[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that Coach Choi is making a mistake too.FightMyWay11-00655.jpg

When he adviced Tak Su to fight DM as soon as possible because the latter wouldn't go after the adversary, when this was on the ground, Choi is misreading the reason for DM's weakness. He overlooks that DM had some issues because he saw Doo Ho as a friend. DM wanted to win by trying not to hurt too much Doo Ho. But in Tak Su's case, it is different. DM has a lot of resent. First, Tak Su has ruined his career in Taekwondo and is also behaving like a spoiled brat the entire time. All his schemes to ruin DM's career have made DM angry... so I don't think that DM will fight the same way, when he meets TS in the ring. First, TS will try to take advantage of DM's weakness, nonetheless DM will realise it very quickly. Secondly, all his anger and resent will come out. 

Anyeong Chingus…

Really love all ur in-depths about our casts! Loved them to bits too.

Let’s discuss this part that is bothering my byuntae mind up till now... (lol)

In Episode 11, we see DM keep wanting to kiss Aera. While feisty Aera wants to bring their relationship to the next level to makeup for their lost time.

And next, when DM expresses multiple times (I’m not complaining… kkkkk ) that all he sees is her lips, she seems flustered and shy. Wae yo?? Why is she feeling that way?

Ah I keep voting but we are loosing... Well 3 more days to go, hopefully we'll be able to go back up.

@bebebisous33 Annyeong!!! :D Always happy to see you in a thread. So glad you managed to catch up.

I had not thought much about YJ. Her bubbly personality does nothing to me so I never really got interested in her. But now that you mention that she might have planned it all by reading SH's blog, I think maybe I didn't not care for her because she was fake.

In a sense, she also makes me think of MB. MB felt inferior and frustrated because even though DM had nothing, he was happy. MB had it all but was unhappy. It was the whole inferiority complex which made him do horrible things like going to see him with DM's old high school crush or trying to take AR away. Wouldn't it be the same for YJ? Like you said, she has more than SH and yet she is missing love. In a way, perhaps she first started to look up to SH but then she wanted to be her and steal what was hers. So yes, I see a lot of similarities with CiTT... And like for CiTT, I like how this show shows how people are messed up, how things do evolve in real life. Jealousy is an ugly thing and can make you do horrible things. Oh and Puke Face would be AR's "nutjob", the one who is so jealous that she has to take things away from her.

Last question: Is Coach Choi making a mistake or not?... Perhaps he knows and it is his way of punishing TS? He has said a few times that he was ashamed so that could be his way of showing TS how things really are...

4 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Ah I keep voting but we are loosing... Well 3 more days to go, hopefully we'll be able to go back up.

@bebebisous33 Annyeong!!! :D Always happy to see you in a thread. So glad you managed to catch up.

I had not thought much about YJ. Her bubbly personality does nothing to me so I never really got interested in her. But now that you mention that she might have planned it all by reading SH's blog, I think maybe I didn't not care for her because she was fake.

In a sense, she also makes me think of MB. MB felt inferior and frustrated because even though DM had nothing, he was happy. MB had it all but was unhappy. It was the whole inferiority complex which made him do horrible things like going to see him with DM's old high school crush or trying to take AR away. Wouldn't it be the same for YJ? Like you said, she has more than SH and yet she is missing love. In a way, perhaps she first started to look up to SH but then she wanted to be her and steal what was hers. So yes, I see a lot of similarities with CiTT... And like for CiTT, I like how this show shows how people are messed up, how things do evolve in real life. Jealousy is an ugly thing and can make you do horrible things. Oh and Puke Face would be AR's "nutjob", the one who is so jealous that she has to take things away from her.

Last question: Is Coach Choi making a mistake or not?... Perhaps he knows and it is his way of punishing TS? He has said a few times that he was ashamed so that could be his way of showing TS how things really are...

Yes, an inferiority complex could be the reason. However, I believe that there is more than that in YJ's case.

