[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

There have been updates with the casting. 

Gong Seungyeon is now confirmed for Circle as the female lead, while Kim Kangwoo and Yeo Jingoo are still in discussion.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=421&aid=0002589793

=

Gong Seung Yeon Confirmed For New tvN Sci-Fi Drama, Kim Kang Woo And Yeo Jin Goo In Talks To Star

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Kim-Kang-Woo-Yeo-Jin-Goo

Gong Seung Yeon is the newest cast addition to the upcoming tvN drama “Circle” (tentative title).

On March 2, a source from Gong Seung Yeon’s agency Yuko Company stated, “Gong Seung Yeon is currently speaking with the production team. They are in the middle of figuring out the final coordinations.” Gong Seung Yeon’s role is a college student named Jung Yeon, who goes to the same college as the main character Woo Jin.

The upcoming sci-fi mystery drama will take place in both the present year of 2017 and in the future of 2037. Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo are in talks to star as Woo Jin, a college student who lives in 2017, and a homicide detective who is living in the year 2037, respectively. The two actors are expected to confirm their roles soon as well.

Meanwhile, “Circle” is set to be about unification, opposition, and love, as aliens (who believe that emotions have to be eradicated in order for there to be a future for humanity) come to Earth.

=

OMG~ I just realized she's the one who liked Jingoo during her We Got Married Days with Jonghyun! Aww this is so cute!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mar 2 2017

Kong Seung-Yeon cast in tvN drama series “Circle”

Kong-Seung-Yeon-00.jpg

Kong Seung-Yeon is cast in upcoming tvN drama series “Circle.” Actors Kim Kang-Woo and Yeo Jin-Goo are still considering offers to play lead roles in the drama series. In drama series “Circle,” Kong Seung-Yeon will play Jung-Yeon. She is a university student in the present day and attends the same school as Woo-Jin (Yeo Jin-Goo if he accepts). Her character is the key figure of a mysterious case that takes place in the present day and in the year 2037.

“Circle” first airs sometime during the first half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kong-seung-yeon-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-circle

2 hours ago, craptelly said:

Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo are in talks to star as Woo Jin, a college student who lives in 2017, and a homicide detective who is living in the year 2037, respectively.

28 minutes ago, larus said:

She is a university student in the present day and attends the same school as Woo-Jin (Yeo Jin-Goo if he accepts). Her character is the key figure of a mysterious case that takes place in the present day and in the year 2037.

With this new information, it is more clear that Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo are playing the same character. Jung Yeon is a key figure in a mystery event that took place both in the present and in the future. I think this is like any other dramas where the protagonists have the younger version of themselves. So, now we have to see who will play the older version of Jung Yeon.

5 minutes ago, larus said:

With this new information, it is more clear that Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo are playing the same character. Jung Yeon is a key figure in a mystery event that took place both in the play and in the future. I think this is like any other dramas where the protagonists have the younger version of themselves. So, now we have to see who will play the older version of Jung Yeon.

Both in the play and in the future? Not present and the future? I wonder what that mystery event is... probably something to do with the alien landing.

Hahaha so is Jingoo back at it again with playing younger roles? XD

Anyway, more and more info are coming in for the plot which is getting me so giddy and excited.

3 minutes ago, craptelly said:

Both in the play and in the future? Not present and the future? I wonder what that mystery event is... probably something to do with the alien landing.

Hahaha so is Jingoo back at it again with playing younger roles? XD

:lol: In the present and in the future. I will edit my post.

This is what I understand from those translations, that the protagonists are Yeo Jin Goo in the present 2017 and Kim Kang Woo in the future, in 2037, both playing Woo Jin

Gong Seung-yeon tapped for leading role in tvN’s Circle

by javabeans | March 2, 2017 | 26 Comments

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo3_r8_540.jpg

Upcoming tvN sci-fi mystery drama Circle has its leading lady (well, probably, barring last-minute contradictions, which is par for the course these days) with the casting of Gong Seung-yeon (Introverted Boss). It’s looking likely that she’ll join Kim Kang-woo (Goodbye, Mr. Black) and Yeo Jin-gu (Jackpot), both of whom are in talks to join and are being hinted at being confirmed shortly. (Most casting articles currently state that she’s confirmed for the drama, though a few stories are more cautious in saying she’s a likely candidate.)

