[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

Hello everyone! Just dropping by to say hi to you all. I hope that everyone has been healthy and well. I’ve been busy the past months that why I haven’t been in touch her but sometimes I check and read your updates. Thank you for keeping our thread going by sharing info and updates about our beloved couple. 

I’m sure you’ve seen this new video of Tao posted on YT today. She looks so beautiful. She’s prettiest pregnant woman I’ve seen. It just shows how happy she is with her life. And I’m happy seeing her happy, healthy and pretty. 

I’ll drop by again sometime. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

@setokaonii Yes, Tao said she wore her own outfits for the livevideo/promotionspictures for Daimaijin so it should be her own accessories that she is wearing there. I agree. There shouldn't be a problem for her to show her own wedding ring. I think the trip to Yokohama was a private one so Tao was probably the one who took the picture.

Thank you for sharing the videos and pictures! Tao is so smart for being able to learn how to play the piano by herself. Ah. So her mother has some background in music. No wonder they have had a piano at home since Tao was a child.

@jerseyno13 Hi! Nice to see you again! Thank you! I'm good. I'm on my maternal leave with my second son so it isn't as hectic as before when I had to work but it could still be a handful with two children. 

Thank you for sharing the clip of Tao! I agree. She is the most beautiful pregnant woman I have seen as well. Ever since she got pregnant she has been glowing and there's no trace of swelling or tiredness. From I have read she wasn't able to escape from morning sickness though. Fortunately she didn't suffer from it at the beginning when she had to film "Daimajin".

• Like 1

Ryota is going to be one of the hosts for the show Bachelor season 5. They had a press conference a few days ago where he was asked if his wife (Tao) would get angry at him. He said that she doesn't really get angry. She would be considerate of him and help him out. They both follow/affect each other. The hosts asked him if she would point out things that he doesn't do correctly eg. "Close the lid to the detergent properly!" Ryota said she doesn't talk like that. She would change the way of saying like "It would be better if you do it like this".

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1VP411r7FH

Aw. This is the first time that Ryota reveals how they interact after their announcement. It is also the first time that people refers Tao as Ryota's wife. Their relationship seems so sweet and peaceful.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. How are you? Hope you are feeling well. Thank you for keeping this thread updated. I just got the time to reply here. It has been a busy week for me but I will try to catch up and follow slowly.

@jerseyno13 Hi! Thank you for taking your time replying here. Nice to see you here again. Thank you so much for sharing the video of Tao. I agree with you. She looks so pretty, glowing and happy. :wub:

@Transition Thank you very much for sharing the translation and video of Ryota talked about his married life! Lol the detergent part was funny. Aw, they seem to have a good communication and treating each other very well. Glad that he is now can talk a bit about his married life and able to reply to such questions. I have a big smile on my face when the guy said Okusan (your wife). :P

Anyway, the final live performance of Battle of Tokyo (BOT) will be held in Osaka right? I wonder if Ryota's family and Tao will be there? We will see. Also, according to fans who went to see BOT last week, Ryota played piano when they were singing Sora, it was such a moving performance.

• 2 weeks later...

@setokaonii It doesn't seem like Tao went to BOT. Probably because it can be quite crowded at concerts? 

Ryota went to a talk show recently where he was asked about relationship-related questions. He revealed that he would secretly try to find out the shoesize of his girlfriend's and then buy shoes for her, carry the bag for her, arrange surprise birthday parties for her and also ask clerks at boutiques about which clothes they recommend that he buys to her based on her height.

(Aw. He seems like a really sweet boyfriend/husband.)

The weird thing is that despite that he is married they still asked him about his ideal girlfriend criteria. He answered girls who like animals. 

According to fans, Ryota has said before that he won't have to answer to that question once he has gotten married. I think he is getting tired of that question. It wouldn't be necessary for him to answer either since the way his wife is would be a good description of what his ideal partner criteria is.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4926328266301470

Here's the link to the show. I think some parts are missing though.

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ah4y1j7PP

• Like 1

@Transition Yes, you are right. It doesn't seem like Tao went there. It is not like the usual GENE tour which only Gene performed on the stage. Another different groups under LDH were also performed in BOT as well. So, it is not that unusual if she did not attend to see the performance. Besides that, with that big belly of her to travel to a place with a lot of people, I do not think it is suitable.

