[Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2

Go Seung Ji

In my opinion, the three people were poisoned like the cat. Notice that they are all in the same position. The question is how did they get poisoned? 

I thought about the cigarette... but a cat can't smoke. So it is connected to drinks in my opinion. The cat was killed because he drank what the worker was supposed to drink.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the three people were poisoned like the cat. Notice that they are all in the same position. The question is how did they get poisoned? 

I thought about the cigarette... but a cat can't smoke. So it is connected to drinks in my opinion. The cat was killed because he drank what the worker was supposed to drink.

fair point..completely forgot about the cat..

ya she was being taken care as a baby.. so definitely..

but i am just wondering is this the case where we already know the killer and its more about finding the logistics of murder..

or else that really leaves us with 1 suspect (the only surviving staff member) who drove the stalker girl to her home (?) after expulsion

30 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

fair point..completely forgot about the cat..

ya she was being taken care as a baby.. so definitely..

but i am just wondering is this the case where we already know the killer and its more about finding the logistics of murder..

or else that really leaves us with 1 suspect (the only surviving staff member) who drove the stalker girl to her home (?) after expulsion

I have the feeling that the stalker girl is not dead... Right now, the staff member seems to be the most suspicious. Could it be that they worked together in the end? I mean, in the former case, we had two culprits. Let just say that the stalker resented the other couple and the staff member was disgusted that the rule was only applied to the girl and not the male student. Possible clues for their involvement:

• The stalker girl didn't know that the cat would drink it hence it died earlier.
  • The fact that he consoled the stalker...
  • Someone must have created this rumor about the ghost in order to prepare the crimes. The staff member could be behind it but he lied to HWS and YSO.
  • Notice that the staff member was not in the room with all the students, just like HWS and YSO.
  • You have to have access to the CCTV to make sure that the stalker girl is not caught by the CCTV. He could just turn off all CCTV for a few minutes. I noticed that the CCTV didn't have any hour/time on it... hence no one can realize that they were turned off for a few minutes.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have the feeling that the stalker girl is not dead... Right now, the staff member seems to be the most suspicious. Could it be that they worked together in the end? I mean, in the former case, we had two culprits. Let just say that the stalker resented the other couple and the staff member was disgusted that the rule was only applied to the girl and not the male student. Possible clues for their involvement:

• The stalker girl didn't know that the cat would drink it hence it died earlier.
  • The fact that he consoled the stalker...
  • Someone must have created this rumor about the ghost in order to prepare the crimes. The staff member could be behind it but he lied to HWS and YSO.
  • Notice that the staff member was not in the room with all the students, just like HWS and YSO.
  • You have to have access to the CCTV to make sure that the stalker girl is not caught by the CCTV. He could just turn off all CCTV for a few minutes. I noticed that the CCTV didn't have any hour/time on it... hence no one can realize that they were turned off for a few minutes.

Yes .. makes sense that they might be working together.. which takes me back to point 1.. it seems to be more about finding the logistics of the murder.. what happened, when it happened, and how it happened..and bit of a clarification on Who

i like the eerie feel to the episode :) 

On 3/23/2018 at 4:03 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@USAFarmgirl @nona88 @UnniSarah @missirina After watching the episode 8, I have the impression that YSO could get new friends and helpers which could give her the strength and support she needs in order to succeed. It was interesting to see that the persons involved in the former case would be used again. Moreover, the way they worked together at the crime scene was really telling. Working with YSO, this will help them to become better police officers as they need to practice their knowledge. It would be great if YSO was the one who creates HSW's new team. Right now, the unit 2 is composed by only two people which is not enough. Actually, his colleagues can't stand him because he is good at his job. They reproach him not to work in team, whereas in reality they are the ones who were jealous and wanted to prove that they are better than him. They were the ones lacking in team spirit. HWS is not an arrogant detective, he really tried to work with the others but he was pushed away and always left behind in the investigations. Moreover, they spied on him in order to get the credit.  

@bebebisous33... I agree they are jealous of WS. WS is a great detective and his instinct are always right. Even the lead forensic science expert likes HWS. Exactly, they all try to alienate HWS when there is accase. On believe this precinct only care about closing a case not for truth. They would send him on errands just. So he doesn't participate in a case.  Another thing they don't like him because he sent a cop to jail. He is an honest cop not a crooked one. They wish he would look the other way and cover a cop when he breaks the law.  Smh smh smh  He believes in the law and likes putting the bad guys away. 

Love reading all your theories and insights about this show. :)

I also believe all the victims were poisoned (including the cat). I don't think the stalker girl is dead, either. It seems more like a rumor that was intentionally started.

