[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

15 hours ago, saya2 said:

So DN want to be with SH just because she feel sorry and thankful to him not because she love him if that the case I don’t think she will end up with him because SH will not agree to be with DN just because she feel sorry towards him except she really love him 

SH would never be with DN if that is all he can have from her. He is not like JW who uses an previously hurt hand to hold on tight to DN. DN would have to realize she truly did love SH for him to accept her and prove to him its not sympathy or continue with JW or without being with both men.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMO OMO OMO ......what the heck is going on .... is that why the kisses between Chef and Dalnim were devoid of passion.  It was like watching a brother and sister try to kiss on the lips (grin and bear it).  I kept my disappointment to myself but after 120 episodes the kiss was not the kiss I wanted to see.  I’m wondering if Dalnim is choosing Chef out of loyalty because he stood by her and he has always supported her.   I still remember the time SHarlock bent down and tied Dalnim’s shoe...her heart fluttered.  Has her heart ever fluttered with Chef?  No.  She has deep feelings of gratitude toward him but not love.

I don’t like SHarlock’s reaction to Chef at this point in the hospital...he is bitter.

waiting to see what happens...   why are these two male leads so darn handsome! ! !  It’s a win-win either way!!

1 hour ago, desertflower said:

OMO OMO OMO ......what the heck is going on .... is that why the kisses between Chef and Dalnim were devoid of passion.  It was like watching a brother and sister try to kiss on the lips (grin and bear it).  I kept my disappointment to myself but after 120 episodes the kiss was not the kiss I wanted to see.  I’m wondering if Dalnim is choosing Chef out of loyalty because he stood by her and he has always supported her.   I still remember the time SHarlock bent down and tied Dalnim’s shoe...her heart fluttered.  Has her heart ever fluttered with Chef?  No.  She has deep feelings of gratitude toward him but not love.

I don’t like SHarlock’s reaction to Chef at this point in the hospital...he is bitter.

waiting to see what happens...   why are these two male leads so darn handsome! ! !  It’s a win-win either way!!

Must agree with you @desertflower. What happened to SH after his accident? Why was he broody, almost rude to JW? Aren’t they still friends? What happened to the kind gentleman that SH is? 

Having said that, DN and SH really look good together. :tongue:  Their visuals complement each other’s. 

We have only 2 episodes left. There’s still much to cover insofar as the 3-sided love is concerned. 

SH has decided with his near death experience to not just give up without at least fighting for DN. SH has always been the gentleman all this time. He has respected DN's feelings and rooted for her happiness. He stepped to the side feeling that it was best for DN if that was what she wanted. But after almost dying he is like no he is not doing that anymore. He would regret it for the rest of his life. Also he is prolly waking up to the fact that JW manipulated the situation. JW had it way too easy . He took SH's friendship and love for DN and used it for his own gain. He also knew that SH liked DN and he played on the fact that SH did not want to force his feelings on DN , but JW did that to her. JW never let her breathe and never let her think whether her feelings for him were of siblings or man and woman.

SH and DN had a spark many times in the past. JW saw it as SN did. As soon as SN pointed it out JW decided to get a ring and push his feelings.

IF he had done things the right way JW would not be in a panic and would not feel so insecure trying to force an early wedding. DN's response to that request was not what he wanted and that moment in her room was awkward between the two of them.

My thought has always been that DN is with JW out of gratitude. I feel like she is more like a sister to him then having a deep love of a woman for a man. I think JW knows this too but he hoped if he could get the ring on he would make her love him. DN loves him but is not in Love with JW.  I think DN also thought the same thing she would take the ring and hope that she would gain more feeling for him as a woman who loves a man. I don't think it has worked and his trying to push an early wedding is not what she was counting on with the way she feels at the moment.

On one hand I am glad SH is fighting and I hope he has no regrets if he does not get the girl cause he tried his all. But on the other hand WHY IN THE WORLD IS THE WRITER ADDRESSING THIS NOW? This should have been done 20 episodes ago.

From the written preview that @awsparkle was kind enough to figure out and translate..

"DN was acquitted in a retrial that clears her name and becomes excited about it. 

SH now will not concede to JW and have a life long regret of not trying to catch hold of DN's heart even though DN is with JW.  JW becomes angry even though he knows it's no fault of DN's 

SH request to have one day with DN to go on a date but JW meets with SH in order to persuade SH to give up DN

I'm not to sure about the last sentence. 
DN feels blessed to have JW but her heart and mind  is filled with pain towards SH."