Thank you so much for sharing the translations of the video and the links! Aww, he is so sweet towards his partner, just like what we can see before where he carried Tao's bag when they were in Yokohama. All the things he mentioned, I am sure he already did it for Tao. Tao is so lucky to have someone that is sweet and caring like Ryota. I think in the same video (the full version), he mentioned that being spoiled (pampered) by each other (with partner) is the best. The host asked if he is doing it when he is tired or on daily basis (everyday), he said on daily basis. I will try to find and watch it again I forgot. Lol Indeed. Why did they ask him the criteria of women he likes even though they knew he is married? Heh girls who like animal? ;)

P/s: I found the clip. At 9:49. Here is the link: https://b23.tv/fiq5cer

The official teaser for Tao's upcoming movie 'Matching' that is out, scheduled to release in February 2024.

Also, it was announced that Ryota will appear in "Horror Story Summer Special Edition 2023" broadcasting on 19th August on FujiTV. 

Here, the article where Ryota mentioned about the scary moments he had recently. Haha the cockroach part cracked me up.

Anyway, regarding Tao's due date, I wonder why did some people say it is around end of July until early August? My gut is telling me that Tao might be giving birth near the end of August (that's what I always think since the start). I wonder if it will be before or after Ryota's birthday. Nevertheless, hoping Tao a safe delivery and healthy baby. Talking about baby, here is the photo collage of RyoTao when they were kids to teenagers to beautiful adults. Their children will be so beautiful just like them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvpMOTQvTme

Oh, I just re-uploaded an old edit of RyoTao moments in Okinawa that I have shared in this thread before.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvbwr1YgEH_

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing the show that Ryota went to. Based on earlier interviews that we have discussed a few years ago I knew he would be a nice boyfriend/husband but I didn't know that he is the type that would show his love often (I thought he would be more like the one who does things for his family but isn't vocal about his love for them). So when he said he would say "I love you/l like you a lot" to his girlfriend often and now he revealed he would act spoiled/cute in front of her, that's a pleasant surprise. 

Yes, I also think he has done those things to Tao. Regarding choosing clothes for her, since she is petite not all clothes would match her. I'm petite myself so some clothes like trench coats or long cardiagans don't really match my figure. So getting advice from clerks is a smart thing to do.

Thank you for sharing the teaser to Tao's new movie. Seems like a scary/creepy movie.

Thank you for sharing the news about the special horror story that Ryota will be in. When I saw this on Twitter I thought it was the same production as the one where the rest of Gene members are in.

Regarding Tao's due date. I thought it was June at first because I thought she was 3 months pregnant when they made the announcement. Usually you wouldn't want to tell people that you are pregnant before the first trimester since there's a higher risk for miscarriage during the early stage. So that's probably why people have been guessing June/July. I guess Ryota and Tao had already decided beforehand that they will announce their coming marriage on the 1st of January so the pregnancy was a bonus that they decided to announce at the same time.

• Like 1

@Transition I think Ryota also said he is not shy doing that as the hosts can see what he was doing to the camera. Yeah, I remember you have shared before in 2019 the video of Ryota and Chiba were in the same program where Ryota mentioned that he is not shy, like for example he would say "I like/love you" to his girlfriend when he says goodbye. Chiba and the other guy were kinda surprise (because the two are not as brave as he is lol. He sets the bar too high). He is not afraid of showing and expressing his affection. The link: https://b23.tv/ElU1837

If I'm not mistaken, it was on the same program where Ryota said he is still remember everything about his ex (since the other two were asking and talking about about their exes). 

Talking about ex, I think in an old article interview of Ryota in 2018 that @Transition translated and shared before, Ryota said "When I was young, I mostly asking things from my lover. When you are in your teens, isn't it normal to think that "love" is about acting cute/spoiled or that your lover is that towards you? But I don't want that anymore. If it is going to be that way wouldn't the same things repeat all the time? I want us to become a pair of lovers who would put love into making up for each other's flaws. If she can act cute/spoiled then she can do that too". 

I wonder how long his previous relationship last (in junior high school) because I heard they broke up because Ryota wants to pursue his dream as a singer. As for Tao, as we know I think Ryota is her first boyfriend because girl doesn't even want to think about love at all just work work work work work. Well, puppy love and real love are different.

Who still remember Ryota's first photobook [Goodbye, White]? "It is you that make me understand the real meaning of this term "genuine tender love". I wonder if he was actually talk about Tao there. That's what we thought right?

It seems that Ryota has two (2) horror themed projects this year, one drama and one movie.

