[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

9 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Oh my god @polarbear99!!!!!!!! For the Emperor!!!! Oh my goooooood. 

Folks. If you cherish your sanity, do not search for that. Unless it’s late at night and you’re alone. Hahahahahahhahahhahah

Since I am practically bedridden with the flu, I have been watching Ordinary Couple. And YouTube stuff. Can’t believe CEO Ma was his rival in Ordinary Couple heheheh. 

I believe They kinda did Vaccum kiss at the beginning of Ep 12. Oh wow... it’s kinda Meta since it’s LMK’s character teaching the Lady to kiss and not the other way around like in Spellbound. (Speaking of which, I wouldn’t mind a little shirt ripping when Ji Ho’s Pandora’s box explodes.)

But back to JSM and LMK. Somebody stop me from shipping them. They are too adorable!!!

On shipping, it's so hard not to ship them when they look so cute together right? But then JSM hasn't been known to be involved in any public relationship with a co-worker or any actor for that matter. I have a feeling she's the kind that doesn't date people in the industry. And somehow LMK seems too 'avant garde' for her IRL .

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

I've noticed that JH is hesitant to grab or touch SH unless he initiates the contact first. She wasn't always like this, but became shy after some of his 'rebukes'. I would like to see in the future her touching him without hesitation.  I would also like her to kick some of his logic aside; example when they were on the bus and she wanted to sit with him. I'm sure the other person would have exchanged seats so they could sit together. I think she just needs to keep kicking him out of his comfort zone of the pas t12 years....:lol:

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I find it unbelievable that LMK was caught up in sex scandal..given how in control of himself is he..all the time

Sorry to cut your post, but this stood out to me. I even created an account just to ask a question. 

I don't mean to be rude or anything. I also don't know if it's okay to talk about this issue here. I'm a huuuuuuuuuge fan of this series. However, may I ask what happened with LMK's case? It's because whenever I look it up, there are only a few details about that case. It concerns me because I'm a fan, I want to to know that I'm supporting someone who has integrity. In light of all the issues being revealed in Hollywood, I just want to make sure that I'm okay supporting him or being a fan of his work. I really love them.

I've seen most of his work except for the dramas. I've seen almost all his films. I started watching his work when I became a fan of Kim Go Eun, then I watched her films including Monster. Then I became a fan of LMK because of Monster then started watching his other works, including Spellbound, Very Ordinary Couple, Hauendae, and Quick. Now, I'm loving BTIMFL. I also thought that maybe it was better for him to have done this drama instead of doing Tomorrow With You in the past. I think he suits this Se Hee character better. :) When I read the news about the case vs. him I was really shocked. Anybody know details about this? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Oh my god @polarbear99!!!!!!!! For the Emperor!!!! Oh my goooooood. 

Folks. If you cherish your sanity, do not search for that. Unless it’s late at night and you’re alone. Hahahahahahhahahhahah

Since I am practically bedridden with the flu, I have been watching Ordinary Couple. And YouTube stuff. Can’t believe CEO Ma was his rival in Ordinary Couple heheheh. 

I believe They kinda did Vaccum kiss at the beginning of Ep 12. Oh wow... it’s kinda Meta since it’s LMK’s character teaching the Lady to kiss and not the other way around like in Spellbound. (Speaking of which, I wouldn’t mind a little shirt ripping when Ji Ho’s Pandora’s box explodes.)

But back to JSM and LMK. Somebody stop me from shipping them. They are too adorable!!!

Omg I just looked up for the emperor and I'm SHOOK. Didn't know SH (oops I mean LMK) can that be that hot.... Wow. I always thought he really looked like a weirdo to me as SH and I never understood it when all the Korean comments say LMK is rly handsome.. I would always go like "???" Internally.. But I guess when you've seen LMK all hot and sexy in for the emperor u can't rly unsee the image :lol:

Watched spellbound the other day but I didn't really like it.. What are LMK's best works? Need to do more research while waiting for Monday to come haha. Is Ordinary Couple any good? 

I'm more familiar with JSM though. Loved her as the doctor from Busan in D-day. She does all these Korean dialects really well (Busan in D-day and Namhae in BTIMFL)

• Like 11

1 minute ago, lollyminx said:

Sorry to cut your post, but this stood out to me. I even created an account just to ask a question. 

