[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, meiil said:

That bit on the preview has me very curious, it seems to be  happening once they return home coz she still has her backpack on but I can't really figure out if it's a good reaction or a bad one.. :/

Monday needs to come soon ugh.

We saw SH in the bus alone so that mean he get there alone. I think JH join him after (like they did for his family but reverse).

We know that she found out before the kiss because she got the book at that moment.

I don't know where is that beach but I believe it's close to her hometown and not in seoul unless it would be her seeing it, running to the beach and SH going after her realising that she will go to her place that look like the home where she grow up (or her mom telling him that when she is sad she go to see the ocean).

I believe it's before it happen personally. She found the book, imagine thing about it (she may found the book before he left for her hometown and think about it all along) and then go to the beach where SH found her.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, yusefull said:

We saw SH in the bus alone so that mean he get there alone. I think JH join him after (like they did for his family but reverse).

We know that she found out before the kiss because she got the book at that moment.

I don't know where is that beach but I believe it's close to her hometown and not in seoul unless it would be her seeing it, running to the beach and SH going after her realising that she will go to her place that look like the home where she grow up (or her mom telling him that when she is sad she go to see the ocean).

I believe it's before it happen personally. She found the book, imagine thing about it (she may found the book before he left for her hometown and think about it all along) and then go to the beach where SH found her.

Could be  she's wearing the beach outfit which is the one she has during the whole day ( including morning when SH leaves) BUT in that frame we see she's in her room ( u can see the poster) with the backpack on hence she got back from her hometown.

v9xYhhQ.png

u can also see what is likely SH and NH coming back home bc they both have their NamHae outfits and backpacks.

gFn2lGs.png

Imo her 'touching chest' scene will happen after they get back. I just hope that's a good reaction maybe bc of the kiss and not another heartbroken moment bc he rejected her or whatever bs he decides to pull out. 

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, meiil said:

Imo her 'touching chest' scene will happen after they get back. I just hope that's a good reaction maybe bc of the kiss and not another heartbroken moment bc he rejected her or whatever bs he decides to pull out. 

I think it happens after they get back too. It's hard to tell what her expression means. I'd say overwhelmed emotionally, but it could be in a good way or bad way or in a "I don't know if this feeling is good or bad" way heh. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, allythefangirl said:

It seemed like her MIL was happy for having her only to have her work for the memorial. I'm not sure if this is normal for Korean families (please enlighten me if it is).

Yes, it is . Not just SK but in many Asian cultures as well including mine.edit: though times are changing.   As nice as my mum in law is , I also practise good Daughter in law syndrome especially in family events  like this for the sake of marital harmony :lol:

@lavender2love Am a gal! Lol! Just that the  English Premier League has an immense following in my country for both genders. My support for Arsenal is by default - my husband has trained & indoctrinated me for 10 years :lol:

@maryofbethany Lol, think you posted the link on the wrong thread - that’s for WC right?

Edited by Guest

Love love love this drama, so wonderfully scripted, so wonderfully acted by the mains. And such a breath of fresh air. 

Just sharing some thoughts. 

1. Allow me to be a little superficial. Showed my love last night what a change of hairstyle can do to a guy’s looks. I never thought of LMK as handsome. He is older now (since SUFBB) and since the beginning of the drama, LMK looks odd and quirky to me. But the character he plays, Se Hee, grows on him and on me. And now there’s an acceptance of his looks. That change of hairstyle is a bit of a surprise though. If he is slightly on the spectrum aka high functioning autistic and doesn’t yield to change easily, the hairstyle change is most unrealistic. It’s something very personal (from center parting to full bangs...) to a man and takes years to change...

Not that I’m complaining...I like the new look. Kudos to the writer and PD, I’m seeing Se Hee like how Ji-ho is seeing him, including watching him drink water with Adam’s apple bobbing..hahahahahahahahaha :wub:

2. There were a few mentions of the wish of Bo-mi & Bok Nam loveline and that possibly Bo-Mi is something more than what she portrays, perhaps a Won-Seok rival in the cyber world. But could I say I’m hoping for a loveline between Bo-Mi and Won-Seok? Sometimes, a cohabiting couple of 7 years, may need to move on when their life goals are so different. That’s life. 

