[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

Chingus, 

I'll be waiting for the subs, not gonna spoil the ending but please tell me it's a satisfactory and happy ending:ph34r:

Two days ago,I bid Golden Pouch goodbye and the ending was little bit disappointing, now another dear drama is ending, my heart is aching at least I need a happy ending :bawling:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, evok said:

why everyone saying goodbye before watching eng sub version?...:blink:

A few of us are still here, don't worry.... since we are in need of the sub :blush: more than the others to understand it fully. @Once Upon Time a good one for us.

@Ainee Etp, which part is the confusing one - who the leader is?  HYM already knows who he is because he is good in reading a person.  He just needed SY to confess.  He knows SY is protecting SHY.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

which part is the confusing one - who the leader is?  HYM already knows who he is because he is good in reading a person.  He just needed SY to confess.  He knows SY is protecting SHY.

It's like Heo Young Min had already concluded one of them is the leader. When SY confessed, he won't believe him. Then he ranted out all the characteristics of the leader that are totally HY. HYM had all the smug look on him. There's nothing more to guess, there's only HY to point at.

At that moment, I was thinking, "Oh no... he knows HY is the leader now." And suddenly, he popped the question, "Tell me who is the leader!" Even my cat knows who it is now. :confounded:

Hence I wonder if the subbed version I watched had mis-translated part of the conversations. I guess not.

• Like 4

English subs for the finale has been released.

It is such an amazing and lovely ending. I couldn't help but my tears dropped. surprisingly at the same time as Tae Min's tears dropped. haha. I like KSY's acting at that moment. Of course, YAI, GKP and ISJ are great too!

Love to read comments and thoughts from all of you, even though I was not able to read all. Good journey together for past two months.

I would like to write more, but quite tired, maybe later. huhu.

Nielsen Viewership Ratings for episode 16
Nationwide: 2.162%
Seoul: 2.551%

• Like 9

thanks @bebe1989 for clearing misunderstands from live watch recapping. I'm sorry guys if I'm so wrong in interpret the scenes :')

since @Ahmad Kamil said the subs is out... Well *heart shaking* gosh *the show really end feelings* this show makes me so emo~

thank you for beautiful show. Should I watch the subbed version really like now? It's kinda like that to me hahaha duh don't wanna say goodbye.

@salz love what you write about the show in your pov:)

59 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

It's like Heo Young Min had already concluded one of them is the leader. When SY confessed, he won't believe him. Then he ranted out all the characteristics of the leader that are totally HY. HYM had all the smug look on him. There's nothing more to guess, there's only HY to point at.

At that moment, I was thinking, "Oh no... he knows HY is the leader now." And suddenly, he popped the question, "Tell me who is the leader!" Even my cat knows who it is now. :confounded:

Hence I wonder if the subbed version I watched had mis-translated part of the conversations. I guess not.

about this I think he still need to make it really sure that Hwi-young really the leader cause the risk of just concludes it from the Soo-hyeon torture scene it just too naive for his position at that time, if he was wrong the Japanese will torture him too. So it's like game of provocation(?) Idk how to say it.

