[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

Thank you guys for understanding.

@Transition Concerning the manga it is finished. The main leads become a couple in the middle of the manga and then we see them as a couple for the rest of the series so we have many cute scenes like going on dates and kissing but in my opinion  there is some unnecessary drama but it's a good story overall.

Also

''what is this? chocolate? I don'e need this? I want to eat you.''   did he serioulsy reply like that? I honestly did not expect it !

• Thanks 1

@justananimelover Thank you for the information! I didn't expect that it is a finished manga. They can just follow the story then for the movie. Aw...so there would be dating and kissing scenes. I really want Tao to be the female lead. Not only would we be able to see Ryota and Tao for the 2nd time but we also get to see scenes of them being on dates as a couple, which we didn't get to see in Anikoma. *sighs* I'm still wishing for Tao to be in it but don't want to get my hopes too high. 

• Like 1

Of what we have read and seen of Ryota and Tao's thoughts regarding different topics such as ideal girlfriend/boyfriend, ideal date, ideal relationship etc. we have noticed that their answers are mirroring each other's, right? Here come another answers of theirs which "coincidentally" are the same. As people say, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern. Their answers aren't common either. At least that's not what I would think of. The other artists' (in the Grazia interview) answers were all different as well. Did you also notice Ryota's smile when he is said "Love to me is..."?

@justananimelover 

@Dramanoona  @purplekhie  @thuyhoang62 

DownTown 170901

Q48: At what age would you like to get married?

Tao: Getting married is about fate and having a future that you yearn for. I haven't set a time for myself. Acting is about being able to connect with your character I think it is the same in real-life. In real-life, I think it is possible too that you can cherish a certain person that you are being able to connect to, through your hearts. 

Screen-capture and translations of her Q&A

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4148176560660745

Here's the actual show

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av14151789/?from=search&seid=7420145419384592187

Grazia interview 20180212:

Q: What is love?

Ryota: Love to me is something that exists to connect one person to another.

Q: What is a blissful love? 

Ryota: The moment which makes you smile is the most blissful. 

Q: What kind of love hurts the most?

Ryota: It hurts the most when you get betrayed. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4206604331119963

• Like 3

@setokaonii I just looked at angiebyun's instagram. She has posted pictures of Generations and J Soul Brothers before. So could she be someone that kind of manages the LDH artists when they are overseas? I like how she posted those hearts there :)

I have just read the translations to Tao's recent IG posts. She said she hasn't had time to see everything that she had planned. She hasn't had time to buy souvenirs to Shono Hayama and the others either (Shono played her little brother in Mare and her classmate in Aozora Yell. He asked her to buy souvenirs.  I think Ryota is included in "the others" :tongue: but it is safer to just mention Shono). It seems like her sister went to London with her as some fans saw her sister there too. Tao and her sister can be seen in the video on the second page. 

Tao's sister has Instagram too but I don't remember her account name. 

• Like 1

@Dramanoona You are contributing with your gifs and it is always nice to read your comments too :) Thank you for all your gifs! If it isn't too much of a burden to you, would you like to do a gif of the rubbing nose scene? I like the way they looked at each other there, especially Tao's glance after the rubbing-nose-movement. Thank you!

@Transition

Happy to share!

lRgbZk.gif

This is the first time I have seen a nose rub as such a romantic gesture.

Perfect as they are accepting that their relationship is no longer one of brother and sister. But a new beginning.

IMoSfU.gif

And I swear that this is the sweetest, most innocent kiss I have ever come across in any drama, be it Korean, Japanese or Chinese. Usually it two lips mushed together and awkward but they angled their lips perfectly. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dramanoona Thank you for the gifs! Yes, I think Tao and Ryota's rubbing-nose-gesture is very romantic too. I like everything in that scene, their glances, smiles and also how Ryota pouted his lips just before their noses touched. Their kiss was indeed very sweet and innocent. I have found the Chinese sub to the BTS of the church scene so I'll be back soon with the translation. 

@setokaonii It seems like Shono is quite close to Tao indeed. Yes, he calls her Nee-chan off-screen, although he was born in 1995 as well. He is probably used to it after Mare. Oh, so chocolate is the souvenir he asked her to buy? Interesting information you shared there with the different meanings of the chocolates. I hope Ryota will get the homemade ones too although it will be belated ones. Tao will be back in Japan on the 25th or 26th of February at the earliest. It will be nice if he posts his souvenir on his IG story like he did last time 

:tongue:.