3. Which brings me to this. Actually...I’m not liking the Ho-Rang character. I know there were flashbacks of her being bullied, her loyalty to friends and Won Seok and that her life goals are to be a good wife and homemaker. But her manipulative ways and the showy moments with her colleagues often grate on me. And this episode of her and Won-Seok showed the divide, even if he had proposed out of love, her initiatives with planning the wedding, their roof top/bedroom convos, her dreams, his dreams...what do they have in common really...besides being sexual partners?

and last random bit...came across an old MV of LMK singing (2014) and I couldn’t help but think, Sang-gu (at 2:17!!!) has been in Se-hee’s life for a while...:lol:

https://youtu.be/HTHtqq15U9w

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

My theory about what lead to the kiss. Or dream kiss.

Ji Ho is sitting on the beach and picks up the book. She leafs through it and lands on the page with the handwritten dedication. She gasps in surprise, saying to herself, "My love? My everything? Se-Hee? Romantic?"

Then Se-Hee calls out to her from across the street. 

Ji Ho looks up, hastily putting the book away. She stands up and watches Se-Hee making his way towards her. Her mind still buzzing with bewildered thoughts about how somebody like Se-Hee could ever be loving enough to be someone's "everything."

She tries to imagine it, Se-Hee being romantic. And then, boom! Dream Sequence. Se-Hee says the line about "room in his heart through this marriage" and then swoops in for the kiss.

:) Don't mind me. This is me convincing myself. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong by this drama. 

Theory about Se Hee's ex... tragedy. 

Maybe they were going to elope since Dad was so against it. Something may have happened to Jung Min while she was on her way to meet Se Hee. Then again, that's typical k-drama. And we all know this drama is everything but. 

Actually, it could have been that Se-Hee was going to ask permission to marry and move abroad with Jung Min. And Dad wouldn't allow it. And because Dad didn't give his blessing, Jung Min left Se-Hee to go abroad. I bet that when she does come back, she'll be married. And not necessarily after Se-Hee. Or single and enjoying it. 

Ji Ho would be jealous but only because of what Jung Min signifies. Not because Jung Min will do all the Ex moves from other dramas. 

Theory about Cat--

I don't believe Cat was Jung Min's cat. Didn't the Vets say Se Hee found the cat and brought it to their clinic just 3 years ago?

Sigh. Filling in the gap between now and Monday. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, jbying7 said:

Love love love this drama, so wonderfully scripted, so wonderfully acted by the mains. And such a breath of fresh air. 

Just sharing some thoughts. 

1. Allow me to be a little superficial. Showed my love last night what a change of hairstyle can do to a guy’s looks. I never think of LMK as handsome. He is older now (since SUFBB) and since the beginning of the drama, LMK looked odd and quirky to me. But the character he plays, Se Hee, grows on him and on me. And there’s an acceptance of his looks. That change of hairstyle is a bit of a surprise. If he is slightly on the spectrum and don’t yield to change easily, the hairstyle change is most unrealistic. It’s something very personal (from center parting to full bangs...) to a man and takes years to change...

Not that I’m complaining...I like the new look. Kudos to the writer and PD, I’m seeing Se Hee like how Jiho is seeing him, including watching him drink water with Adam’s apple bobbing..hahahahahahahahaha :wub:

2. There was a few mentions of the wish of Bo-mi & Bok Nam loveline and possibly Bo-Mi is something more than what she portrays, perhaps a Won-Seok rival in the cyber world. But could I say I’m hoping for a loveline between Bo-Mi and Won-Seok? Sometimes, a cohabiting couple of 7 years, may need to move on when their life goals are so different. That’s life. 

3. Which brings me to this. Actually...I’m not liking the Ho-Rang character. I know there were flashbacks of her being bullied, her loyalty to friends and Won Seok and that her life goals are to be a good wife and homemaker. But her manipulative ways and the showy moments with her colleagues often grate on me. And this episode of her and Won-Seok showed the divide, even if he had proposed out of love, her initiatives with planning the wedding, their roof top/bedroom convos, her dreams, his dreams, what do they have in common really...besides being sexual partners?

and last random bit...came across an old MV of LMK singing (2014) and I couldn’t help but think, Sang-gu (at 2:17!!!) has been in Se-hee’s life for a while...:lol:

https://youtu.be/HTHtqq15U9w

About #1 - Love the role reversal. It's usually the female that gets the makeover, right? 

He's also worked with Esom before. https://youtu.be/gVQ6FOVbBoA:)

Hope he sings for this drama's OST.

• Like 5

Guest mywebfoot
1 hour ago, triplem said:
14 hours ago, allythefangirl said:

It seemed like her MIL was happy for having her only to have her work for the memorial. I'm not sure if this is normal for Korean families (please enlighten me if it is).

