[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

Sorry for not posting for so long. I had a cold that made me very tired so I haven't been able to work either and have basically only eaten and slept these past 1-2 weeks. I'm feeling better now though :)

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing the news clips of RyoTao's marriage! It makes me happy too watching them. Also whenever they call them husband-wife in news clips and articles. Thank you for sharing the magazine interview with Ryota! I think it is natural too for couples who were first friends to continue calling each other by first name. My husband and I call each other by first name too. 

Thank you for sharing the link of Tao in Australia! It has been a while since I watched Tao in a variety show. She seems different (in a good way). She seems more confident and doesn't get "lost" in words often like she used to do :p

• Like 1

Aw. This is so cute. Komatsu Nana and Suda Masaki were on Paris fashion week together. Nana introduced Masaki as her husband :)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpe73F9jNqW/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I don't expect to see RyoTao together on any fashion events (since I don't think they usually go to those?) but it would be nice to see them appear as a married couple sometime in the future like for a magazine or something like Eikura Nana and Kaku Kento. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Transition No, you don't have to say sorry. No worries. I hope you are feeling better now. Please take care of your health.

Thank you for sharing the video of Nana Komatsu and Suda Masaki on Paris fashion week. Aww, so Nana introduced her husband, Suda Masaki to the other person. Me too, I think it's imposibble to see RyoTao together on any fashion events but I would love to see them appear in any programme or tv shows or perhaps working together in movie/drama (Although I know it will never happen especially since they have announced their marriage). Any directors please choose RyoTao as your main casts of your project. A story of their love story would be a good idea for a movie/drama. Lol see I'm still hoping. Kawai kantoku onegaii.

Btw, I have made this short FMV which summarize RyoTao's love story. I haven't done this kind of video in a while, sorry for the imperfections. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpkkwoRgCP9/

• 2 weeks later...

@setokaonii Thank you! I'm better now. :)

Thanks for sharing your video! I think you did a good job summarizing RyoTao's love story. I like the song you chose too. 

Tao and her siblings had dinner yesterday with the music producer for her short film. Netizens noticed that Tao had a diamond ring on her left ringfinger in the picture. It is most likely her wedding ring. :) Wonder why Japanese artists don't wear their wedding rings on events? I understand that they have to take it off during filming or concerts but I don't understand why they can't have them on when they are themselves or when there is minimal risk of losing it due to singing/dancing? Tao and Ryota and other artists haven't been seen wearing their wedding ring on events (of what I have noticed). Except for maybe Akira from Exile The Second. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4882070013481895

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Transition Thank you for sharing the photo of Tao with diamond ring on her left ringfinger! So, there is thing like that too where artists don't wear ring on events. Sad. I saw the current tour rehearsal photo of Ryota that he shared on his IG story, it seems like he is wearing a ring on his right ringfinger. I don't know if it just another normal ring that he usually use for styling or if it is a special ring for him. I have to zoom in and increase the brightness of the photo to see it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqQQzHTPNiu/

Anyway, it seems like Tao has moved out that's why she has been busy this past week according to her post on IG today. Hope she can live comfortably in her new home. Speaking of new home, I recently watched a tv shows where Ryota went to visit this one big house for the shows where this person live with his family. I wonder if he thinks he could live in that kind of house one day because if I were him I would want to if the house is that big lmao.

Tao's IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqUfLBdJnV-/
The link of the tv shows: https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1Gj4113787

Also, someone said that Ryota's grandmother is in the hospital where her sister work at and recently Tao came to visit his grandmother, she knew who she/he is even if she/he don't wear a hat (I don't know if she was talking about Tao or Ryota or both).
So, they are still covering themselves up even when they are outside. (I guess it's just a mask and hat). 

https://twitter.com/yokokunn45/status/1639966271700889602?s=21

Speaking of covering up, Gene members were seen on shinkansen at Tokyo Station. Just six of them except Ryuto because he was not there. They didn't even trying to hide themselves. Ryota was wearing glasses and a hat, and only one other person was wearing a mask. Here, the twitter link of the user who saw them.