• Like 5

Such a beautiful drama,from the beginning till it’s last minute…This for sure will be among my favorite dramas from 2017..It had such nostalgic,raw fellings filled with shattered yet strong people,that was the beauty in it,it’s characters and how they managed to heal their souls…I confess my favorite character was Yul/Jin Oh and his journey of redemption and peace yet Se Ju and Seol were only one step behind him in my list as all of them were just great…Se Ju was such a complex character,such a shuttered soul,full of scars,living yet not being actually alive while Hwi Young was such a brave,intelligent man,who dedicated his life till his last second for what he believed,a free country,to be free in his own country having by his side his friends and expressing what he wanted…Jin Oh not only found his own answers to his mortal past self, past locked away in the deep of his memories but also saved two shuttered people and making them reunite and heal each other…I’m more than sure,like Se Ju himself said,Hwi Young forgived and didn’t resent Yul for what he did just as Soo Hyeon did as well,because she knew deep down he did it to save her and sadly she herself carried a big guit even in her walk to the afterlife just as shown dying,more likely from a broken heart&guilt(as we didn't see her kill herself),i guess that's why she could see Hwi Youn again,as she was about to die…I think Yul himself never forgive himself for betraying Hwi Young,his best friend,his brother, more than anything else…His own guilt was so big that he choose to lock himself in the typewriter that belonged to Hwi Young and wait for the day he will redemn himself and keep his promises,to finish the novel Hwi Young left behind among them…I could say all three of the past selves had such a sad ending,and that lingering brought them back together again after hundreds of years…The relationship between Se Ju and Jin Oh was without a doubt the highlight and soul of this drama,the way both of them helped and healed each other,how Jin Oh managed to make Se Ju be alive again and how this one found a true friend and move on and enjoy his life…We can say Tae Min had received his own punishment or just as well say he was given another chance to change yet he choose to go again on the wrong road in his life…I guess he realized his wrongs and that he lived a wrong life in the last moment after hearing Se Ju as he cried so maybe not all is lost for him in this lifetime…I have mixed feelings about the last part because I felt really sad yet the message was still hopeful,seeing how Jin Oh actually managed to lock himself in Se Ju’s book and wait for his wounds to heal and in the future be able to reincarnate and be by their side(in another form for all of them),so we could say he also got his happy ending on some ways…At least in that time he wouldn’t be alone,he would be with his friends and even if they weren’t real in the real sense, for him,inside that word they were truly alive…Go Gyung Pyo is really fantastic in the sad scenes,his eyes really manage to deliver all his feelings,he really can emote and feel along his character…Yoo Ah In is always fantastic so no words can describe,he is sooo subtile and always gives his own…I could really feel the sadness,the pain Se Ju felt…Lim Soo Jung was a delightful Seol and did an amazing job portraying both characters,showing how both of them were so strong still having their weak side,their hurt side hidden deep inside them…This was a fantastic cast…Not least the OST was sublime,the bgs were sooo melancholic yet beautiful…My favorite ones sould still remain the first 3 parts of OST,Sattelite,Blooming Love and Writing our Stories…This was indeed as the writer said,a healing drama,all the characters meet and healed themselves…There are way more things to say about this gem of story yet at the moment I’m still under the effect of the ending and can’t really gather my words nor can can I say I’m too great with the words themselves…

While watching this show I might say I’m once again thankful for being born in a free country,that even with all the hardships I still am a free person and all of this is because of brave men and women who never gave up,who fought and gave their lives for an ideal and a free country,just like our characters made it possible,we take so many things for granted…I confess I would love to read a story like this if it was a book,so guys do u have any recomandations for some book that have a similar feeling as this story?

• Like 8

7 hours ago, salz said:

Yeah it could be another alternate universe where Yul have seen and know what gonna happen in future so the history can change it kinda like writer bonus gift to his character like his own happy ending? 

Finally understand what the "alternate universe" that SY is going through.  So from being sealed in the typewriter, he is now transferred and sealed in HSJ's novel :wub:.  It is still a lovely ending for me after all the heartbreaking scenes.

@Ahmad Kamil, thank you so much for letting us watch it earlier than others until the end of the drama.  

• Like 6

ok I finished eng sub version...

can't believe it ended...another amazing episode of this amazing drama. I never bored even at one episode..every episode gave me new excitement. thank you writers. I can give 6/10 for present life and 9/10 to past life story. Present live story was cute, lovely but ıt little bit ended in middle and the rest were there for past story. But the past story was excellent!...cant say anymore...ıt was totally perfect story which is worth an award. Story, acting level, ambience everything was perfect!...I wanted more...more story about this trio, more adventure of them... actually when 2 days ago Gyung Pyo wrote on his IG as "this was last filming" I said how they still filming? they already gave the last ep preview and ıt will be a day later! still they need to do montage, edit cuts..ıts impossible...I hope he was not sharing a old post and ıt means there will be a special ep or a movie version of past life or both story...maybe thats why ıt ended like this!!...I hope so!...I can watch 20 episode more of them. Past story deserve its own drama or movie with same cast...still I want to see how HY and Yul met, their adventures together during all that years, confession and lovely moments of HY and Soohyun....there is so many things that would written as story.

my last thanks :)

Yoo Ah In: I watched his one drama + one movie! with this now 3!..and said this guy gonna be a big star. I think he is still in a rising term but he has more potential than most of the name in this industry. I heard a rumours as he is ill and thats why he cut his hair, he got surgery and thats why he couldnt go army last year...dont know ıf ıts true or not but ıf ıts true I hope he gets well, finish his army duty and comeback as a bigger star. I'm not worrying about his age bc koreas respect and take them as serious actors when all this guys reach their 30's...Biggest korean actors are in their mid 30's and have a long way...so I know he have a bright future. definitely will wait his next projects.

