[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BreezeC, it seems that you are a native Chinese reader. If you don't mind, once you're finished he novel can you spoil me with some information about the story? Here are some things that I want to understand:

1. Who/ what is SW?
  2. Who/ what is ZYL?
  3. What is the relationship/ fate between the two? Were they really lovers 10000 years back or was it a student-teacher thing, or is there some sort of blood fued etc...
  4. What happened that separated them? Was there a prophecy/ curse/ misunderstanding? 
  5. What is the premise of this story? Is it about God/ immortality, dark vs evil etc.
  6. The ending.

I really wish I learned Chinese in school...:(

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

@BreezeC, it seems that you are a native Chinese reader. If you don't mind, once you're finished he novel can you spoil me with some information about the story? Here are some things that I want to understand:

1. Who/ what is SW?
  2. Who/ what is ZYL?
  3. What is the relationship/ fate between the two? Were they really lovers 10000 years back or was it a student-teacher thing, or is there some sort of blood fued etc...
  4. What happened that separated them? Was there a prophecy/ curse/ misunderstanding? 
  5. What is the premise of this story? Is it about God/ immortality, dark vs evil etc.
  6. The ending.

I'm also wondering what is their relationship. 

As I'm still waiting for the Eng Sub, it is not easy to interpret what is going on in the RAW version. Its already up to ep26 in youku.com and a lot of things are going on... 

I hope I have the big patience to wait for ep4 eng sub... 

It would have been nice if I too had chance to learn Chinese... 

5 hours ago, dzareth said:

1. Who/ what is SW?
  2. Who/ what is ZYL?
  6. The ending.

Actually, I am not a native Chinese reader but I can read Chinese up to a certain level so it is taking me some time to read this novel. lol From what I read up to so far, I think I can answer part/some of the questions. 

1. SW is sort of a unique being who I think are consider to be view as something between a god and a ghost. I haven't read up to the part where his past is revealed but so far, he is respected and feared by everyone (god, human, ghost etc) because his sword can kill any beings. 

2. ZYL is a human who is bestowed as the guardian who can travel between both realm (human and ghost) and keep evil spirits from doing harm in the human world. At first, he thought that every life time, a human would be chosen as the guardian but he later learned that he is the guardian himself who reincarnated as human in each lifetime.  

5. The premise of the story is very different from the drama since it is about the traditional Chinese culture of ghost, good vs evil, reincarnation etc and not sci-fi. Some of the scene in the novel is a little bit scary but the writer also add some unique humor in it to balance it out. For example, when they went on that road trip to that cave, they stayed overnight at that village and found a skull on the ground. Apparently, that entire cottage's underground is full of skulls and at night they will come out and attack them. By morning when it finally stopped, ZYL is so pissed that he asked everyone to dig up the skulls and destroy them. So one by one, they started smashing them to piece like cracking chestnut. lol

As for the other questions, I will answer them once I finished the novel. :) 

Thank you @BreezeC! You're a lifesaver:wub::wub:!

Yeah, I did get the idea that some parts of the novel was quite dark/ scary. But even from the jagged translation it gives the impression that the novel is brilliantly written. I look forward to you spoiling me a bit more in the future :D.

Some additional question for future

7. Their meeting in the first case - was that their first interaction in 10000 years?

8. Is God/ ghost Shen Wei a uni-being? Is he the only one with that soul slayer or is he one of a few? 

9. Can God/ ghost SW be killed?

10. Is ZYL a target of evil spirits? Are they trying to kill him (like the monk in Journey to the west)?

11. Has SW purposely avoided ZYL throughout his reincarnations? If yes, why?

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Hide contents

006GCJgugy1fsuhkprloqj33v92kyhdy.jpgWhat's the matter with her....?

Please tell me she's not in love with Zhao

@RPMDon't need to worry about her, in the novel she likes ZYL, and ZYL only trade her as colleague and friend, and in the drama it's exactly the same, ZYL it's only one direction love from her. After you see the follow gif, I'm sure you'll get ZYL doesn't take about the girl at all

https://imgur.com/IoqIZdo 

https://imgur.com/h0aDGft

https://imgur.com/7LXjJS0

@RPMoops, seems cannot add gif within reply: no matter what the girl does, ZYL and SW only have each in their eyes

IoqIZdo.gif

h0aDGft.gif

7LXjJS0.gif

So this is what he said:

Brother Black overcoat,  Go Slowly.

I wait for you:joy::love:

Waiting for Subs killing me.

I know after some time Viki definitely pick up this drama  (Mostly bromance drama subbed by viki ).

TTF (@TiantianF) Tweeted:

#镇魂 #Guardian #zhenhun #朱一龙 #zhuyilong #沈巍 #shenwei #白宇 #baiyu #赵云澜 #zhaoyunlan 

Shen: sorry. Whatever I’ve been hiding, I’ll tell when the time comes.

Zhao: Don’t worry, soon.

Shen: If I’ve learn more about electronics

Zhao: Then when can I get the chance to show off https://t.co/qPGD6WeLW0

Zhao fell into asleep. Shen put a jacket over him then sat aside, looking at the friend he searched for 10,000 years. He felt comfortable around him, almost cherish this peaceful moment. https://t.co/ID1IM95PTt

Bai Yu, as Zhao Yunlan in ZhenHun. 

His sleeping face is touching my heart. I’d fought for sitting next to him. 

I love them both, so much. https://t.co/zdKXxPEVpB

SUBBED 

SUBBED 

SUBBED 

SUBBED 

#镇魂 #Guardian #zhenhun #沈巍 #shenwei #夜尊 #night

Left, elder, dressed in black, black hair, puppy eyes, is Shen Wei, Lord of Ghost, Half-god half-demon.

Right, dressed in white, silver hair, is Night, Lord of Ghost, ruthless careless, wanted to break free from the dungeon. https://t.co/eWvy2VdJz5

#镇魂 #Guardian #zhenhun #沈巍 #shenwei

Portrait of young Shen Wei  from 二宫和也的攻from LOFTER. Authorized repost.

Shen Wei carrries heavy burden of guarding the peace, after Kunlun vanished, he was the only god(semi) that takes responsible.

The young Lord of Ghost, became god. https://t.co/VXBvBlfGax

Archived