[Drama 2017] ♚ Seven day Queen 7일의 왕비 ♚

Admin

22 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Ooo. Viki's not that good with subs I think. Sometimes, I read some very weird lines in Viki. They just convoluted some sentences so much. Lol

True... Sometimes their subs in quite confusing, that I needed dictionary at my side.... Or sometimes, I haven't finished reading them all, because it's too long then there's the next scene... I just prefer simple translations...

18 hours ago, MillyR said:

Seo Noh? kkkkkkkkkkkk She would be bored out of her wits with Seo noh's puppy eyes and his always in awe looked when Chaegyeong around.  He put our girl on  a too high pedestal to be admired only kkk.

Oh MY what a circus IG had turned into because of her IVs.kkk - and lots  got lost in translation too.

But there are lot more  interesting  things she talked about but as usual the reporters needed to do that circus talking about her previous costar - like that the most important thing instead of her and all the casts hardship in filming 7DQ.

One minor thing she talked about in her interview quite interesting - she said she personally witnessed/saw YWJ's real name is Kim Bong Hwe. Did he show her his ID card ? kkkkkkkkkkkkk

She said YWJ is an actor a combination of 우진스러음 Woojinliness ( urban YWJ) and 봉회스러움 Bongliness( my guess the 'village' Bong Hwi - in the wedding ceremony BTS- you could hear his distinctive Gangwon dialect a bit when he talked - must be too excited till forgot his city image kkk) - genuine, professional and sophisticated.

She used a lot of this word when talking about YWJ - '감동 - to be impressed,  to be touched, affected

And described LDG as cute too .

She is afraid of height but she endured 5 hours for filming for that scene. That what she said this filming is just like she was in the reality show - Real Man - the hardship she endured. That  a show about physical training for army right?

OKay at first, I said, everything's on wikipedia now... But when you she said, personally saw his real name...  As in, what kind of proof??... LOL..

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

True... Sometimes their subs in quite confusing, that I needed dictionary at my side.... Or sometimes, I haven't finished reading them all, because it's too long then there's the next scene... I just prefer simple translations...

OKay at first, I said, everything's on wikipedia now... But when you she said, personally saw his real name...  As in, what kind of proof??... LOL..

The easiest probably would be a driving license. But I don't know what context would have brought that up though. Lol

So, they must have talked and interacted a lot. Aaarggghhhhh. I need more BTS!!!

1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

The easiest probably would be a driving license. But I don't know what context would have brought that up though. Lol

So, they must have talked and interacted a lot. Aaarggghhhhh. I need more BTS!!!

I just really wish YWJ, would be more recognized as an actor (popularity would be a bonus, though it seems he's not hunger for that)... Just saw on a magazine interview that he would also want to become a director..

7 hours ago, hrh77 said:

Hahaha that the beauty of korean language - one particle/ending will affect the way the sentence in interpreted. That was why the circus in IG happened courtesy of Mr. Google.

- for that one sentence 본명은 김봉회 더라고요 translated as his real name is Kim Bong Hwi but by using the ending ~더라고 making the sentence more personal instead of just knowing the info from wiki  kkkk

coz that ending used for

~더라고요:

Used to indicate the speaker directly saw, heard, or felt some previous event or action

Equivalent to "I personally witnessed..."

http://keytokorean.com/classes/intermediate/intermediate-grammar-33-더라고요-i-personally-witnessed/

Thank you so much for translating the articles to us.  Goodness....now I can perfectly understand why the interviewer asked her if there is a chance for them to date...she seems to be so into him 

hahahah that's the truth coz she been talking highly of him that what prompted the reporter to ask - she said NO firmly but then burst out laughing kkkkkkkkkkk.

연우진 선배님은 촬영장에서 정말 편안하게 대해주세요.
그런데 붙는 장면마다 명혜는 이역에게 혼만 나요.
매일 혼나니까 무서웠어요. 하하

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170811/85787546/2

Poor Gobyeol. She said YWJ sunbaenim is realy easy going but sticking to his character she would be scolded by him almost everyday. That really made her scared. Haha

But it was scary actually watching yeok scolded MyungHye especially the scene when she sneaked into the house and pretended to be a maid to be near Chaegyeong. He really looked  like he hated her to the core in that scene.

