[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

On 3/2/2017 at 2:13 AM, larus said:
On 3/2/2017 at 0:21 AM, jongski said:

@larus but this is just one story told in two parts? or two different story but same characters and will  the lead stars interact with each other? I wanna see KKW and YJG scenes together are they're both good actors and be nice to see their acting skills like banter / action or emotional scenes.

We don`t have many information about the plot. From what I understand, there are two stories but there is a connection between them. The first story generates the second. The problem is created in the present time, in 2017 , with the Beta project. In this story, Yeo jin Gu`s character, the student Woo-jin will take the central role in the plot.  The professor played by Choi Jin Ho will have an important role in the development of the case, so he will have an important role in the first part. The second part will be a continuation of the first part. It could be a totally different story, with other characters and probably, we`ll have some characters from the first part too. We`ll see the new world where the emotions are suppressed in the society. It is not sure what role Kim Kang Woo will play. We don`t have his character name.  It is possible that he is the future Woo jin because the ages are a match (and that makes the continuation of the first plot) but he could be a different character too. Either way, Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang woo will not meet on the same scene. 

This dram and the concept. So intriguing yet exciting because it's something different what we normally see from kdramas. I wouldn't mind a confrontation scene with both the leads. And see good acting skills from them. But  you mentioned they won't.. meet. Fingers cross  hopefully even just briefly, they will.

"emotions suppressed in the society" I'm thinking probably story has  set of  new world protocols where emotions and the feeling  towards someone will create problems. Does one follow the mind or  go with the feelings.

And thanks for the cast updates. If I'm not mistaken GSY is the girl from drama Master's Revenge. I watch that drama and. She's okay.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March 3 2017

Yeo Jin-Goo & Kim Kang-Woo cast in tvN drama series “Circle”

Circle_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Yeo Jin-Goo & Kim Kang-Woo are cast for lead males roles in upcoming tvN drama series “Circle.”

In drama series “Circle,” Yeo Jin-Goo will play Kim Woo-Jin. He is a university student in the present day. He chases a mysterious case which takes place after a figure from outer space appears. Kim Kang-Woo will play Kim Joon-Hyuk. He is a detective in the year 2037. There, it is divided into 2 areas. One are is called “smart area” where an innovative system exists with no crime, disease or feelings of unhappiness. The other area is called “general area” which is full of crime and disease. Kim Joon-Hyuk works as a detective in the general area.

In addition, Lee Gi-Kwang (‘Highlight’) is cast in a major supporting character role. Lee Gi-Kwang will play Ho-Soo in the year 2037. His character is a public office in the “smart area.” He tries to solve a mysterious case with Detective Kim Joon-Hyuk.

“Circle” first airs May, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/yeo-jin-goo-kim-kang-woo-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-circle

New tvN’s Drama ‘Circle’ Will Have Gong Seung Yeon, Kim Kang Woo And Yeo Jin Goo As Lead Characters

By Inayah Mulia Dewi | March 03, 2017 03:53 AM EST

new-tvns-drama-circle-gong-seung-yeon.pn

New tvN's Drama 'Circle' Will Have Gong Seung Yeon, Kim Kang Woo And Yeo Jin Goo As Lead Characters

As per March 2017, there are several new K-dramas ready to air within the upcoming months. New tvN's drama "Circle" is one of them. The upcoming sci-fi drama reportedly casts some talented actors to star as lead roles.

Gong Seung Yoon has confirmed that she will play the lead characters in new tvN's drama "Circle". Gong's agency, Yuko Company has released an official statement to address the news. "Gong Seung Yoon is currently speaking with the production team. They're in the middle of a discussion to determine the final coordination," Yuko Company's representative said as quoted by Soompi. Gong Seung Yoo will portray a college student named Jung Yeon.

