[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌

sugarplum892

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, klaratan said:

How many views would it take for a series to be considered successful / popular ?

Not really sure how to compare nowadays due to China's restriction on ancient drama on tv channels. TFD was not aired on any tv stations in china. As a webdrama, i think it is considered popular as it tops the webdrama chart most of the days during air time. Even after the drama ends, it still stays on top of the chart for awhile and viewership hits 7bil 2 days ago. 

Meteor Garden is now re-aired on china tv channel and the response is not bad. 

Hi guys, i’m back from completing the whole drama from start to end! Love every bit of it! I’m amazed by myself for being able to watch this drama so many times yet still so into it. tried watching the drama DD acted in but couldn’t continue watching after one episode alone. Wasn’t a fan of Vic so was unaware of the dramas he acted in before. I should say I’m crazy about YX rather than Vic. That said, Vic did a great job portraying YX. If anyone has good drama to recommend, please do so! 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:18 PM, LuMNaL said:

Of course...because YXH, who she loves like a brother was sick at the moment. I think, everyone will handle like her. How you could only think of yourself, if your brother is dying.

But in this moment, you can feel that she started to have feeling for YX - I don't use the word love, because I think she isn't at this moment.

Here a cute mv for you - I love YX smile: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av22157826?from=search&seid=3707961505483261116

I would love to see this but it wasn’t loading at all! Is it restricted by country?

On 4/18/2018 at 8:36 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

I echoed many of everyone’s thoughts on ep48! Some people said the story got boring after 35, and I couldn’t remember any part that was boring unless it’s involved YZH lol or understand how they could see it being boring! There is so much character developments in the last 10eps! I just love how YX and RG being separated but they are closer to each other than ever, with YX tried to push her away, while she is trying to pull him back! And as much as there was this misunderstanding between the two of them, he still cares for her, he showcases a colder side to her, but it’s still full of love.

thank you for sharing the translation of Vic’s interview on how he tackle YX. I admire that courage, the director most likely think the viewers might not like it, but Vic wants to pay homage to the original character, even just a bit. Kudo for that!

I think what make YX even more special is he’s warm, he is not afraid of letting the girl wins! Many guys are cold personality, has so much pride, struggle between pride and love, YX is all about the girl, he doesn’t care what people thinks of him. He is also cheeky, and is good and warm toward everyone. Whereas a lot of other traditional male leads are jerks to everyone but the girl >_> I think YX is the whole package deal lol, everything about him makes him special! The maturity, openness (to talk to RG and ZF), warm, while being wise and dashingly handsome, cheeky and never boring.... this guy is unreal lol

there is a YouTube Video of how Vic always had a fan with him, considering his character made of snow and ice, no wonder he’s melting xD he’s just that into character :D

regarding DH, I like Vengo, and because he was the original DH, anyone replaces him will receive backlash and a lot of pressure, so best to stay clear and let Vengo plays DH lol. Haven’t read the book, but since they kinda change DH for 3l3w the drama, they might keep the drama version rather than the book version but we will have to wait and see. Is the book a sequel? A prequel or a more details story?

Haha yes he is isn’t it? I saw that interview too. He said he’s always perspiring as it’s very hot and humid and they gotta keep touching up before 543! so funny hehe...

May I add that before this drama I don’t know about DD and ZBB so this is the first time I’ve seen them before. I’m really slow compared to the rest of you experts here. Some of the shows you guys mentioned here I’ve never heard before! I’d love to explore some of the dramas.

I also resonate with everyone on ep 48 too <333333!!! I'm going to miss our OTP YX and RG. I love how patience and flexible YX is towards RG, he guide her but also allow her to make her own mistakes along the way. He truly is the perfect guy for her, as he understands her and loves her very much. 

5 hours ago, xxue said:

I would love to see this but it wasn’t loading at all! Is it restricted by country?

Update. I can watch it already! Thank you for the video! I love it. I think it was the wifi at the airport earlier. I went back to my hotel and tried and managed to watch it. 

I know most of us love YX that is why we always come and visit this forum eventhough it was over.

Who wont love him after hear this words, “ She can only indebted to me.... ! “

Lets continue supporting him ! 

7 hours ago, ella777 said:

I know most of us love YX that is why we always come and visit this forum eventhough it was over.