6 hours ago, MillyR said:

Hahaha that the beauty of korean language - one particle/ending will affect the way the sentence in interpreted. That was why the circus in IG happened courtesy of Mr. Google.

- for that one sentence 본명은 김봉회 더라고요 translated as his real name is Kim Bong Hwi but by using the ending ~더라고 making the sentence more personal instead of just knowing the info from wiki  kkkk

coz that ending used for

~더라고요:

Used to indicate the speaker directly saw, heard, or felt some previous event or action

http://keytokorean.com/classes/intermediate/intermediate-grammar-33-더라고요-i-personally-witnessed/

hahahah that's the truth coz she been talking highly of him that what prompted the reporter to ask - she said NO firmly but then burst out laughing kkkkkkkkkkk.

Poor Gobyeol. She said YWJ sunbaenim is realy easy going but sticking to his character she would be scolded by him almost everyday. That really made her scared. Haha

But it was scary actually watching yeok scolded MyungHye especially the scene when she sneaked into the house and pretended to be a maid to be near Chaegyeong. He really looked  like he hated her to the core in that scene.

If he convincingly loved PMY as CK, he should convincingly hate Gobyeol's MH. Otherwise, we wouldn't buy it. That being said, I wouldn't want to be in Gobyeol's position. Lol. Kudos to her, she did a good job. :D

I think Yeok was mean to almost everyone at some point or the other. 

He was mean to CK as Nak Cheon.

He was mean to Seo No deliberately once.

He keeps shouting at his mom and MH because they deserve it.

He shouts at his hyungnim.

He shouts at Park. (He should have done more)

Etc. If not for the situations he's in we would think he has some anger management issues. LOL

On 10/08/2017 at 11:57 AM, shimshimae said:

But in defence of Yeok, I just want to say that, he loves his wife a lot. Sometimes, love is not enough. But he loves her thinking it's enough anyway. And his love encompasses so many shades of love - the best of all is his slow/sweet/considerate love - his own marveling at how awesome his wife is. LOL. Very difficult to see such open admiration in any drama. 

Right?  His love for her is so whole and open and adoring and that's rare in a sageuk from a male character. I think people also forget how young they are because the actors are older but CK and Yeok are only 18 so it's believable that they are both naive at times in their love for each other.

On 10/08/2017 at 5:22 PM, shimshimae said:

Ooo. Viki's not that good with subs I think. Sometimes, I read some very weird lines in Viki. They just convoluted some sentences so much. Lol

I have to admit as grateful as I am to the subbers on viki as I realise they are unpaid volunteers some of the subs were pretty bad to the point that even my non-korean speaking self could tell they were wrong.

On 10/08/2017 at 9:27 PM, MillyR said:

Oh MY what a circus IG had turned into because of her IVs.kkk - and lots  got lost in translation too.

But there are lot more  interesting  things she talked about but as usual the reporters needed to do that circus talking about her previous costar - like that the most important thing instead of her and all the casts hardship in filming 7DQ.

One minor thing she talked about in her interview quite interesting - she said she personally witnessed/saw YWJ's real name is Kim Bong Hwe. Did he show her his ID card ? kkkkkkkkkkkkk

She said YWJ is an actor a combination of 우진스러음 Woojinliness ( urban YWJ) and 봉회스러움 Bongliness( my guess the 'village' Bong Hwi - in the wedding ceremony BTS- you could hear his distinctive Gangwon dialect a bit when he talked - must be too excited till forgot his city image kkk) - genuine, professional and sophisticated.

She used a lot of this word when talking about YWJ - '감동 - to be impressed,  to be touched, affected

And described LDG as cute too .

She is afraid of height but she endured 5 hours for filming for that scene. That what she said this filming is just like she was in the reality show - Real Man - the hardship she endured. That  a show about physical training for army right?