I don't mean to be rude or anything. I also don't know if it's okay to talk about this issue here. I'm a huuuuuuuuuge fan of this series. However, may I ask what happened with LMK's case? It's because whenever I look it up, there are only a few details about that case. It concerns me because I'm a fan, I want to to know that I'm supporting someone who has integrity. In light of all the issues being revealed in Hollywood, I just want to make sure that I'm okay supporting him or being a fan of his work. I really love them.

I've seen most of his work except for the dramas. I've seen almost all his films. I started watching his work when I became a fan of Kim Go Eun, then I watched her films including Monster. Then I became a fan of LMK because of Monster then started watching his other works, including Spellbound, Very Ordinary Couple, Hauendae, and Quick. Now, I'm loving BTIMFL. I also thought that maybe it was better for him to have done this drama instead of doing Tomorrow With You in the past. I think he suits this Se Hee character better. :) When I read the news about the case vs. him I was really shocked. Anybody know details about this? 

i don't and like every otheer case.. there are no facts to form an opinion (e.g. yoochan.. i never liked him anyways.. and i don't.. but should i go all out and label him for what he did or did not do.. because once i label him in my mind.. i would no more "not like" him but rather hate him)...

so, don't know.. and the Prodcers decided to make LMK leave tomorrow with you once scandal news broke.. 

Personally, while the guy who played lead role in tomorrow with you is a decent actor.. but i personally ain't much charmed by his acting.. neither this show nor signal... his jumpy character worked in signal because he was maknae.. but TWY.. i didn't even feel the chemistry..

LMK would have handled the role very differently and i am sure... the nuances would be as exciting.. plus SMH will look good with LMK.. body time fits..

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, teep523 said:

Watched spellbound the other day but I didn't really like it.. What are LMK's best works? Need to do more research while waiting for Monday to come haha. Is Ordinary Couple any good? 

I think Very Ordinary Couple. I liked him there. His acting seems realistic to me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i don't and like every otheer case.. there are no facts to form an opinion (e.g. yoochan.. i never liked him anyways.. and i don't.. but should i go all out and label him for what he did or did not do.. because once i label him in my mind.. i would no more "not like" him but rather hate him)...

so, don't know.. and the Prodcers decided to make LMK leave tomorrow with you once scandal news broke.. 

Personally, while the guy who played lead role in tomorrow with you is a decent actor.. but i personally ain't much charmed by his acting.. neither this show nor signal... his jumpy character worked in signal because he was maknae.. but TWY.. i didn't even feel the chemistry..

LMK would have handled the role very differently and i am sure... the nuances would be as exciting.. plus SMH will look good with LMK.. body time fits..

I agree with you about being careful in labeling people. I love that it was addressed in the show too, when Sehee was careful in accusing Boknam. 

I wonder though how he would have treated the character in TWY had he continued with the project. I think the show would be more interesting. And same! I also think the guy who played the main character in TWY is a decent actor but his character did not pull me in. I quit watching that show even.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Hey, sorry to butt in like this, but I just wanted to offer my 2 cents if that's ok! 
From what I've read online, it appears that eventually the case was dismissed. Some sources state that the alleged victim retracted her statement on the basis that she was mistaken, and others say that there was insufficient evidence to prove her account of the events were true. Basically, innocent until proven guilty. 
I totally understand your hesitation! I feel exactly the same way -- celebrities are, at the end of the day, caricatures. We have no idea how they are in real life. On the one hand, he may truly have been wrongly accused, perhaps targeted due to the fact he is a public figure. Perhaps the situation was a little more nuanced than what he was accused of. But at the same time I would never want to dismiss someone's experience of sexual abuse, which is an increasing epidemic. Lee Min Ki is after all at an advantage over a civilian - he likely has the financial power and the authority of a celebrity to blackmail people to keep their mouths shut, or sweep the true nature of the incident under the bed. 
Although this conclusion is unsatisfactory, I am giving the judicial system the benefit of the doubt. I would rather err on the side of caution rather than wrongly accuse someone, mentally at least, of what is a very serious crime. Hope this answers a bit of your question! 