Read more

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/280443/20170303/new-tvn-s-drama-circle-will-have-gong-seung-yeon-kim-kang-woo-and-yeo-jin-goo-as-lead-characters.htm

Yeo Jin Go and Kim Kang Woo Confirmed Dual Male Lead Roles in TVN Drama Circle

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/03/03/yeo-jin-goo-and-kim-ki-kwang-confirm-dual-male-lead-roles-in-tvn-drama-circle/

I'm so hyped more than ever, especially with the dystopian vibes of 2037's "General Earth". I'm excited to see how they will set up the future setting.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

"emotions suppressed in the society" I'm thinking probably story has  set of  new world protocols where emotions and the feeling  towards someone will create problems. Does one follow the mind or  go with the feelings.

IKR! And maybe if they caught you showing emotions, you get thrown to the "General Earth" where things are overall a mess.

3 hours ago, Chi Le said:

the thing i wonder is there is only one female lead while there are two male leads... so either the girl will travel through time or she dies or disappear something in the future

We don`t know if there is one female lead. The casting continues with other actors. I think they will cast another female lead for the 3017 part. It is possible that detective Kim Joon-Hyu will don`t have a love interest but I doubt it. The existing of two zones makes a perfect set up for an interesting  story. The synopsis said that the plot is about "alliance, resistance, and love". I can easily see a female lead who comes from the "Smart Area" if the detective is from general area. But I am totally fine if there will not be a love story. -_-

We were curious how they will use the new alien tecnology. Now we know that there is just a small part. It will be like an  exclusive neighborhood? How they will separate the two zones? We`ll see how both areas are not good. The "Smart Earth" might sound idylic with no crime, disease or feelings of unhappiness but they are not happy either. People who live there are not allow to be human.They are like robots.  I wonder if the detective will enter in the Smart Zone when he investigates the case. Another question. There is a selection of people who live in the controlled area or it is random? The people from both zones are aware each other existence? The controlled zone is like a state within a state, and who will be in charge? In the General Earth, things got worst than it is in the present, the crimes are hard to control?  It is a dystopian world or it will be a normal evolution of humans, with good and bad things? 

I have so many question.

1 hour ago, craptelly said:

IKR! And maybe if they caught you showing emotions, you get thrown to the "General Earth" where things are overall a mess.

So the technology is not without a flaw?:D

4 hours ago, jongski said:

. I wouldn't mind a confrontation scene with both the leads.

It is imposible unless one of them will make a time jump. But this drama is not about time traveling. But I wish there is an older Woo jin in the future or maybe a older  Jung Yeon. :D  The neuroscientist, the professor of science and technology, will be in 2037 story? Is he a baddie?

In an article it says that Yeo Jin Goo plays an active role as a college student, Kim Woo-jin, who pursues the events of a question with the appearance of characters from outer space. It will be an alien. They appear as humans?

[DRAMABEANS  Lee Ki-kwang cast in tvN’s sci-fi thriller Circle  

The latest addition to sci-fi drama Circle is Lee Ki-kwang (Mrs. Cop, Monster). It’ll be his first acting role after the breakup of his idol group B2ST and its re-formation as Highlight. He has been cast as a metropolis government worker in the year 2037 in the experimental 10-episode tvN drama that takes place in two time streams: 2017 and 2037.

=

So there will only be 10 episodes. This is a nice info for me as this will make the story tighter and no chance to be draggy... but kinda sad knowing that it will end as soon as it starts.

13 hours ago, larus said:

We were curious how they will use the new alien tecnology. Now we know that there is just a small part. It will be like an  exclusive neighborhood? How they will separate the two zones? We`ll see how both areas are not good. The "Smart Earth" might sound idylic with no crime, disease or feelings of unhappiness but they are not happy either. People who live there are not allow to be human.They are like robots.  I wonder if the detective will enter in the Smart Zone when he investigates the case. Another question. There is a selection of people who live in the controlled area or it is random? The people from both zones are aware each other existence? The controlled zone is like a state within a state, and who will be in charge? In the General Earth, things got worst than it is in the present, the crimes are hard to control?  It is a dystopian world or it will be a normal evolution of humans, with good and bad things

And since this involves the Earth I wonder how are they gonna involve what happened to other countries as well, since South Korea will obviously be the center of the plot. 

