[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

17 hours ago, Transition said:

Ryota said at the beginning of this clip that he really looks forward to getting married (the show was from December 2019). He thinks guys who work hard so that they can support their family are cool so that's what he would like to do too. He also said thay he often says "daisuki" (I really like you) and it isn't something he gets shy of. The host then asked him at what moment and what kind of attitude/tone he would say that in. Ryota said for example when he says goodbye to her he would say: Bye bye! Daisuki da yo!

In the other clips he describes that he likes petite and cute girls, who speaks eloquently. Someone who would consider people's feelings, and who he can feel at ease when he introduce her to other people. 

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1k84y1Y7WS

Aw. I didn't know that Ryota is someone who would say "I like you/I love you" often. He usually gives off a cool and reserved feeling so I thought he would be more like those types who don't say sweet things often but would rather show it through actions instead. 

@Transitionthank you so much for sharing the video and translating what Ryota said. I noticed that Chiba-kun is also there and I’d like to think he knows what’s going on. I want to believe that the Anikoma team are the first few people our couple entrusted their relationship. Unlike you and @Aya0203I was not really surprised to know that Ryota be that expressive. As a straightforward guy, I feel that he can say those sweet lines often to people he truly care about and love. I feel giddy imagining how he says those romantic lines to Tao and how Tao responds to him. :loveu:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aya0203 said:

HE IS SOOO SWEET!!! The way also his voice changed will saying that line ("ba-bye, I like you alot") makes me imagine how he says the same to Tao. I agree also that Ryota is someone who gives off that cool guy energy in the room and this is unexpected. Also I've read somewhere that he's quite the introvert in his group, Generations so this is really unexpected of him. 

Anyway, thank you for sharing the translation and video of this @Transition. ♡ 

I wonder if Tao is also a person who'll say Ily alot to her partner or what would be her love language? But one thing is for sure, Tao-chan is also the sweetest, the way she thanked and appreciated her stunt double as Usagi in AIB in one of her ig post is melting. And the way she said that they both created the perfect Usagi in the series is sweet. 

I can imagine that is what Ryota has done these past 5 years to Tao whenever they say goodbye to each other. I think it is sweet too how he already had strong desire to marry her at the end of 2019 (after they have dated for about two years and they still were 24-25 years old). Not that the time matters when you have found the right one but still...it is rare seeing such young Asian celebrities wanting to settle down at such young age. It means that Ryota really loves Tao a lot.

I wonder how Tao is as a girlfriend too. If she is also someone who says "I like/love you a lot". From what I have noticed from her interactions with her siblings and female friends she is quite touchy (she likes to hug them and kiss them on the cheek) so I think she is probably an affectionate girlfriend.

6 hours ago, jerseyno13 said:

@Transitionthank you so much for sharing the video and translating what Ryota said. I noticed that Chiba-kun is also there and I’d like to think he knows what’s going on. I want to believe that the Anikoma team are the first few people our couple entrusted their relationship. Unlike you and @Aya0203I was not really surprised to know that Ryota be that expressive. As a straightforward guy, I feel that he can say those sweet lines often to people he truly care about and love. I feel giddy imagining how he says those romantic lines to Tao and how Tao responds to him. :loveu:

I also hope that the Anikoma team knew about RyoTao's relationship since Anikoma is the reason to how the two met at the first place. As for the other celebrity friends I think Ryota's members knew about it and also Tao's friends from Cheer Dan like Aya, Yui, Anna etc.

Hehe. My heart flutters too at the thought of him saying sweet things to Tao and how she reacts and responds to him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hello everyone! I am a fan of Tao and I'm still learning and would like to know more about Ryota (GENERATIONS as well)~ I'm really happy that I found this forum since I ship RyoTao ever since I watched Anikoma back then. Nice to meet you all~ ٩( ^ᴗ^ )۶ 

I feel giddy when I read all your posts here about RyoTao and I'm amazed of all your dedication on keeping this thread alive.

I just have a question - I can't seem to open some of the links and few of them are just blanks. Were they deleted? Is there a way to fix this? (-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄ꞈ-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

@cheshirexcatWelcome to the thread! Nice to meet you too :)

Yes, I have noticed that there are many blanks in the earlier posts. I think it may be pictures and quotes that have been deleted. 