https://twitter.com/gene_mania/status/1639997873730510850?s=12

https://twitter.com/gene_mania/status/1640009573414375424?s=21

Talking about sightings, it reminds me of the day when someone saw RyoTao on Shinkansen (I think I posted it here early this year after they announced their marriage and pregnancy) but I said I don't know where they are heading to. I look at the tweet back (which now has been deleted) and according to the user, they got off the shinkansen from Tokyo in Osaka. I wonder if they were actually in Osaka visiting Ryota's family home.

Edited by setokaonii

• 2 weeks later...

@setokaonii Thanks for sharing the pictures of Ryota with the ring. Yes, it is hard to see what kind of ring it is. It could be his wedding ring or just another ring. It is hard to tell.

I saw Tao's IG post too. She mentioned that she has moved place 3 times since she turned 21. This time is the only time she has hired a moving company to help her. Probably because she is pregnant and also because there are more things to move as well (her and Ryota's things). 

I have heard about someone seeing Tao visiting Ryota's grandma at the hospital. It is good to see that they seem to know each other family members well. Regarding that time when RyoTao was spotted on a Shinkansen, I have heard too that the route was from Tokyo to Osaka. So like you said, they both were most likely going to visit his family. 

I have been watching RyoTao's videos many times at bilibili. I especially like this users' videos. She has made 5 videos in total of their love story. One of them is a video comparing how different Ryota is when he is with Tao compared to other female co-stars. As a fan of the couple, I thought it was obvious before their announcement but apparently some people didn't see it until now :p Some people even thought he seemed distant to Tao and seemed closer to Ito (Tao's friend and the second female lead in Anikoma).

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1eW4y1G7C8?unique_k=O9Fybxx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Transition I think it was a wise choice to hire a moving company to help them moving out especially since she is pregnant. Besides that, Ryota seems busy too so it would help them save their time and energy.

Thank you for sharing the link of RyoTao’s video! I really appreciate this user for making those videos because I know it takes a lot of time to make those edits from choosing the specific clips to a song to compile and made it to a full video. Lol not some of them thought that Ryota and Ito looked closer. I could only see Ryota and Ito’s interaction in Anikoma BTS and no other than that. :D

Anyway, here is the video when Anikoma casts were promoting Anikoma in April 2017. Ryota said that Tao wants to record this interview and show it to her children and grandchildren. Now Tao can show this interview and talk to her child about these ikemen. :P One of the ikemen is actually her husband and her child's dad. :lol::phew:

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqr5Jz-Phsk/

Translation for 2nd video:

MC: Tsuchiya-san. How was the role surrounded by handsome guys?

Tao: It was a unique experience. I was very grateful and had a great time. Thank you very much.

~~Skip to other parts~~

The ikemen talk about their memories with Tao and has to choose the one that left the biggest impression on her.

1: Ryota mentioned about the 'throat lozenge' that he gave Tao that he always use while nervous. 

2: Yudai Chiba mentioned that he and Tao worked together when she was a teenager. He has taken a picture of them two and want to take a photo again with the same pose.

3: Takuya Kusakawa mentioned that Tao talked to him that she likes meat and showed him the photos of meat that she herself has captured.

~What is Tao Tsuchiya's choice?~

Tao: Is it more interesting for the program to choose this? (to record now). I want to tell my descendants (children and grandchildren) these wonderful stories.

Ryota: What are you saying? What are you saying??? (He said it the second time :lol:)

Tao: Huwaa! I can't decide.

Chiba Yudai (and the others): Well then, please give my best regards to your descendants. (bowing)

Tao: Certainly.

