[Drama 2017-2018] Bad Guys: City of Evil 나쁜 녀석들: 악의 도시

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys...quick question.  For the like, last 4 or so episodes I haven't seen Noh Gun Pyung (Kim Moo Yul's character).  He's my favorite character and all of the sudden he went MIA. I know he's not dead, or I think he's not.  I need him not to be dead, because he's my link to the original BG team so that I can have my BG3 season.  Can anyone here hook me up on where I went wrong with his character?  He's one of the important ones and hes seriously not there.

On 1/29/2018 at 11:08 AM, vaberella said:

Okay guys...quick question.  For the like, last 4 or so episodes I haven't seen Noh Gun Pyung (Kim Moo Yul's character).  He's my favorite character and all of the sudden he went MIA. I know he's not dead, or I think he's not.  I need him not to be dead, because he's my link to the original BG team so that I can have my BG3 season.  Can anyone here hook me up on where I went wrong with his character?  He's one of the important ones and hes seriously not there.

I am so sorry to tell you this but SPOILER ALERT! 

Spoiler

Prosecutor Noh was involved in a hit-and-run. I know, I know... I just couldn't compute they killed him off so soon. But yes, he's very much dead.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2017-2018] Bad Guys: City of Evil 나쁜 녀석들: 악의 도시 - Finale: Tonight @ 22:20 KST
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2017-2018] Bad Guys: City of Evil 나쁜 녀석들: 악의 도시
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest meelis

It's finally coming to Netflix! 

I saw the ten fan subbed episodes and really loved it, but for the rest I decided to wait until Netflix releases it, because the dialogues are meaningful in this, it was useless to watch it raw. Of course, I know what happened at the end more or less from videos and news, but still looking forward to watching the whole.  

Hope you'll be able to watch it in your respective countries.

It's now on Netflix and I've started rewatching Episode 2 just to refresh my memory. Anyway if anyone else is keen, we can get discussions rolling again. I really wanted to watch this when it was airing in SK. It was off to a good start but no subs means that it was always going to be hard for people to get on board en masse. 

Netflix did a nice big dump of all the episodes so I'll be marathoning it next week.

Tag me if you want to interact. I'll be busy this weekend but I'll be around. :)

Squeeeeeeee...

That last few minutes of the finale features a cameo of one our favourite bad guys from the first series...  Don't care much for the hairdo but the prospect of a collab among the old gang and the newer one sends one's mouth watering.

Series 3... bring it on... Bring them all back! Bring them all home!

While I contain my excitement... :wink:

This series overall reminded me somewhat of Secret Forest/Stranger in that its spotlight was on prosecutors and corruption within the ranks. Of course there were the usual big bads from business and politics but essentially it has the same pessimistic strain about power and its corrupting influence even on those with the best of intentions. The brutality here was far more stark in the show's no holds barred approach to raw violence and casualties. Except for one or two notable exceptions, no one in this world operates here by Marquess of Queensberry rules. The stakes are extremely high and people pay with their lives as their choices are made.

Even while there's a core of individuals which are the show's heart, the writer has upped the ante in this one. Gathering a motley crew under one roof always meant that there would be differences in not just perspectives but in how the handling of criminals would play out. The first half unabashedly deals with internal conflict as the team which is barely holding together eventually disintegrates because of serious differences in opinion about how crime should be handled. The second half (the better half IMO) sees the disparate members gradually and grudgingly coming together when a series of seemingly unrelated events reunites them in a common cause. The muck goes deep, there's enough dirt to taint even the best of men and the situation requires more than a clean up crew.

It's such a shame that this show like its predecessor won't get the kind of love it deserves until after the event because of subbing issues. 

Hi everyone. I just came across this drama on Netflix. After watching K-romcoms and k-fantasy dramas, I swore I'd never touch those again since most of the endings traumatized me for life, LOL JK. But kidding aside, this drama is so good and I'm so glad I found this. I'm nearing the series ending now, and just discovered that there's a season 1 with different set of bad guys. So I will be watching that too after Bad Guys 2. Also, kudos to Netflix for having these dramas available. It's so much easier to watch there, than having to scour online for subbed episodes.  Have a nice day everyone! And hopefully, there will be Bad Guys 3 too! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, managed to finish watching this awesome action packed drama. I 'accidentally' missed out watching this drama although it was shown on my cable channel. Once I realized it, I was few episodes behind and online subbing are not out yet.

The storyline was CRAZY and brilliant at the same time. This drama is well directed and much better than those from the BIG 3 channels. The whole casts were just superbly chosen and I really wish NJP (KMY- one of the most under rated actor) could survive until the end.

Will definitely look forward to Bad Guys 3.

Well JTLYK about to binge watch this. I actually watch episode 1-4 raw while drama was airing. And even though I was clueless for first 4 episodes, this is the kind I like! action mystery thriller full of grit drama!  Since all's been sub already  and it's holiday. My viewing time gonna be devoted to this.  I love the cast.  Here we go.

Archived