Thank you for the compilation posts of Ryota and Tao that you have posted on IG! I really like them. I saw someone sharing your video of them (the one with Leola's song) on bilibili. Is that okay for you? Have they asked for your permission? The comments there were positive though. They liked it. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av19202702/

Btw, I found Tao's older sister's, Honaka's Instagram. For those who are interested here it is:

• Like 1

Ryota: It is very airy (here). 

Yudai: Good morning!

Ryota: What is this? 

Someone: Good morning!

Ryota: I'm very nervous....I *hears something (echo probably), looks around* Awesome.

Yudai: (He is) about to fall asleep.

Camera-man: At last, it ended with Takane being the cupid. 

Yudai: It seems like that, at last. I'm guessing towards the middle of (the movie) people would think "you are on the way" *laughs*

Camera-man: Do you think you are handsome?

Yudai: I can't help that I'm this handsome. *smiles*

Director: Ready, start!

Ryota: Why did you tell Setoka?

Yudai: (He) said so, you heard that, Setoka?

Yudai: Don't make Setoka cry.

Camera-man: This is the last scene with the three of you. 

Tao: Waa...it is the last. 

Staff1: Chiba-kun, this is it for you today. Is that okay?

Staff2: He came all the way from 仁央河 high school. 

Tao and Ryota: *laugh*

Yudai: *nods* There are other people who would like to go home earlier too. There's no such thing. 

Ryota: *laughs*

Yudai: You two...won't be blissful. 

Director: Okay. Cut.

Staff: Cut. Then Chiba-kun is done with filming today. It has been tough for you.

Yudai: It has been tough for you....

Ryota, Yudai and Tao posing for the camera.

Yudai: Thank you!

Camera-man: One more time.

Ryota: *laughs*

Camera-man: Okay. Cheese!

Yudai: Thank you! See you!

Ryota: See you!

Tao: See you tomorrow!

Yudai: I'll do my best!

Camera-man: It has been tough for you.

Yudai: It has been tough for you. 

Staff: Let go off me. Let go off me. 

Ryota: *laughs* I only relaxed a bit just now.  

Ryota: I''ll wait until you fall in love with me. 

Tao: I have already fallen for you.

Rehearsing with a staff member.

Ryota: *laughs* I didn't say anything just now. No, just now it wasn't me who made him laugh. 

Filming

Ryota: Setoka! You fool.

Director: Okay. Cut!

Staff: Ok...

Staff: Okay, you can get off work now. 

Tao: It has been tough for you! Everbody were so awesome!

Director: See you guys!

Tao: See you!

Director: See you next time. On the 11th.

Ryota: Was the filming okay?

Director: It was okay. It was okay. 

Tao: *laughs*

Ryota: See you.

Tao: It has been tough for you.  Good night!

Ryota: What did you think of (the filming)?

Tao: Ah...it was awesome. 

Ryota: (I) have said a lot of things...but..

Tao: Onii's...

Ryota: Was it okay?

Tao: It was okay. 

Ryota: It should be okay, right?

Tao: (Onii) is doing his best *rubs his arm*

Ryota: No...No...

Tao: Really. 

Ryota: It has been tough for you. 

Ryota: There's only one day left that we would get a chance to see each other.

Tao: That's true. There's only the last scene and the bus-scene left. 

Ryota: Indeed. 

Tao: It will be tough for Onii in the bus-scene. 

Ryota: No...

Tao and Ryota: It has been tough for you all!

Tao: Good night!

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4206571641119997

I like the way Ryota talked with Tao after the church-scene. It was very gentle. Aw, when he said they had only one day left to see each other I could feel that he was already starting to miss the times they were together. 

@setokaonii  Yes,  you are right. Ryota's mom is an English teacher while his dad is a music teacher. As for Tao, her dad is a CEO for a company and mom graduated from a musical school and is probably a music teacher too. Tao's grandpa is a doctor and some other of her relatives are doctors too. So Tao is from a well-off family and Ryota isn't that bad either, definitely at least middle-class. 

Tao doesn't mention her older sister as much as her younger brother so that's probably why you haven't heard of her. She isn't in the industry either while their brother is a voice-actor so this could be the reason why she doesn't get mentioned often. Honaka is the oldest child in the family, born 1992. Tao is the middle child born in 1995 and her younger brother was born in 1996. 

• Like 2

@setokaonii  Oh, so Ryota's family are all interested in music. No wonder he knows how to play the piano and also became a singer. Thank you for sharing the video where he talked about his family. 