Edited by fergusthedestroyer_stv
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, fergusthedestroyer_stv said:

Hey, sorry to butt in like this, but I just wanted to offer my 2 cents if that's ok! 
From what I've read online, it appears that eventually the case was dismissed. Some sources state that the alleged victim retracted her statement on the basis that she was mistaken, and others say that there was insufficient evidence to prove her account of the events were true. Basically, innocent until proven guilty. 
I totally understand your hesitation! I feel exactly the same way -- celebrities are, at the end of the day, caricatures. We have no idea how they are in real life. On the one hand, he may truly have been wrongly accused, perhaps targeted due to the fact he is a public figure. Perhaps the situation was a little more nuanced than what he was accused of. But at the same time I would never want to dismiss someone's experience of sexual abuse, which is an increasing epidemic. Lee Min Ki is after all at an advantage over a civilian - he likely has the financial power and the authority of a celebrity to blackmail people to keep their mouths shut, or sweep the true nature of the incident under the bed. 
Although this conclusion is unsatisfactory, I am giving the judicial system the benefit of the doubt. I would rather err on the side of caution rather than wrongly accuse someone, mentally at least, of what is a very serious crime. Hope this answers a bit of your question! 

Thank you for your insight, and for sharing what you know about the issue! :) I agree with everything you said, and also would rather err on the side of caution. In fact, I love how BTIMFL handled this issue. It tackled sexual harassment (JH and her co-writer), and also being careful about accusing someone without evidence (SH handling the stalking complaints about BN). SH did not jump the gun but rather acted with caution. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I was actually also shocked back then when I knew that LMK had a "sexual harassment scandal" to be specific. Whenever I see him being so affectionate or giving Jung So Min so much skinship, I tend to squeal inside and find them cute but then there's always this thought in the back of my head that reminds me about the scandal. Is he just too comfortable with SM or he has other intention? I'm an avid fan of SM, so it bothers me sometimes whenever I think about it. But we don't know LMK personally so we can't judge him based on one issue, that's why I'm still weirdly shipping them tho. :tongue:

All I know about the scandal is he was partying at a bar while he was still on his military days, until this girl accused him that she was sexually harassed by LMK at the bar. Later on, it was proven that LMK is not guilty. This incident happened way back early 2016, but the issue came out when he already finished his military training and is casted on "Tomorrow with You", his comeback and reunion with Shin Min Ah. But because of the scandal, the PDs had to drop him because it'll affect their show and replaced him with another actor. He went on hiatus too, that's why it took him a year before he decided to come out on public again. 

Edit: Searched for articles
https://www.soompi.com/2016/07/13/lee-min-ki-acquitted-sexual-assault-charges/
https://www.soompi.com/2016/07/19/lee-min-ki-casting-offer-falls-sexual-assault-controversy/

Hmm.. based on Asian wiki, "Actor Lee Min-Ki decline offered to play the lead male role (became involved in a media scandal around that time). " 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I've noticed that JH is hesitant to grab or touch SH unless he initiates the contact first. She wasn't always like this, but became shy after some of his 'rebukes'. I would like to see in the future her touching him without hesitation.  I would also like her to kick some of his logic aside; example when they were on the bus and she wanted to sit with him. I'm sure the other person would have exchanged seats so they could sit together. I think she just needs to keep kicking him out of his comfort zone of the pas t12 years....:lol:

Yes!! and it was kinda sad/fascinating that them touching the cat tgt was highlighted as an important moment with zooms on their hands close tgt and all. Looking forward to both of them being more uninhibited with skinship!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, niniwu97 said:

I watched LMK’s ‘For the emperor’ let me just put on my pervert hat cos DAMN LMK. D A M N! 

I saw that scene too and  omg  I'm still blushing....

original.gif?resize=275,212

JH is gonna be one lucky wife in the future.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

That was the weirdest case of Celebrity Sexual Assault I have ever seen.

Apparently the dude went clubbing in Busan, a poor lady there got raped the same night and told the police officers that he was the assaulter. But! Immediately after, she said she was mistaken and retracted her accusation.

And I was like: "Aaaaahhhhh.........??????"

You know, the Korean Enforcement can be a bit... biased... when it comes to assault and women. And usually you can tell when something really happened even though the "victim dropped the case and the accused is innocent due to 'insufficient evidence'". That's just Korean for "he assulted her but induced her to drop charges".

