[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌

sugarplum892

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

I thought during his interview that VIc mentioned that he will have new project coming up but he didn't want to say, he just told us to wait and he still waiting for confirmation. 

Do hope so xD but I do think he reduce his workload a lot for his baby. Same with Wallace, he used to pump out 2-3 a year. But after Ruyi, hasn’t heard from him

2 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Do hope so xD but I do think he reduce his workload a lot for his baby. Same with Wallace, he used to pump out 2-3 a year. But after Ruyi, hasn’t heard from him

I have finished most of Vic's old drama and moved on. We wont be seeing him for awhile. There is rumour that his new drama is an ancient palace drama with Liu Tao. Shooting to commence soon. Lets keep our fingers crossed to see him starting work so that we can see him again hopefully next year.

11 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

I have finished most of Vic's old drama and moved on. We wont be seeing him for awhile. There is rumour that his new drama is an ancient palace drama with Liu Tao. Shooting to commence soon. Lets keep our fingers crossed to see him starting work so that we can see him again hopefully next year.

Nice! Liu Tao is such a good actress, I remember watching one of her show where she acted as two persons with Nicky Wu? Was rooting for her and the other king but it didn’t work out :( 

man, you are on fire lol! You are watching here to heart + many of Vic’s old stuffs. Currently I’m trying goblin, I know it meant to be good, and while I don’t hate or dislike it in anyway, it didn’t really capture me as much :/ It missing something for me :(

On 5/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

Sigh, on Viki, there is a rumour that Vic is the one refuse to do kissing scene, therefore there is not a lot of kissing scenes between the two leads. Quite damaging as they kept saying why be an actor if you can’t do kissing scene!

Personally I don’t think it’s Vic’s “no kissing policy” because he did Beauties in the closet the year before he filmed TFD, and got married in 2015 (which is before beauties in the closet). After the marriage, he did Go La La Go 2, which has kissing and bed scene (though they did cut a lot of the kissing scenes out of the movie, there was BTS where they did a make out on the couch, but didn’t make it to the actual movie). After that, he did beauties in the closet, where he did many kissing scenes with HQB, and she actually flat lips there lol.

Anyway, because DD and ZBB locked lips twice in TFD, and they feel more passion there, people thinks it’s Vic’s fault and it’s his request at no kissing scene! I just hope the director could clarify this >_< also hate those rumour spreaders >_<

PS: couldn’t shortcut beauties in the closet because it will be :tongue: you get it lol

oh, we might not get any more of Vic anytime soon as it seems he possibly wants to spend time with his daughter lol. He always seems to be quite family oriented, He is not fame hungry as other (hiding their dating status, marital, etc).

I think in TFD storyline, there is not much kissing scenes, even supporting leads LJH and DLS dont have many intimate scenes. RG is supposed to resist YX's charm from the beginning. The director also puts more emphasize more on body language, hugs, eye look/stare, facial touch to express the actor's feelings. The director might limit intimate scene for YX and RG so viewers will need to make more guess whether RG and YX will end up together and happy ending. 

I don't mind that they don't have much kissing scene, as story development is more important for me. I believe Nirvana on Fire totally does not have any kissing scene too, but the ending kinda of sucks since the male lead is dead during war. At least TFD gives me happy ending.

I do feel there are a few important informations still missing on the storyline (maybe because my Mandarin language skill is mediocre). Wish I can read the novel to understand the story better.

While a long and better kiss between YX and RG is preferable, the nature/context of the the kiss is more important.

ZF and RG’s relationship is a young, first love. And ZF’s actions are very impulsed. So it is easy to have french kisses without depth.

YX is a mature immortal. He is playful but very serious when it comes to his relationship with RG. And to RG, her love for YX is from a sophisticated RG, who goes thru many life experiences. This is very different to her relationship with ZF as a young girl.

Also, sometime, a simple gesture like holding hands can be more romantic than a full kiss. Again, context is the most important when watching historical chinese drama. Chinese is a high-context culture (as opposed to the low-context cultures like Western Europe and America), so not everything is said and expressed.

Regarding about YX’s style, all i can say is that most chinese make-up artists tend to use too much white powder on actors and make those actors like walking vampires.

@Alila Nguyen, sorry, i do not know much about Chinese customs.

10 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

I'm not sure but I hear that Vic will have a new Ancient drama with Liu Tao.  

Yes, hopefully we will see his ancient drama series again end of this year. Will skip DD's new drama as I am not a big fan of Chinese modern drama series. :glasses:

14 hours ago, kepochu said:

Yes, hopefully we will see his ancient drama series again end of this year. Will skip DD's new drama as I am not a big fan of Chinese modern drama series. :glasses:

They hasn’t film yet. Hopefully soon so it will not release until next year.

Yesterday night I just finished the old drama "silence" with Vic. And now I know, why the producer from tfd choose him for YX! 

Before tfd I never heard form him, so I was really curious why the producer team had choose him, when there were so many good actors around. But I really was impressed by his acting that I started to search for his old drama and movies like I always do, when I was impressed by someones acting. Normally most actors/actress disappoint me in all their other dramas. Wallace Huo was one of them - he coudn't satisfied me in any other drama or get my interest except of JOTF. I never finished any of his other dramas.

But Vic could made me watched the dramas Mars and Silcence without to FF to much or at all. In both dramas he naild the character he played. You could feel the pain and happiness of the character. You coulnd't hate him even when he was a jerk than. What impress me too, he was only 23 years (MARS) and 25 years (Silence) than!!! And with 36 years he did portrait a perfect YX. I hope I will see an other good drama from him soon...

