[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

So you're the first one who died for the sake of your love to soohyun and shinyul :bawling:

IMG_4084.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg

Episode 15

At scenes where Hwiyoung remember and saw how little soohyun growing up beside him..little soo hyun told hwiyoung that she have someone that she will marry someday, the one who saved her life Back then.. and she grow as adult and she told hwiyoung again, that she will marry her savior.. while hwiyoung tease her that she doesnt have charm as woman since she looks like a man.. AGAIN, soo hyun dresses as woman And hwiyoung come and stunned by her beauty, she Asked him again, about the man who saved her life.. she told him even that person never reveal his face and told her about his name..that person was once said to me encourage words.. "you dont need to be tormented by the fact that you survived you need to be stronger " his words become my strength until now.. Even i cant meet him and marry him..but i want to says thank you to him at least once.. did you really wasnt that person? hwiyoung given her an excuse but soohyun told him "why i have feeling that you are lying to me? I feel like that lie keep makes me sad"

before he shot himself he told her (probably on her dream) "saranghae".. and he said sorry for pretending not realize her feeling for him.. he promise to meet her again in their next life, he will recognize her first, and they should meet again..

at the last scene, while hwiyoung commited suicide.. his last words was: i miss you (i want to meet you), soo hyun na *while looking at her picture.. 

Spoiler

I think shinyul did suicide too.. right after he wrote his last words infront chicago typewriter.. what about soohyun? if she brave and strong woman, she wont commite suicide.. but if she did, she might follow hwiyoung at the cliff, that why the watch was found there.. because shinyul the second one who died infront hwiyoung typewriter and hwiyoung watch was there..so probably soohyun took the watch and commite suicide at the place where hwiyoung died. or she living there until she died. 

PREVIEW:

yul: the promise i made to protect you in this life, im sorry i cant fulfill it.. *while typing..

(i think his last words was the things that made him stuck inside typewriter since he was failed to save hwiyoung. seems like soohyun was angry at him, but she never really shoot him, shin yul shoot himself while holding soohyun gun, he was the one who pull the trigger) OR another possibility... 

thanks to all recappers @andy78 @CatchMine_ID @Yongzura 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

At scenes where Hwiyoung remember and saw how little soohyun growing up beside him..little soo hyun told hwiyoung that she have someone that she will marry someday, the one who saved her life Back then.. and she growth as adult and she told hwiyoung again, that she will marry her savior.. while hwiyoung tease her that she doesnt have charm as woman since she looks like a man.. AGAIN, soo hyun dresses as woman And hwiyoung come and stunned by her beauty,

while she Asked him again, about the man who saved her life.. she told him even that person never reveal his face and told her about his name..that person was once said to me encourage words.. "you dont need to be tormented by the fact that you survived you need to be stronger " his words become my strength until now.. Even i cant meet him and marry him..but i want and must to says thank you to him.. did you really wasnt that person?

hwiyoung given her an excuse but soohyun told him "why i have feeling that you are lying to me? I feel like that lie keep makes me sad"

before he shot himself he told her (probably on her dream) "saranghae".. and he said sorry for pretending not realize her feeling to her.. he promise to meet her again in their next life, he will recognize her first, and they should meet again..

at the last scenes, while hwiyoung commited suicide.. his last words was: i miss you (i want to meet you), soo hyun na *while looking at her picture.. 

I think shinyul did suicide too.. right after he wrote his last words infront chicago typewriter..

SOBBING AGAIN WHY YOUUUUUUUUUU..... AAAAAAAAAHHH T________T

• Like 3

from preview seem Yul used his hand pull the trigger and don't blame SH which he told to Seol later

He for sure blame himself more than anybody else after HY death that why he prepared to die but because of his attachment to finish the novel that HY start and thing end in bad way between him&SH before he died could be main reason he stuck as ghost.. 

SH is angry over HY death and blame SY but i think after SY death she read the novel that SY write before he died and regret her decision and think she kill someone she shouldn't kill?

well pretty much Yul coming back to them in present day as ghost because he want to clear every misunderstanding, right the wrong and finish that novel by him&HY which he couldn't do so he can let go&be at peace while the other two also won't get bothered by past memory anymore..

sigh im ready for my bucket tear tomorrow not ready to say goodbye to the trio especially YJO :(

Seem at end of preview SJ is writing alone now more typewriter I guess YJO already vanish before the novel end?  Sobs

YJO or SY might have lot of flaw, make mistake and reason for the team leader to die.

for me his love to SH is too strong beyond his own control that he loss any rational thought the moment that evil YM threaten to kill SH in front of him..if he the only one get caught i doubt he gonna reveal any of their secret and he would be able to die a hero but sadly they using his biggest weakness, he might unable to be as noble and be heroic as SH&HY at the end since he choose his feeling over comrade but still he is no way a bad guy just it happened in a moment of total desperation want to save the life of woman he love..

He let her kill him because he must be the one who most angry and blame himself that he can't protect HY.. SH might won't understand why SY decide to do that and dunno his real feeling for her because she is fully prepared to die so she is too angry at SY decision..

