[Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2

Go Seung Ji

14 hours ago, tzupi said:

We are preoccupied with the same things... Detective Ha needs closure and for the moment, he is not quite in the mood to pursue Seol Ok. I was paying a lot of attention to their interactions in episode 14. It did not seem to me that their interactions had the same intensity as before. But I do not think there is any reason to despair. First, the new case is difficult and awful, so they do not have time to bicker around as usual. Second, it is normal for Detective Han to be confused about the returning of his old love.

That being said, there was a good sign in episode 14: detective Ha was very happy when Seol Ok said that she was charmed by his cooking skills. His reaction was as funny as usual: always so happy with any small acknowledgement that Seol Ok throws him. 

So I agree with  @ross27that things will blossom between them, but it will take some time and part of why that will happen is that detective Ha did not really know his old girlfriend.

I also think the type of love, as pointed out earlier is different than the love he has for SO, It's seems more like, as you said he needs closure so he can move on with being open about his heart. (Maybe why he hasn't truly confessed). He has, as pointed out an idealized version of SHS.

But for Seol Ok, I don't get that feeling off of him. He accepts the fact she can't cook very well, and seems to accept a lot of the downsides of her as part of her and "cute" which is more like the oxytocin/attachment love you need for a long-term relationship. In some ways he helps her get what she needs, though is very shy about it. (Ultimately, I still want her to choose her own path and come out of the police academy with high marks. So it can be the three of them solving crimes together.)

Seol Ok, I think, is hesitant partially because he is hesitant too, and she just got off of a divorce, so she's a bit beaten up. But it also seems to be playing (through the acting) in a game of she knows that he knows that she knows, etc.

Somehow I think they will still bicker a bit even after they confirm their feelings for each other, but it's a healthy bickering at the same time because it shows they do communicate their discontents very well.

BTW, Live has another dead Hyeon Soo who died in similar circumstances... makes me wonder if she's still alive and also a secret agent.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah, I knew it! Episode 14 confirmed my suspicions on Bo Kook and Ha Wan Seung's brother, Ha Ji Seung.... Even though I was suspecting it, I was a little saddened to see Ha Ji Seung take action when that murderer asked for help to cover the murder up. Poor Wan Seung, when he finds out what his brother has been up to. :(

It does explain it why Jung Hee Yeon was trying to get close to Wan Seung's brother, though. I do still feel that the storyline is a bit messy when it comes to Seo Hyun Soo. I hope they will clear the whole thing up soon, so I can see if my suspicion/theory is correct.

Most of all I do hope that they turn up the romance, as it has been on the back-burner since 5-6 episodes back. A kiss scene and confession by the end of episode 16, would be preferred. :D 

We already saw Mi Joo's death in the bush 2 episodes away, it is still so sad to see the discovery of her body and the reactions of SO and Mi Joo's friend (can't remember his name). Poor Mi Joo! She has finally, after so much hard work and determination passed her exams, to be killed in such a horrific manner! We learnt how a pervert could through practice of committing small crimes ended up with more serious ones and ultimately commit murder, getting better and better at the execution of the crime. The law student who is the culprit is so cold-hearted and blatant that he will get away with murder with Secretary Kim's help through Ha Ji Seung. So much  fear and trauma has he created in all the young women he has attacked.  In Inspector Woo's words, he has become a monster. I am sure Unit 2 will catch him! 

While I am fine with having season 3, I will want the Secretary Kim/ Seo Hyun Soo case to be concluded in this season.  I am still puzzled over so many fake Seo Hyun Soos. Did Jung Hee Yeon (real SHS) arrange for these women to be fake SHS so as to draw Secretary Kim's attention to them and away from her? She then `dragged' in Inspector Woo so that he could save the fakes ones and in the investigation process catch Secretary Kim? If she really put these women in danger through her active participation of paying for them to assume the name, she has indeed turned into a monster too. What did she really do in the past that her life is still in danger? Or is she working for Secretary Kim now as a cover up of her real self from him? And that was why she had to shoot Inspector Woo to prove her loyalty to Secretary Kim? I will feel very cheated if I don't get all the answers to this case by this season.

On the light side, Detective Ha did listen to SO's nagging and cooked a meal for Inspector Woo and cleaned his house. When SO volunteered to cook for Inspector Woo if Ha was not willing, Ha quickly told her that it was not necessary. Inspector Woo's reaction to the cooking and meal that Ha cooked and their conversation at the dining table was so funny. 