@limecrimeYes, it was a good start of 2023 to hear about their upcoming marriage and baby :) I'm really happy for them too.

Fans at weibo have now started to find more hints from the past. RyoTao have the same type of plate? Was she at his place or he at her place when they took those pictures? There was another fan that noticed that they have white sofa too and was wondering if they were already cohabiting. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4856146281895591

In this clip Ryota said that there's a plant Cojoba Arborea that he has named "Fish" because its form looks like fishbone. He would talk to it while watering it.

The plant was seen at one of Tao's live videos that she had at her home (picture is in the second link)

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4856131326055916

• Like 2
  • Love 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnG3fOLJTh-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Someone over weibo looked up this shrine (Udo shrine) that Tao visited. It is said to be good for pregnancy and newlyweds. She most likely went there together with Ryota.

Quote from this site:

Drinking the water that drips from these rocks is thought to be beneficial for pregnancy, childbirth, nursing and women hoping to have a child. The shrine is also thought to be fortunate for couples and newlyweds.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e8032.html

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Transition Thank you so much for translating the instagram posts and videos for us. I've recently become a fan of Tao, and I was very surprised that she will marry Ryota. Immediately, I watch My brother loves me too much ha haaaa, and after that, it's their behind the-scenes clips ha ha. They're too cute to handle <3  It's pretty awesome that you guys can spot all the signs that they're dating.

Hi everyone. How are you guys doing? Sorry, I've been super busy for these past few days and haven't got the time to reply yet but I did read all of your posts. Thank you very much @Transition @ryotatao9495 @Aya0203 @hathao_2011 @jerseyno13 for keeping this thread updated by sharing all of the videos, photos, and translations. Really appreciate that. I'm happy to see and read all those posts. Also, to our another new members @cheshirexcat @limecrime welcome to this thread. Happy to see you guys here. Thank you for supporting RyoTao!

Just a quick post, does anyone remember Tsuchiya Tako? It feels nostalgic. We were all so excited back then when we saw Yuta as Setoka lol what a memory. Here the videos and photos of Tsuchiya Tako for those who haven't seen it yet. P/S: I'm not sure if I can share Instagram link here but I'll try.

Genekou | GENERATIONS高校TV #53 2018,May 13

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiuKB_9ndIV

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiuDtB5Hjf7

Anikoma Parody (Re-Acted Scenes) during Generations Concerts few years ago

Yuta (aka Tsuchiya Tako) with TT pose. 

Edited by setokaonii

@limecrime Thank you! Nice to see a new fan here. Except for romantic manga adapations Tao has acted in other genres as well such as her earlier work The Werewolf Game 2 (movie), Limit (drama), Rurouni Kenshin etc. Just some recommendations if you would like to watch more of her. :)

@setokaonii Thank you for posting the videos about Tsuchiya Tako! Haha, bring back old memories. 

@Aya0203 Earlier on we were both wondering how Tao is as a girlfriend. She has actually disclosed a bit of how she is in an interview in 2021.

- Except when you work, do you feel worried/not at ease at other times as well?

Tao: Of course. When it comes to private matters as well. Due to my occupation, even if I have a lover we can't walk around holding hands. "Can I get married? Or should I not do that?" I would have such thoughts. Even though I have a lot of worries, I would like to fully deliver to the person I like words as "I like you", "I love you" and also hug him tightly. I want to cherish these things. I hope we can get married in such a natural atmosphere.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4856899146876878

Aw. This is so sweet! I like how both Ryota and Tao are so generous and direct when it comes to showing affection and love to each other through words and actions.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 1/10/2023 at 11:02 PM, setokaonii said:

Hi everyone. How are you guys doing? Sorry, I've been super busy for these past few days and haven't got the time to reply yet but I did read all of your posts. Thank you very much @Transition @ryotatao9495 @Aya0203 @hathao_2011 @jerseyno13 for keeping this thread updated by sharing all of the videos, photos, and translations. Really appreciate that. I'm happy to see and read all those posts. Also, to our another new members @cheshirexcat @limecrime welcome to this thread. Happy to see you guys here. Thank you for supporting RyoTao!