Who wont love him after hear this words, “ She can only indebted to me.... ! “

Lets continue supporting him ! 

Yes, that sentence when he told ZF in the jail was so touching that he is trying to repay for RG. She only indebted to him and nobody else. So touching, that I want to cry. I hope we can support this thread even those the series is over.

2 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

Yes, that sentence when he told ZF in the jail was so touching that he is trying to repay for RG. She only indebted to him and nobody else. So touching, that I want to cry. I hope we can support this thread even those the series is over.

I’m supporting him by rewatching this to death lol! I really wish I could download this on Vietnamese version as the eng version cut the dialog quite a bit >_< guys, please sell the properly sub version on iTunes? I will pay lol! Or sell the drama in Chinese then sell the sub that will work with it on iTunes! So I can get them in Vietnamese and English lawl! They need to start selling these drama on itunes lol

46 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

There so many drama release, but my mind is set to this drama and keep re-watched. It's seem I'm stuck in the loop of TFD. Never get tired of watching YX & RG. Am I the only one that get stuck.

Not just you lol. Currently I’m not interested in anything that is currently out. Siege of fog has finished but I read the ending, and the time period is my least favourite, so imma pass, plus the storyline seem ordinary.

the three kingdom one seems interesting but I felt the story sound like the one from Leonardo DiCaprio, plus I tend to love wuxia more than historical drama. Anyway, I’m a pretty lazy drama viewer, in a sense that if I don’t care for the actors in the drama nor the plot, I will look at the number of episodes then move on lol or watch 1 ep and move on. Cdrama needs to reduce their length lol, some series don’t need 40+ ep lol, and each year, it just keep getting longer lol. Now avg is 50ep, and the sweetness like fog is like 60, no ty lol

For those looking for something to watch - I have just finished watching MARS for the first time. It is an older Taiwanese drama starring Vic Chou. The themes are kinda dark but the drama is well written and well acted. It is often said to be the best Taiwanese drama after Meteor Garden.

For those of us who loved Vic Chou's acting as Yin Xue, it is this drama that he credits as stimulating his interest in really acting as oppose to just being an 'idol'. :)

MARS with english subs is available on Youtube.

9 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

There so many drama release, but my mind is set to this drama and keep re-watched. It's seem I'm stuck in the loop of TFD. Never get tired of watching YX & RG. Am I the only one that get stuck.

Same here, there is only a few of drama that make you stick and cant wait for the next episode. Currently there is nothing. 

I just finished!!!! YX love for RG is dedicated and strong. He will love and wait for her any lifetime. I really like their relationship and how their story is write out. The ending was satisfying.....

Spoiler

because they end up together and as one. There is no more evil that is going to to attack their love or them.

Wow I'm so glad I watched this drama <333! Vic is so perfect for this role! He needs to do more wuxia drama!!!! He is a great actor with his face emotions and just playing YX so well. Every casts in this drama is perfect for their role. ZBB is so handsome in the drama and although his character sucks, he was able to redeem himself. All the bad characters are actually bad but they also have good in them too. So overall this drama has a bit if everything, and I especially love how it wasn't fast forward or rushing at all, unlike other drama

Spoiler

PA was rushing the ending. I hate that dragging.

I just wish there were more kissing and romance action for YX and RG!!! lol but overall I can see how beautiful their love is for each other too. 

8 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I just finished!!!! YX love for RG is dedicated and strong. He will love and wait for her any lifetime. I really like their relationship and how their story is write out. The ending was satisfying.....

Reveal hidden contents

because they end up together and as one. There is no more evil that is going to to attack their love or them.

Hide contents

PA was rushing the ending. I hate that dragging.

I just wish there were more kissing and romance action for YX and RG!!! lol but overall I can see how beautiful their love is for each other too. 

Lol I know, PA was so dragging in the middle. Then the ending........

we all wish there were more kissing, but since DD is not familiar with Vic, and the age gap is 10+, it’s best to not I guess. Even with Vengo in 3l3w, their kisses were a bit dead lol. I remember when Yoona was first got into acting, she was like 18, and all her costar is 8-10yrs older than her, so they only touch lips if no kissing at all lawl. And Koreans are more open to kissing than Chinese. 

Archived