The just audio dub TFD in Cantonese, release only 2 eps so far. This is fast since the drama just finished in April and May release the in Cantonese. I saw the 1st eps where they cut off the beginning where YX injured and taking RG back to his Sifu. 

On 25/05/2018 at 2:24 AM, bluesky888 said:

The just audio dub TFD in Cantonese, release only 2 eps so far. This is fast since the drama just finished in April and May release the in Cantonese. I saw the 1st eps where they cut off the beginning where YX injured and taking RG back to his Sifu. 

Are you saying they cut the Cantonese version? Especially one of the crucial story telling part :(?

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, Alila Nguyen said:

Are you saying they cut the Cantonese version? Especially one of the crucial story telling part :(?

Yes, in the Cantonese version they cut out the part where YX carry RG they both injured. Taking RG back to his Sifu's place and asked his sifu to save RG.

• 1 month later...

I’ve just started watching while waiting for more subs for Fuyao to be released. Didn’t get around to this earlier because I didn’t like The King’s Woman. I have to say I am up to episode 3 and not liking Vic Zhou here at all :angry::angry::angry: 

I haven’t been following Vic’s career and not seen any of his dramas literally since Meteor Garden. At the start of the first episode I thought “oh...flashback to Ruge’s parents with an old and lesser known actor playing her father”. He looked so unattractive kneeling there in the snow. Later I realised it was Vic and I was shocked!! Especially when he was supposed to be the pretty boy and flower lead of the brothel! I mean, really?? Why didn’t they find someone visually believable and also good acting like Yang Yang or Chen Xiao to play YX? It’s just cringeworthy to see Vic (he of wooden acting and no expression) try to play what essentially is a pretending-to-be ‘gigolo’ type character. Especially against the young, handsome and can act Yu Zihan. During their carriage ride to Ruge’s home, YZH was more expressive with his mute nods than Vic with script dialogue! Don’t get me wrong I’m not blaming Vic for being old (hey I watched Meteor Garden when it first aired) but his limited range idol acting doesn’t hold up well here. And y’know a little preparation like getting in shape, losing the sagging jawline and eyebags (ahem Hawick) wouldn’t have hurt either. 

And it’s even more obvious when Vin Zhang appeared. His chemistry with Dilireba was SIZZLING in the first ten seconds. I know everyone thinks they need to give the Vin-Reba ship a break blahblah but it just makes it more obvious that Vic and Dilireba have zero chemistry. 

Anyway I know I’m extremely late to the topic and since everyone says they start to love Vic more as the show progresses I will persevere on. Apart from this, it seems like a good drama and I’m regretting not watching sooner.

/rant over 

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2018 at 5:38 AM, glittersky said:

I’ve just started watching while waiting for more subs for Fuyao to be released. Didn’t get around to this earlier because I didn’t like The King’s Woman. I have to say I am up to episode 3 and not liking Vic Zhou here at all :angry::angry::angry: 

I haven’t been following Vic’s career and not seen any of his dramas literally since Meteor Garden. At the start of the first episode I thought “oh...flashback to Ruge’s parents with an old and lesser known actor playing her father”. He looked so unattractive kneeling there in the snow. Later I realised it was Vic and I was shocked!! Especially when he was supposed to be the pretty boy and flower lead of the brothel! I mean, really?? Why didn’t they find someone visually believable and also good acting like Yang Yang or Chen Xiao to play YX? It’s just cringeworthy to see Vic (he of wooden acting and no expression) try to play what essentially is a pretending-to-be ‘gigolo’ type character. Especially against the young, handsome and can act Yu Zihan. During their carriage ride to Ruge’s home, YZH was more expressive with his mute nods than Vic with script dialogue! Don’t get me wrong I’m not blaming Vic for being old (hey I watched Meteor Garden when it first aired) but his limited range idol acting doesn’t hold up well here. And y’know a little preparation like getting in shape, losing the sagging jawline and eyebags (ahem Hawick) wouldn’t have hurt either. 

And it’s even more obvious when Vin Zhang appeared. His chemistry with Dilireba was SIZZLING in the first ten seconds. I know everyone thinks they need to give the Vin-Reba ship a break blahblah but it just makes it more obvious that Vic and Dilireba have zero chemistry. 

Anyway I know I’m extremely late to the topic and since everyone says they start to love Vic more as the show progresses I will persevere on. Apart from this, it seems like a good drama and I’m regretting not watching sooner.

/rant over 

Oh dear, if you don’t like vic I’m not sure you can handle it until the end lol. Also different opinion, but I never found Chen Xiao good looking. For Yang yang, he’s too expensive for this production lol, also he doesn’t have a feminine look? 

Anyway, the flame’s daughter is the 2nd highest web drama :) behind the story of Yanxi’s palace, yay :)

On 8/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

Oh dear, if you don’t like vic I’m not sure you can handle it until the end lol. Also different opinion, but I never found Chen Xiao good looking. For Yang yang, he’s too expensive for this production lol, also he doesn’t have a feminine look? 

Anyway, the flame’s daughter is the 2nd highest web drama :) behind the story of Yanxi’s palace, yay :)

I total agree with you, but you know it:P

@Alila Nguyen your are still around too;)

10 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Lol lurking the forum for a worthwhile series to watch lol

same here, but I didn't found any as good a TFD. I started to rewatch the TFD. Did you watch "A moment of Love" with Vic Zhou and Liu Shi Shi, it like it.

2 hours ago, LuMNaL said:

same here, but I didn't found any as good a TFD. I started to rewatch the TFD. Did you watch "A moment of Love" with Vic Zhou and Liu Shi Shi, it like it.

Yea saw that one. Also saw sleepless fashion and two wrongs make a right. I love the song in two wrongs make a right, and I feel bubbly watching it lol

Archived