Gong Seung-yeon’s character is in the 2017 storyline, and is a university student alongside Yeo Jin-gu’s character who’s described as the crux of a mysterious event that links present and future. It’s not clear how either of them will be linked to Kim Kang-woo’s character, who’s a detective in the 2037 storyline, but I expect some Signal-like interplay between the two realities.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/gong-seung-yeon-tapped-for-leading-role-in-tvns-circle/

5 minutes ago, larus said:

:lol: In the present and in the future. I will edit my post.

This is what I understand from those translations, that the protagonists are Yeo Jin Goo in the present 2017 and Kim Kang Woo in the future, in 2037, both playing Woo Jin

It really makes a lot of sense, especially as they haven't named Kim Kangwoo's character yet. 

3 minutes ago, larus said:

It’s not clear how either of them will be linked to Kim Kang-woo’s character, who’s a detective in the 2037 storyline, but I expect some Signal-like interplay between the two realities.

Dramabeans article says that it is not clear how Yeo Jin Goo is linked with Kim Kang Woo`s character but other translations are tend to present that they both play the same character. Until we have a confirmation, It is better to not consider as fact any new information. At this point is just a speculation. 

The netizen`s comments on Naver are mostly positive about casting Gong Seung Yeon as a lead. They are not always a voice of reason but it is refreshing to read positive responses. I personally did not see her act but it is good to know that she is not just a pretty face. And it is cute that she will play with her favorite actor. :D

article.jpg

Naver - News1: Gong Seung Yeon, confirmed as the lead for tvN's upcoming drama Circle...Kim Kang Woo and Yeo Jin Go are still in talk

1. [+647, -96] If only Gong Seung Yeon was the lead in Introverted Boss, She would have done a better job...

2. [+250, -30] Gong Seung Yeon comes out a lot lately

3. [+238, -45] Gong Seung Yeon Fighting!

4. [+30, -1] Kim Kang-woo is really charming but i wish he hits more big

5. [+71, -6] This people really doesn't have an eye for work. Lee Da-hee, Go Seung Yeon, Yoo In-Young Have been doing this for a long time but a girl like Park Hye Soo came i took the lead...Her face is not that good, the proposition is also bad and the expressions are frustrating, so is her voice. This actress are being overtaken and pushed away, i just don't understand it.

6. [+27, -0] Yeo Jin Go is a really good actor too, I hope they just don't mess this one

7. [+30, -3] Yeo Jin Go is really good ㅋㅋㅋ You just fulfilled my wish

8. [+40, -10] Yeo Jin Go doesn't have an eye for work since The Moon Embracing The Sun

9. [+31, -5] Everytime you were just a supporting role but now you finally made it as a lead ㅎㅎcongratulating

10. [+32, -7] Honestly, in my eyes Go Seung Yeon's acting is really good and she is so beautiful~~

source

Yeo Jingoo and Kim Kangwoo have both confirmed for Circle!!!!

EDIT: hahhaa leeminhosny beat me to it. :D Seems like Lee Kikwang is an additional cast too? Both Lee Kikwang and Kwon Hyuksoo are also part of tvN's new variety show set to air later this March.