I hope they have just enough time to make up a realistic set-up of Smart and Ordinary Earth for a May broadcast. 

Here's also the naver page for the drama. Looks like Yeo Jingoo is higher billed than Kim Kangwoo. It's also listed the same way on asianwiki.

QIVdn5Y.png

3 hours ago, craptelly said:

So there will only be 10 episodes. This is a nice info for me as this will make the story tighter and no chance to be draggy... but kinda sad knowing that it will end as soon as it starts.

I was socked to see that it is only 10 episodes. :) I thought it would be 16. For me it doesn`t matter the length of number of episodes if the drama is good. Knowing that they had two plans and two stories to tell I thought they need more time to develop everything. 

3 hours ago, craptelly said:

Here's also the naver page for the drama. Looks like Yeo Jingoo is higher billed than Kim Kangwoo. It's also listed the same way on asianwiki.

Both are leads and play major characters and they are equally important for the story. They have their own segment of the story. I asume Jin Goo was listed first because he appears first in the story but Kang Woo is a senior. Let see how the film credits will be. It could be the same if they will think about the cronological order of appearances. I would put them in the same frame in the credits but the cronological order makes sense. It was hard for me to choose too. I use the seniority criteria. 

4 hours ago, craptelly said:

And since this involves the Earth I wonder how are they gonna involve what happened to other countries as well, since South Korea will obviously be the center of the plot. 

It is really an alien invasion? I asume they will say that what happens in Korea happens in the other parts of the world.  I hope they will explain the two zones. If it is an invasion, I think aliens will want to expand bit by bit. They have to show how they are doing that. And logical it would be to start to the officials. So the general area is a free zone? :D I have lots of questions because it is still unclear for me how it is going to be but I am sure I will understand better after I watch.

I forgot to comment about the female lead role. The articles say that her character is ""the key figure of a mysterious case that takes place in the present day and in the year 2037". I am intrigued more about her character than the male leads right now.  The character will apear in both parts?  They will cast an older actress for the part or she will apear in both? How is it possible if there is no time jump involved in the story? I get the feeling that she will be afected by the alien technology. I hope they make at least a good role for the actresses in this male centric drama.

3 hours ago, larus said:

I was socked to see that it is only 10 episodes. :) I thought it would be 16. For me it doesn`t matter the length of number of episodes if the drama is good. Knowing that they had two plans and two stories to tell I thought they need more time to develop everything.

I agree. I was expecting 16 episodes too, but if they feel like if they only need 10 episodes to tell the entire story, then better go for it. Maybe tvN's taking baby steps since this really could be a risky drama if not done well. I even saw 8 episodes somewhere, but I'm not sure if it meant shortening 10 eps to 8 or shortening the episodes to 8-10. 

3 hours ago, larus said:

Both are leads and play major characters and they are equally important for the story. They have their own segment of the story. I asume Jin Goo was listed first because he appears first in the story but Kang Woo is a senior. Let see how the film credits will be. It could be the same if they will think about the cronological order of appearances. I would put them in the same frame in the credits but the cronological order makes sense. It was hard for me to choose too. I use the seniority criteria. 

Yup! :D

3 hours ago, larus said:

It is really an alien invasion? I asume they will say that what happens in Korea happens in the other parts of the world.  I hope they will explain the two zones. If it is an invasion, I think aliens will want to expand bit by bit. They have to show how they are doing that. And logical it would be to start to the officials. So the general area is a free zone? :D I have lots of questions because it is still unclear for me how it is going to be but I am sure I will understand better after I watch.

Well, not exactly an alien invasion, but since they were able to divide the earth to 2 areas... and not just Korea, so this must've affected the other countries too. 