TBH I don't think HY would even blame him because he would want for SH to return alive himself even if he need to sacrifice himself.. 

i wonder if SH ever know about Yul feeling for her since he never get to say it and she only always looking at HY... Wouldn't kill to ask for Seol to give him warm hug before he disappear the poor guy deserve at least that since he never get a chance even in the past

Edited by salz
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

thank you to all the live recappers :heart:

:bawling::bawling::bawling: OMG what a sad love story...I wonder why she thought she shot someone while she didnt? and why her mom said about repeating fate?

i get the feeling that when soohyeon pointed the gun at yul and he directed the gun to his own head,he pulled the trigger using soohyeon's hand out of guilt for not being able to save hwiyoung.

maybe that's why she thought she shot someone?

just a random guess though.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JotaIsBae said:

i get the feeling that when soohyeon pointed the gun at yul and he directed the gun to his own head,he pulled the trigger using soohyeon's hand out of guilt for not being able to save hwiyoung.

maybe that's why she thought she shot someone?

just a random guess though.

Definitely think you're right. Based on the preview, it looks like Shi Yool takes Soo Hyeon's hand and points the gun at his head and pulls the trigger. I bet Shi Yool felt really guilty after Hwi Young died because he couldn't protect his friend.... That's why he became a ghost andstayed in the typewriter.

• Like 5

I'm so confused though... How did Hwi Young manage to meet Soo Hyun though??? It seems like he met her right before he shot himself in the head. Did Tae Min just let him in or something :blink:

19 minutes ago, ferily said:

I'm so confused though... How did Hwi Young manage to meet Soo Hyun though??? It seems like he met her right before he shot himself in the head. Did Tae Min just let him in or something :blink:

I'm sure that just his soul or ghost coming to say goodbye before he gone lol because he can't meet her physically 

• Like 5

English subs episode 15 has been released,

I like this episode covers the past most. The inner conflict of characters really makes me ponder and reflect a lot about my own life, instead of just judging them. It is such a big sacrifice for those who struggled a lot for their nation's independence. but we have a big responsibility to maintain it.

Nielsen Viewership Ratings for episode 15
Nationwide: 2.419%
Seoul: 2.975%

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, ferily said:

ıt was his soul...like SH felt it and made a last talk with his soul. ıt can also be her imagination. maybe she was seeing a illusions after beaten and lost half of her conscious.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, salz said:

He let her kill him because he must be the one who most angry and blame himself that he can't protect HY.. SH might won't understand why SY decide to do that and dunno his real feeling for her because she is fully prepared to die so she is too angry at SY decision..

TBH I don't think HY would even blame him because he would want for SH to return alive himself even if he need to sacrifice himself.. 

i wonder if SH ever know about Yul feeling for her since he never get to say it and she only always looking at HY... Wouldn't kill to ask for Seol to give him warm hug before he disappear the poor guy deserve at least that since he never get a chance even in the past

YES! I think HY would not even blame him cause gosh... If he was in that position too, to see SH directly tortured or being shot, he would choose the same as SY did I think. None of the three were betrayer. It just about deep guilty feeling. I really really hope that SY had that chance to confess his feelings before he killed (himself or by others) to SH back then or at least in present time or it will be really pathetic for him; so poor character that makes the two complete but he still left incomplete... I want justice for him. But I think SH/Seol probably will really know SY/JO feelings towards her from the novel that completed by Se-joo in present time. And to just think about that I'm already having goosebumps and wanna... Cry. 

• Like 9

I have to take a deep breath and write...this episode made me cry.

ıt was really good. I liked how ıt mostly about past life. I liked acting level in this episode especially Im Soo Jung gave her oscar worth acting. She was totally a tortured girl in pain. her last cry gave me a big goosebumps. :(

Only thing that disappointed me is how everything was so realistic! haha..I guessed HY will die at the end but when he was rescuing the girl he love!..lol..ıt was more romantic but actually this version is more better. He never betrayed to his own alliance. He said any comrade is important than Koreas freedom and he just did what is right..Yul lost on his emotions. He actually sold the nation for love..this look more romantic but still not smth right to do...He actually acted so stupid with getting into there with a leader lie and refused to go out while his father can easily rescue him... ıt also increased the tortures on SH. He just needed to say ok I'm not the leader, neither I nor HY...so torture on SH was not that bad bc they never let her die. she is the only person who will tell the truth. He made a wrong decision and made them know the real leader...thats actually one of the best part of this episode..ıts not written cliche. ıt written so well like we used to see this script writer...

also this is funny bc HY was saying "I won't be late at next life" when SH saw him at her delusion. but he was actually late again. yeah bc of him they learned who kidnapped Seol but again he couldnt show his hero side with action...thats actually cute.

aww and this part..ıt would be better ıf he said "I Love You Soo Hyun" like how he said it to her in her own imagination..that would be more romantic..reality and delusion are actually telling the same thing.."I missed you" sound little bit random..you two parted just for few days overall. :tongue:

kWrE1m.png

but I feel Soohyun will live long. she will change her name get a female name, gonna be the next leader and be one of the important person in revolution and maybe at the end they will see her photo on book with a note as " she and her comrades were one of the savers of Korea" otherwise this group "youth of alliance" just stays as a failure while everyone belong it killed in the hand of Japan police. there were also some hints like saying "did I save the nation in my past life?"...ıf she stayed alive there has to be a reason..born of a next big leader.

and next episode gonna make me drop more tears! now Yul will gone..I hope writer made a good ending for him. He can be human. that would be the best for, SJ, Seol and Bang Jin! :D

• Like 7

For those who love the drama, the story of the three friends in the past is so heartbreaking but realistic too.  HYM, power of deduction amazed me too when he explained to SY how he knew he is not the leader.  That's why he was in that position.

