[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

55 minutes ago, DhilaM said:

Well, Yes. NATION COUPLE. PERFECT

I thought it's time we started a thread for them Chicago Couple / NATION COUPLE

'I will do something to save my country' just too memorable hahahahahahahahaha gosh what a pick up line

Spoiler

@restudewi hi! I hope you don't mind that I kinda trashy here cause this drama just pure new breath for me while here must be bed resting so... Have mercy on me! =))

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CatchMine_ID said:

'I will do something to save my country' just too memorable hahahahahahahahaha gosh what a pick up line

Hide contents

@restudewi hi! I hope you don't mind that I kinda trashy here cause this drama just pure new breath for me while here must be bed resting so... Have mercy on me! =))

One of my fav line >> I will do something to save my country

• Like 1

Have just watched ep 11& 12. Wow! The script is getting more and more interesting. This drama deserves better rating. Love everything about it. After watching ep 12, I think Soo Hyun didn't kill Shin Yul. There is a person behind (maybe Tae Min in the past...). The scripwriter makes me confused. Now i'm waiting for this Friday......................!!!!

• Like 5

I think it's possible that Soo-Hyun didn't kill anyone.

She saw visions of her pointing her gun at the back of someone's head, and it made her sad and scared. So she was not willing to look further into that memory.

Now that she has seen the full version of that memory, she knows that she did not kill Hwi Young in that scene.

So it's possible that she didn't kill anyone, at least not any of her friends. She just feels sad because they died, I guess?

My guess is that it was Young Min (Tae Min), and that Madame Sophia betrayed them.

I love this show. But it will seem a bit crazy if the stalker's sister was also in the past, too. And Bang Jin, and Dae Han, and maybe Gal Ji Suk, too. Everyone from the 1930s was reincarnated, and they all ended up in Seongbukdong!

• Like 6

Nation couple is cute...

"big lips nation couple"....hahaha :D

I really think Soohyun have nothing related with that murder case. Yoo was not in that room when SH and HY making that "I will kill you you saved my life"?? :wacko: talk....same room, same typewriter..sure he came there later...I guess he got the watch from HY or HY left it in there on table...Yoo sit on that same table and someone who thought HY is still there went and killed Yoo secretly without seeing his face!....idiot. 

without knowing Yoo sacrificed himself for HY.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, supergal99 said:

*wink* @bebe1989

Ok chill... have a nice monday all!:blush:

This gif is perfect!!!!! Love that huge smile he's got when he hears her name and the moment he sees his face in the mirror is HILARIOUS lol. Loved this scene, it was funny :D

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images
  • Like 5

opening a shipper thread is cute..I dont know their interaction out of drama but liked their chemistry in drama and some people need to stop talking about age difference...she is not a old lady, he is not a teenager actor.

also no one cared when shipping Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun...she is a lady in ISJ age, 7 years older than KSH and she is a married woman but people did that for fun...Song Hye Kyo and Joong Ki shippers are in everywhere..she is also in ISJ age and they also have a age gap... so do it for fun...there is nothing wrong..older lady/younger guy shippings are really popular this days. when guys are older people dont care but when girls are older some people act like ıts rubbish...<_< 

• Like 7

All I can think of now IS: I'm going to kiss you = I am going to do something to save the nation! BWAWA! 

I think SJ is really a writer lol - even his lines to JS is so romantic...like how he 'tells her that her presence was not endangered him, but to save his life. *melts*

And yes, when you see the ghost, you can also tickled him. Isn't it cute, how JS feels so close to JO so soon? They feel like family. :) 

For me, now I firmly believed that in past life, she killed JO. The lines - she killed someone she shouldn't have killed and she was so sad. If it wasn't HY,  it will be YO. They were her only family.  Even then, SH is determine to revenge her family and save the country at all costs. Plus she also has feelings for Hwi Young and will want to keep him safe especially now that she also learnt that he had saved her life. As her leader, she will also accept all his orders (like that is why he said - I ordered you to open fire and she did. And she had been fearful of holidng the gun) Also, HW's and Sophia's words kept coming back to me - when you are sniper, you can't have relationships. 

But my burning questions are: Why was JO typing on HY's typewriter on that fateful day/night? Perhaps he knew that the richard simmons suspected either HY or himself as the leader so he choose to sacrifice himself, as a ploy to stop them from digging further?  I can't get over the emotional look on his eyes whenever SJ did something nice to and for him e.g. prepare food for him, tell JS someone is missing her for 100 years or used the word friendship to describe their relationship. 

The other question is why he never tell SJ that he took back the original script from TM? He also choose not to share that he found the key to show himself to humans.  Isn't is part of their first contract- to be totally honest with one another? Then again, SJ also never confess that he has fallen for JS.