14 minutes ago, larus said:

I forgot to comment about the female lead role. The articles say that her character is ""the key figure of a mysterious case that takes place in the present day and in the year 2037". I am intrigued more about her character than the male leads right now.  The character will apear in both parts?  They will cast an older actress for the part or she will apear in both? How is it possible if there is no time jump involved in the story? I get the feeling that she will be afected by the alien technology. I hope they make at least a good role for the actresses in this male centric drama.

And DB also mentioned that Kim Kangwoo's role would be investigating the "same case" that happened in Yeo Jingoo's timeline. I'm also very curious about it too. I totally agree... I hope her character won't just be some plot device but instead a role that really has a good essence to the story.

Since first episode is airing on May, I hope they have enough time to make things believable enough and that the series won't look hurried. 

Yeo Jin-goo Will Be Back With New Drama And Movie This Summer

9aw6Q2e.jpg

Yeo Jin-goo, one of the leading actors of ‘Moon Embracing The Sun,’ will be back this summer with a whole new drama and movie.

He will appear in tvN’s upcoming drama ‘Circle’ that is set to air this May, which is a year after his last drama ‘Daebak.’ He will act as the leading character Woo-jin Kim, who is after a mysterious case involving an alien, in Part 1 of ‘Circle.’

‘Circle’ is a sci-fi mystery drama that is set in both 2017 and 2037. The present and future will run at the same time during the story, so it won’t be about time slips but about how the two times co-exist. The present and future will definitely be different but the connection between the two will be the interesting factor that drives the story on.

People are especially excited about this drama because Young-hyun Kim and Sang-yeon Park, who wrote the screenplays for ‘Deep Rooted Tree’ and ‘Six Flying Dragons,’ participated in making this new drama. Yeo Jin-goo was supposed to play Jang Hyuk’s childhood in ‘Deep Rooted Tree,’ but due to Yeo’s rapid growth he only came out once as a special guest.

But now he became the lead role in ‘Circle.’ His acting skills have already been proven to be the best, especially through ‘Moon Embracing the Sun.’ He got the nickname “Jin-goo oppa” through this drama because he was capable of winning over every girl’s hearts with his acting despite his young age. He then proved to be capable of taking a lead role through ‘Daebak,’ so people are already looking forward to ‘Circle.’

Rest of the article:

UNZg5Ww.jpg

Yeo Jin-goo will come back with a new movie as well this June. He will appear alongside actor Lee Jung-jae as “King Gwanghae” in the movie ‘Opposition Force,’ which is about how young Gwanghae has to lead a war because his father fled.

• Circle is going to air as a Monday-Tuesday drama. It is only going to air for 1 month since there are only 10 episodes. It's going to take the "The Liar and His Lover" timeslot once it finished airing. (x)
  • Child actor, Jung Joonwon is also gonna join the drama (x) --aww he was Yeo Jingoo's nephew in Potato Star 
  • The official title for the drama is  써클 : 이어진 두 세계 (Sseokeul: Yieojin Du Segye) (Circle: The 2 Worlds that Followed (?))

EDIT: Another official statement came in and it says that May is still unsettled for the drama's broadcast. (x)

0002650567_001_20170314093517754.jpg

Naver - Isplus Joins: Kim Kang Woo x Yeo Jin Go 'Circle', midnight broadcast

(Drama Plot: Story is set in the present day and the year 2037. An alien comes to Earth. The alien believes human's emotion should be controlled or they will have no future. The alien becomes involved with humans.)

1. [+206, -8] My favorite actors gathered in a good drama, i will be looking forward to a good acting, Highlight Kikwang fighting

2. [+147, -9] Highlight Lee Kikwang Fighting!

3. [+128, -6] All the actors are so likable ㅋㅋ Lee Kikwang Fighting!

4. [+98, -6] My friends❤ let's only walk on flower path!!!