First, MB described it as inferiority complex. Nonetheless, I would add that the real cause of this was his own greed. MB has his own career as doctor which proves that one of his dreams came true. His major issue was that he resented DM for being lucky to be surrounded by admirers. DM had nothing, yet he was the attraction of the class. MB wanted to be acknowledged and admired like DM, yet he never succeeded. So his petty revenge was to impress DM's former fans and show them that he was better than DM: he was rich and successful. He wanted to be in the center of the admiration. His need for admiration was so huge that he even went to a TV game show!! Fame and admiration were the cause of his demise. In the end, he never got what he wanted. When he tried to hurt DM and BR by arranging a meeting, the former girlfriend realised BM's true intentions and saw how superficial people can be. DM didn't even recognise his ex-girlfriend or even MB so that he wasn't even hurt. His first trick failed hence when he saw AR with DM, he realised that he had another opportunity. Here again, he failed. The friends he was hanging around played him a trick and invited AR so that she realised that he was already engaged. So his need for admiration backfired on him: his "friends" doublecrossed him so that he loses everything: the Japanese doctor cancels the engagement. As conclusion, his own desire caused his demise. He wanted so badly to be admired that his "friends" got jealous of him. The true lesson for MB was to realise what true friendship means and admiration is not necessarly a good thing. 

In YJ's case, it is different in the sense that she often receives compliments from her coworkers. JM's chief is always on her side therefore YJ can sense admiration and feel acknowledged. In my opinion, YJ has no dream on her own. She is just an intern and I can't imagine that she is really enjoying her job. Her only true goal is to become JM's girlfriend and wife. If it happens, YJ will stop working and ask from JM to be entirely dedicated to her. Since her family is richer, I can imagine that the dynamic between JM's family and hers will be the exact opposite. They will look down on JM and his family, will pressure him to reach a higher position aso.

Then let us imagine that SH keeps writing her blog and seems to be happy despite the breakup, like f. ex. she finds new friends or she finds a new goal and dream in her life. What will YJ do then?       

@athena22

6 hours ago, Astarzzz said:

Anyeong Chingus…

In Episode 11, we see DM keep wanting to kiss Aera. While feisty Aera wants to bring their relationship to the next level to makeup for their lost time.

And next, when DM expresses multiple times (I’m not complaining… kkkkk ) that all he sees is her lips, she seems flustered and shy. Wae yo?? Why is she feeling that way?

I know right? Its kind of bothering me aswell, she is portraying her character sooooo well and the show is awesome, the last thing I was expecting was to see  her like "typical kdrama female passive and shy when it comes to skinship or kissing" I mean the first two times ok, I get that they are adjusting to the new situation.

But even after last episode's amazing confession she was so restrained and ackward. It just doesnt make sense to me.

6 hours ago, Astarzzz said:

Anyeong Chingus…

I think at that time when Ae Ra said she wanted to makeup for their lost time, she just said that because she thought that they need a turning point for their relationship. She didn't really want to move fast, I think. She just wants to make sure that Dong Man see her as a girlfriend and not as only just friend. After all, that moment was interrupted by Joo Man, anyway. If they did kiss, I think it would be awkward for both of them as well. 

Same with ep 12, when Ae Ra made a move to kiss Dong Man first. She missed his lips and her sensitive stomach growls because she was under pressure of making sure that Dong Man sees her as a girlfriend. So, in my opinion, I think when they kissed, she still seems flustered and shy because the relationship was new to her (only 2 days I think?). But I hope for the last 4 episodes, we will get their "passionate" kiss :heart: Let's hope the writer-nim will hear us! 

22 minutes ago, gusanito said:

I know right? Its kind of bothering me aswell, she is portraying her character sooooo well and the show is awesome, the last thing I was expecting was to see  her like "typical kdrama female passive and shy when it comes to skinship or kissing" I mean the first two times ok, I get that they are adjusting to the new situation.

But even after last episode's amazing confession she was so restrained and ackward. It just doesnt make sense to me.

But somehow I like her being shy and awkward. It is cute and satisfying to watch. kekeke. Moreover, it is just 2 episodes after they finally date. Therefore, I think Ae Ra's reactions are still normal. Dong Man is the only one she loves afterall. It has been 20 years and finally she got to date her first love. Ae Ra is probably still in the adapting stage.