Regarding Tao's due date, there are few different information. Mari Natsuki said in an article it will be end of July. Someone who worked with Tao in the past, S-KEN who acted as Tao's grandfather in Prelude attended The Miracle of Pinnochio stage in June said about three months after their meeting, Tao will give birth. I do not know which one is true. I personally think it might be between mid to end-August.

@setokaonii I like how mature and straightforward Ryota is in a relationship. 

In the latest ViVi interview he was asked a few relationship-related questions since he is one of the MCs for the new season of Bachelor.

He was asked how he would make make the one he cares for take notice of him quickly. 

He said he is like the previous contenders. He would like them to be able to communicate peacefully and naturally. So when they (he and the girl) are together he would like her to feel that it is easy to talk with him and when she is with him she would feel relaxed. He would also like her to tell him about her worries.

He was asked what he thinks is imporant if he was the Bachelor. 

He answered that how she looks isn't the most important. What he thinks is more important is if they can connect with each other when it comes to their inner-selves.

He was asked what kind of questions he would ask her to be able to see whether they can connect/click with each other.

He said questions like "during your lifetime when was it the toughest for you?" If she overcame it, how did she do it. If not how was she able to learn to live with it. Asking those questions would help him to know her character more. 

He was asked how he would like his date to be like. He said he likes sea very much so he really anticipates

scenarios where you can talk with each other with the sea in front of you. You wouldn't feel bored and you can say things honestly.

They also asked him if his mood has changed after getting married. He said there's isn't a huge difference. The biggest difference is that he wants to work even harder. He thinks it is an opportunity to increase his ambition.

People often say that dating and marriage are two different things so they asked what Ryota thinks is the most important with marriage. He thinks that when couples date and then break-up it is usually because there's something that has happened that they can't forgive. He thinks it is probably because people think "things that can't be forgiven" is more important than "the good things". He thinks if only we can forgive more...or rather if we can accept each other and respect each other. That's how we can "win" (instead of breaking up). He thinks that if you are able to do that you won't just be able to become lovers but also each other partners for life.

He was asked what he can't forgive. He said that although he is stubborn, he isn't someone who can't take a step back nor someone who insists on something. He thinks he is rather flexible as a person.

https://weibo.com/6157094339/4933316589915675

• Like 2

@Transition Thank you so much for the translations of ViVi interview! I like the way he answered all those questions. It sounds like a healthy relationship. I feel like he answered them based on his own experience. That is right, the inside of someone is important more than the outside. We knew a long time ago that Ryota likes sea. Aww, it is so sweet to read that he wants to work even harder (of course because he needs to support his little family now).

Anyway, you might already read this but here is the special interview of Tao for 'Biteki' September Issue.

Tao said:

"Pregnancy has changed my taste in food, my skin texture has changed, and my view of the world has changed. I honestly could not imagine the big changes that will happen in the future, but I am sure it will be a plus in my life and in my acting! I think positively".

Btw, here is the video of Ryota and Tao co-incidently did the same hand-movement of 'Love You More'. I posted it before in this thread few years ago.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv0wawYAYFa

• Like 1

@setokaonii Yes, after knowing more of Ryota's view of love I feel even more assured than before that Tao is in good hands.

I don't know if this is confirmed yet but I read on weibo that Tao has given birth to a baby boy. Congratulations to Tao and Ryota if it is true! :) Hope both Tao and the baby are doing well.

• Like 1

@Transition Eh???? Really?? I was just making a joke on my IG story regarding Tao's finger interlinked with baby's finger (it was from her post on IG last year). When did she give birth?? Why didn't they announce officially on IG? Where the Weibo user got the info that she has given birth?? 'Sora Katayose' sounds good if they want to name their child hahah :P 

Let's wait for the official announcement and report.

I read the article from Josei Seven that Tao has given birth, so it means that before the article was published today, that 'source' already knew she has given birth. I'm not sure if the 'source' from in the article is reliable or not. Some japanese fans were asking and wonder if she actually delivered earlier. If the article is true that she has delivered a baby, I wonder why Tao still hasn't announce it. I'm sure fans would like to hear this happy news from them directly. She got time to post the new post today (photos from Noto trip again), but not about the baby and her delivery. She said on IG that she will continue to post photo from the Noto trip again later. So, I guess her next post will still not be about her delivery and baby. Ryota seems busy too. Maybe if everything is alright and stable, they will announce it soon?