In the scene with the stalker girl and the chief staff member who was driving her away from the boarding school, it seemed like she was trying to escape from him. She might have been afraid of him? The same staff member was the one trying to stop the cat lady (Park In Ae) from leaving the premises after she found Han Gi Yong 's body.

The superintendent who stole the cigarette, seemed to be really into eavesdropping. Makes sense to me that he saw or heard something the killer didn't want him to see, and had to be killed to make sure he wouldn't talk.

Maybe not relevant, but who buried the cat and when did it happen? I mean the last time we saw the cat, the catlady was carrying its dead body to the car when she tried to flee after Han Gi Yong died. Then the superintendent shows our detective and ahjumma the cat's grave. Next HWS, YSO and the superintendent find the cat lady dead in her room.... Did the cat lady bury the cat when she came back to the boarding school  in the middle of the night (after turning back the car because of the blocked road)? Did someone else do it to get rid of evidence? In any case, the superintendent knew where the cat was buried. Either he buried the cat himself when In Ae came back frantic, or then he saw someone else bury the cat.

I also think it is suspicious that the superintendent's first comment when finding the cat lady was "It wasn't me!". It's almost like he knew she was dead. Either he is the culprit, or (more likely) he knew/saw who killed the cat lady.  

(Sorry for calling her the cat lady btw - lol :D )

I think it is possible (like other people have pointed out), that two people might have been working together as killers in this case.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I was wondering if she is not the mysterious Secretary Kim. 

I thought that too!!!!!!!! green scarf 38green scarf 38green scarf 38green scarf 38

I guess she had connection with that person or she is the secretary Kim.

Watching episode by episode things about her become creepy not sweet as her looks anymore. The way her glance at thing that interest her is weird. And when she purposely show up in front of HS with black sweater, what the heck is she doing.

She is definitely gaining something for these accidents, also I believe the cake delivered to the madam in the earlier scene with photo of naked couple in bed has something to do with what happen at Ha & Jeong, and to HS brother. 

When I watched this week episode why do I remember detective Conan green scarf 43

Whereever SO goes there will be a dead body happy leafhappy leafhappy leaf

And I was right about the poison in the cigarettes and the tea and the "two culprits". 

The cake lady is really creepy. She acts as nice and humble lady in front of HWS's brother, although she is the reason why the prosecution office took him for investigating a corruption case. 

I have to say that this year identifying the culprit is much easier than last year, since the writer prioritizes the comic and romance aspects. I am fine with it.

Our ahjumma was even called "noona" by one of the students. :wink:  

the cake lady is a very interesting character. when I saw her with the brother, I started going over her reactions, and I was wondering whether I misjudged her. however, i do not quite understand her motivation. does she want to destroy the law firm?

i also do not understand the motivation of chief kim. he was presented as an information broker. why would he want to take revenge on the law firm?

Yay, the ratings went up. ^^

First post in here for this 2nd season. I really enjoyed today's episode. I figured out that poisoning had to be the method, but I didn't expect the other culprit involved in the crime. I sorta wished they showed him admitting a reason for what he did though and/or showing more anguish instead of having Seol Ok and Wan Seung talk about it. 

I wanted to see them start their next case already, but all the WS+SO scenes were so cute too! And their dialogue! It was too much to gif. It was about time they started talking about the ring seriously and finding out what really happened.

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Our ahjumma was even called "noona" by one of the students. :wink:  

Yassssss! And even Wan Seung called her "Noona" for once. ^.^

@lumibear pandaGreat that you decided to join this thread cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532because it is really quiet here.

I have the impression that the girl HY could be the real SHS hence she took the ring to make sure that HWS doesn't marry YSO. To me, it looks like HY will use the trust fund in order to start her war against Secretary Kim. The woman SHS got killed because of her name and she had plastic surgery. Hy knows that Kim is still after her but in order to get rid of her biggest enemy, she needs financial support and she knows that law firm Ha is targeted by Secretary Kim. She plans to get revenge. From my point of view, she knew that HWS's brother liked taking the bus. Notice that she is dressed differently, when she is with him. She is more casual as she knows how he thinks: he is more simple and humble... In my opinion, HWS will live with the inspector WSH because his flat is so big. 

59 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lumibear pandaGreat that you decided to join this thread cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532because it is really quiet here.

I have the impression that the girl HY could be the real SHS hence she took the ring to make sure that HWS doesn't marry YSO. To me, it looks like HY will use the trust fund in order to start her war against Secretary Kim. The woman SHS got killed because of her name and she had plastic surgery. Hy knows that Kim is still after her but in order to get rid of her biggest enemy, she needs financial support and she knows that law firm Ha is targeted by Secretary Kim. She plans to get revenge. From my point of view, she knew that HWS's brother liked taking the bus. Notice that she is dressed differently, when she is with him. She is more casual as she knows how he thinks: he is more simple and humble... In my opinion, HWS will live with the inspector WSH because his flat is so big. 