40 minutes ago, ross27 said:

We already saw Mi Joo's death in the bush 2 episodes away, it is still so sad to see the discovery of her body and the reactions of SO and Mi Joo's friend (can't remember his name). Poor Mi Joo! She has finally, after so much hard work and determination passed her exams, to be killed in such a horrific manner! We learnt how a pervert could through practice of committing small crimes ended up with more serious ones and ultimately commit murder, getting better and better at the execution of the crime. The law student who is the culprit is so cold-hearted and blatant that he will get away with murder with Secretary Kim's help through Ha Ji Seung. So much  fear and trauma has he created in all the young women he has attacked.  In Inspector Woo's words, he has become a monster. I am sure Unit 2 will catch him! 

While I am fine with having season 3, I will want the Secretary Kim/ Seo Hyun Soo case to be concluded in this season.  I am still puzzled over so many fake Seo Hyun Soos. Did Jung Hee Yeon (real SHS) arrange for these women to be fake SHS so as to draw Secretary Kim's attention to them and away from her? She then `dragged' in Inspector Woo so that he could save the fakes ones and in the investigation process catch Secretary Kim? If she really put these women in danger through her active participation of paying for them to assume the name, she has indeed turned into a monster too. What did she really do in the past that her life is still in danger? Or is she working for Secretary Kim now as a cover up of her real self from him? And that was why she had to shoot Inspector Woo to prove her loyalty to Secretary Kim? I will feel very cheated if I don't get all the answers to this case by this season.

On the light side, Detective Ha did listen to SO's nagging and cooked a meal for Inspector Woo and cleaned his house. When SO volunteered to cook for Inspector Woo if Ha was not willing, Ha quickly told her that it was not necessary. Inspector Woo's reaction to the cooking and meal that Ha cooked and their conversation at the dining table was so funny. 

I watched the subs for the last two eps, and the only fear i have is they aren't able to cover every single loose end they had for the first season. Based on the view ship they had for S2, kind doubt they want to do S3(Not a big fan how the PD and director want to go for open end so they have another season) they had entire 16 eps this season to address all the questions we had and instead we got them in the cramming last minute for maybe 4 eps( not sure whether the finale will address the questions viewers had). 

1 hour ago, ross27 said:

Sorry for cutting your post. As I understand the story, the girlfriend aka the cake shop owner hired people to draw the attention of Secretary Kim (the woman at the end of season 1), detective Ha (the woman at the end of the first episode of season 2), and of the profiler (such as the woman in the shopping mall).

From among these people, the women who went to see Secretary Kim and detective Ha both died. I think from these incidents, the girlfriend deduced that Secretary Kim must be somebody who is connected with Detective Ha: there is no reason for the woman who came to the police station in the first episode to die.... UNLESS Secretary Kim heard about her from detective Ha. (she died before the profiler got involved). Probably the girlfriend suspects that Bo Kook is Secretary Kim (with her resources, she might have followed detective Ha and see that he is working with Bo Kook).

I think she is sincere in wanting the help of the profiler. Recall that in the shooting scene, she does not shoot to kill; she shoots him in the leg (she is also shown to be very skilled). She has shot him only to escape probably because she is not sure about the loyalty of the profiler: he comes to meet her with the gun drawn. Moreover, when they discuss in episode 14, she seems to be scared when he reveals her identity.

Her actions are morally dubious verging on evil. She might not have anticipated the death of the woman who went to the police station in the first episode, but she knowingly endangered the life of the woman whom she sent to talk with Secretary Kim (in the last episode of the first season).  On the other hand, we do not know the details of her contracts with these women.

On the other hand, I think Detective Ha might have discovered that Bo Kook cannot be trusted. After the play detective Ha is pretty convinced that the girlfriend is alive; then we have the scene with him and Bo Kook about the DNA results. After hearing the results, he asks again whether the guy is sure about the results. But he never tells Bo Kook why he wanted so badly to know the results, although Bo Kook asks him why they had to meet in the middle of the night. 

Annyeong chingu deul

What I want to comment here is nothing to do with the drama :D but about Choi Kang Hee. As I know Choi Kang Hee's eyes are light brown but in Episode 13 almost to the end part, when she was talking about loving the person in front of her then Detective Ha leaned in close to Seol Ok, we can see her eyes and i think she was wearing contacts lens cos the circle around her irises are more dark. I remember her eyes are light brown only without any rings. Hmmm maybe I'm mistaken, will have to recheck.

Ok back to the drama, the pervert is so daring to ask Professor Ha's help to find Secretary Kim. Gosh is it really Detective Ha's sunbae is Secretary Kim? So this means he is the villain then, how come Detective Ha don't know? Oh well, we will know hopefully by next week or........

As for the real Seo Hyun Soo, like you all, I'm wondering what did she do so wrong that she has to hide her real identity. And she's willing to say goodbye to her love. Can't wait to see what's the revelation about her and I want Detective Ha to have a closure about his 1st love. The ring proves that Detective Ha has already got serious feelings for Seol Ok, too bad the ring is taken by another. I want to see their shock and surprise too when they found out its the Cake Owner who took the ring all these while.