The above just shows that JW is scared that he could loose DN and that she perhaps does not love him the way she should.

SN still lives in denail to her crimes even after mother brother and BS confess there crimes she has lied so much to she actually believe them.. YK on her knees begging the judge like that I thought to myself the judge should have told her right then she has her own crimes to pay for and stop begging for her whack out daughters life who shows no remorse for what she' done and beg for her own.. I hope the sentence was for both mother and daughter to spend the rest of they naturally life in prison since they choose to snatch others life without no chance of paroll SN showed not ounce of sympathy..  And still tried to blame everything on DM I guess DM coulod be the blame since she made all there plans fail one after the other..

11 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

On one hand I am glad SH is fighting and I hope he has no regrets if he does not get the girl cause he tried his all. But on the other hand WHY IN THE WORLD IS THE WRITER ADDRESSING THIS NOW? This should have been done 20 episodes ago.

@Ldy Gmerm  I do agree with you, Writer why now it would be better to end it on the note of her not being with either one..How it's going to look she breakup with JW this hour and choose SH the next.. This isn't DM's chatacter they make her look like she's changing men like you change underware.. Get Real Writer.. 

Greetings, Chingu...

Chickpea has no idea what is going on with this drama... :flushed:  Even with the apparent guilty verdict, this ending is far from satisfying and with three days to go, anyone want to bet SN gets out of prison and makes one last attempt on DN's life which ends in tragedy... at least that would be more interesting than the pablum the writer is force-feeding us now.  I gave up 60 hours of my life for... this?  Just want to say, though, the actress playing SN consistently "hit it out of the ballpark" with her portrayal of how a troubled young girl's fantasies can lead to obsession, delusion and destruction.  My opinion... best performance in this drama.  Then the actress playing Yoon did a good job--it takes a skilled actress to be able to convincingly portray two completely different character types in the same show, like a grieving, angry, vengeful mother becoming a remorseful, guilt-ridden mother seeking redemption for her past sins.  Most of all, though, I will be very happy indeed not to have to watch which of the two male leads would turn in the most insipid performance.  Daddy Choi gets my vote for most interesting male character in this drama and Mama Choi my vote for least likable character.  And Grandma Cha... well, if my life were a K-drama, I'd want to be Ms. Cha...  Cheers!

34 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

SN still lives in denail to her crimes even after mother brother and BS confess there crimes she has lied so much to she actually believe them.. YK on her knees begging the judge like that I thought to myself the judge should have told her right then she has her own crimes to pay for and stop begging for her whack out daughters life who shows no remorse for what she' done and beg for her own.. I hope the sentence was for both mother and daughter to spend the rest of they naturally life in prison since they choose to snatch others life without no chance of paroll SN showed not ounce of sympathy..  And still tried to blame everything on DM I guess DM coulod be the blame since she made all there plans fail one after the other..

@Ldy Gmerm  I do agree with you, Writer why now it would be better to end it on the note of her not being with either one..How it's going to look she breakup with JW this hour and choose SH the next.. This isn't DM's chatacter they make her look like she's changing men like you change underware.. Get Real Writer.. 

No matter how you look at it @sava2sava someone will get hurt and someone will feel guilty. From the written preview DN will have guilt towards SH and JW could end up hurt as well if DN decides to end the romance and stick to being family or wants to take time to realize if she truly loves him as a woman loves a man. Or if she has feelings for SH.

I have to agree as well even if DN does like SH too how does it look for her to move from one man to the other. At most I can only see this one of two ways.. DN is either going to continue on having realized she truly loves JW like a man or prefers to live as a sibling. DN could very well break things off and just have both men as friends and not wreck their friendship.

Of course for me things would never have come this far if there were not so many blocking the way.. SN was a given , but then there was JW who was very selfish in his own feelings. Then SH's mother who stepped in to warn DN off, Soon Hee's anger at SH"s family.. The obstacles are removed.. Soon Hee forgave the family, SN is in jail, but one road blocked remained and that was JW who never gave SH a chance to be able to show DN his love for her. With everyone commenting on SH's love for DN and his mom's warnings he never had a chance really .

Now SH ask for one day with DN and JW is not secure enough to even grant that. JUST WOW!!! My question is why should SH continue to allow JW to have it easy and just walk away without fighting for and showing DN how much he loves her. Even if he looses the fight at least he jumped in to try. I just don't see why this is happening in the last two episodes.

