[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, larus said:

Did you hear something? So far we know about 10 episodes. 

The ig posts says 12 episodes in the hashtags. But then the caption is also wondering if it's a wed-thurs or fri-sat drama when it's mostly known as mon-tues drama

#Circle #FirstFilming... finally #Filming has started... #TVN #Drama #12Episodes Is it a #WedThursDrama??? Or a #FriSatDrama??? Anyway it will #broadcast starting #May

I feel like I've read the 12 episodes on another ig post too, but I could no longer recall the post or I'm probably just imagining it. Well officially it's still 10 episodes.

6 hours ago, craptelly said:

The ig posts says 12 episodes in the hashtags. But then the caption is also wondering if it's a wed-thurs or fri-sat drama when it's mostly known as mon-tues drama

#Circle #FirstFilming... finally #Filming has started... #TVN #Drama #12Episodes Is it a #WedThursDrama??? Or a #FriSatDrama??? Anyway it will #broadcast starting #May

I feel like I've read the 12 episodes on another ig post too, but I could no longer recall the post or I'm probably just imagining it. Well officially it's still 10 episodes.

Thanks for the translation...

That's why we don't see much of BTS for Circle yet, except Jingoo posting the update yesterday. If the writers feel that they need more time to conclude their story, it would be better then... I hope it doesn't get too draggy. 

I think this IG post that showed 12 episodes

1 hour ago, acey2 said:

Thanks for the translation...

That's why we don't see much of BTS for Circle yet, except Jingoo posting the update yesterday. If the writers feel that they need more time to conclude their story, it would be better then... I hope it doesn't get too draggy. 

On the ig post, it looks like there are 3 officially finished episodes so far, or they are filming 3 episodes since this might be pre-produced so filming different scenes at a time is a given. 

Yep, whether the series becomes shorter or longer, I hope it doesn't compromise the story. I'd prefer 10 episodes over 16 if they could conclude the story well without making it draggy. 

1 hour ago, acey2 said:

I think this IG post that showed 12 episodes

I feel like it was this post too.. Did it get edited?  I faintly remember seeing the '12 episodes' before that staff's ig post.

Circle is confirmed to air on May 22. 

An Wooyeon would be playing Yeo Jingoo's (Kim Woojin) older twin brother. His character name is Kim Beomkyoon.

Seo Hyunchul will be playing a detective named Hong Jinhong who will be investigating a case in both present and the future.

Han Sangjin will be playing a professor named Park Donggun.

Kwon Hyuksoo will be playing a comic relief character in the future named Oh Hyungsa.

According to Director Min Jinki: "The drama's major characters will be brought to life through the actors' great acting abilities. The staff and the actors are doing their very best for tvN's first attempt at SF mystery. Please look forward to it." 

(apologies if there are mistakes in the translation~~~~~)

55 minutes ago, craptelly said:

Circle is confirmed to air on May 22. 

An Wooyeon would be playing Yeo Jingoo's (Kim Woojin) older twin brother. His character name is Kim Beomkyoon.

Seo Hyunchul will be playing a detective named Hong Jinhong who will be investigating a case in both present and the future.

Han Sangjin will be playing a professor named Park Donggun.

Kwon Hyuksoo will be playing a comic relief character in the future named Oh Hyungsa.

According to Director Min Jinki: "The drama's major characters will be brought to life through the actors' great acting abilities. The staff and the actors are doing their very best for tvN's first attempt at SF mystery. Please look forward to it." 

(apologies if there are mistakes in the translation~~~~~)

Thank you, now we at least have their character names :)

btw I don't see Choi Jin Ho in the cast line up, instead another Six Flying Dragons actor Min Sung Wook (seating on the far right) 

24 minutes ago, acey2 said:

Thank you, now we at least have their character names :)

btw I don't see Choi Jin Ho in the cast line up, instead another Six Flying Dragons actor Min Sung Wook (seating on the far right) 

:) 

Yup, seems like he didn't pursue the role and I think it is indeed the role that Song Youngku that would be playing.

tvN Shares Photos From Table Read For “Circle” Starring Yeo Jin Goo, Gong Seung Yeon, And More

As revealed previously, tvN’s upcoming drama “Circle” held a table read on March 15, and photos from the session have now been released.

“Circle” tells the story of two men who follow a mysterious case in two periods – 2017 and 2037. On March 15, all cast members from both time periods met up in one place, creating an exciting and fresh table read session. The protagonist of 2017 is Yeo Jin Goo, and Gong Seung Yeonplays a college student  who is involved in the crucial incident that surrounds the story. Joined by Kim Kang Woo and Highlight’s Lee Gi Kwang who play characters from 2037, they all did a passionate rendering of their roles.

Director Min Jin Ki expressed, “The main characters of the drama are coming to life, courtesy of our skilled actors. As this is tvN’s first attempt at a science-fiction crime mystery, both the cast and crew will work hard on it. Please look forward to it.”