Yes, it is . Not just SK but in many Asian cultures as well including mine.edit: though times are changing.   As nice as my mum in law is , I also practise good Daughter in law syndrome especially in family events  like this for the sake of marital harmony :lol:

It's normal but it isn't really nice of the mom to leave it all to her. It's a tad exaggerated for the drama. 

My dad's family had 9 kids, so you can imagine the Lunar New Year reunion dinner was quite an undertaking. There wasn't enough table space, so dinner would happen in shifts. And through it all, there was basically ONE person in the kitchen. ONE. Sure, people 'lent a hand', but she was in charge, and she did most of the work. She was my 2nd aunt by marriage, but it somehow fell to her. Don't ask me why and how, that was before my history in the family. Looking back now, I regret not lending a hand, but yunno, kids take their cues from the adults around them. 

In my experience, such duties tend to fall to one person, out of a sense of welcoming hospitality sometimes (the hosting family should be the oldest, but it isn't always, it's whomever wants to take on the reunion caller role). Then the daughter(s) of hosting family naturally end up doing the bulk of the work. 

I am going to share my thoughts about ep 10 and I hope you can understand because I am not good writing long post.

There are 3 scenes that make me think a lot about JH and SH’s dreams and what different they are.

In the Flashback scene of the girls talking about their dreams I was surprised because JH’s dreams is LOVE. (Not become a writer as in her birthdays)

Dreams are not part of reality and are very difficult to make them real but there are dreams that comes true and give up is not an option at least for JH.

SH dreams is that nothing happens in his life, his dream is drink beer while watching TV and someday die in his home, if SH don’t give up on his dream JH must have to find the love in other place so for them to remain together SH must give up on their dream.

The second scene that was important at least for me was the chat that she had with BN at work while she was checking his phone maybe waiting for a SH text and BN told her about her one side love and that having a crush after married must be not easy. BN said that the way they look at each other is different and the advice he gave to her of not to be too into him because she will get tired and sad (A big yes) and no less important he said that love is reciprocal and in the end of the episode she looked really sad. depressed emoticon

Finally there was a confession. She only wanted to be nice and kind with the family of the person she likes but SH is not able to see her actions like that. He only thinks that her actions had to do with basics animal desires in the human being or whatever is that (I wanted to punch him in his face).  slapping emoticon

Now she is feeling sad and annoyed and she decided to stop being the defendant and had decided to play forward position in order to attack.

In Soccer strategy a team that play defending during 90 minutes only has two option, lost or tie the game and when the strategy is to attack only can have two results lost or win the game.  

I am a soccer fan.   Barcelona FC  and   Paris Saint Germain  i like Atletico de Madrid too. 

• Like 15

Guest mywebfoot
7 hours ago, fastheart said:

Another LOL:

HR mentioning a name, that got translated to Mark Jukebox.

I was wondering about who it was until I know what she meant: Mark Zuckerberg. The Facebook guy.

This reminds me. I wanted to just share a bit of background on the comparison with Mark Zuckerberg.

Before Facebook, an early prototype by Zuckerberg and his partners was a website that allowed guys to rate and find the hot girls on campus (it was called thefacebook.com and it was 2004).

Sounds familiar? It's the same as little backstory that Sang Gu told Se Hee about why he was hiring Won Seok's talents. The writer seems to be saying that Won Seok literally has the potential of Mark Zuckerberg (though 2007 was already wayyyy too late for Won Seok's idea). That Ho Rang also compares him to Zuckerberg either means that she is aware of his potential, or she isn't, but is just pulling up a well known entrepreneur's name. If she is aware of his potential, hmm.... it seems to make her far more calculative, somehow. 

And someone had a question about marriage vs. marriage registration and how that works. (Sorry couldn't find the post again). 

The easiest way to explain it is to say that the wedding and the marriage are two different things due to certain legal processes.

A marriage is a legally binding agreement between two adults, so that the government and law will treat them as a family, i.e. a single unit. A marriage begins when the couple register themselves at the government office responsible for such things, or, if they have a person of authority present to officiate the signing of such documents. Usually this is a priest of whatever religion they are in, but it can also be a non-religious figure, like a Justice of the Peace.  

The wedding is the ceremony to celebrate a marriage. In parts of Asia, it's done at the convenience of the couple and the families involved. Sometimes before the marriage, sometimes during the marriage if the aforementioned authority figure is there, and sometimes (way!!) after the marriage. 

What Se Hee and Ji Ho did is have a wedding without a marriage. They appear married to their family, but they aren't registered with the government. 