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

No matter how you look at it @sava2sava someone will get hurt and someone will feel guilty. From the written preview DN will have guilt towards SH and JW could end up hurt as well if DN decides to end the romance and stick to being family or wants to take time to realize if she truly loves him as a woman loves a man. Or if she has feelings for SH.

I have to agree as well even if DN does like SH too how does it look for her to move from one man to the other. At most I can only see this one of two ways.. DN is either going to continue on having realized she truly loves JW like a man or prefers to live as a sibling. DN could very well break things off and just have both men as friends and not wreck their friendship.

Of course for me things would never have come this far if there were not so many blocking the way.. SN was a given , but then there was JW who was very selfish in his own feelings. Then SH's mother who stepped in to warn DN off, Soon Hee's anger at SH"s family.. The obstacles are removed.. Soon Hee forgave the family, SN is in jail, but one road blocked remained and that was JW who never gave SH a chance to be able to show DN his love for her. With everyone commenting on SH's love for DN and his mom's warnings he never had a chance really .

Now SH ask for one day with DN and JW is not secure enough to even grant that. JUST WOW!!! My question is why should SH continue to allow JW to have it easy and just walk away without fighting for and showing DN how much he loves her. Even if he looses the fight at least he jumped in to try. I just don't see why this is happening in the last two episodes.

The best thing to make DN to end up with both men:D like what happen in manga vampire knight which have one of most complex love  traingle but in this manga we see from early that femal lead have feeling for both men unlike here in all 120 episode we didn’t see DN have any romantic feeling toward SH so if just at the last minute end up with him it will be strange , for me I love both men and at first I want DN and SH together but as story process I see the writer develop DN and JW love story more than SH and DN who barely have any romantic moment , so now it’s not making sense to make DN and SH together except if the writer make DN choose JW and marry him then SN kill him after that we see many years passed and DN with JW’s son visit his grave then we see SH stay beside her all this years and then we see DH tell him she can accept his heart now

@sava2sava

Agreed. The writers did a very poor job in executing the storyline. 

You can really tell how much about JW’s character towards his affection for DN. He’s so insecure that he can’t give SH literally a day with DN all to himself. It’s technically still less than 24 hours since the characters will also need time to sleep, get ready, work, etcetera, etcetera. What’s the reason for this though? Does JW know that DN isn’t really in love with him and because of that, he’s afraid to let her go for a minute? Especially to SH who there’s a possible chance that DN has special feelings for - not him. That’s just saying that he just wants her like a trophy. The fact that she’s with him is like JW proving that he’s the most important guy to DN. 

You can also tell the difference between the way DN is around JW versus her being around SH. I can’t remember a time in the drama where DN showed visible sparks between her and JW. The kiss they shared seemed forced if you ask me. It was like DN was unwilling to kiss him. I still agree with @Ldy Gmerm with the fact that DN was never in love with JW. 

On a a completely unrelated note, SH’s hair is pushed back again. 

Also looks like the housekeeper is long gone. 

5 minutes ago, musiqueetharmonie said:

Agreed. The writers did a very poor job in executing the storyline. 

You can really tell how much about JW’s character towards his affection for DN. He’s so insecure that he can’t give SH literally a day with DN all to himself. It’s technically still less than 24 hours since the characters will also need time to sleep, get ready, work, etcetera, etcetera. What’s the reason for this though? Does JW know that DN isn’t really in love with him and because of that, he’s afraid to let her go for a minute? Especially to SH who there’s a possible chance that DN has special feelings for - not him. That’s just saying that he just wants her like a trophy. The fact that she’s with him is like JW proving that he’s the most important guy to DN. 

You can also tell the difference between the way DN is around JW versus her being around SH. I can’t remember a time in the drama where DN showed visible sparks between her and JW. The kiss they shared seemed forced if you ask me. It was like DN was unwilling to kiss him. I still agree with @Ldy Gmerm with the fact that DN was never in love with JW. 

On a a completely unrelated note, SH’s hair is pushed back again. 

Also looks like the housekeeper is long gone. 

This is my view on JW as well. IF he is secure in the love DN says she has then allowing SH a day with her will hurt nothing. But JW is not secure he knows he has used guilt himself to hold on to DN. Now that SH risked his life and was willing to die for DN and did almost die with his last thought of DN he knows that his guilt trip with his hand can be over shadowed by SH if SH decides to truly asks DN to stay by his side and use that.

I too felt that JW saw her as a trophy and wanted to also push at SH that he is the most important man in DN's life.