Thanks @MillyR for more translations.  LMAO her comments have set of so many different shipper fandoms off. It's hilarious!

It's good to read that she and YWJ interacted so much and she really appears to like and admires him.  I'm always happy if co-stars get on well as I'm sure it makes their job easier especially if they are playing characters as in love our OTP.  They obviously worked very well together and this translated to their fantastic chemistry.

She really suffered filming this drama. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must have been up on the wire in costume the hot weather having to act and with a phobia of heights as well.  Or poor Woo Jin and his eye. His injury sounds really bad but he still soldiered on.

Some of the other translations talk about the conditions they were working under and I have so much gratitude and admiration for the cast and crew for what they went through to make 7DQ.

14 hours ago, hrh77 said:

I just really wish YWJ, would be more recognized as an actor (popularity would be a bonus, though it seems he's not hunger for that)... Just saw on a magazine interview that he would also want to become a director..

He is an excellent actor but seems like he is so private and avoids publicity. He's hard to find since the drama ended whereas most agencies and actors after a well-received romantic lead like Yeok would be lining up photoshoots and interviews immediately after yet he even avoided the press at the wrap party.

9 hours ago, MillyR said:

LOL! Awww Poor Go Byeol. Thanks for sharing. I've seen pictures from her interview and wanted to hear what else she had to say about her experience filming as I was impressed by her acting.. Just goes to how what a good actor YWJ is.  In those scenes you could really feel his anger and frustration so I'm not surprised she was afraid :D

Ah there are more IV from Chaegyeong/minyoung. I hope I can translate a bit about the new interview because as we assumed before PDnim did decide to go for plan B, C, D to counter the low rating for the drama - as we talked about before - concentrate on perfecting the acting and drama instead of worrying about ratings. Let them talked about the quality of drama and acting instead of rating after the drama ended. Look like his plan work out as he wishes. This drama is a master piece.

They talked about that in this article http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000586042

BTW, I really respect YWJ intentionally or unintentionally by not releasing his iv yet, by doing that he gives the attention and the limelight to his female costars' minyoung and goboyeol  first. Normally after the drama ended, always the male lead getting all the attentions because as usual the male actor gained more fans after being so swoon worthy in the drama. But I hope soon they will release hisiv. Really soon please.

Just open IG, now is full with about the candy show  - before about 'visiting right' - wonder what issue going to be next................

This another excerpt from minyoung's iv

박민영은 자신의 실제 면모에 대해 “이미지상 선입견들을 많이 가지시는 것 같다. 사실 나는 세팅하고 다니지 않는다. 그래서 편하게 다닐 때는 주변 친구들이 ‘박민용’이라고들 한다. 성격상 꾸미지를 않는다. 집에서는 ‘똥머리’와 민낯을 주로 한다. 하지만 지금의 그런 선입견이 나쁜 건 아니니까 걱정은 안 한다. 평소에 나는 개구진 데가 많다”고 밝혔다.

Park Min Young talked about her true appearance " I carry a lot of prejudice about my image. The truth is I rarely go anywhere. Therefore, when it comes to relaxing. Many people said friends gathered in 'Park Min Young's corner". No need to keep up appearances. Staying at  home,  face without make up and in a bun hairstyle. But nowadays I am not that worried  because the prejudice is not that bad,  I have my ups and downs" she said.

“(연)우진 오빠가 나중에는 나를 같이 놀리더라. 그런 현장이 좋았다. 나와 함께 드립을 공유할 수 있는 파트너를 만나면 좋다.(웃음)

Yeon Woo Jin oppa later on teased me. That kind of scenario is nice.