As for the BTS, Ryota seemed very nervous indeed. Like you said he was laughing and playing around a lot and he also asked a few times if the filming was okay. Yes, can't blame him for being nervous. It was his first kiss after all :tongue:. Speaking of kisses, Ryota and Tao's first and second kiss were filmed quite close to one another. According to what Tao said in the BTS, the second kiss by the sea was filmed the day after. 

A picture of a store that I came across on IG.

• Like 2

@setokaonii  Thank you for sharing Tao and Ryota's IG updates! Ryota has been missing in action for a while so I was happy to see that he liked Tao's post and also posted a Valentine greetings afterwards.

Thank you for the clip of Genekou too. I just checked both of their "schedules". Tao will be having her last Pluto performance on the 14th of March in Osaka (Ryota's hometown). As for Ryota, he will be having concerts in China in March, 2-4th in Shenzhen, 9-11th in Beijing and 16-18th in Shanghai. 

So there's a gap of a few days between all the stops. Perhaps he will come to support her again on the 14th? ^_^

@Dramanoona Hihi...Sora goes well with these romantic gestures I guess and it has a special meaning to him as well :)

Someone at bilibili made a video of Tao for Valentine's day that I think is quite good. It includes clips of her dancing, her cms and also movies and dramas. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av19604924/?from=search&seid=5042996645879546806

• Like 1

On 2017-09-12 at 8:02 PM, Transition said:

In this article Ryota said that in the ending scene where Haruka thought Setoka was very cute he smiled without knowing it himself, it was a smile from the bottom of his heart. After thinking about this he thinks whenever Haruka is smiling it is the most real him. He thinks it is better to keep it that way because if he tried to hide his smile it would seem pretentious. Portraying a bit more realistic feeling is better. Although it is a comedy and there are a lot of impossible things with the story but the feelings are real. He is thankful that the script has made Haruka such a fleshed out and relatable character. It made him able to connect himself with the character. As the filming proceeded the will of wanting to make Haruka alive through his acting became stronger. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4116706702322510

I think the scene Ryota mentioned here is the one that you posted before when Tao kissed him by the sea. Too bad the clip wasn't longer or else we could have seen the smile which Ryota said was a smile that came naturally from the bottom of his heart. 

@setokaonii  I forgot to write to you yesterday regarding the last scene (the kiss by the sea). You are right about Ryota smiling for real in that scene. He mentioned that in the article above. It is a pity that it wasn't shown in the movie.

Thank you for sharing the IG clips with us. The girl was indeed very funny. It was hilarious when all the members came to Ryota's rescue at the end when she wanted to kiss him. 

Thank you for the youtube video! I haven't watched this part of the prank show before (I have watched the one with a guy and his parents). I was smiling throughout the whole clip. So the guys didn't recognize Tao until she introduced herself? Hihi...but that's understandable. There have been some people who have said that she is like a chameleon. She can look very different depending on what kind of hairstyle and make-up she has. The guys seemed really happy and envious of their friend though for being able to have Tao as girlfriend. She was so cute when she accidentally answered to the staff who was giving her instructions through her earpiece with a "Hai" ("Yes"). And the guys were like "Huh?" :lol:

• Like 2

@Dramanoona   Thank you for the gif of their second kiss! I would also like to see the extended version with Ryota's smile. I like the way he looked at her afterwards too :) .I'm also curious on what Onii would have said or done after the surprise kiss if the movie didn't end there. 

Here's the translations of Ryota's interview for the Chinese magazine Grazia. Credits go to 

@setokaonii  for sharing them here with us and also arrony1016_mxq @ Instagram for scanning the magazine. 

74gMFiL.jpg&key=9d7a795d7709a436c86a7745

By0MtZV.jpg&key=a0ee298a4192592bc367e7d4

When Ryota was trying the outfits he was curious and asked the staff who were discussing about a popular game called 恋与制作人 "Love and producers" why they were so happy. On the internet people had uploaded pictures that compared Ryota with a character in the game. Ryota said: "If we are looking at the pictures then it is indeed quite similar to my look in Anikoma but I'm not as handsome as he is. Thank you for your love, I'll continue to work hard to not lose out to him."

As a member of Generations of Exile Tribe, Ryota has been in the industry for 5 years. Although most people got to know him through Anikoma he actually likes being a singer more. He thinks he shines the most when he is on stage. He is also the happiest when he is able to produce his own works in studio. 

Nina Gawamika (a famous Japanese photographer) has said before: "He can become an uprising new star that can take on the dance stages in Asia" but the Ryota that we see is extremely warm and not conceited at all. 