--------

Credit: Transition@soompi AKA MigratoryBirdhouniao@youtube (1st video) ; asumin_1004@twitter (2nd video)

Edited by setokaonii

Guys, finally we can see her baby bump in Tao's latest IG post. :blush: I thought she would never share the current full photo of herself (where we can see her bump). Thank you Tao for posting! Oh, she's talking about marathon here remind me of the day back then when we were discussing if Ryota was actually talking about Tao in his blog (October 2016) during Anikoma filming. Time sure flies.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqxOpDmppbi

@setokaonii I think some of Ryota's fans felt "threatened" by Tao so they tried to convince themselves that RyoTao didn't seem close. 

Thank you for sharing the clips of Tao saying she would like to show the promotional clips to her children and grandchildren! :) It is funny rewatching the clips again. Like you said one of the ikemen is her husband now. :p

Yes, I thought it was a pleasant surprise too that Tao posted pictures of her with the baby bump. She is probably around 5 months pregnant now. I know many people have guessed that they are having a baby girl but looking at the size of her tummy I think it might be a boy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Transition Yes! I think that it might be a boy too by looking the shape of her belly. The baby bumps rest lower. I am #boyteam! Who's with me? Hehe. Anyway, whether it is a boy or girl, I just hope that both Tao and the baby are in good health.

Btw, have you guys watched the TikTok dance for Ryota's song 'Unmei' (Fate/Destiny)? Hono-san is the one who choreographed the TikTok dance. She is Tao's friend who attended the same college as Tao at Japan Women's College of Physical Education. Another friend of Tao and Hono, Ai-san is also supporting them. Love to see their friendships.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8nonGYd/

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8W11Gdo/

The correlation:

https://instagram.com/stories/setokaonii/3079683355940232728

@setokaonii I think it is a boy too. We seem to be a minority though if I look at the comments on weibo :p

Thank you for the links!

I saw your IG story of RyoTao doing a similiar dance on Tiktok and then someone at weibo explained that it was choreographed by Tao's friend. It seems like this friend celebrated Tao's birthday with her this year (it says "Happy Wedding" on the cake too so people are speculating that RyoTao might have registered their marriage on her birthday?)

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4890161810768275

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Transition Thank you for sharing the link and info of what was written on the cake! Aww it's so sweet to see her friends celebrating her birthday (and marriage). I have no idea at all when did they actually register their marriage since they are quite secretive about it. It could be way before her birthday or perhaps they did actually register it on her birthday as people speculated (which is so sweet). Remember Anikoma special numbers/date: nii(2) san(3) / 2023. Nevertheless, I just hope that their marriage registration goes well. I wonder when will be the wedding ceremony. Hopefully one day they would be able to share with us their photo.

Btw, recently I have been watching old ヨセFM (Yose FM) and in this one episode there was a fan asking Ryota what he was saying during the Shibuya Note. Start at 10:20.

ヨセFM#31 2021.10.13

Credit: Uploader

Translations:

Ryota was reading the comments~

Ryota: Ah, Shibuya Note. Is it on Saturday? It was on Saturday a few days ago, right?

Fan: Please tell me the story of reuniting with Tao-chan.

Ryota: I was asked about my impressions (of the performance) and was asked "how was it?" 

It seemed like his voice coudn't be heard at that time because he didn't have a mic on.

Ryota: It was amazing and I asked when will be the next time I could see such a great band again. It was not included (in the recording of what he was saying) *rolling eyes*. That's what I was talking about over there. It was a live broadcast at that time, but my voice didn't seem to be recorded.

The show that Ryota was talking about:

On 10/19/2021 at 5:29 AM, ryotatao9495 said:

Tao wanted to know Ryota’s comment? And Ryota talked happily without a micro? 

Gene has just finished their 2 days Live Tours 2023 "The Best" in Tokyo (April 22 - April 23) and there is rumour circulating that Tao went to the live tour.

I'm not surprised if Tao was actually there because we all knew that she has been to Gene's live tour for many times before. Besides that, she is the wife of one of the members (Ehem Ryota) who bear the child of his so it's not weird at all if Tao was really there. How I wish she could post on her IG about her experience going to that live tour/concert but I know it's really impossible lol. 