I addition, I think it is because of the drama itself. FMW isn't an adult drama. The focus is more about youth and dreams. Hence, the writer made Ae Ra's character that way (brave and sassy yet shy when it comes to skinship and all). Just my two cents.hehe

23 minutes ago, gusanito said:

@Astarzzz @gusanito I too saw the awkwardness. But I thought it made sense for her to be awkward, like what you said in your post. - (and KJW is killing it as the awkward AR). Watching her first love grow up, break-up/make-up with HR (not sure if he had any other girlfriends), helping DM pick up the pieces after his many break-ups -- I can understand why AR would feel awkward to move their relationship forward. AR's critical brain is probably having an argument with her heart -- about whether or not her relationship with DM is immune to whatever went wrong/ bad with his relationship with HR. Their solid long-term friendship is not necessarily a guarantee for a life-long romantic relationship. (I mean we hope it would be, as viewers, because their chemistry -wow!) But irl, I've seen these types of romantic relationships (long term friends to lovers) crash and burn because the pair was better off as friends - but bless them for trying.. 

What AR needs to remind herself is that DM also saw her grow up, make-up/ break-up with the "winners" that she dated in the past. And he's been there to pick up the pieces.. He gets it like no one else does. And I love that about FFMY and this couple! It will take time, but she'll get there!

9 minutes ago, oneandthree said:

But somehow I like her being shy and awkward. It is cute and satisfying to watch. kekeke. Moreover, it is just 2 episodes after they finally date. Therefore, I think Ae Ra's reactions are still normal. Dong Man is the only one she loves afterall. It has been 20 years and finally she got to date her first love. Ae Ra is probably still in the adapting stage.

I addition, I think it is because of the drama itself. FMW isn't an adult drama. The focus is more about youth and dreams. Hence, the writer made Ae Ra's character that way (brave and sassy yet shy when it comes to skinship and all). Just my two cents.hehe

Yes I understand that and thats why the night they spent together was beautifully done and believable, ackward and adorable at the same time. But after that and especially after being in love with him for sooo long, when he comes running and shouting his love for her, Im sorry but I just dont buy her reaction, especially the Aara we all know so far. You can show more affection and intensity and still be a not adult show. I insist on them going for the cliche still fish  kdrama female which spoils her character a bit for me. 

Anyway, lets hope it was just these couple of episodes, fingers crossed cos I love this show and its characters soooo much!!

ok after watched second time here my thoughts and some bit unclear questions (maybe need backtrack again)

1.about their age,i just found ae ra birthday from his dad tatoo (1 july 1989),that makes her 29 years old in korean age. she called dong man sometimes oppa so maybe dong man older (maybe one/two years old gap). so sul hee also same aged with ae ra,theres talk about sul hee at the end of her 20's and they also attended same class in high school.hye ran called her onnie,that means she is younger than her.

2. i not really sure motive of moo bin dating ae ra,maybe at first he want to take revenge to dong man,but it turn moo bin likes ae ra.but seems like he has problem with inferiority complex.he's smart but always get bullied in high school,dong man and joo man are one of the bully so thats why he want to revenge.

3. some character still unknown for me,like jang kyung koo,the young pd from kbc for example,did i miss something or what,but seems unclear why ae ra hate him. are he dong man friends from high school ?/why he want to cover any news about dong man ? . At eps 10 Ae Ra called him oppa and talk about the past.ae ra talk about people cannot change so kyung koo too.after ae ra leave the car ,he said hes not pushover anymore which make me think what happen in the past and are there eps explain about this ?.

well we still wondering about hwang bok hee/ganako hwang. seems like coach hwang knows about her.

1 minute ago, ChunSungIm said:

ok after watched second time here my thoughts and some bit unclear questions (maybe need backtrack again)

1.about their age,i just found ae ra birthday from his dad tatoo (1 july 1989),that makes her 29 years old in korean age. she called dong man sometimes oppa so maybe dong man older (maybe one/two years old gap). so sul hee also same aged with ae ra,theres talk about sul hee at the end of her 20's and they also attended same class in high school.hye ran called her onnie,that means she is younger than her.

I'm pretty sure that all of them are the same age.  In the first episode DM states that he about to turn 30, so he is 29, as well.

2. i not really sure motive of moo bin dating ae ra,maybe at first he want to take revenge to dong man,but it turn moo bin likes ae ra.but seems like he has problem with inferiority complex.he's smart but always get bullied in high school,dong man and joo man are one of the bully so thats why he want to revenge.