3 hours ago, monalisa said:

Maybe Jung Hee-yeon is Detective Ha's supposedly dead ex girlfriend? That's why she seems to be jealous of SO and wanted the ring for herself.

I believe Jung Hee-yeon is Seo Hyun Soo too @monalisa... She couldn't have fallen for him so quickly unles she is crazy. I don't think she is crazy. You can tell she dislikes Detective Ha's brother. She wants that company destroyed. We should wonder ' WHY HAS SHE TARGETED THAT LAW FIRM"????

@monalisa @UnniSarah It has been confirmed that JHY is SHS. There is no doubt about it and in my opinion, SHS used to work for Secretary Kim hence she knows his real identity. Since HJS knows Secretary Kim and the latter helped him in the past, it seems that HJS has done something wrong in the past and the student knew about it through his relatives. To me, HJS changed for the better hence he tried to cut ties with Secretary Kim. However, the latter knew that he only needed to wait for the right opportunity. Actually, Secretary Kim used HWS in order to monitor the police chief Shin JG, while HWS thought that BG was actually helping him. In the end, it was the other way around. BG wanted to make sure that SJG would not betray him.

I rewatched the last episode of the first season to remember why exactly the girlfriend had to die.

From the discussion of the father of Detective Ha with the guy who was pretending to be Secretary Kim:

• the girlfriend had something on her that the father was interested in (however, it is not clear that this item is the reason why they tried to kill her). 
  • it is not clear what the item is
  • it is not clear whether the item had previously been the property of the father of Detective Ha (so that the girlfriend stole it).
  • however, secretary Kim apologizes to the father for not being able to retrieve the item.

From the discussion between detective Ha and his father (the discussion that takes place in jail)

• the father says that the detective did not know who the girlfriend really is
  • the father also says that he got involved in the whole thing only when detective Ha entered police and tried to find the girlfriend, which seems to be after she is reported missing (so after the hospital scene and her 'killing'). From this, it follows that the father was linked to the girlfriend's death only after the girlfriend died, so he is not the one that ordered the killing.
  • Detective Ha voices his suspicion that the girlfriend saw something that she was not supposed to see
  • Detective Ha also seems to believe his father about his involvement in the cover-up, and asks why the father takes the fall.

Given what we know from this season, what kind of scenarios are possible?

Do you remember other episodes from season 1 that contain important information about the girlfriend?

Hello, everyone, I am one of those missing cases in Violent Crime Division 1. I don't think I was gone as long as the 7-year missing father. At least I am still alive, barely. I am digging into all you comments to learn about this great mystery. My videos have been stopping all the time so I tried to figure out everything. Thank you, all my old friends. My previous Korean Drama watching buddy, my youngest daughter, entered college 2 years ago; therefore, I lost someone to share it with. But this past week I got back into and I found I love the dramas still.

The latest version of Seo Hyun Soo is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful, after 18 plastic surgeries. Whereas Detective Ha's young girlfriend was more a college nerd, a very simple girl. The young couple walked together happily during their dating days. That "very important" item that Ha's father wanted back was actually given to "simple girlfriend" by young HWS as a gift (birthday?) and "simple girlfriend" asked what it is (season 1). So I think "simple girlfriend's" misfortunate was sort of caused by HWS giving it to her. Both young love sacrificed to save each other at the hospital, so I doubt "simple girlfriend" had the confident look of the latest SHS. Or the "evil" or "power" she has.

To me, if Detective Ha final meets the latest version of SHS, I doubt he would fall in love the same way. He has seen her often in season 2 as the owner of the bakery and he never felt for her beauty. He longed for the days when he played the guitar for her in her room, just two of them enjoying the purety of a simple live. HWS never wanted any part of the rich life which Ha and Jung Law Firm would offer. I doubt he could fall for this new version of SHS. But the fact SHS cried terribly in her car after her last appearance in that play, she MUST HAVE A HUGE CRUSH on HWS for many years. That confuses me so much.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:56 AM, docster6 said:

That "very important" item that Ha's father wanted back was actually given to "simple girlfriend" by young HWS as a gift (birthday?) and "simple girlfriend" asked what it is (season 1). So I think "simple girlfriend's" misfortunate was sort of caused by HWS giving it to her.

That's interesting. I also remember him giving her something, but I do not remember the episode. Do you remember it? I've already looked through several of the first season episodes, but I could not find anything relevant to this issue.

Sorry for cutting your post.

10 hours ago, tzupi said:

That's interesting. I also remember him giving her something, but I do not remember the episode. Do you remember it? I've already looked through several of the first season episodes, but I could not find anything relevant to this issue.

Sorry for cutting your post.