Per the subs.. SH asked JW what would he do if he wanted to keep DN for himself? JW could say nothing but look at SH in shock and discomfort. SH just threw down the gauntlet. SH has admitted to DN, to his father and JW that he wants to be greedy and hold on to DN and keep her by his side. That his near death has made him not want to let her go.

I don't see anything but forced romance between DN and JW. When they are not dealing with couple issues they are fine and seem more like siblings but the min that JW tries for hugs or kisses we can see DN's face and its not that of a woman who is comfy and it has nothing to do with being shy in his arms. I don't think she has any flutters when she is with JW.

JW will not be able to let SH have that time because he is afraid of SH pushing guilt on her to keep her just like he did. DN is her own person with her own mind. He should be able to trust DN but he can't do it for fear that SH will achieve what he wants and that is DN. I think even though SH says he wants to be greedy and have DN for his own he will ultimately consider DN and not want to cause her pain.

The subs for Ep 122 came out early today. And in the subbed version,   I found it very interesting to learn that DN won employee of the year,  thus giving her a chance to travel overseas.  

Maybe that's an opening to how the writers would end the still ongoing race for her heart. It's now possible that DN would defer making a choice between the two men,  and she would instead leave for abroad. Then fastforward to 2 years later, DN would return married .....  to somebody else (who's neither JW or SH).  :lol:

6 hours ago, mel22 said:

The subs for Ep 122 came out early today. And in the subbed version,   I found it very interesting to learn that DN won employee of the year,  thus giving her a chance to travel overseas.  

Maybe that's an opening to how the writers would end the still ongoing race for her heart. It's now possible that DN would defer making a choice between the two men,  and she would instead leave for abroad. Then fastforward to 2 years later, DN would return married .....  to somebody else (who's neither JW or SH).  :lol:

I can see this possibly happening so that DN is not caught between the two men and feel guilty if she chooses one over the other. Perhaps in a short time jump DN does come back from abroad and JW has gotten over his feelings and has found love with someone new and SH could as well. DN keep the men as brother and friend with no pressure she will hurt either one and wreck a friendship.

This also gives DN the space to live her life without worry over how people will see her from her past and allow her to get away from JW and the feelings of guilt. I actually would prefer this scenario. (well SH still single waiting and DN realizing she either likes him  or is free to like him if JW found love elsewhere..)

I will say that I am glad that DN heard what SH's mom had to say. I do not agree that DN needs to consider him just because he risked his life for her. That is unfair to SH and to DN. The woman forgets that had she not warned off DN perhaps her son would have had more of a chance. Her actions are part of what harmed her son's chances of being with the person he love and giving him a chance to show his sincerity.

I feel like DN needed to see on what level the type of views she may end up getting from people over being with her step brother. Its not going to be received well. Even Soon Hee is not comfortable with this relationship. YR seems doubtful now too but is it because of SH's mothers words about DN giving SH a chance after his sacrifices for her or is it because she truly does not approve? As of now she really can't come out and say  to everyone that DN is her bio daughter. IF DN marries JW or continues on this path she will have to hide this fact but like everything it will eventually leak out.  YR said to Soon Hee that she was going to talk to them about a wedding date after DN was cleared but given what SH's mom said she will postpone it. (This should have been when JW came to them again to see if his plan to rush the wedding was going to be received well.)

Then later we see JW trying to be slick to push up the wedding date saying they already have approval from the elders. But here again he did not think to do a sanity check with the women to verify that they are still on board. HE wanted to just go and set a date and have a quick wedding with out their input except to be there. DN of course was not happy or comfy with that and you can tell and her cop out was to say that they do not decide those things on their own with out parental approval. That right there stopped him from doing the same thing all over again and using DN to go to the women and says DN is on board so don't worry lets marry. Its like he thought to hedge his bet again only this time it failed. If DN had said yes then he would have used that so the women could not protest as they would not want to hurt DN. But DN took that away from him and you can tell as he stood awkwardly there in her room he was not happy she was not jumping on board to hurry and marry. It was a desperate move to again show DN was his so SH could not try for her.

I have to say the only stand out for me is the actress playing SN. She has made you hate her guts for a 122 episodes so far and she is still continuing to kill the obsessed psychotic behavior that the character has over SH. All I could do is laugh at her outburst in court and her trying to paint even her mother as crazy for eating out of the trash while on the run. Her not wanting to admit fault with so much evidence and confessions from both her bother and mother were too funny. I guess she still did not want to be seen as bad to SH but I don't know how she could even manage it when she hit him with a car then pulled his life support. His days of seeing her as being good are OVER!!!

