[Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2

Go Seung Ji

Finally watched the last two episodes, and boy, do I feel that they rushed the ending.... They tied up a lot of loose ends, but so many questions still remain. And I don't want to complain, but were there two different writers and directors in this season? The first episodes were fast paced with lovey dovey scenes between our two main leads. The romance dried up the further the show progressed, and the story was all over the place. They did improve the pacing in the end, but unfortunately they never incorporated romance back to the storyline. :(

It was great that everyone found out the identity of Secretary Kim, and HWS got closure regarding SHS. I still find it incredible that HWS never really suspected his brother for anything.... As a detective, he should have looked into why his brother was defending the pervert. Especially once they found out Secretary Kim was behind the coverup.

Well, I'll take what I can get, and now I am going to go off and write my own happy ending between HWS and YSO. lol :D

Thanks for the ride everyone! Maybe we will meet in a Mystery Queen season 3 thread next time.... :wink:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the finale and just wanted to share some thoughts on it.

Mystery Queen was easily one of my most anticipated drama of the year. Simply because of the crime solving duo. I loved it that they kinda acknowledged their mutual interest in each other, but the drama ended it at just that. Mutual interest. Come on show, not even a peck?? 

The big mystery of who was Secretary Kim was solved, but that's about it. He was Detective Ha's good hyung. We didn't know why in the world did he became a professional murderer, what was his relationship with Ha Ji Seung, why in the world did he want to kill Seo Hyun Soo, we didn't even know what was it that the crazy rapist had against Ha Ji Seung and Secretary Kim. Worst thing was, he wasn't even captured in the end!!

I just..gave up. I managed to watch through this because I watched it while it aired. 2 episodes per week was just enough. If I had wait for it to finish it's run and binge watch, I'll probably would drop this by the 5th episode. I still love Ahjumma and Grumpy Detective. They're the best thing that came out of this show. 

Mystery Queen Season 3, I'll watch only if the original casts remain.

The finale was rushed but we did get closure on most issues. I would welcome season 3 as I really want to know what did SHS do 17 years ago to make her disappear and hide from Secretary Kim. I want Secretary Kim brought to justice. Now that Detective Ha could finally move on with his life, I would like to see YSO and Detective Ha acknowledge to each other that they are a couple. I think Ajumma held back as she could sense that Ha might not be fully ready. 

The new team looks super cool so yes season 3 please with the same cast. 

This disappointed me, I won't lie.

The only growth was that HSO become a cop and her friend started working in the forensic department. It should have ended at season 1 if they can't build up a good story line and this one was an open ending too.

Well, there it goes like others. Sighs

Archived