[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fanvid highlights the relationship between Shen Wei(Zhu Yilong) and Zhao Yunlan(Bai Yu) from ep1-14. Although due to some local policy restriction, the drama couldn't show all BL themes and Lines. However the way the two actors act and the design of the Lines, you can really get there're something more than just friends and brothers between. Shen Wei has been waiting for Zhao Yunlan for 10000 years and he is truly care about Zhao Yunlan more than himself.

Another good thing about this drama is, unlike some other Chinese BL novel drama, this one doesn't have any additional unnecessary female characters, so the drama version is truly about the two guys, and even with some editing from the original novel, you can still find out the characters are the same as the original BL novel. 

22 hours ago, willjace said:

When does English subtitle come? I'm looking forward to.:sweatingbullets:

11 hours ago, charlesmorris said:

The subs by Orange Biscuit were taken down due to copyright claims.

This drama already got Eng sub until ep 3. The subber said the next ep only can come out during the first week of July.

You can watch the subbed episodes in Orange Biscuit's Facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/cc.orangebiscuit/videos

On 6/26/2018 at 7:09 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Not sure if the animated gifs will be successfully posted here. Happened to read this. Fans found that some fine parts from the novel are filmed or acted out...eg this part is described in the novel that when he grabbed the other's hand, his thumb half-teasingly touched the back of hand....while the other felt something and moved back. These are signs of BL parts in the novel. So while they toned down and avoided clear-cut names/labels on the relationship, certain subtle parts they still filmed it. Even something so easy to miss...esp for those who never read novel.

0075Ydavly1fsmqlyndx3g30eg08ahe6.gif

0075Ydavly1fsmqgvbqp8g3096089qv5.gif

https://www.weibo.com/6501161807/GmUies7Qr?from=page_1005056501161807_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1529971896052

I really want to read novel in English..
must have beautiful word around .. 

Talking about why there is great chemistry between the two characters, the actors did very good job on the details to show their relationship is much more than just friendship and brotherhood. This show already became one of the most popular drama in China nowadays.

1-14 ep hard to noticed details cut

1-14 ep shen wei eye acting

I developed a headache reading the computer translation, but I'm approaching ch 200. The main confusion is probably with regards to names as Zhao Yunlan never stays ZYL while Shen Wei is sometimes translated as "sinking" (??) amidst others.

But so far it has been quite clear that there is a lot of longing with SW and I think that Zhu Liyang is chanelling that in his acting. Just note his microexpressions in the video right above. It unfortunate that the translation fr parts when SW goes into Volder-mode (vodermort mode, geddit?:sweatingbullets:) is unclear.

ZYL is portrayed as a relaxed and chill guy, but he is nevertheless clearly attracted to SW. He is always teasing him and is always gleeful to incite SW's reaction.

Despite not remembering their past connection, ZLY seems to be the one pursuing SW, while the latters seems to keep his cards close to his chest. I hope the computer translation won't get any worse as some parts are different when compared with the live action series...

19 hours ago, node said:

yes you're right, in the novel, they're another couple in love.

& @dzareth Thank you so much for the spoiler! :wub: 

I hope they have more interaction in the drama. So far so good though (love it when Lao Chu hugged unconscious Newbie) :D

But I saw in the trailer Lao Chu fading away (like Infinity War), do they have bad ending in the novel? :(

So touching... :tears:

Sorry, sidetrack on another current drama (BL-hinted if there's such a word).

Spoiler

SCI谜案集 (loosely translated as SCI Mysteries series), got thread here.

Like "Guardian", this is another drama adapted from a BL novel of same name. Similarity is 2 persons paired up to investigate something. Here is non-fantasy, purely criminal theme. But feel Guardian's acting and chemistry is slightly better.

Notice recently, China mainland seems to close one eye....even if based on known BL novels and the acting btw the leads hinted at very strong bromance (after some scenes changes, no more obvious BL relationship), as long as the storyline doesn't directly announced as so, it's ok to film and show.

30 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Sorry, sidetrack on another current drama (BL-hinted if there's such a word).

Reveal hidden contents

SCI谜案集 (loosely translated as SCI Mysteries series), got thread here.

Like "Guardian", this is another drama adapted from a BL novel of same name. Similarity is 2 persons paired up to investigate something. Here is non-fantasy, purely criminal theme. But feel Guardian's acting and chemistry is slightly better.

Notice recently, China mainland seems to close one eye....even if based on known BL novels and the acting btw the leads hinted at very strong bromance (after some scenes changes, no more obvious BL relationship), as long as the storyline doesn't directly announced as so, it's ok to film and show.

Spoiler

I saw the trailers and have hunched its also from BL novel... 

Only feels the couple vibe faintly :mellow:

In my opinion a loose drama can be air depend on how influential the company (maybe have connection with the government). 

Btw one of the SCI actors look like Bernard... 

Archived