Just a quick post, does anyone remember Tsuchiya Tako? It feels nostalgic. We were all so excited back then when we saw Yuta as Setoka lol what a memory. Here the videos and photos of Tsuchiya Tako for those who haven't seen it yet. P/S: I'm not sure if I can share Instagram link here but I'll try.

Genekou | GENERATIONS高校TV #53 2018,May 13

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiuKB_9ndIV

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiuDtB5Hjf7

Anikoma Parody (Re-Acted Scenes) during Generations Concerts few years ago

Yuta (aka Tsuchiya Tako) with TT pose. 

Thank you for posting this. It gave me lots of laugh even if I saw this on twitter already and forgot to share it here. Yuta is so funny. Haha. The way his voice changes to high pitched but calm and shy girl. Haha. 

On 1/11/2023 at 10:23 PM, Transition said:

@Aya0203 Earlier on we were both wondering how Tao is as a girlfriend. She has actually disclosed a bit of how she is in an interview in 2021.

- Except when you work, do you feel worried/not at ease at other times as well?

Tao: Of course. When it comes to private matters as well. Due to my occupation, even if I have a lover we can't walk around holding hands. "Can I get married? Or should I not do that?" I would have such thoughts. Even though I have a lot of worries, I would like to fully deliver to the person I like words as "I like you", "I love you" and also hug him tightly. I want to cherish these things. I hope we can get married in such a natural atmosphere.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4856899146876878

Aw. This is so sweet! I like how both Ryota and Tao are so generous and direct when it comes to showing affection and love to each other through words and actions.

Aww. I hope they can hold hands in public now and I hope they can travel and go on restaurant dates as much as they want! They are both very cute, they can express their feelings well and that's why maintained that 5 year relationship without someone from the public eye noticing them. It's also rare to find a couple that is both expressive with their love(my husband is expressive, I'm not. Lol). Also happy ro know that their baby/babies(in the future) will grow up knowing how their parents love each other, it's something very important and such rare treasure. I know that both Ryota and Tao grew up in a beautiful family that honed them for who they are now so I'm happy for their children as they can passed on that love and create a happy home. ♡

In another news, I missed Tao. But I hope she's okay and resting alot. Ryota is booked and busy. He had his first FM live via ig yesterday. I wasn't able to watch because of work but he is glowing. They say you glow differently when you're happy. Found these on twitter (credits to the one who posted these pics. Thank you!). Look at those smiles. Happy also to know that he can comfortably appear in public w/o hesitations. I'm happy also that the reaction of his fans were majority wishing him happiness, unlike other toxic fans in kpop who burn their idols merch or do lots or say lots of worst things when they get married. I can't understand them, their idols are people too. 

P.S. I suddenly wish they recreate this picture with their cute little baby at the back of Tao-chan! Asw. It would be melting! :)

Uwu this is cutie too!!!! :)

Credits to the owner of these pictures from twitter. Arigato! ♡

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets. Thanks!

@Aya0203 Yes, I also hope that after the announcement RyoTao can finally spend time together outside of their home as a couple. It is rare indeed that two people in a relationship are equally expressive of their love. I'm the same as you. My husband is also expressive while I'm not. I have gotten better at that in recent years though :p

I think it is good too for their children to see how much their parents love each other. It is something I didn't see during my childhood since Asian from the past generation are more reserved. Speaking of children, I have read at weibo that Ryota has said before that he would like to have two children; a girl and a boy, while I have a vague memory of Tao saying she would like to have three children. Ryota is from a small family so I think it would be a new and nice experience for him to have a bigger family himself. 

I miss seeing Tao too. Does she have anything new to film or is she taking a rest now due to her pregnancy? I saw Ryota's latest IG live. I don't understand much Japanese but according to the fans at weibo he said that he had made some announcement recently and he thanked everyone for their congratulations and then he continued to read letters from fans and didn't answer any questions regarding him and Tao. I think both of them want to stay lowkey. Other than that I agree that he seems really happy. :)

Aw, I think those pictures of them look cute too. Especially the last one, I remember there were like 3-4 pictures of that moment and you could see how Tao slowly appeared in front of the camera and how Ryota's expression changed from jokingly looking weirdly at Tao and then smiling really big.