Edited by setokaonii

There was another sighting of RyoTao.

"Ryota Katayose's grandmother was hospitalized at the hospital in Yao, and I was surprised to see her with Ryota Katayose and Tao Tsuchiya :open_mouth:"

P/s: Oba-chan (おばちゃん) means Aunt, Obaa-chan (おばあちゃん) means Grandma (or old lady). Both are used to refer to an old lady. So, this person was generally saw RyoTao with an old lady. In this context, the old lady could be Ryota's grandmother.

------------------------------

Remember yesterday there was a person who saw Ryota and Tao as well when he was eating (morning tweets). That is the day when Ryota and Gene had a performance later in the evening for "FM802 SPECIAL LIVE Kiyo Bank REQUESTAGE 2023" which was held in Osaka-Jo Hall. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrnqEFtPE-P/

So, I once thought yesterday that maybe Tao was with him in Osaka since it's Golden Week (a long national holidays in Japan that take place within one week start from end of April to early May: Showa Day (April 29), Constitution Day (May 3), Greenery Day (May 4), and Children's Day (May 5). So, with this other information of other people who saw RyoTao in Yao, Osaka. My assumption earlier is correct then that they were both in Osaka. Perhaps, Tao wants to enjoy the holidays first before continuing her works for the fan meeting events later in May.

There was also a tweet mentioned that Ryota's parents were also there.

(It makes sense for them to be there since his parents are from Osaka).

Edited by setokaonii

Fans who attended the fan event, Pheonix Fes Tao Tsuchiya 15th Anniversary mentioned that Tao's belly is getting bigger and she was naturally rubbing her tummy. At the end of the event, Tao mentioned about 'little' guest in her tummy and the reason to hold this event. As an actress, she wants to convey "life". The state of being pregnant is one of them. She wants to show the fans the 'me now' (showing such a figure becoming a mother).

Also, someone mentioned that Honoka-san (Tao's friend) was also there at the event and did the choreograph of 'Koidaro' together. As we know, Honoka-san is the person who choreographed for Ryota's Unmei/Destiny on TikTok.

Spoiler

"Honoka-san appeared and we were able to choreograph “Koidaro” together, and I was moved. At the same time, the choreography for "Destiny" is also really wonderful, so I thought from the bottom of my heart that it would be great if it spreads more:blush:. Thank you very much for Ryota-kun's wonderful destiny choreography."

Spoiler

"Thank you very much! It was a happy time for me to be able to dance with everyone in a live performance of the dance I choreographed. I also think that it would be great if wonderful songs and dances could reach the people :relieved::star:, so I'm happy to hear that."

Btw, Tao and her siblings went to Noto, Ishikawa the other day. It's hot there according to the news.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/kanazawa/20230420/3020014898.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrrbSDCy1N_

And yesterday, an earthquake hits Ishikawa Prefecture with a magnitude of 6.3. Luckily Tao was not there when the earthquake happened. I hope everyone is safe.

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 tweets per post. Please put any other in the spoiler tag. Thanks!

@setokaonii Thank you for all of your updates! Even though RyoTao are still being low-profiled on social media about their relationship at least they don't need to hide anymore when they are off-schedule. That's why people have been seeing them together lately, like visiting Ryota's grandma together, eating-out together and Tao going to Gene's concert etc. 

It seems like Ryota mentioned on Genetalk that he has recently moved to a new house. (Tao wrote about moving to a new place too on IG a while ago).

Thank you for sharing the tweets about Tao's 15th anniversary. Aw, I can imagine Tao rubbing her belly often. I did that too during my two pregnancies. That's our way to show love to the little life in there. 

I just saw on Twitter that Tao most likely will be in this drama that will air in July. That's when her other work (the theater?) starts too, right? I hope she will have time to rest before the baby comes. 