2 hours ago, qynn said:

I think it happens after they get back too. It's hard to tell what her expression means. I'd say overwhelmed emotionally, but it could be in a good way or bad way or in a "I don't know if this feeling is good or bad" way heh. 

where is it touching scene? is it in long preview?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mywebfoot said:

This reminds me. I wanted to just share a bit of background on the comparison with Mark Zuckerberg.

Before Facebook, an early prototype by Zuckerberg and his partners was a website that allowed guys to rate and find the hot girls on campus (it was called thefacebook.com and it was 2004).

Sounds familiar? It's the same as little backstory that Sang Gu told Se Hee about why he was hiring Won Seok's talents. The writer seems to be saying that Won Seok literally has the potential of Mark Zuckerberg (though 2007 was already wayyyy too late for Won Seok's idea). That Ho Rang also compares him to Zuckerberg either means that she is aware of his potential, or she isn't, but is just pulling up a well known entrepreneur's name. If she is aware of his potential, hmm.... it seems to make her far more calculative, somehow. 

wo. thanks:o

For me
WS-HG couple: I start to think that everything will go bad 

SG-SJ: a bit disappointed by her contract, but it's funny to see the parallelism with the marriage contract by SH

I am curious about the "real" dream of SH. He must have something else in his mind

Probably (certainly) all the dramas watched until now are influencing me but..

I think SH was in love in the moment he proposed to her.

I didn't expect the run to the bus terminal (yes, the scenario was mimicking the cheesy airport scene when the male lead run to stop her leaving..but...).  I still don't understand the FULL logic about the fake marriage.

He showed us how he is normally ahead with his worries (not like her) and I don't understand how he didn't see all the drama coming from the relatives and friends. He is 38 years old, he must know what a married couple is supposed to do in front of others... Anyone the same?

And, for me, he used to close the door to protect her from.. himself! asdadsjgfgahahahaha (let me dream)

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, mywebfoot said:

It's really easy to sneer at Ho-Rang but I find her the saddest character in this show.

Won-Seok was once lauded as genius. He got into college earlier for he is two years younger than his peers. But then he got caught up in romance (more physical attraction) with Ho-Rang. I think she has ruined Won-Seok's potential by her forcing her vision in his life under the guise of love and I don't think she is even aware of it. Being genius is useless unless he's got the chance to nurture it.  Sadly, I know people like Won-Seok in real life as well.

Not that I want them to, but I can only see them falling apart in the end. Once Won-Seok gets a taste of appreciation and satisfaction for doing what he does best (that Maslow thing), he'll realise he wants a different future. Or, he'd lead a double life (having affairs on the side and Ho-Rang knows but turns a blind eye because, hey, that's what wives of successful men have got to endure).

Or, he does love Ho-Rang and, no matter what, love trumps all.

2 hours ago, camichi said:

In Soccer strategy a team that play defending during 90 minutes only has two option, lost or tie the game and when the strategy is to attack only can have two results lost or win the game.

"Are you an Arsenal fan?"

Is this another dig at other show, Dear Writer? Because, unlike ‘do you like Messi?’, this is not a pick-up or chat-up line although ironically it works as such. It is a genuine question that draws a genuine answer. Yoon Ji-Ho and Nam Se-Hee learn that they’ve got something in common: they are genuine fans of Arsenal.

And why Arsenal....

In its heyday, Arsenal transformed the face of English football by adopting the Total Football approach, with the arrival of many dutch players. Total Football demands versatility as "no outfield player is fixed in a predetermined role; anyone can successively play as an attacker, a midfielder and a defender." (Wikipedia). Thus, Ji-Ho's speech about moving position from defending to attacking.

The South Korean football team rose to prominence and world stage under the influence of 'Total Football' for  Guus Hiddink, who brought the nation to 2002 WC semi-final, comes from this school of football.

This 'Total Football'' idea of versatility, (no) pre-determined roles, and assuming many roles seems apt in this drama. There are various (traditional and non-traditional) 'female' roles that are touched upon and taken on by Ji-Ho.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, meiil said:

That bit on the preview has me very curious, it seems to be  happening once they return home coz she still has her backpack on but I can't really figure out if it's a good reaction or a bad one.. :/

Monday needs to come soon ugh.