Im Soo Jung: I found this drama bc of her. I was a big fan of her in the past and was not following for last 2 year. I'm glad she returned back to dramaland. I hope she stays and slays like the old days. she is amazing actress with so much talent. Her fans still waiting another project with So Ji Sub..lol..me too actually... I hope she continue at small screen and show us more her pretty face and warn smile. I also have no worry about her age. bc again today's most popular actresses are in her age even older. Koreans know her so well, she just need to continue act in a good dramas like this...I will also wait her next projects..love you girl.

Ko Gyung Po: I didnt watch his any work before this drama. I'm glad I met him in this drama. He is also amazing. He still have long way to go and I'm sure he will take main lead roles soon bc he has a talent for this. He is so talented. After today I will check his previous works. and wait his next projects too.

and you all: thank you guys for being here and created this good atmosphere!..We were not crowded but sometimes less is more bc we made a amazing clear talks with good brain stormings..It was a pleasure to watch this drama with all of you!..hope to meet at another good drama thread. see you all again. kiss....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yongzura said:

Finally understand what the "alternate universe" that SY is going through.  So from being sealed in the typewriter, he is now transferred and sealed in HSJ's novel :wub:.  It is still a lovely ending for me after all the heartbreaking scenes.

@Ahmad Kamil, thank you so much for letting us watch it earlier than others until the end of the drama.  

Haha yes finally finish watching with sub we can finally understand what happen at the very ending thanks to the sub

So that alternate universe is the world create by SJ for YJO to live so he won't perish forever and he give HY&SH waiting for him there...aww it bitter sweet but also considered as happy end to YJO because at least he don't perish forever and can't even reincarnate which is super cruel.. It better than being lonely in the typewriter since being locked in SJ novel give SJ freedom to write how YJO can be happy and maybe someday he can visit Seol&SJ when his power is recharge lol going in and out of the novel making fun of SJ being old 

He even let YJO picture have YJO appear in it which so sweet

Lol watching with sub why does majority of SJ dialogue for YJO sound romantic as if he proposing to him lol XD

the friendship is somehow beyond the HY&SY friendship he lucky Seol not the jealous type lol and I'm glad the SJ&YJO bromance stay epic until the very end 

Another thing I Iike is even in the past their ending is tragic but good thing is none of the trio died in the hand of the villain or after being tortured.. Their death is their own choice like HY suicide, SY killed by SH because he prefer that way and SH even it super lonely death with regret of SY but it only after she finished her business and get her revenge and not died killed by enemy... 

Watching with sub make me appreciate the last episode more and I think it is very good ending

• Like 6

Chicago Typewriter: Episode 15

Chicago15-00268.jpg

I’m going to be honest: there aren’t enough words in the English lexicon to adequately describe how I feel right now. My heart is still caught in my throat, my eyes are swollen from all the tears I spilled, and my fingers are still shaking from this emotional rollercoaster that fired poignant bullets every damn minute. Let me warn you that this penultimate episode is not for the faint of heart, and even the steeliest of hearts is bound to be broken down by the hour’s end. Good luck, my friends.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

Chicago15-00003.jpg

Soon after Hwi-young and his comrades start firing into the crowd at the garden party, Young-min and his men arrive to return fire. Meanwhile, Soo-hyun slips away in her usual boyish disguise, but gets caught on her way to the rendezvous point by Young-min. Uh oh.

So instead of meeting her fellow independence fighters, she’s interrogated by Young-min, who is pleasantly surprised to have nabbed the organization’s sniper. She sticks to her story that she was paid off to carry that case on her person and had no idea there was a gun inside. But Young-min sees right through the rehearsed lie, explaining that he had her movements tracked the minute she arrived at the party.

read full article >>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/chicago-typewriter-episode-15/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Chellsee
added tenasia twitter update.
  • Like 6

Bawled my eyes out, :bawling::bawling: esp when RSH pointed the gun to SY.....:bawling:

RSH was one tough lady, never thought she was the one who finished off HYM.

Love the ending while i confuse what's going on with SY back to the past brought the trio picture from the future and suddeny exist in the picture, can i assumed he changed the past.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

Love the ending while i confuse what's going on with SY back to the past brought the trio picture from the future and suddeny exist in the picture, can i assumed he changed the past.

He is sealed in the book happily, not in the typewriter anymore. :blush:

• Like 9