Yes, we`ll have more confirmations. Min Jin-ki PD, who is directing the drama 'Circle', said, "Both actors Kim Kang-woo and Yeo jin-gu are enthusiastically preparing their works with a lot of interest in novel materials and new forms of" Circle ". It will be a new acting transformation of both actors. I hope you'll enjoy it. "  Gong Yeon-yeon and Lee Ki-kwang also joined the 'Circle'. Gong Seon-yeon takes on the role of a junior at university, such as Kim woo-jin (Yeo Jin-gu), the core of the mysterious event that takes place in the future through the year 2037, Lee Ki-kwang plays the City Government Office Lake Station in the Smart District with an innovative system in 2037. (Google translations.)

According to Asiawiki Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo will play different characters. I am glad to hear that. It`s more interesting this way. :D It looks like they will show to stories at the same time. The present and the future coexist and it is not a time slip. We`ll see how everything is going to be. A little speculation from my part. Maybe we`ll see how things from the first part will have repercussion in the second simultaneous. 

20170303001352007_1488516963_1.jpg?14885

'Circle' is an active SF in the background of the Republic of Korea as of 2017 and the future of 2037. It is a new format in which two stories of the present and the future are developed at a time. It is based on a setting where the present and the future coexist, not the time slip. The stories of the two eras, which are different, are unfolding at the same time, and hopefully a richer story will be drawn. (Google Translations0

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20170303001352007

Thanks for all the info, guys! I'm so hyped about this project! I'm so happy and relieved they have all confirmed~ so now all I can hope for is that the story will be good! ^_^ My fingers have gone numb from refreshing naver this past few days. ^^;

So there is no time travel involved but that they will show both timelines together and let the story unfold from each side... wow.. I'm getting confused trying to understand the korean articles, there's a little bit more info about the characters but yeah my understanding isn't good enough.

Jingoo is 15th on naver's real time search

jJRtYOe.png

I thought this is preproduced but with may airing date they will be liveshooting. Will they have enough time to do techinical all the future and aliens stuffs. 

if its may. i think this will be mon-tue after the liar and his lover

Highlight’s Lee Gi Kwang To Join Kim Kang Woo And Yeo Jin Goo In New Sci-Fi Drama

circle cast

Reports earlier today claimed that Highlight’s Lee Gi Kwang would be joining the cast of tvN’s “Circle” (tentative title), making this his first acting project as a member of Highlight. Since then, it has been confirmed that Lee Gi Kwang along with actors Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo, who were both considering roles, will all be joining the cast for “Circle.”

On March 3, a press release from tvN stated, “Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo have been confirmed for the role as the main character and they have entered pre-production. Lee Gi Kwang and Gong Seung Yeon have also been confirmed for roles.”

“Circle” will have two actors for the lead role, as the narrative will take place in both the present year of 2017 and in 2037 as well. Yeo Jin Goo will play the role of Woo Jin in the year 2017 as a college student while Kim Kang Woo will play the same character in the year 2037 as a homicide detective.

Lee Gi Kwang will take on a role as a public servant in the year 2037 and will mainly be interacting with Kim Kang Woo in the drama. Gong Seung Yeon was previously confirmed to be playing the role of Jung Yeon, a woman who goes to the same college as main character Woo Jin.

Meanwhile, Highlight has been teasing their highly anticipated “debut,” which has been confirmed for March 20, and recently released their promotion schedule for their new album.

16 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

“Circle” will have two actors for the lead role, as the narrative will take place in both the present year of 2017 and in 2037 as well. Yeo Jin Goo will play the role of Woo Jin in the year 2017 as a college student while Kim Kang Woo will play the same character in the year 2037 as a homicide detective.

Ah.. So Kim Kangwoo is indeed the older Woojin then.

EDIT: According to MyDramaList, Kim Kangwoo is playing the role of  Kim Joon-Hyuk..either he's really an entirely different character or he changed identity in the future. I'd prefer them to play different characters, but if they do by chance play the same characters, it will be interesting to see how these two would pull it off... especially if they had to play essentially the same characters side by side.

Yeo Jin-goo, Kim Kang-woo to star in tvN’s new drama ‘Circle’

Actors Yeo Jin-goo and Kim Kang-woo will star in tvN’s new drama “Circle,” tvN announced Friday. 

