she felt "loved".

@xxPeepsxx The conversation between HR and SW reveals that HR had been looking elsewhere. Her last words reveal that she is more afraid of being alone than anything else. That's why she took another man. She can not live alone because she needs someone next to her who can make her feel loved. She is not able to love herself. I don't blame SW for his words. He is right. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Oh and another thing, does anyone have a translation of what SH wrote on his spreadsheet about JH?

I think I translated this along with the preview for ep 13. should be somewhere in this thread :)

25 minutes ago, Jillia said:

But tell me if it's clear in episode - at least to the viewer - Jung-min meant Se-hee. :)

It is made pretty clear to the viewer that it's with whoever JM dated in school.

Her exact words:

JM: I did it once before, something like marriage. I lived with someone when I was in school.

JH: Cohabitation? Wow.. you're so cool

JM: Well it wasn't a cool way of cohabitation. it;s because we got a baby as we were dating. (or It's because I became pregnant as we were dating.) So we/he said "let's get married"... and we lived together. Are you curious about what happened next?

JH: Yes, if I were to be honest.

JM: Because the child thing didn't turn out well.. so we broke up. His family opposed us/the marriage/me too. Ah... is it because Ms. Writer is such a transparent person that's why I became so transparent too.. And that's why I shouldn't drink with people like you..

JH: I think I've needlessly asked you a question that inconvenienced you..

JM: I like it. It's a special privilege that comes with age. Because pain too.. are memories now.

JH voiceover: No matter what.. I don't think it was possible that I knew then..

JM: Shall we have a drink?

JH: Yes

JH voiceover: that this person is his Room Nineteen... and...

SH gave JH like 6 missed calls

JH voiceover: and how could I possibly know that one day.. you'd have to face your own room head on...

--

the thing about Korean is.. sometimes people don't use nouns in sentences, and it's open to interpretation depending on context. and If you need confirmation, you would usually ask the other person.. like, so you mean he asked you to marry him? or yall decided together to get married? so yeah it;s really hard to know for sure. I wanna have a conversation with JM lol.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 5

Omo omo...somebody posted a text preview of EP 14 and SH is going to find out about how JH almost got raped on the night he found her wandering back to her place. Yes! So happy they are going to resolve that arc too! 

Ok...I am now 100% confident writer will give me my fav kdrama of 2017. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, chubbyzmae said:

I am curious why in preview JH smile but she seems sad? And the shirt she wear same like she look the bookstore with blank view

My theory is JH learn that SH and JM lost a child, how they had a broken heart and how in laws did to their life’s. 

I think it’s either her empathy or she realizes how much SH had to overcome. 

This is why their relationship is meaningful 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Omo omo...somebody posted a text preview of EP 14 and SH is going to find out about how JH almost got raped on the night he found her wandering back to her place. Yes! So happy they are going to resolve that arc too! 

well well well. that pd is going to get more than just a motorbike crushed. maybe this time SH will really plant a fist on his face. 

lol everything narrated from JH's side is so sad and placid and sad. i miss SH's side. the comic timing please!

• Like 5

@rembrandtz_5e20 did you see the translation ? 

I post the written preview for tomorrow : 

정민(이청아)과 마주친 세희(이민기), 그리고 그 둘을 목격한 지호(정소민)
두 사람은 각자의 비밀을 안은 채 고민스러운 밤을 보내고,
다음날 정민과 만난 지호는 불쑥 자신의 '남편' 이야기를 꺼내는데...

수지(이솜)는 박대리를 불러내 그간의 성희롱에 대한 공식 사과를 요구한다.
홀가분해진 수지, 진심 어린 조언을 해준 상구(박병은)에게 달려가 와락 안기는데!
과연 수지는 박대리에게 사과를 받을 수 있을까?

깊은 고민에 빠진 세희. 그러다 문득 자신이 어느새 
옛사랑 정민보다 지호만을 걱정하고 있단 사실을 깨닫게 된다.
지호를 찾아온 조감독과 마주치고, 
지호가 조감독에게 당한 일을 알게 된 세희는 그 순간 눈빛이 변하는데.. !

REVENGE !!!! OR justice.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

My theory is JH learn that SH and JM lost a child, how they had a broken heart and how in laws did to their life’s. 

I think it’s either her empathy or she realizes how much SH had to overcome. 

This is why their relationship is meaningful 

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Wow, this writer always manages to surprise me. I never considered pregnancy for why SH and JM lived together and were going to get married (They didn't get  married though, right? It sounds like the miscarriage happened first?) but it makes so much sense for why SH only wanted responsibility over his house and cat for so many years. 

I like that per the preview, it looks like SH is all in. I wonder though if he'll confess and JH will be happy but need a little time? She's wise and understanding but she's getting hit with a lot at once, and I would probably need a little time if I were her. That would keep it a little angsty but not so much that it couldn't be resolved quickly and let us have light, funny moments too. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, kimnabong said:

maybe it's right after JH learns that JM is the ex? Was the scene where JH evaded SH's attempt to hold her hand shown already? I'm guessing it will happen on the way home from that church? how poignant that the church is a symbol for marriage and unions as well and ji ho is standing there as if waiting for SH to come?

I rewatch for the preview in ending of ep 12. Yes you right, it's same clothes when JH try to avoid SH' hand. But SH clothes different with this ending episode. So i think the scene is not when they coming back from church.

@cherryblossomkawai....i hope so....but still weird if this emphaty and then why she smile? Hikss

Oh i thought i am thinking too much. I must patiently for tomorrow and not assume based my view..hahahahaha

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Omo omo...somebody posted a text preview of EP 14 and SH is going to find out about how JH almost got raped on the night he found her wandering back to her place. Yes! So happy they are going to resolve that are too! 

Ohhh do you have the text preview?

yea this writer isn't afraid to explore hard topics and concepts that aren't frankly explored too much in kdrama land. i think I'm ok with how everything is going, I'm confident that SH is going to choose JH and his happiness. It'll add more depth and gravity to his decision knowing his history, I think he's grown as a person and is able to be a better partner because of his past. I want his ex to find happiness too.  It seems like life has given her a lot of hardships as well. I wonder how JH will handle all this? If her parents found out, I don't think they'd be too happy. Koreans are ultra conservative like that. 

• Like 8