@Transition You are welcome. :) I'm glad that we could at least know their whereabouts although they are still being low-profiled. (I want more lol)

Thank you for sharing about Ryota's moving information on Genetalk. Ryota said in Genetalk that he used to live in Takanawa, Minato one time ago. The first place that he lived after coming to Tokyo was at Kamimachi, Setagaya and then at Daikanyama, Shibuya. 

Spoiler

According to japanese fans, Minato ward is a luxury residential area. Same goes to Setagaya ward. Also, Daikanyama, Shibuya is often described as 'Brooklyn of Tokyo'. It is good to know that Ryota lived in that kind of places and areas. Although we know that the rent in Tokyo is high, I think it is not a problem for Ryota since he is a celebrity who is afford to live in the expensive areas.

By the way, talking about Setagaya, Tao is actually from Setagaya. I have read it somewhere before that Tao parents' house is located in Setagaya Ward, Tokyo. Tao previously lived in her parents' house (before she lived by herself and with Ryota) and seems to go to work and college from there. Japan Women's College of Physical Education which Tao attended is also located at Setagaya. Remember this program below where Tao, Chiba and Ryota were together promoting Anikoma? It was filmed at Setagaya. No wonder Tao was easily bumped into the mom of her sister childhood friend while they were shooting the program because it was filmed at her hometown. 

However, according to this fans tweet in 2021, it seems that Tao has moved from her home in Setagaya Ward where she lived for many years to Meguro Ward.

Spoiler

Thank you for the information of Tao's new drama in July. So, Tao will be in a detective drama. I remember before during Anikoma promotion, in Okinawa interview, they were asked what kind of movie that Tao and Ryota would want to act in if they were to act again the future and they answered they would like to try doing an investigation/detective movie/drama. 

I wonder if Tao has start shooting for Daimajin yet. The drama will air in July and Tao most probabbly will be giving birth around August (maybe). If she is not yet filming, then Tao will be either shoot while being pregnant or after giving birth (unlikely). I hope Tao will have time to rest.

Also, I heard another rumours before that Tao will be in horror movie that will release this year. Fans saw Tao and Daisuke Sakuma were filming a horror-type movie in an apartment somewhere in October last year. I think the horror movie they are talking about is probably about 'Matching'. I guess we shall wait for another info of this one. We'll see.

In episode 4 of Wave, Listen to Me (Nami yo Kiitekure), Makie Tachibana (played by Yurika Nakamura) was placed under arrest by her brother and suddenly Anikoma was mentioned along the line. :joy:

Makie: "I... I'm in trouble because my brother loves me too much".

Nakahara-san (Ryota) : "It sounds like a movie tittle".

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsLhnePALdS

I just watched the current episode of spin-off lol it was so funny. Spoiler:

Spoiler

Makie was just dreaming. The doki doki moments were just in her head. :lol: Nakahara-san's niece, Hana-chan is cute and funny too. It's crowded there in his house.

Btw, I just want to share some info. Although it might not be mainly about RyoTao.

I remember before that @Transition posted about the background information of Tao's family that her mom graduated from a musical school and probably has a music-related job (I read somewhere (?) that both her parents graduated from a music college and they had excellent results). 

@ryotatao9495 previously mentioned that Tao said if she has chances, she will study abroad like her mother to improve her English and learn everything. 

Also, Ryota's dad is a music teacher. In LOEWE EN CASA project for Father's day where Ryota's dad was invited to join, Ryota mentioned his dad studied music composing at University.

Also, I just found out that Tao's relative Tsuchiya Kojiro (土屋広次郎) has music-related background as well, He is a baritone singer, professor of the Department of Performance, Faculty of Music, Ferris University. He graduated from the Department of Vocal Music, Faculty of Music, Tokyo University of the Arts. He studied abroad in Italy as a Rotary Foundation Scholar.

The picture Tao's little brother with their relative.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr8OGG-vsCQ

I just wanted to say that the common things here are 'music' and 'study'. Their families are not only talented but educated as well.

Edited by setokaonii