I didn't see any signs of bullying of MB from DM or JM.  He felt inferior because the girl he liked in high school chose a "dumb jock" DM over the "intellectual nerd" MB.  I'm not sure if he truly liked AR in the end, maybe or maybe not.  However, he did start out dating her simply to take her away from DM.  He gets territorial very quickly and is constantly saying that he doesn't like it when she is around DM. 

3. some character still unknown for me,like jang kyung koo,the young pd from kbc for example,did i miss something or what,but seems unclear why ae ra hate him. are he dong man friends from high school ?/why he want to cover any news about dong man ? . At eps 10 Ae Ra called him oppa and talk about the past.ae ra talk about people cannot change so kyung koo too.after ae ra leave the car ,he said hes not pushover anymore which make me think what happen in the past and are there eps explain about this ?.

The PD is the guy in the band mentioned in episode 1 that the woman accused AR of trying to steal from her. while they were at university  He was dating the woman but stalking AR and told everyone that she was the one doing the stalking.  That is why she can't stand him.  He wants to be around DM to be around AR.  

well we still wondering about hwang bok hee/ganako hwang. seems like coach hwang knows about her.

Hope this helps :)

35 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

1. I think three of them are in the same age. Tomorrow is July 1st, so she is 30 y.o. in Korean age. About her calling DM oppa, I read somewhere that Koreans really respect people who are older even if they only have one-day gap (as in twins). Therefore, I guess AR-DM are 30 y.o., just born in different months. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHOI AE RA! :D

2. We are in the same boat.

3. I read somewhere in this thread (I'm sorry I forgot which page) that the PD once humiliated AR in the past, in a certain TV programme (?). Aah I forgot the details. Someone translated it from the drama character description I guess. ------- edit: Thanks a lot @aunniek for clarifying :) I need to rewatch the first episodes.hahaha

Three days to ep. 13! Following the previous pattern;

Saturday : BTS from KingKong B)

Sunday : Preview ep. 13 :lol:

Monday : stills cut and D-Day! :wub:

2 hours ago, gusanito said:

1 hour ago, gusanito said:

But after that and especially after being in love with him for sooo long, when he comes running and shouting his love for her, Im sorry but I just dont buy her reaction, especially the Aara we all know so far.

I really don't think what we're seeing in this situation is the "typical" kdrama dead-fish thing at all. I think what we're seeing is a portrayal of what human beings are actually like! People aren't limited to feeling or thinking in a single way at all times, and to me the beauty of what this show has done with all the characters but especially with Ae Ra is that they've given them the actual complexity of emotions and feelings that real people do have. I believe that what we're seeing is that Ae Ra has wanted this for so long, and hoped for it for so long, but now that it's happening she's realizing that the reality carries more weight and significance than she even thought it could, and it's throwing her for a loop (although not necessarily in a bad way). I think she was longing to be held and touched and kissed, but when it actually happens she becomes really overwhelmed with the emotions she's experiencing - I think it is making her realize how deep in love she really is, and that can be scary because it's such a place of vulnerability. And when she has someone as 100% open as DongMan just throwing all his feelings for her at her like giant love-cannonballs, it's just a lot to handle! I can speak from personal experience that it's one thing to have one-sided feelings for someone and think you are ready for the next step but TOTALLY different if that person actually starts expressing something toward you. I've had that experience of feeling sudden lightheadedness because the person I had a crush on invaded my personal space! It doesn't mean you want it any less, it just takes time to get used to what you're feeling in your body and mind at that moment. So while I totally hope we get passionate moments in the next few episodes, I don't find it at all strange that Ae Ra expresses passionate feelings in one scene and hesitation in another - I think it just demonstrates the internal conflict she's experiencing and the fact that it's taking her some time to trust that what is happening is really real, and not just some dream she's going to wake up from!

Hi all :) actually, Dongman is months younger than Aera because I saw his profile during his match. It says he was born on October 17, 1989. And Aera was born on July 1, 1989.

I think Dongman doesn't realize that he liked Aera way before because he kept on insisting to her that he's the oppa (eg. aegyo and bag scene, one shot song scene) and why would you want your best friend to call you oppa though? Unless you like that person :tongue: 

Archived