[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, acey2 said:

Child actor Jung Ji Hoon as the young Kim Woo Jin 

I like this casting! He actually looks similar to baby Jingoo~♥ According to the article, he also played as the younger version for Eric in Oh Haeyoung Again and Yook Sungjae in Goblin.

KmWL5cr.png

It's been happening for years now... but I'm still in awe that Yeo Jingoo, who used to play the younger version of the leads so much back then, is now having new generation of child actors play his younger version. :D

5 minutes ago, acey2 said:

Song Young Kyu joins CIRCLE as a professor of neuroscience at Hanyang University of Science and Technology.  

src: http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?&year=2017&no=199992&refer=portal

Ooh does it mean Choi Jinho has another role or did he not pursue the role or there are more neuroscience professors in the story?

@craptelly I have no idea... this is part of the translation of the article "Song Young-gyu is joining Han Yong-woo as a professor of neuroscience at Hanyang University of Science and Technology".

Is Han Yong Woo the character name of Choi Jinho? 

32 minutes ago, acey2 said:

@craptelly I have no idea... this is part of the translation of the article "Song Young-gyu is joining Han Yong-woo as a professor of neuroscience at Hanyang University of Science and Technology".

여기에 송영규가 한용우 역으로 합류, 최고의 수재들이 모인 한담과학기술대의 냉철하고 지적인 신경과학과 교수로 여진구, 김강우 등과 몰입도 높은 연기를 펼칠 예정이다. 

Looking at the article, I think it translates as "Song Youngkyu will join the drama, playing the role of Han Yongwoo, a neuroscience professor who is level-headed and intellectual. He is a professor at Handam University of Science and Technology where people with the most brilliant minds have gathered."

4 minutes ago, craptelly said:

여기에 송영규가 한용우 역으로 합류, 최고의 수재들이 모인 한담과학기술대의 냉철하고 지적인 신경과학과 교수로 여진구, 김강우 등과 몰입도 높은 연기를 펼칠 예정이다. 

Looking at the article, I think it translates as "Song Kyungkyu will join the drama, playing the role of Han Yongwoo, a neuroscience professor who is level-headed and intellectual. He is a professor at Handam University of Science and Technology where people with the most brilliant minds have gathered."

yes, thank you... had that verified with someone... so I hope he will also be another Professor that do the research with Choi Jinho.

I wish we have a proper official site up with the cast & their roles..

2 minutes ago, acey2 said:

yes, thank you... had that verified with someone... so I hope he will also be another Professor that do the research with Choi Jinho.

I wish we have a proper official site up with the cast & their roles..

True, they will probably put one up near the premiere date. Here's a blog site that compiled the cast with the roles for the mean time though. :) It's updated up until Jung Jihoon's casting as young Kim Woojin. 

http://blog.naver.com/7284991/220965299396

1 hour ago, acey2 said:

Another cast confirmed 

Han Sang Jin as Associated Professor 박동건 (park dong geon?) . He was one of the cast in Six Flying Dragons as Monk Jukryong

src: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2017032414051760122&type=1&outlink=1

Han Sangjin will play Park Donggun (but yeah, pronounced and could be romanized as Donggeon too :D) , an associate professor in Handam University of Science and Technology (Neuroscience).

And not sure about the proper translation... it's either he has a close relationship to someone involved in the mysterious case or... he himself has a close relationship to the mysterious case.. ^^;

Seems like the creators like him a lot cos he appeared in both of their written dramas, Deep Rooted Tree and SFD. Well I haven't watched SFD yet, but seems like they're also into casting people that have worked on their dramas previously like Seo Hyunchul, Gong Seungyeon, Kim Yejoon.. even Yeo Jingoo shortly appeared in Deep Rooted Tree.

I think the creators are comfortable with the actors/actress they have worked before, knowing this is a new style of drama and they needed someone who are capable of delivering the characters well. Most importantly to me is the working chemistry between the cast and also between the writers & cast members. looking forward to May

25 minutes ago, acey2 said:

I think the creators are comfortable with the actors/actress they have worked before, knowing this is a new style of drama and they needed someone who are capable of delivering the characters well. Most importantly to me is the working chemistry between the cast and also between the writers & cast members. looking forward to May

Yup, I think so too. At least they are casting people they have worked with already, so it's them who will know if these people will deliver their roles well or not. 

11 hours ago, acey2 said:

It was not named the character that Choi Jin Ho had to play. I think it is about the same character and actor Song Young Kyu will play the neuroscience professor instead. It could be more than one professors but I don`t think it is the case her.

So many cast updates. I'm really anticipating this drama  tho' I am still confused. Hah.  2017 ( first half) 2037 (second half) but character in the present and future will not meet.  But looking at the page 1, only 10 episodes for the drama????

9 minutes ago, jongski said:

So many cast updates. I'm really anticipating this drama  tho' I am still confused. Hah.  2017 ( first half) 2037 (second half) but character in the present and future will not meet.  But looking at the page 1, only 10 episodes for the drama????

Yeah... only ten episodes. I was surprised to hear that but I guess, they don`t have material for a longer drama, plus, there is a new subject in kdramaland. Who knows how the audience will receive it?

About the characters, there are a few characters who will appear in both parts. What it is not clear for me is about Jung Yeon (the character played by Kong seung yeon). How can the actress play the same role in both parts?:o  We need more information to be sure. 

So we have 2 confirmed actors who would play as professors/researchers in neuroscience... But I don't see Choi Jin Ho in the cast lineup in Naver

Agree with you guys that this drama is very intriguing, how will it be presented to the viewers in May?

I'm so sad about the 10 episodes, but if it makes the story better and more tight than unnecessary episodes packed with fillers, then I'm all for it. 

If this drama will do so well, maybe there could be season 2...? But that's just a hopeless wish, since the story is more involved in a single mysterious case, as they like to call it. So I don't think it can extend to more than 1 season. 

Gonna try translate his caption~ :D

오랜만이에요~~ 여러분!!!!! 드디어 오늘!!!!! tvN <써클: 이어진 두 세계> 첫 촬영했습니다아아아!!!!! 많은 사랑 부탁드립니다!!!!!! #tvN #써클 #자이제시작이야 #긴장과설레임가득 #본방사수 #채널고정 #오랜만에셀카 #어렵다그램 #9oo그램

It's been a long time~~ Everyone!!!!! Finally today!!!!! We did the first filming for tvN <Circle: The Two Connected Worlds> !!!!! I would like to ask for everyone to give it lots of love!!!!!! #tvN Circle #NowIsTheStart #SoMuchNervousnessAndHeartFluttering #WatchTheBroadcast #TuneInToTheChannel #ASelcaAfterALongTime #ThisIsHardGram #9ooGram

Aww he's looking really great <3

Archived