But this case, I really caught no ball. There was no "insufficient evidence" in this case. My mouth just hung. And I'm like, "so, mistaken identity?" "or she didn't get raped?" "She forgot?" "He's lying?" "But he didn't say anything though?" "But there's no details other than that." (If there were, you can be 80% sure the lady was raped by the guy accused.) "No he said she said."

It just closed so fast with no details and no follow up drama afterwards. So I just thought of it as an unfortunate 'Incident', the end. There's nothing there to indicate he assaulted anyone. And I really hope that lady just got super drunk and mistakenly assumed she got raped because I'd rather that kind of terrible thing not fall upon her.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

15 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

That was the weirdest case of Celebrity Sexual Assault I have ever seen.

Apparently the dude went clubbing in Busan, a poor lady there got raped the same night and told the police officers that he was the assaulter. But! Immediately after, she said she was mistaken and retracted her accusation.

And I was like: "Aaaaahhhhh.........??????"

You know, the Korean Enforcement can be a bit... biased... when it comes to assault and women. And usually you can tell when something really happened even though the "victim dropped the case and the accused is innocent due to 'insufficient evidence'". That's just Korean for "he assulted her but induced her to drop charges".

But this case, I really caught no ball. There was no "insufficient evidence" in this case. My mouth just hung. And I'm like, "so, mistaken identity?" "or she didn't get raped?" "She forgot?" "He's lying?" "But he didn't say anything though?" "But there's no details other than that." (If there were, you can be 80% sure the lady was raped by the guy accused.) "No he said she said."

It just closed so fast with no details and no follow up drama afterwards. So I just thought of it as an unfortunate 'Incident', the end. There's nothing there to indicate he assaulted anyone. And I really hope that lady just got super drunk and mistakenly assumed she got raped because I'd rather that kind of terrible thing not fall upon her.

Thank you for this and @shedp too. You both shared information about it. 

I know right? It's so weird, and I just can't seem to shake it off that's why I'm looking for answers. Also, I found his responses during the interview or press con of BTIMFL weird. I'm not Korean so I'm not sure if the English translation I read is correct. He said something about "actions having consequences" and that he will try to act "more prudent" in the future. That is such a vague response so I'm confused. I was like, "What does that even mean?"

These concerns aside, you are all right. Thank you for affirming what I feel that we should always err in the side of caution and not to be too judgmental. It is better to be safe than believe in something that has not been proven. <3

Does anyone know if the series is extended to 20 episodes? Because we need moooooore BTIMFL!!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

He said something about "actions having consequences" and that he will try to act "more prudent" in the future. That is such a vague response so I'm confused. I was like, "What does that even mean?"

Well, facing sexual assault charges must be traumatic for anyone, whether one's guilty or innocent. That doesn't mean anything to me other than he's gonna be very careful with his actions and words from now on till the end of his life. Kinda like SeHee.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking about the three couples in the series. I have a feeling one of them will have a happy ending, the second one will have an ambiguous ending, the third one won't end up together. I'm just not sure which is which. Since the writer referenced "500 Days of Summer" and is mostly realistic in the writing, I just have a feeling not all of them will make it.

I'm thinking SG and SJ will have a happy ending. 

SH and JH will have an ambiguous ending. 

WS and HR will have the sad ending but end up dating other people. WS and BM perhaps. 

However, the writer may still do a surprising turn. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

This is my hope for a romantic scene-

as in Episode 9, when JH is at her reunion, and she is asked about newlywed life-

She explains-

He comes in the door calling for her

She responds

SH throws his briefcase on the sofa

SH lifts JH up, and carries her into the bedroom!!! JH likes it!

BUT-

The scene is all about the CAT, not JH!

It would be so great if this scene could be repeated, with JH in the leading role, then I can die happy, oh well, just my wish!  I know, I am insane! :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

Many people said Jung So Min look a like Yoon Eun Hye ( I love both of them). Interesting i found this video where Lee Min Ki and Yoon Eun Hye in XMan and LMK look so shy..He's admires YEH so much. Maybe it's a fate now he's working together with JSM :wub:.. I really ship our OTP from reel to real :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 3