Btw, Ryota will be on Mezamashi in the morning but I think it will be about Minna no Uta and his new horror drama.

Also, in the same article, it was mentioned that Tao will comeback after child birth and will get involved with large-scale drama production (I hope she could rest a bit).

I'm still waiting for the baby announcement and report. :P

• Like 1

Guys, somehow I feel like Tao has not yet given birth because why they are taking so long to announce such a happy news. It's weird. It doesn't sound like the RyoTao that we know of. I don't think they want to hide a good news from their fans. It's either the news from Josei Seven is fake (not born yet so, no news for RyoTao to report) or they just want to take their time before they can reveal it. Let's wait for RyoTao to announce it.

Since there is still no announcement, let's watch this show of Tao singing with Taiking at Venue101. :D

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1x14y1a7T1

• Like 1

I was watching Mare. I thought that there are parts that I can relate to the current Tao, like the day Mare found out that she is pregnant, how she told Keita (Kento) the happy news and they were so happy and excited, the part of Keita nervously waiting for Mare in the hospital and Mare giving birth, the moments after they become the new parents where they don't get enough sleep. It's so funny and chaos.

Here is the link if you want to watch the cut version of Mare. The parts that I mentioned above are from these episodes: Episode '127-129' and '130-132'. 

Link: https://b23.tv/QDkYvuU

Anyway, the length of a pregnancy counted as 10 months in Japan. In the many countries, mostly 9 months while in Japan it's 10 months.

Remember I said before the tweet from S-Ken who went to see The Miracle of Pinocchio stage play? Here is the tweet.

"And she is starring in a performance directed by Mari Natsuki, who dances even though she is about to give birth three months later"- S-Ken (June 18, 2023)

• Like 1

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing the videos of DEEP's version of Sora! I haven't heard of the other versions before.

In this article Tao mentioned how her preferences of food changed during pregnancy. Before she liked to eat meat and sushi but now (during pregnancy) she thinks eating potato chips at evening (around 11 pm) with her family is the most delicious. She didn't like to eat desserts before but now she enjoys eating it with her family.

https://weibo.com/3753366675/4938225053335670

When Tao says family she probably means Ryota. She hasn't been living with her parents since a few years ago (around 2018-2019). 

• Like 1

.@Transition Thank you for sharing the translation of the article! Pregnancy really got her changing preferences in food. Meat and sushi have always been her favourite foods but bye bye for now you will be missed lol. Spending time eating good and delicious foods with your loved one such as eating potato chips and dessert together with your family aka husband sounds sweet. She is technically right, Ryota now has became parts of her family haha.

Thank you too for sharing the information of Ryota's new drama. So, it is a love comedy drama? He seems so busy lately. Has he started filming for the drama yet? I try to get some information on the manga. Looks like the manga has 14 chapters not 14 volumes which is quite short? Is the manga still continuing or it is just a short manga and Ryota will just play a short drama? But I saw on Japanese site currently it has until volumes 17 (chapter 68). Was I looking on the wrong site lol. It seems the story is about a retired 'stage actor' who is the boss/successor of the company that the FL works for. The FL watches the theater that the ML acted in and becomes her oshii (favourite) not knowing until the next days that he is actually the boss of the company that she works at. 

Yeah, parents of newborn would usually get really busy especially in this early stage. I hope that Ryota will be able to balance it all between singing, acting and family. I believe that both Tao and Ryota can do it.

P/s:

Btw, the FL Airi Suzuki is currently dating professional football player, Ao Tanaka, as what I read. She announced it herself on her blog in March last year.

http://www.airisuzuki.net/2022/03/2022-03-27-050643-to-everyone.html?m=1

https://ameblo.jp/airisuzuki-officialblog/entry-12734127301.html

The guy also held an online press conference to confirm reports that he and Airi Suzuki are dating.

Aww, that's cute. I read that they are seriously dating on the premise of marriage (remind me of RyoTao).

• Like 1

@setokaonii Yes, Ryota has already started filming the new drama. Some fans of the female lead saw the two of them filming together a few days ago. The female lead was also born in 1994 and is a singer as well. 

Thank you for sharing the synopsis of the manga/drama! It is good to know that the actress is in a stable relationship in real-life. Less worries for both parties.

In Tao's latest vacationpicture with her siblings she wore her wedding ring.

https://weibo.com/3753366675/4938421657669972

• Like 1