If meet a partner who able to share drip(? coffee) with me, that's nice. (smile)

* or If meet a partner who able to come out share drip/coffee, that's nice.(laughter)

not sure 나와 - translate as "with me" or "come out "

연우진 씨도 개구진 면이 있더라. 그런데 꼭꼭 숨겨놓는 스타일이다. 오빠 키가 183cm인데, 내가 플랫을 신고 앞에 서 있으면 키 차이가 많이 나는 걸 보고 나를 앞에 세워놓고선 그렇게 채경이를 찾았다. 오빠는 조곤조곤 놀리는 편이었다”

"I've realized that Yeon Woon Jin-ssi has a gag-side ( funny side too). It's a stealth/subtle style. Oppa is 1.83 m height, when I was standing in front of him on the same flat level, he would be searching for Chaegyeong ( *Can't find Chaegyeong - too short hahahaha). Oppa would kind of subtly tease me in whispers."

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170810082606331?f=m

There a lot more interesting things in this article- it kind of takes forever to translate hahahaha

On 8/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, MillyR said:

coz that ending used for

~더라고요:

i hope it's not a bts or off cam for real... hahaha..otherwise that's gonna be a big issue...

11 hours ago, MillyR said:

Ah there are more IV from Chaegyeong/minyoung. I hope I can translate a bit about the new interview because as we assumed before PDnim did decide to go for plan B, C, D to counter the low rating for the drama - as we talked about before - concentrate on perfecting the acting and drama instead of worrying about ratings. Let them talked about the quality of drama and acting instead of rating after the drama ended. Look like his plan work out as he wishes. This drama is a master piece.

They talked about that in this article http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000586042

BTW, I really respect YWJ intentionally or unintentionally by not releasing his iv yet, by doing that he gives the attention and the limelight to his female costars' minyoung and goboyeol  first. Normally after the drama ended, always the male lead getting all the attentions because as usual the male actor gained more fans after being so swoon worthy in the drama. But I hope soon they will release hisiv. Really soon please.

Just open IG, now is full with about the candy show  - before about 'visiting right' - wonder what issue going to be next................

Hide contents

박민영은 자신의 실제 면모에 대해 “이미지상 선입견들을 많이 가지시는 것 같다. 사실 나는 세팅하고 다니지 않는다. 그래서 편하게 다닐 때는 주변 친구들이 ‘박민용’이라고들 한다. 성격상 꾸미지를 않는다. 집에서는 ‘똥머리’와 민낯을 주로 한다. 하지만 지금의 그런 선입견이 나쁜 건 아니니까 걱정은 안 한다. 평소에 나는 개구진 데가 많다”고 밝혔다.

Park Min Young talked about her true appearance " I carry a lot of prejudice about my image. The truth is I rarely go anywhere. Therefore, when it comes to relaxing. Many people said friends gathered in 'Park Min Young's corner". No need to keep up appearances. Staying at  home,  face without make up and in a bun hairstyle. But nowadays I am not that worried  because the prejudice is not that bad,  I have my ups and downs" she said.

If meet a partner who able to share drip(? coffee) with me, that's nice. (smile)

연우진 씨도 개구진 면이 있더라. 그런데 꼭꼭 숨겨놓는 스타일이다. 오빠 키가 183cm인데, 내가 플랫을 신고 앞에 서 있으면 키 차이가 많이 나는 걸 보고 나를 앞에 세워놓고선 그렇게 채경이를 찾았다. 오빠는 조곤조곤 놀리는 편이었다”

"I've realized that Yeon Woon Jin-ssi has a gag-side ( funny side too). It's a stealth/subtle style. Oppa is 1.83 m height, when I was standing in front of him on the same flat level, he would be searching for Chaegyeong ( *Can't find Chaegyeong - too short hahahaha). Oppa would kind of subtly tease me in whispers."

There a lot more interesting things in this article- it kind of takes forever to translate hahahaha

Take your time to translate, hahaha... I will be patiently waiting..

11 hours ago, MillyR said:

Reveal hidden contents

just wondering what's that Pd Nim's plan BCD??..... anyway, ending wise it's perfect..

13 hours ago, MillyR said:

Hide contents

Thank you so so much for the further translations. Your hard work is appreciated.