Ryota's first appearance after their marriage annoucement. Apparently, Nanao gave him flowers due to him wrapping up his guest-appearance in her drama and also to congratulate him for his marriage. He looked both happy and shy there.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4857073693888954#&video

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have gone back to read their announcement a few times now since it was posted (to just remind me of their good news and that all of this is real). I just noticed that they both have edited the post so the grammar will be correct (from brought us to "brought to us"). It is cute that they too will go back to read it. Hehe :p

As for the announcement, fans at weibo said that Tao have written before on her blog/IG that some day she would like to post a joint announcement about her marriage. I don't know if it is an usual thing celebrities couples do but I think it is sweet of Ryota to fulfill her wish. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Thank you all for keeping the momentum

of this thread. Surely, our year started beautifully brought to us by our lovely couple and here’s to hoping we’ll continue to witness their wonderful moments and milestones together as they start their family. 

I wonder if you already come across this project spearheaded by Dreamers. It’s really nice to see their fans celebrating harmoniously. This has been shared by Taohanis on twitter too. I’ll try to participate when I have the time. If you have time, hope you can also join. :love:

• Like 2

@jerseyno13 Thank you for the information about the project! I'll see if I have time to join. I have been busy these past days since we are trying to get our sons to get used to not having diapers.

A little bit about RyoTao's everyday life. It seems like they have watched Korean dramas together. During Genekou Ryota mentioned he has watched "Itaewon Class" and "Crash Landing on You" during Covid-19 period and Tao mentioned that she has watched these two dramas as well during the promotion of "Cinderella's Addiction". 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4857880261954042

• Love 4

Hello!  I discovered Korean, Japanese and Chinese dramas during the pandemic.  So pleased with the Binjin couple (Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin) and was quite active on the thread.  Disappointed with the divorce of my Chinese couple, after a child together - Janice Wu and Zhang Yu Jian.  

And now with Ryota and Tao, I have a Japanese couple added to my short list.  I watched "My Brother...." and I loved their chemistry.  But because they were relatively young, I thought nothing of it.

So I was pleasantly surprised to hear their New Year's news.  Then my surprise turned to admiration for them - five years and obviously their one and only serious relationship in a challenging entertainment environment - and for the shippers like yourselves.

It takes dedication and a "leap of faith" to discern "relationship crumbs"........so kudos to all of you!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@hathao_2011 Thank you for sharing the link with pictures! Hehe, I didn't know Ryota has cosplayed as PSJ. Cute :)

@Destiny Welcome to the thread! Aw, so you have a few couples that you like that turned out to be real. That's nice! Yes, I was surprised too when I heard about the good news. Not that I didn't believe that Ryota and Tao were real because I did, but like you since they are still young I didn't expect them to tie the knot now and the fact that Tao is pregnant with their first child is even more surprising. It is admireable indeed that they have been so stable in their relationship for 5 years and at such young age too (she was 21 and he 22 when they first met).

According to this person on Twitter he/she read on Bunshun (a news magazine in Japan) that apparently Ryota and Tao have been living together for more than a year now. Another member on weibo said that during Covid-19 Genekou were filmed remotely a few times and some Gene members asked Ryota where he was since they didn't recognize the walls behind him. 

On the show that Ryota went to with Chiba Yudai, the host asked him when he thinks it is okay to cohabit (move in together) with his girlfriend. Ryota said when they are going to get married.

It makes sense if Ryota and Tao have been living together for a while since they have been planning their marriage since last year.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4858930578851458

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@Transition and this is a short cut from Gene kou, Ryota cosplay PSJ, funny and cute.

https://fb.watch/i6aPwXzzj0/

From the day they announced, I always wonder, when did they cohabit? I don't think they did, like Kento-Suzu, because I remembered that Tao's one of 3 conditions dating is go straight home after hanging out (you know what's I mean). I thought they are traditionalist. Thank you alot, your information make me happy.

Edited by hathao_2011

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is well and happy. Been busy with work and life in general. Oh boy I have missed alot!!! Thank you everyone for sharing those updates/news about our favorite couple. My favorite are those news about RyoTao's discoveries from plates, KDrama to articles about them cohabiting for a year now. About cohabiting, I am glad to know that they can take care of each other with this set up specially now that Tao is preggy. And since there are almost zero paparazzi pictures of them dating outside or any news about it, I think they spend most of their time bonding or spending time inside their home esp. during the height of C0r0r0, if ever this is soo cute.