SN as usual was obsessing over SH then all of a sudden it was like Jack Nicholson in "The Shinning" and you could see the crazy be back on her again and she starts screaming about DN stealing him. About doing nothing wrong, about stealing back SH who belonged to her as she loved him first and JH stole him and about SH being the reason for everything as well. I laughed at one point when she said she did not mean to try to kill SH she just loved him. WOW !! What the heck type of love is that that you try to kill someone because they did not return your affection? I can tell you, its a CRAZY love and no one in their right mind would want that. Its the kind that the person that is so obsessed will kill you if you dare to love another or try to leave them (case in point.. SN). YK trying to talk her into letting go of her obsession did nothing. SN has lost touch of reality and just like the prosecutor told SN when you lie for so long you tend to believe your lies and that is SN to a "T". YK has a lot to pay for and I am sure she is now seeing what her greed and jealousy did to her daughter. SN is nuts and nothing will be able to change it. SN will continue to fluctuate on loving SH and then have a outburst that its because of him, JH and DN that her life is this way.

Her behavior is manic and at times a bit bipolar. One min she is crying over missing SH and he will not come to visit. As if getting out of his hospital bed to go see his attempted murderer with fond feelings is something that should be done!!! SN got angry when SH turned away from her in the court room. You could tell when she looked at him as they were struggling to drag her out. SN was warned that she would get a harsh sentencing if she did not admit her crimes and she continued to the very end to be defiant, stubborn and hateful. So a life sentencing for her and YK. I still do not like the fact YK is even allowed to see SN in jail. Perhaps with the sentencing over now they will be separated once they are moved to general population and a change of uniforms to the blue. My guess if that happens then YK and SN's suffering will really start being apart from one another. SN can't deal without her mother and YK will have to worry about how her daughter is doing without being by her side. It would be a fitting punishment for separating JH from YR and DN from Soon Hee.  Even now YK still only thinks of her child and never thought of YR, Soon Hee or SH's mom.

With only five years for SK we will have a time skip because we will need to see him getting out to start over perhaps with Ruby and his kid having been forgiven for his crimes since he paid for them with five years of his life. It is also not lost that he got about the same amount of time that DN got almost.

8 hours ago, mel22 said:

I would agree to this...the way the writer is going right now is really upsetting. The 3 of them have been friend and supporting each other almost all through the story. And now the writer want to make SH become a pathetic person. I know that the way the story written about the romance between DN & JW doesnt seem passionate, but it'll be so lame to change to SH at this late of stage.. (I thaught at the first that the OTP of this story are DN & SH).

*side note-not a shipper of SH & DN but I can feel real spark when SH & DN was forced into a romantic situation (at the early ep ocf the story...)

11 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

This is my view on JW as well. IF he is secure in the love DN says she has then allowing SH a day with her will hurt nothing. But JW is not secure he knows he has used guilt himself to hold on to DN. Now that SH risked his life and was willing to die for DN and did almost die with his last thought of DN he knows that his guilt trip with his hand can be over shadowed by SH if SH decides to truly asks DN to stay by his side and use that.

Greetings @Ldy Gmerm (imagine bowing emoggi)

Pardon me if someone has already said this... I think I previously saw it but based on the above, it bears repeating, JW is obsessed with DN just as SN was obsessed with SH, he's just not psychotic.  Isn't saying someone isn't "secure" in their love the same as saying they're not "in love" but "infatuated" (non-psychotic) or "obsessed" (psychotic).  That's what I actually liked about the SH and JH relationship, she was so "secure" in SH's love for her that she actually told SN to try her hardest to sway his heart.  That's love.  I didn't see the subtitles for the scene where SH encounters JH in the "al di la" but I'm thinking that encounter is the reason for his determination to pursue DN away from JW but, gee whiz, doesn't that too smack of incest... first one sister then the other.  :frown:  Not to mention the past bad blood between the families and the grief that DN can expect from her future mother-in-law.  Sigh...  there's lots of fish in that thar big ocean, DN should toss these two guppies back in and go deep sea fishing.  With CF, the patents and Yoon's power, position and money behind her she can do way, way better than these two.  Please writer-nim stop already with trying to put these three together like pieces of a two-piece puzzle... there's no way they'll fit together and there's no combination that has everyone happy in the end...  And after 60+ hours, we deserve a happy ending...