When he was younger he wanted to become a diplomatist. Right now 80 % of his working time is in Japan but he also hopes he can try working overseas as well. He himself disclosed that he doesn't have any problem with languages: "I don't know why there have been rumours that my mother is an English teacher but when I was younger I did indeed study English diligently, I didn't have anything against using a foreign language to communicate with people. After answering our questions he would ask: "How is it in China?" with sparkling eyes. 

Q: In Anikoma, the proud image that you acted out is it similar to yourself?  Being the only child (in real-life) did you encounter any difficulties when you had to act the siblings-scenes?

"Not very similar, but I do have a bit of proudness in me. Even though I don't have a little sister I would try to create an image that makes everyone think "I'm very envious of these two siblings". Actually the most difficult part was the times I had to act angry, I'm not very good at showing my anger. There are times when I'm not happy but most of the times I would just be sulking". 

Q: In the original manga there are quite a lot of daring (I can't see the characters properly here but I'm guessing it is something similar to daring) scenes. Did you get worried at that time?

"Before I accepted the job I hadn't read the manga before, so after seeing a few of these (scenes) I did get startled. I have heard this manga is popular among female high-schoolers and school girls in junior high. At that time I thought: "Females do get mature earlier." As for my bottomline. For me it is actually okay. As long as it is reasonable".

Q: If you were to give a fashion item that symbolizes your home to these people who you are taking photo-shoots with, what would it be?

"Geta (Japanese traditional footwear of wood), there's a Japanese characteristic and there's also a lot of different colours and styles to choose from". 

Q: At the end of last year for Christmas you said you hoped that you would be able to have "some heartfluttering feelings". Has it come true?

"I got a little bit excited by myself and then Christmas just passed by like that..."

• Like 3

Tao's instagram post 180215:

On Valentine's day in Japan it is mostly girls who would give presents (to guys). In this world there are different ways to spend Valentine's day. In Europe, I have heard you would make a vow of love. It is so beautiful, especially if it is written down into words. 

Yesterday was the first time I spent Valentine's day in Europe. I got a white rose...! It looks very good, the way the ribbon was knotted isn't usual in Japan, it looks very cute. Thank you for the beautiful flower. 

This has already become a beautiful memory of mine.

Tao's instagram post 180215:

Looking at this white rose under the sunlight that shines into the room, it looks very nice. I want to, step by step, become a woman like that (like the white rose). 

Tao got a flower on Valentine's day. I wonder who gave it to her...someone among the cast and crew? Or perhaps someone on the street? There was for example a man that works for public transport in Sweden (a country in Europe as well)  that gave out red roses to passengers yesterday. Getting white rose on Valentine is quite unique though. I'm trying to not think that Ryota has another love-rival :tongue:

Here's a short but sweet video of Ryota and Tao that I came across on IG. 

• Like 3

From 2017, a confession to a friend? Tao got a bit embarrassed afterwards :tongue:

This doesn't really have anything to do with Ryota and Tao but I just thought of sharing what other foreign people think about Tao.

The Beligian director's (for Pluto) review of Tao's performance:

SCHIZOPHRENIC PERFORMANCE
“Tao was a revelation for me,” Cherkaoui says of the young actress. “She took the role this year and I was amazed by her intelligence in how she approached the project. It’s so hard for a 22-year-old actress to play both a little girl and a mature woman; she’s right in the middle of these two as a person. So it’s fascinating to see her find those characters and constantly, almost schizophrenically, switch between the two depending on the scene that we are doing. She’s doing an incredible job, I’m really proud of her and I’m in awe of what she’s managed to do in the last couple of weeks.”

http://www.mymbuzz.com/2018/01/30/astro-boy-play-pluto-director-sidi-larbi-cherkaoui-the-barbican/

Roxy Simons' of mymbuzz review:

Each actor gives an incredible performance, but it is Tao Tsuchiya’s role as both Helena and Atom’s little sister Uran that is the most impressive. At only 22-years-old, Tsuchiya has already become quite popular in her home country and seeing her perform on stage makes it clear why that’s the case. She wholly embodies her characters, transforming from one to the other in the blink of an eye. She subtly changes her movements to bring each character to life, Uran is energetic and childish, while Helena is demure and soft-spoken. The two couldn’t be further from each other, but Tsuchiya makes it look easy, a tell-tale sign of just how much work she’s putting into her characterisations of the two women.

https://www.mymbuzz.com/2018/02/14/pluto-at-the-barbican-review/

• Like 2