Thank you, thank you. For HY to use the money from the firm to get revenge on Secretary Kim makes a lot of sense. I am wondering then if she is a kind of good character in the end. She seems nice to many people. 

10 minutes ago, tzupi said:

Thank you, thank you. For HY to use the money from the firm to get revenge on Secretary Kim makes a lot of sense. I am wondering then if she is a kind of good character in the end. She seems nice to many people. 

No, she seems quite vindicative and cunning in my opinion. She is not good as she uses bribes and blackmail. Since she is disguising herself all the time, she is the total opposite of YSO. To me, she is scary and creepy. Her smile and kindness are fake. 

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, she seems quite vindicative and cunning in my opinion. She is not good as she uses bribes and blackmail. Since she is disguising herself all the time, she is the total opposite of YSO. To me, she is scary and creepy. Her smile and kindness are fake. 

I agree with you that she is not straightforward, although let us remember how YSO was lying so much in the first season, and even now, she is doing this. As you said, HY is scary and creepy, but if she is the old girlfriend of detective Ha, she probably had an awful life, where bribing, blackmailing, lying was required to survive.

Did HY really do something bad until now? Or are we somehow led to believe that because she is so creepy?

I am not saying that she is good, but I am wondering whether she is the real villain. Last season, detective's Ha father was presented as a kind of a villain, only to be a pawn. I am wondering if that's what happens here too.

21 minutes ago, tzupi said:

I agree with you that she is not straightforward, although let us remember how YSO was lying so much in the first season, and even now, she is doing this. As you said, HY is scary and creepy, but if she is the old girlfriend of detective Ha, she probably had an awful life, where bribing, blackmailing, lying was required to survive.

Did HY really do something bad until now? Or are we somehow led to believe that because she is so creepy?

I am not saying that she is good, but I am wondering whether she is the real villain. Last season, detective's Ha father was presented as a kind of a villain, only to be a pawn. I am wondering if that's what happens here too.

So far, we saw her killing someone in the last episode from season 1. 

I feel bad for Wan-Seung's brother as it appears he's falling for that creepy cake lady~ When really she's approaching him for ulterior motives.... 

I actually much prefer season 1 to 2, this season feels there's too many side characters & most times it feels like a farce. Probably the reason why I haven't added much to the discussion as I feel the drama is rather dull(?) 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yeah, unfortunately. :frown:  I've been faithfully watching this drama weekly and still like it a lot, but there were some editing/writing issues that irked me in some of the past episodes. Feels like it is better now. Glad to see Kyung Mi more often too! Her scenes with Hwang Jae Min crack me up.

HY's side of the story is somewhat lost on me. When HY first met our leads during her case and offered help/tips, I thought it would be nice if she became part of the crime-fighting gang. But now I know it was all a ploy so I don't like her. Why is Secretary Kim after her? I noticed that about her clothes too. I thought HWS's brother was going to be a bad guy, but he did seem pretty ordinary on the bus. Looks like he has a crush on HY too.

Omgyes! The moment we saw Inspector Woo moving into a new place, I immediately thought of HWS crashing there. LOL Oh the awkward bromance possibilities...... :joy:

What was lacking in this season was the crime-fighting group teamwork I liked seeing from the first season. I don't like the rookie cop Shin Na Ra's ditzy character, but I'm hoping the next episode will give her some depth and seeing Seol Ok make Unit Two a great investigative team.

Ost part 5 

YOUNHA – MIGHT MELT (녹을지 몰라요) MYSTERY QUEEN OST

I might melt
I don’t even know myself
Uh Love is so sweet

Spoiler

My head is only filled with you
I’m curious about everything on you, why?
I’m afraid you’ll hear my pounding heart
So I’m anxious

I might melt
I don’t even know myself
It’s so sweet, it’s so sweet
I don’t know what to do

I might melt
Do you know?
Tell me you love me
Don’t be too late

Love is love is sweet
Love is love is you
When I see you, when I see your eyes
When I blink

Love is love is sweet
Love is love is you
My heart might softly melt

Du dururu du dururu du

Your eyes that look at me are filled with honey
Now I feel like you’re mine, what do I do?
Should I talk to you first? Should I wait?
Should I confess to you? Should I take courage?

I might melt
I don’t even know myself
It’s so sweet, it’s so sweet
I don’t know what to do

I might melt
Do you know?
Tell me you love me
Don’t be too late

Love is love is sweet
Love is love is you
When I see you, when I see your eyes
When I blink