I like both SH and JW but SH’s fans really  strange they said about JW and DN being step sibilng and have romantic relationship is creepy but what is funny that a lot of Korea drama and some of them is very popular where the lead are step sibling or they thought they are real siblings and fell in love with each other like my father is strange , hotel king , that winter wind blow , wonderful mom  and heaven tree in these drama we didn’t saw them said it’s creepy to fell in love with your step sibling or how can they love each other when they are think they are sibling:blink:it’s the opposite we saw them cheering for the lead to end up together . 

It’s really amazing how can person change it opinion according to the character he like:lol:

in my country there is no law that prevent step sibling to marry each other since they are have no blood relation with each other , for me I see it’s ok for step sibling to marry if they love each other especially if they didn’t grow up with each other

I too was one who was suspicious of the scene where Hye Ri or Da Jung mentioned about going abroad. That's a very likely sign to say that DN will choose neither guys in this episode and go into the future for a few scenes in the last episode.

The thing(s) that bothers me is the lack of attention towards SH throughout this whole drama until now. The writer neglected him despite him being the male lead. There were only scattered bits here and there that the writer focused on him and DN together - the Couple Noodles, the protective hug, giving DN gifts - and now there's the big SH-risking-his-life-to-save-DN's-life scene. I would be okay with how SH woke up from his coma if the writers planned this a bit earlier on and didn't have SH"s personality change so quickly. I felt like SH was a bit too harsh on JW, but then again I don't. At least the guy is finally trying to win over DN. He stayed in the sidelines for way too long. After almost dying, SH was finally able to tell DN and JW (and his dad) that he wants to be greedy. Not once had he had done that until now. He even technically picked up a thing or two when JW injured his hand on faking his injury so that DN can take care of him more. There's a difference between JW's and SH's greed for DN; SH admits that he knows that he shouldn't be greedy but can't help himself. JW on the other hand, is a slight coward and doesn't even admit his greed. If he did and I missed it, please point it out for me ^-^.

Many people on a drama site after watching episode 122 started to complain about how similar SH is to SN. They ignore the fact that JW was (more) similar to her too. For my biased self, I'll still say that JW is more like SN for their obsession. SH being compared to SN is a big stretch if you ask me. He was willing to let go of DN and only started to try to fight for her after he barely escaped death. This is in the third to last episode. JW however, started early on in the drama and based on episode 123's written previews, he can't give DN up for a day and wants to get married ASAP. I've already state multiple reasons why JW is similar to SN in previous posts, so I won't say them again. As @Chickpea said, JH was willing to give SN a chance to try to win SH's heart when she was engaged to him. Why? Because she trusted SH's love for her and knows that she truly him. JW is engaged to DN, but doesn't give SH a day to have DN all to himself (I'm sorry, the fact that JW isn't willing to let go of DN for a literal day just boggles my mind). That's because  DN doesn't actually love him and JW doesn't actually love her. As many of us have previously said, JW's "love" is more like an obsession and him having DN is just a trophy. SH, is different in a sense that he never wanted DN as a trophy and just wanted her to be happy and even lets her take away all of his luck. That's literally the thing that DN remembers as SH is in a coma. She even says so herself that she will do the same for him if he lives.

Also, episode 122 said that SN committed a total of 22 crimes along with JH's death. I'm not even sure if that's all of it. There are too many to count. . . if you talk about just sins in general and not those that would count as criminal acts.

There may be many instances of someone falling in love with a step sibling but not every character follows through with it. In S. Korea it is a taboo. Even with DN not legally named as YR's daughter a lot of people know that she is or will know. With JW being on her registry as her son even if he has no blood tie to her it is seen as taboo. It may be ok to fall in love with a step sibling because you can't stop what your heart wants. But there is also a thing in S. Korea about this. The only time there is a min pass is when they are already married and then find out the connection even without blood. The min that JW found out he knew what it would mean. He knew that once YR found out there was a chance that his being with DN would be against everything. He decided to step away especially when Soon Hee even told him to let go of his feelings. He had no idea how YR would react and had she not had her own dirt that she had to go to jail for or if DN had not rejected her for so long I can't see YR agreeing. Because JW stuck by her in her own troubles and because she realized how she treated DN over the years and not listened to him when he said she was innocent YR has agreed to this marriage. Even if the law has been abolished many in South Korea will not handle this well. IT will be mostly DN who will have to deal with this. Also JW more than likely aware that once DN was put under YR it would totally make it harder to be with her even with any laws repealed and that is why he was quick to go to DN and say he has not given up his feelings. DN and YR do not share a name and JW does not but her name could have changed if she went on that registry to include Yoon.