5. [+109, -11] It's time for Kang Woo to be more famous~~ Cheering for you

6. [+29, -1] Highlight Kikwang is really busy nowadays, He is even shooting a drama ㅋㅋㅋ Totally looking forward to the actors!!!!

7. [+28, -1] I like Yeo Jin Go and Lee Kikwang ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+22, -1] I like them all ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Lee Kikwang Fighting ♡

9. [+24, -3] Looking forward to Kikwang~~ Highlight

10. [+18, -1] Kikwang...Fighting
cr:netizendrama

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

4. [+98, -6] My friends❤ let's only walk on flower path!!!

This comment actually translates to: "Jingoo-ya, let's only walk on a flowery path" :D 진구야❤ 꽃길만 걷자!!!

=

Ahn Wooyeon will also join Circle and he will play Kim Woojin's (Yeo Jingoo) twin. (x)

CdB9OGz.jpg

More info:

From Asianwiki

An Woo-Yeon is cast in upcoming tvN drama series “Circle” starring Yeo Jin-Goo & Kim Kang-Woo. He joins already cast supporting actors Kong Seung-YeonLee Gi-Kwang (‘Highlight’) & Kwon Hyuk-Soo. In the drama series, An Woo-Yeon will play the twin brother of Kim Woo-Jin (Yeo Jin-Goo) in the year 2017. His character has an obsession with aliens and this causes chaos and conflict. Meanwhile, An Woo-Yeon is currently playing the twin brother of Do Bong-Soon (Park Bo-Young) in JTBC drama series “Strong Woman Do Bong-Soon.”

“Circle” airs May, 2017 in South Korea.

On 3/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, craptelly said:
  • Circle is going to air as a Monday-Tuesday drama. It is only going to air for 1 month since there are only 10 episodes. It's going to take the "The Liar and His Lover" timeslot once it finished airing. (x)

EDIT: Another official statement came in and it says that May is still unsettled for the drama's broadcast. (x)

Hello, my first time posting for CIRCLE

~ According to the official statement made by tvN, they have not determined yet which days they will schedule the drama, but it is scheduled to air in MAY 

src: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201703140957524110

~ Either days are fine with me, since I like all the cast members 

~ Jung Joonwon will act as Dongsoo ( a genius hacker in the year of 2037)

52 minutes ago, acey2 said:

Hello, my first time posting for CIRCLE

~ According to the official statement made by tvN, they have not determined yet which days they will schedule the drama, but it is scheduled to air in MAY 

src: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201703140957524110

~ Either days are fine with me, since I like all the cast members 

~ Jung Joonwon will act as Dongsoo ( a genius hacker in the year of 2037)

Ohhh, sorry about that... thanks for clarifying! :D Oh, so Jung Joonwon will be in the 2037 timeline... too bad he won't be acting with Jingoo then. T_T Is Dongsoo the Blue Bird role that was first rumored to be Jingoo's?

=

Today is Circle's first script reading at CJ E&M head office ♥ (x)  :) Yay~ finally!!!

Kim Kang Woo And Yeo Jin Goo Attend Their First Table Read For tvN’s Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama

tvN’s new drama “Circle” (tentative title) has recently begun production!

On March 15, actors Kim Kang Woo and Yeo Jin Goo attended their first table reading for the show at CJ E&M’s main office in Seoul. Also in attendance was production director Min Jin Ki and screenwriters Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yun, who most famously worked on the 2011 historical drama “A Tree With Deep Roots.”

“Circle” will be a sci-fi drama set in two different time periods – 2017 and 2037 – with each episode simultaneously taking place in both. In total, the series is scheduled to have ten episodes, each running an hour long.

Yeo Jin Goo will appear as the main character of present-day. In the drama, he plays the role of Kim Woo Jin, a college student determined to find out the truth behind a curious case involving an extraterrestrial character. Kim Kang Woo will appear as Kim Jun Hyuk, a 2037 detective living in a technologically advanced city called “Smart Earth.”

The first episode of “Circle” will air sometime in May.

Archived