That flash-back scene was in Season 1, Episode 9, about 13 minutes from the end. Here was the sequence of events:

(1) Ahjamma and HWS saved sister-in-law from the island and Ahjamma promised to testify against Jang.

(2) Because of Ahjamma's evil husband, a prosecutor, Jang was released and HWS had an awful time worrying about what Jang would do to Ahjamma. Everything went wrong for WS as he was powerless against a prosecutor.

(3) Ahjamma and Kyung-Mi, meanwhile, had a great time fangirling at Inspector Woo's seminar (sold out).

(4) HWS was down in the dumps. He drank at his usual place, alone, and complained that he drank so much but still not drunk. He was having an awful time. Kitchen Ahjamma asked where his wives were and complain he ate Ramyian while it was too hot.

(5) That was when the flashback to SHS came back because SHS fed him Ramyian. He attended all her shows and SHS complained that he distracted her while she was acting. SHS was popular with many of her fans. One day HWS confessed to her that he likes her. After that he stopped coming and SHS saw his usual seat empty.

(6) One day HWS rushed to her to give her something. Some sort of paper inside a plastic bag (not a CDROM, not a flash drive. some sort of paper with typing on it. SHS asked what it is and HWS said it was a gift. It must have been valuable because HWS could only think of SHS, all day long. SHS noticed HWS' left chin was sratched (not terribly hurt) and a small bandaid was on it. Later on, when SHS made him Ramyian, she touch his face with gentleness and told him not to get hurt again.

There really were not that many scenes between thpse two. That was why I speculated that "gift" was important and many bad people wanted it. The first season really didn't explain it too well. I thought of it as the biggest mystery because Ahjamma couldn't solve it as she never saw any evidence. But our lead couple's cases are somewhat related, as we all know.

11 hours ago, docster6 said:

That flash-back scene was in Season 1, Episode 9, about 13 minutes from the end. Here was the sequence of events:

(1) Ahjamma and HWS saved sister-in-law from the island and Ahjamma promised to testify against Jang.

(2) Because of Ahjamma's evil husband, a prosecutor, Jang was released and HWS had an awful time worrying about what Jang would do to Ahjamma. Everything went wrong for WS as he was powerless against a prosecutor.

(3) Ahjamma and Kyung-Mi, meanwhile, had a great time fangirling at Inspector Woo's seminar (sold out).

(4) HWS was down in the dumps. He drank at his usual place, alone, and complained that he drank so much but still not drunk. He was having an awful time. Kitchen Ahjamma asked where his wives were and complain he ate Ramyian while it was too hot.

(5) That was when the flashback to SHS came back because SHS fed him Ramyian. He attended all her shows and SHS complained that he distracted her while she was acting. SHS was popular with many of her fans. One day HWS confessed to her that he likes her. After that he stopped coming and SHS saw his usual seat empty.

(6) One day HWS rushed to her to give her something. Some sort of paper inside a plastic bag (not a CDROM, not a flash drive. some sort of paper with typing on it. SHS asked what it is and HWS said it was a gift. It must have been valuable because HWS could only think of SHS, all day long. SHS noticed HWS' left chin was sratched (not terribly hurt) and a small bandaid was on it. Later on, when SHS made him Ramyian, she touch his face with gentleness and told him not to get hurt again.

There really were not that many scenes between thpse two. That was why I speculated that "gift" was important and many bad people wanted it. The first season really didn't explain it too well. I thought of it as the biggest mystery because Ahjamma couldn't solve it as she never saw any evidence. But our lead couple's cases are somewhat related, as we all know.

Thank you. Indeed, HWS gives her something, although it is not clear what the item is. Did he get hurt in getting the item? The scene seems to suggest that, but it is not clear.

If they use the information they gave us in season 1, maybe they will explain what happened in this scene.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2 - Finale: Tonight @ 22:00 KST

I have the impression that there will be an open ending again. So maybe a third season?

HWS and YSO are about to discover the identity of Secretary Kim. He was the one who planned the cover up of YSO's parents's murder. He uses the same method again: suicide in order to hide the real identity of MJ's murderer. Unfortunately for him, YSO, HWS and their team were able to find other evidences that are pointing out the real murderer. 

I am wondering what HJS did in the past to be blackmailed like that... In my opinion, the cousin of the law student must have been there too because he knows about HJS's wrongdoing. Let just say that the father of HJS must have called Secretary Kim for help which the latter did. However, HJS must have felt guilty and resented Secretary Kim hence he cut him off. However, since the law student committed a crime and asked for his cousin's help, the latter revealed the secret so that HJS was blackmailed and forced to call Secretary Kim. JHY must know about HJS's past hence she got close to him. That way she entered Ha and Jung and made sure that she would know, when Secretary Kim would appear again. 

Archived