This is what I found ... (interesting that there use to be a law that could have applied to this..)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_809_of_the_Korean_Civil_Code

What was creepy was not the love he had for her (other then the obsessive way he showed it on the sly.) it was because it seemed like it was his thought he deserved to have DN as his own because he knew her for so long and because of the scarf she gave him at his time of need.

He has not thought of the fact that even if it is ok legally that DN would not be able to call her birth mother Eomma like Soon Hee wanted and YR as well. He is taking away YR being able to have that honor as she has lost JH. As we can see Soon Hee is still not 100% agreeable to this. DN would be calling her birth mother Mother in law in public and even at home possibly (although I doubt it they are pretty lax in this house.)

No its not amazing that a person can change their opinion based on a character they like. Everyone's perception of a story line or a character is bound to be different then another individual that is watching the same drama. It's why this thread is here to allow everyone to voice their opinion even if it means that it does not go with what others see or think. There are many here who like JW and do not see what I and some others see. Just as there are some who like SH like myself who felt that SH was pushed to the wayside as the ratings either dropped or raised in order to keep the audience engaged by pushing JW. It's what makes watching drama's awesome so that everyone that is seeing the story may share a different idea or perception opening our eyes to a different view point.

The writer was certainly with in their right to take the characters however they wanted. But if it was going to be this type of situation then they should have changed the opening credits and limited the connection that they showed with SH and DN. In my opinion they never should have made DN YR's bio daughter or should have had JW break ties and come off of YR's registry. That way there is nothing for anyone to say if he went independent. That also allows DN to be under YR's registry if she had decided to like Soon Hee and YR wanted.

@musiqueetharmonie

I was one of the ones who compared JW to SN as well. JW was just slick with his and quiet as well. Where SN was in your face with the fact that she liked SH and wanted him and felt he was hers because of her feelings for him and was willing to get rid of anyone in her way JW kept things on the low and again my opinion is he was manipulating things when needed to be his way.  As I have mentioned before and others as well JW was fine until SN pointed out that there was a spark or something between SH and DN and then he kicked it up in high gear to declare himself. Before his hints to DN were being ignored as she was not willing to go there and felt she was not good enough for him. But once he got the idea there could be competition then things changed for him. While SN wsa always in DN's face accusing her JW was always popping up and then finally he surprised her with dinner and a ring.

@Chickpea

JH told SH to go back it wasn't his time and DN was waiting for him. The bad blood between the families has been resolved with SH risking his life to save DN. As for SH's mother she has some guilt on her head also. She pushed SN on SH even when he told them all he wasn't interested in SN that way. She never considered her son's feelings and only believed in SN. Now she's feeling sore because she thinks her son is being cheated after risking his life for DN. SH's mother is fickle minded and jumps from one ship to another. 

I agree JW is obsessed with DN and has done the same thing as SN. They both built their lives around SH and DN from their own fantasies from that one act of kindness they received from DN and SH. The only difference is they each took a different path using a different approach. SN is mentally crazy and outright showed her crazy. JW is not crazy but he's slick and a smooth operator and knows exactly what it takes to pull in a woman. 

@Ldy Gmerm

Since the writer made such a mess of this story the clean up will be DN does leave and  go abroad.  DN needs time and space to sort out her feelings for both men. Does she really love JW or is it just gratitude. From DN's reaction to the kiss I would say DN is not attracted physically to JW and she knows it. Her only focus is on JW who was the only one who believed in her innocent from the start. Even when DN was desperate to find her mother it wasn't JW but SH who over turned every stone and rock to find Soon-hee. It wasn't until SN brought to JW's attention there was some feelings starting to develop  between DN and SH. Then he actively jumps in and became a stalker and becomes the shinning star in DN's life. The hand incident was his sure ticket of pulling DN in. JW made DN feel more beholding to him. She has totally blocked out all that SH did and his belief in her innocents and only  sees JW as the one who stood by her and believed in her. Yes SH came on board later but he's the one who started the ball rolling that has gotten things to where they are now. 

JW couldn't say anything to SH and become embarrassed because he knows the wrong he committed against SH. He never thought SH would fight back and put his feelings first over their friendship. That's why he went into a panic and tried to rush DN into marriage. He doesn't want that can of worms to be opened because he knows there was some attraction between DN and SH. JW knows DN is not physically attracted.to him and doesn't love him. He thinks by marrying DN she will be his and with time those things will come. 