If only SY had made a better plan, but it will never be.

:bawling: for the three of them.

• Like 6

and guys I forgot to write this...I think HY's last minutes stayed so short...others captured and standed against torture for not giving the leader name, he risked his life for able to save them like a hero but couldnt even get close to building. Haunted like rabbit in a few seconds! lol..as a big leader who lead them, I was expecting his last moments goes more strong with long fighting, maybe with getting into building after bypassing the japanese police, dying at last min while he harmed the building and some japanese soldiers but he just caught in a second at garden/near forest, trapped easily and died like simple man..:blink:...yeah thinking to save them was a heroic act but liked to see him fighting like a hero, like a leader who killed himself after giving most harm to other side even ıf he can't rescue others.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evok said:

and guys I forgot to write this...I think HY's last minutes stayed so short...others captured and standed against torture for not giving the leader name, he risked his life for able to save them like a hero but couldnt even get close to building. Haunted like rabbit in a few seconds! lol..as a big leader who lead them, I was expecting his last moments goes more strong with long fighting, maybe with getting into building after bypassing the japanese police, dying at last min while he harmed the building and some japanese soldiers but he just caught in a second at garden/near forest, trapped easily and died like simple man..:blink:...yeah thinking to save them was a heroic act but liked to see him fighting like a hero, like a leader who killed himself after giving most harm to other side even ıf he can't rescue others.

Hmmm.... from my understanding he was leaving "the house" in the jungle first.  That was why he was already outside or did I misunderstand your statement?  (will watch it again)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Hmmm.... from my understanding he was leaving "the hut" first.  That was why he was already outside or did I misunderstand your statement?

I thought he got close to that japanese building maybe not hımm...but ıt makes it worst..he killed after he decided to go there..

man why not giving this guy a heroic action like he deserved? this was a easy die for a leader.

• Like 2

Wow, just finished Episode 16 and absolutely breath-taking... Love how this show utilizes the past and integrates it with the present. Really love how the drama did a parallelism to the final days in the past with Hwi Young, Soo Hyeon and Shin Yool and made it similar to the present.. In the past, Hwi Young wasn't able to rescue Soo Hyeon and it was Shin Yool who tried to rescue her. In the present, Seju is able to successfully rescue Jeon Seol. In the past, Young Min and Hwi Young had their confrontation on a cliff while in the present Seju and Tae Min have their confrontation on the roof top... In present time, it's Seju who goes to rescue Soo Hyeon this time around while Shin Yool confronts Tae Min... Waaah, I love it so much!

I love Seju's words right before he faints in front of Jeon Seol, when he says that this time around he was able to make it. Wow, right in the feels because clearly he remembers and is referring to what happened to them in the past. Gosh, I love their story in the past so much, but at the same time it's just tragic... I'm glad that Hwi Young and Soo Hyeon got to meet again and have the relationship they couldn't have in the past, although it's sad for Shin Yool because he has been trapped in the typewriter as a ghost all these years... But I'm thinking the reason why he became a ghost and didn't reincarnate like HY and SH is because of the guilt he felt of betraying his friend and finding out that his friend died... We'll have to see what will happen between SY and SH tomorrow, but I mentioned before...I'm guessing that SH confronts SY with a gun, asking why he did something like that, and SY ends up pulling the trigger using her hands.. I'm wondering what will happen to SH after this though. Will she commit suicide as well or will she continue to live on? Although I don't think she'll live on because she did reincarnate as Jeon Seol..anyways.

Did I mention that I really love the past scenes? Love how this episode was mostly the past and explaining what happens between HY, SH and SY... Just love it. I'm craving more of their past story, like how did Hwi Young come to become the boss of the Joseon Alliance group?

Another thing to point out in this episode is the acting. Gosh, Yoo Ah In, Im Soo Jung, and Go Kyung Pyo all did a fabulous job nailing their past roles. This episode is definitely one of the more emotional episodes, especially with it explaining the past, and they did a great job portraying their character's emotion and expression. Props to all of them because they really nailed it... ( Btw Yoo Ah In is just sooo hot in the past scenes... Love his fluffy hair... Whoever chose that wig for him, great GREAT choice)

But, -tears up- the final episode is tomorrow and I don't know if I'm ready to say good-bye.. I wonder what is going to happen to Jin Oh with him being a ghost and he is slowly disappearing? Please drama, let Jin Oh and Seju have some nice bromance in this life time and let Jin Oh live as a human, peacefully, with his friends..... They at least deserve it because of what they all been through..

• Like 9