It is the cable broadcaster’s first sci-fi drama and will be set both in present-day Korea and in 2037. 

The two different timelines will exist concurrently, making it different from a previous time-slip drama that the cable channel had aired. The two different stories of the present and future will play out separately. 

Yeo will play the college student Kim Woo-jin in the first part of the drama, which will feature the present-day. Kim Kang-woo will play the policeman Kim Joon-hyuk in the second part, set in the future. 

The drama centers on an alien invasion in 2017 and the subsequent new Earth in 2037, which is separated into the “Smart Earth” where people’s emotions are controlled and the “General Earth.”

Helmed by Min Jin-ki, who was responsible for “Saturday Night Live Korea,” the drama will also feature Lee Gi-kwang of the boy band Highlight. 

“Circle” will hit TV screens in May.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170303000811

[Kkuljaem]  Gong Sung Yeon confirmed as female lead in tvN's 'Circle' + Lee Kikwang joins lineup

Naver - news1: [Exclusive] Gong Seung Yeon confirmed as female lead in tvN 'Circle'... with Kim Kang Woo and Yeo Jin Goo 

'Circle' is a mystery sci-fi set in the future (2037) and present (2017). It's about aliens who come to earth who believe that human emotions must be controlled for the sake of humanity's future. Gong Seung Yeon's character is a college student who lives in the present day. Lee Kikwang is up to play the role of a smart government employee who's living in the year 2037. It will be directed by Min Jin Ki PD (SNL Korea). Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon (Deep Rooted Tree, Six Flying Dragons) will co-write the script with Kim Jin Hee, Yoo Hye Mi, Ryu Moon Sang and Park Eun Mi. Circle will premiere in May

1. [+1,842, -241] Would've been better if Gong Seung Yeon was the female lead for Introverted Boss

2. [+1,271, -93] Some dramas just don't have good insights on people. Actresses like Lee Da Hee, Gong Seung Yeon and Yoo In Young are stuck with doing supporting roles while someone like Park Hye Soo's is a female lead in a miniseries. She's getting some pretty good backing lately. Her looks are one thing, her proportions are pretty bad and her facial expression and voice are frustrating. Can't believe she got chosen for lead role over those actresses

3. [+784, -56] Chewy chewy plump plump nongshim neoguri ~

4. [+784, -56] Gong Seung Yeon's in a lot of shows lately

5. [+695, -92] Gong Seung Yeon fighting!

6. [+152, -5] Yeo Jin Goo's an amazing actor but he had his share of flop dramas. I hope this one shoots him up to fame

7. [+36, -3] Kim Kang Woo is charming, wishing he gets more popular

8. [+108, -9] Gong Seung Yeon is quite popular but she has no hit work, although she made her name for herself as a CF star. Hope this drama will be a hit

9. [+96, -7] She really likes Yeo Jin Goo ㅋㅋㅋ She got her wish fulfilled

10. [+124, -18] Finally landed the lead role after only doing supporting roles ㅎㅎCongrats

=

Naver - Xports News: Lee Kikwang joins tvN's 'Circle'... first drama as Highlight

1. [+,598, -147] Lee Kikwang's main job isn't being an actor, but his acting is pretty good

2. [+1,214, -53] Wow he's working super hard ㅋㅋㅋ Can't wait!

3. [+1,030 -46] It's been a while since we saw him on screen ㅋㅋ Cheering for Highlight!

4. [+947, -39] I hope that everything goes well for Highlight!!

5. [+842, -37] Lee Kikwang's good at acting. Looking forward to it

6. [+149, -4] He has the acting skills and popularity, qualified enough for lead roles, I'm surprised he's consistently still doing supporting roles

7. [+135, -2] He said at the fan meeting that he's going to be on tv a lot, it turns out to be true. Lee Kikwang,  fighting! Highlight fighting!

Archived