As for YR and Soon=hee they got their first taste of shame for approving the marriage. Soon-hee only agreed because it's what DN said she wanted. YR has become complacent in wanting to please JW and DN.. She's filled with a lot of guilt towards DN and JW. and thought  letting them marry will make up for some of the hurt she gave to them. I don't think things are going to go as JW has planned.

DN made a promise to JH she would find her killer and make them pay. Now they all have come before her memorial bit I don't think JH is resting in peace just yet. The man she loved is still hurting and still alone. She told him to go back because DN was waiting. Even though he came back SH is once again  suffering the pain of loss of someone he loves. This time it's her brother who has snatched away the woman he loves who is her sister. The only way JH will be able to rest in peace is if all of them have found their happiness. 

There may be many instances of someone falling in love with a step sibling but not every character follows through with it. In S. Korea it is a taboo. Even with DN not legally named as YR's daughter a lot of people know that she is or will know. With JW being on her registry as her son even if he has no blood tie to her it is seen as taboo. It may be ok to fall in love with a step sibling because you can't stop what your heart wants. But there is also a thing in S. Korea about this. The only time there is a min pass is when they are already married and then find out the connection even without blood. The min that JW found out he knew what it would mean. He knew that once YR found out there was a chance that his being with DN would be against everything. He decided to step away especially when Soon Hee even told him to let go of his feelings. He had no idea how YR would react and had she not had her own dirt that she had to go to jail for or if DN had not rejected her for so long I can't see YR agreeing. Because JW stuck by her in her own troubles and because she realized how she treated DN over the years and not listened to him when he said she was innocent YR has agreed to this marriage. Even if the law has been abolished many in South Korea will not handle this well. IT will be mostly DN who will have to deal with this. Also JW more than likely aware that once DN was put under YR it would totally make it harder to be with her even with any laws repealed and that is why he was quick to go to DN and say he has not given up his feelings. DN and YR do not share a name and JW does not but her name could have changed if she went on that registry to include Yoon.

This is what I found ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_809_of_the_Korean_Civil_Code

What was creepy was not the love he had for her (other then the obsessive way he showed it on the sly.) it was because it seemed like it was his thought he deserved to have DN as his own because he knew her for so long and because of the scarf she gave him at his time of need.

He has not thought of the fact that even if it is ok legally that DN would not be able to call her birth mother Eomma like Soon Hee wanted and YR as well. He is taking away YR being able to have that honor as she has lost JH. As we can see Soon Hee is still not 100% agreeable to this. DN would be calling her birth mother Mother in law in public and even at home possibly (although I doubt it they are pretty lax in this house.)

No its not amazing that a person can change their opinion based on a character they like. Its why this thread is here to allow everyone to voice their opinion even if it means that it does not go with what others see or think. There are many here who like JW and do not see what I and some others see. Just as there are some who like SH like myself who felt that SH was pushed to the wayside as the ratings either dropped or raised in order to keep the audience engaged by pushing JW.

The writer was certainly with in their right to take the characters however they wanted. But if it was going to be this type of situation then they should have changed the opening credits and limited the connection that they showed with SH and DN. In my opinion they never should have made DN YR's bio daughter or should have had JW break ties and come off of YR's registry. That way there is nothing for anyone to say if he went independent. That also allows DN to be under YR's registry if she had decided to like Soon Hee and YR wanted.

@musiqueetharmonie

I was one of the ones who compared JW to SN as well. JW was just slick with his and quiet as well. Where SN was in your face with the fact that she liked SH and wanted him and felt he was hers because of her feelings for him and was willing to get rid of anyone in her way JW kept things on the low and again my opinion is he was manipulating things when needed to be his way.  As I have mentioned before and others as well JW was fine until SN pointed out that there was a spark or something between SH and DN and then he kicked it up in high gear to declare himself. Before his hints to DN were being ignored as she was not willing to go there and felt she was not good enough for him. But once he got the idea there could be competition then things changed for him. While SN wsa always in DN's face accusing her JW was always popping up and then finally he surprised her with dinner and a ring.

By saying amazing I didn’t mean I am with them it was like funny comment to criticize them , I don’t see JW as obsessive man like what you said I see him as any man can feel jealous and want to win the heart of the woman he love without crossing the line . 

I really see both JW and SH as great men who both of them deserve to be happy  , like I said befor the best ending if  the writer make DN choose one of them then sena kill him and after few years she end up with other man it really will be the best ending where DN end up with both men

Archived