I'm really curious what PD's attitude was to  the ratings.  So they decided to just make the drama as high quality as possible instead of trying to chase ratings?  I think that was the right decision as this drama is a gem and it will benefit from word of mouth for a long time. The ratings must have been very disappointing but they obviously made the best of the situation as team morale and camaraderie during the drama was still high and everyone is proud of the drama as they should be.

LMAO at YWJ teasing her about her height :D:D  Wish we'd seen those scenes in the BTS! Sounds like they have a cute relationship.

PMY is really setting the different fandoms on fire with just a few words lol!

Yes... thank you for all the translations on the IVs...still finding it very hard to let go...still rewatching...not getting into any other dramas currently....7dq has ruined me...lol...in a good way...

So please take your time and translate any available data on the show...really enjoy reading the comments both here and on DB

Think my crack is sageuk with potentially tragic endings with romcom thrown in...lol

Love love love the OTP and Ldg

2 more paragraph from the same articles. No wonder sometimes Minyoung's face look a bit shiny in the drama. My guess they needed to use filter or whatever CG effect because her face was red - she had an allergic reaction due to her sensitive skin. She did suffer a lot for this drama.

그동안 연기를 하면서 수많은 눈물을 흘려봤지만 7일의 왕비’에선 눈물의 깊이가 달라야만 했다. 단순히 연인과 헤어져서 흐르는 눈물이 아닌, 생사의 갈림길에서 혹은 부모님이 나의 실수로 죽음에 이른다든지 쏟아내야하는 감정이 묵직했고 박민영은 “소녀의 눈물이 아닌 여인의 눈물이어야했다. 도전이었다”고 정리했다

In the meantime, a lot of tears spilled during acting, but the depth of the tears had to be different in intensity in the 'Seven Days of the Queen'.  The spilled tears were not merely because of the separation with one's lover, (but) because she was at the crossroad between life and death, her parents were dead because of her mistakes, regardless of whatever the situation was, I needed to pour out with the heavy emotions", and Park Min Young said  "It was not tears of a young girl but tears of a woman. It's a challenge."

“시청자분이 글을 봤는데 7일의 왕비’가 아니라 7리터의 눈물’이라고 제목을 바꿔주셨더라고요. 정도로 눈물을 많이 흘렸어요. 근데 피부가 여린 탓에 알레르기 약까지 먹어가면서 촬영했습니다. 나중에는 화장이 지워져서 민낯으로 그냥 찍기도 했어요. 연우진 오빠가 ‘볼 빨간 말고는 괜찮아. 예뻐’라고 해줘서 ‘예쁘다는 건가? 그럼 됐다’라고 위안 삼았었어요.(웃음)

"I saw an article written by a viewer, but he/she rephrased the title of the drama as " 7 liters of tears " instead of" Queen for 7 days. " I was so tearful to that extent. But had allergic reaction due to sensitive skin, so I needed to consume medicine even though needed to film. At the end ( of filming) my makeup was always almost washed out leaving only a bare face without any make up on. Yeon Woo Jin oppa  would say " Still  okay except for the red  cheek. Pretty".  'Is that pretty?' Well, that's enough .  He used to comfort me. (Laughter)"

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000586042

58 minutes ago, MillyR said:

2 more paragraph from the same articles. No wonder sometimes Minyoung's face look a bit shiny in the drama. My guess they needed to use filter or whatever CG effect because her face was red - she had an allergic reaction due to her sensitive skin. She did suffer a lot for this drama.

그동안 연기를 하면서 수많은 눈물을 흘려봤지만 7일의 왕비’에선 눈물의 깊이가 달라야만 했다. 단순히 연인과 헤어져서 흐르는 눈물이 아닌, 생사의 갈림길에서 혹은 부모님이 나의 실수로 죽음에 이른다든지 쏟아내야하는 감정이 묵직했고 박민영은 “소녀의 눈물이 아닌 여인의 눈물이어야했다. 도전이었다”고 정리했다

In the meantime, a lot of tears spilled during acting, but the depth of the tears had to be different in intensity in the 'Seven Days of the Queen'.  The spilled tears were not merely because of the separation with one's lover, (but) because she was at the crossroad between life and death, her parents were dead because of her mistakes, regardless of whatever the situation was, I needed to pour out with the heavy emotions", and Park Min Young said  "It was not tears of a young girl but tears of a woman. It's a challenge."