Same here. When I first saw it, I thought she's about to cry. She punched her chest the same way she did when she couldn't stop crying at the wedding. I initially got worried how she's going to stop crying that she's alone in her room. But some people see it as a positive reaction, I wonder what it really is. :huh:

• Like 9

12 hours ago, shedp said:

Couldn't resist anymore to talk about HR and WS. In past episodes I was trying to understand and side with her, but in yesterday's episode ughh she really annoyed me and I give up. I know its her all time dream, but considering their circumstances, she should know more than that. She knows how incapable WS is, and in the past 3 years that they've been living together, she's the one who has been providing for everything. WS just got hired and she's now trying to resign her work. Ok, maybe this issue I can let it pass, because she paid for all the living expenses back then when WS was earning nothing, and now that he'll be the one earning then maybe she can have the right to resign. We can call that quits. But the worst part is she's asking for such a grand wedding that she knows too well that they couldn't even afford, that'll take them so many years before they even get to achieve. 

WS has never been ready to go through married life, I hate that HR used sex to threaten WS and manipulate him so she could have the wedding she has always been dreaming of. And I hate it more that WS was more forced to propose to her when HR used sex than how HR cried outside the restaurant. He was so firm telling HR that love and marriage aren't the same even after she cried and shamed herself at so many people but when his sex life was at risk, he didn't think twice to propose to her. Ughhh. 

@shedp, I loved your post and agree with you 100%.  First, I really think, again, that the writer uses comparison/contrasts and parallels.

1) I wanted to mention something about HR using sex to manipulate WS into proposing to her.  HR used sex to get a proposal and SJ used sex to get SG to agree to her dating contract. 

2) All three women are sexually harassed on their jobs: JH - physically-assault, SJ - verbally assault, and HR - verbally--not so much about sex, but about being a woman.

In regards to HR, as I rewatched the scene again of her, JH and SJ as young teenagers, I realized that she's always thought of herself as not being smart enough. She sat next to JH in hopes of bringing up her grades. I love teachers and believe that their actions and words can shape the way students view themselves; inspire them or defeat them. I was really disappointed in how the teachers treated HR compared to  SJ and JH.  I can't help but wonder if HR only aspires to be a housewife/stay at home mom because she doesn't feel as if she's good for anything else. She feels that marriage will "prove that she's valued as a woman."  There is nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom, it just seems that she has so much "life"/"energy", bubbly personality that it seems she's missing her calling. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, qynn said:

I think that's a smile creeping up on SH's face. And also right before she shut the door, she waved frantically to say good night... was SH insisting that he watch her go into her room first? Seriously. It felt like a giddy moment to be... that, or i was duped by the preview. :D 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

In regards to HR, as I rewatched the scene again of her, JH and SJ as young teenagers, I realized that she's always thought of herself as not being smart enough. She sat next to JH in hopes of bringing up her grades. I love teachers and believe that their actions and words can shape the way students view themselves; inspire them or defeat them. I was really disappointed in how the teachers treated HR compared to  SJ and JH.  I can't help but wonder if HR only aspires to be a housewife/stay at home mom because she doesn't feel as if she's good for anything else. She feels that marriage will "prove that she's valued as a woman."  There is nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom, it just seems that she has so much "life"/"energy", bubbly personality that it seems she's missing her calling. 

I agree with this! HR has some serious self-esteem issues.

13 hours ago, Jillia said:

She won't give up. She is actually tired of being defender. She doesn't want to keep the routine for Se-hee. She wants to push his comfort zone. She wants him to experience that there is more outside his apartement, apart from beer and soccer and dying there. She wants him to realize that he can open up to her. And she does it by telling him: you will spend as much time with my family as I did with yours. 

I think she is aware that maybe in the end he still won't like her as much as she does but she will never find out when she keeps doing things his way. So now instead of the defender she will be the striker. :) 

and yes! I think JH disagrees with SH's mentality of wanting to just die peacefully in his apartment and have nothing happen to him.. I hope she succeeds in showing him that there's more that can be experienced in life. And thanks to what Jillia said here^, I finally understand why JH said "This is not what I'm defending. This is not what I mean" . At first I was confused and wasn't sure what she was referring to.. but I guess at that moment she was rejecting the role that SH gave her and was determined to show that 'defending' is not the only thing she can do. hmmm very interesting. I hope she succeeds in pushing him out of his comfort zone!

--

and I just want to say thanks to @triplem , @raqlobster & all the other users for the soccer insights!! Very interesting reads for me because I know nothing about football/soccer except for the basics haha 

3 long days to Monday... :( and I don't think I'll be able to livestream at all next week. sigh. double bummer. hope everyone else is having a great week!

• Like 8