“Circle” will premiere on May 22.

March 28 2017

First script reading for tvN drama series “Circle”

Circle-SR-1.jpg

First script reading upcoming for tvN drama series “Circle,” starring Yeo Jin-Goo, Kim Kang-Woo & Kong Seung-Yeon, took place March 15, 2017 at CJ E&M Center in Sangamdong, Seoul, South Korea. The first script reading included main cast members Yeo Jin-Goo, Kim Kang-Woo, Kong Seung-Yeon, Lee Gi-Kwang (‘Highlight’) & An Woo-Yeon.

Airdate for ep.1 is now set for May 22, 2017 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Monday & Tuesday 11 PM time slot after “The Liar and His Lover“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-tvn-drama-series-circle

Thanks everyone for the updates! <3 ! Liking all the  script reading pics and seeing YJG and KKW this is one kdrama I'm anticipating. And as you all know ( if you frequent this thread) I'm  still confused as hell but excited with format as it's something new. 

And yeah, 10 or 12 episodes is okay with me. I like. I'm a big dorama fan so  I prefer 12 episodes in dramas.  The most I can deal with a drama is 16 episodes- no matter how good or exciting drama is.. I  find myself  losing interest if it's  more than 16 or 20 episodes.. But that's just me. :D

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks everyone for the updates! <3 ! Liking all the  script reading pics and seeing YJG and KKW this is one kdrama I'm anticipating. And as you all know ( if you frequent this thread) I'm  still confused as hell but excited with format as it's something new. 

And yeah, 10 or 12 episodes is okay with me. I like. I'm a big dorama fan so  I prefer 12 episodes in dramas.  The most I can deal with a drama is 16 episodes- no matter how good or exciting drama is.. I  find myself  losing interest if it's  more than 16 or 20 episodes.. But that's just me. :D

I love Signal but I felt it kinda got draggy at some point even with just 16 episodes. My attention span's been getting shorter each time, so yeah, I'm happy this will make the series even more precise in its telling. 

I've given up trying to understand what we have in store for this drama, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride when it finally airs. XD

And thanks @acey2 for all the casting updates :wink: 

5 hours ago, craptelly said:

I love Signal but I felt it kinda got draggy at some point even with just 16 episodes. My attention span's been getting shorter each time, so yeah, I'm happy this will make the series even more precise in its telling. 

I've given up trying to understand what we have in store for this drama, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride when it finally airs. XD

And thanks @acey2 for all the casting updates :wink: 

LOL... I don't mind searching for news on CIRCLE, but I am so terrible at translation, google translation is waaaayyyy off sometimes, so hoping a kind soul here would help with the news update.

Truly hope CIRCLE would bring something fresh to the table

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/29/hello-venuss-yooyoung-joins-cast-tvns-upcoming-drama-circle/

Alien sci-fi mystery drama Circle’s first script read

by tineybeanie | March 28, 2017 | 48 Comments
tumblr_oniy61Uifz1sdd1ivo2_r1_540.jpg

Mystery sci-fi drama Circle recently held its first script read, and the official broadcast date has been confirmed on tvN’s calendar for late May. The drama is divided into two parts that take place in different time streams, 2017 and 2037, and will be about aliens arriving from outer space and how that impacts survival on earth where strange things begin to happen.

In Part 1, 2017: Yeo Jin-gu (Jackpot) plays a character who becomes wrapped up in a case involving the aliens and a cheerful but enigmatic university student, played by Gong Seung-yeon (Introverted Boss). It seems the case isn’t fully resolved, because in Part 2: 2037, Kim Kang-woo (Goodbye Mr. Black) plays a police investigator who pursues the same case along with a city government worker, played by Lee Ki-kwang (Monster).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/alien-sci-fi-mystery-drama-circles-first-script-read/

Looks like behind the scenes from filming of Circle. :) She made a cameo. :D

Gonna attempt to translate again~ sorry for possible mistakes :D

This is under the truce line; Namsan Drama City setㅋ Today I transformed to an anchor for the drama, what news am I delivering? D: Watch the first broadcast of tvN Circle this May 22. Circle is tvN's first SF mystery drama, directed by Min Jinki PD of "Blue Tower" and "SNL Korea". Planned by writers of "Deep Rooted Tree" and "Six Flying Dragons", Kim Younghyun and Park Sangyeon (followed by a bunch of hashtags naming the cast and mentioning the cameo and her hair and makeup lol)

22 hours ago, acey2 said:

@craptelly I think she works for KBS as a 'weatherman' ?

also another supporting cast Kim Min Kyoung (ex Miss Korea 2001)

Oooh~~ I see :D

The child actors bonded it out during their first filming :D Seems like they have also met previously on a movie audition. 

Archived