Ang oh btw, I am also a BinJin fan and I thought of them when RyoTao announced their marriage, it's a dream come for fans like us to know that are OTPs are dating or getting married in real life. It's heaven on earth indeed. Anyway, Tao finally is back in posting almost daily and just the prompt of their notifications makes me happy. I know that they hinted for their relationship to be lowkey but we want to see them more. Anyway, whenever both of them are comfortable to share bits of their life. I'm still hoping for that engagement photo. Crossing fingers!!!

In another Ryota news, not sure if you've seen the trailer of his new drama. It's intense. Though, I'm not sure if this can be viewed to all countries with Prime Video but I am excited to see this side of Ryota. I remember in one of Tao's inteview which was previously mentioned here. Thank you @Transition for mentioning that article and also for sharing the updates from weibo! I am elated to know that most of the Chinese fans are celebrating RyoTao too with such discoveries, so Thank you alot!

Anyway, going back to the interview of Tao in 2019 (I believe), one of the questions there was when she was asked about her plans, it's between playing on multiple fields or wanting to focus all of her efforts in one field, and she answered she wanted to try on multiple fields. And I also agree that if you want to know more about her, I recommend watching her series/movies with different genre and how you'll be amazed with her in the end. When I became Tao's fan last year I promised myself to watch all of her movies and dramas, and well I did it. Some of my favorites are: Orange, Mare, AIB, 8-year engagement and ofcourse Anikoma, etc., they are all top 1 for me so it's not in order or something. To say the least, everytime I finish one of her projects, I am amazed how she can pull off those characters so well. She's amazing, they both are!!! ♡

Lastly, I wonder if Tao's "Prelude" project had a trailer already? Wanna see it too. Kindly share it here as well.  I'll share it here too if I'll be able to find it or if it's already available. Thank you.

Have a nice week, everyone!!! :)

Edited by Aya0203

@hathao_2011 Thank you for the clip! It was funny seeing Ryota reenacting a scene (?) from the drama in an exaggerated way. 

I think Ryota and Tao started to cohabit after that they have been together for a few years and have already planned to get married. The news said that they have cohabited for more than a year so sometime in 2020, which is what fans have noticed too from the same plate and same sofa (?) and same colour on the walls. So in a way they could be considered traditional/conservative since they didn't cohabit immediately but waited till they were planning to get married. However, if you compare them to people who move in together and have children after marriage RyoTao may not be considered traditional. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4859716952392974

@Aya0203 Hello! Thank you! I'm good. Hope everything is fine with you as well despite that you have had a busy week. 

It is good indeed that Tao isn't by herself now that she is pregnant. So I think it is positive too that Ryota is there to take care of her and help her out. I think I have read on Ryota's weibo or IG that he got Covid-19 sometime this year or last year so it's good to know that he wasn't by himself either if they were already cohabiting then. 

I hope RyoTao will post something when they get married and when the baby comes too. Among the LDH artists, I think it is only Akira who shared on his social media his wedding pictures and also when his son was born. Hopefully, Ryota (and Tao) would do something similiar.

Thank you for sharing the trailer of Ryota's new drama A2Z! It seems like Ryota will be involved in a triangle relationship with a married woman (his character doesn't seem to know the female lead is married though?). I just noticed too that the drama will be out on Tao's birthday. What a coincidence!

Regarding Tao wanting to work on many fields I think it is good to try new stuffs when you are still young. Except for her good acting I also think she is a decent singer and voiceactress. I have watched two animes of hers "Erased" and "Sing a Bit of Harmony". I think she did well in both of them.

I just saw this video while browsering around at bilibili. It really does seem like Tao want to stay lowkey with her private-life. She was asked what she would say/think if her daughter wants to be an actress. She answered that she wouldn't say anything or she would say she doesn't recommend it. She thinks being an actress is a wonderful job but there are also a downside to it. You will get affected of what people think of you. She would like her daughter to be able to enjoy her childhood fully and if she still wants to be an actress when she is an adult then she can just go ahead.

She was also asked what kind of mother she would be. She said she would like to be a mother who would enjoy being with her children to experience different kind of things. 

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1rK4y1n7HY

• Like 1
  • Love 3