“시청자분이 글을 봤는데 7일의 왕비’가 아니라 7리터의 눈물’이라고 제목을 바꿔주셨더라고요. 정도로 눈물을 많이 흘렸어요. 근데 피부가 여린 탓에 알레르기 약까지 먹어가면서 촬영했습니다. 나중에는 화장이 지워져서 민낯으로 그냥 찍기도 했어요. 연우진 오빠가 ‘볼 빨간 말고는 괜찮아. 예뻐’라고 해줘서 ‘예쁘다는 건가? 그럼 됐다’라고 위안 삼았었어요.(웃음)

"I saw an article written by a viewer, but he/she rephrased the title of the drama as " 7 liters of tears " instead of" Queen for 7 days. " I was so tearful to that extent. But had allergic reaction due to sensitive skin, so I needed to consume medicine even though needed to film. At the end ( of filming) my makeup was always almost washed out leaving only a bare face without any make up on. Yeon Woo Jin oppa  would say " Still  okay except for the red  cheek. Pretty".  'Is that pretty?' Well, that's enough .  He used to comfort me. (Laughter)"

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000586042

Thank you @MillyR. :D

Omo. LOL. These two are so cute. :D

Why is she quoting him so much?? Generally, we talk about people when we are excited about them. She said so many things we wouldn't have otherwise known!!

@minwoojin @saved2K (and other shippers) 

Not only she knows his body measurements, shoe size, real name....She knows YWJ likes her without makeup (except for red cheeks which she wouldn't get if she wasn't crying)....I mean, isn't that solid foundation for a relationship right there? 

And I like how YWJ answered, "Still pretty except for red cheeks." Boy is he smooth or what. If he simply said "pretty" she wouldn't have believed him or would have thought that he was trying too hard but his line was so perfect. Funny+real+comforting :D

PMY, what else did Yeo Woo Jin Oppa do for you? :D:D

@MillyR  Thank you again for the translations.  It's good to see that despite the terrible heat and not so encouraging ratings, the atmosphere at the set is very pleasant.  Indeed, this drama is a product of good teamwork.

Happy to see that Park Min Young and Yeon Woo Jin are working well together and love that Oppa is always there to encourage and cheer her up:heart:

@shimshimae... I am warning you don't turn this into a shipper's thread LOL.  Yay..... Park Min Young is really AMAZING.... where can you find a drama that becomes even more exciting and interesting after it has been aired???   Now you have to seriously go back to some scenes to check what she was talking about.  I saw some posts in the 7DQ DC doing the same too:blush:

Reading all her interviews....thanks to @MillyR made me feel the drama is just starting hahaha

5 minutes ago, saved2K said:

@shimshimae... I am warning you don't turn this into a shipper's thread LOL.  Yay..... Park Min Young is really AMAZING.... where can you find a drama that becomes even more exciting and interesting after it has been aired???   Now you have to seriously go back to some scenes to check what she was talking about.  I saw some posts in the 7DQ DC doing the same too:blush:

Reading all her interviews....thanks to @MillyR made me feel the drama is just starting hahaha

Hahaha. I get too excited sometimes. LOL. 

Don't worry, I'll save my gushing for the shipper's thread. :D

I know right! I was so sad when it ended. It only got better :D PMY keep giving interviews girl!! :D I'm sure there are tonnes of details yet to be unearthed. :D:D

8 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Hahaha. I get too excited sometimes. LOL. 

Don't worry, I'll save my gushing for the shipper's thread. :D

I know right! I was so sad when it ended. It only got better :D PMY keep giving interviews girl!! :D I'm sure there are tonnes of details yet to be unearthed. :D:D

Hahaha.... Maybe Yeon Woo Jin is still memorizing his script but I will wait for his turn though I know it will not be as exciting as hers hehehe.  

Archived