The stalker's sister is eerily crazy but for now, I am glad the 2 crazies (the other is Tae Min) are entagled with each other. It is nice to see Tae Min felt bad for SJ and tried to warn SJ about it, albeit weakly. I believed he is primarily an green-eye monster in this life - totally wrecked because he is jeolous of SJ's talent that won the affection and approval from the Senior Baek. When SJ came into his house,he had warmed received him. I've hope that in the end, he will maybe choose to side with SJ to rescue JS from the evil plots of the crazy woman?

BJ is so funny - I find it amusing that she never realised that she can see ghosts and her mom never told her?! To me, this borders on the ridiculous side of K-drama. Isn't it obvious her mom don't even see JO? *face palm*. The words of BJ's mom to JO is so sad.... 'leave before you turned into an evil spirit because of your gread for life.' 

I love how the couple were both inexperienced but chose to be direct and honest with each other, despite their best friends' advice. It is also funny how they were getting advice from inexperienced people as well and had same expressions and replies for their friends/housekeeper. 

I laughed really hard at the part, where when 3 of them write - it means 2 computers and 1 typewriter. Hello chica?!? And how in the 3-way contract, SJ dominates - another similarity to their past lives when he is the leader of the pack?  

I don't think BJ and her mom were part of their past life. If so, JO would have recognised them immediately. But it is highly likely that JO is going to meet SJ's Mom (past life, Sophia) eventually...

Isn't it amazing how we are coming to the end of the drama where all card will be reveal.  I hope it will be a splendid and clever ending to this amazing series that had keep me on the edge every week! *clung on tightly to my seat* 

Have an amazing week ahead, folks!

• Like 6

I totally love this drama it giving me so much feels. My friend reconmmended and I just give it a shot but I binge watch it in 1 day. The main character chemistry is on fire. I can't forget that line "I'm going to do something for my country" .why is knet sleeping on such beautiful story.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, evok said:

opening a shipper thread is cute..I dont know their interaction out of drama but liked their chemistry in drama and some people need to stop talking about age difference...she is not a old lady, he is not a teenager actor.

also no one cared when shipping Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun...she is a lady in ISJ age, 7 years older than KSH and she is a married woman but people did that for fun...Song Hye Kyo and Joong Ki shippers are in everywhere..she is also in ISJ age and they also have a age gap... so do it for fun...there is nothing wrong..older lady/younger guy shippings are really popular this days. when guys are older people dont care but when girls are older some people act like ıts rubbish...<_< 

OMG thank you. love your line DO IT FOR FUN made me LIVE :)

and ahh.. "older lady/younger guy shippings are really popular this days" THIS!!! :wub:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DhilaM said:

OMG thank you. love your line DO IT FOR FUN made me LIVE :)

and ahh.. "older lady/younger guy shippings are really popular this days" THIS!!! :wub:

OMO! This is so funny! So their kiss will be the 'kiss that saved the nation'? Thanks - this really make my day! @DhilaM 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2017 at 0:26 AM, kimchigal2 said:

I can't help but think ISJ is miscast in this drama. I'm really not getting her and she's the biggest reason why I dropped it.

The casting directors made a huge booboo with this one choosing her fame over her suitability. She's 7 years older than YAI and 11 years older than GKP. Add to the glaring age gap, soo yeon is supposed to be way younger than the two of them by quite a lot hence they were meant to "dote" on her. It's such a big pill to swallow and frankly certain scenes she looks her age (38) and that creates an even wider credibility gap.

I've been trying to find out why I just don't take to ISJ, this is the third production I'm watching her in. I think I finally figured out why.  It's her eye acting. It's not good at all imo. Her eyes feel pretty empty and soulless and that's why it's hard for her to exact chemistry with the costars in all 3 shows I've seen her in. Emotions are written on face but it's the eyes that penetrates the soul. So far I never feel her pain, or happiness or anger written in them. Her delivery seems to be using a combination of facial expressions, body language, voice tonality, kiss on cue, cry on cue. So again her performance fell flat for me. 

Add to it is the storyline being based on an era of the past which Koreans dislike and don't care for... the dismal ratings are comprehensible.

Best takeaway for me since leaving the show is still the soundtrack. That one is hauntingly beautiful.

Wow, I think you're being biased over ISJ. I'm not her fan and I never watched any of her works except MISA years ago, and I didn't even bother to watch it twice. I didn't know her age and I didn't bother to find out either. But, when I watched her in CT I thought she was really really young she could pass a high school student. She looks like in her early 20s. I was shocked to find out she was 37. And I think she's really good carrying out her role/character. The drama never mentioned how old they are. She probably was younger than the two in 1933 but still could pass being younger, and she's not way younger -perhaps the same age as the two- in the present day.

And saying that Koreans dislike/don't care about the Japanese occupation storyline is a big NO, too judgmental and it's not true. Koreans love their history. Be it sageuk, be it Japanese occupation, etc, they really care about it. It's true that Japanese occupation left deep scar in their heart. But their experience, bitterness, struggle, mistakes, and what not, made them a strong nation today and they don't avoid that part of history. They're super nationalist. Gaksital received super high ratings and it depicted a full fledged independence movement period. 

IMO the reason why the ratings are low is because of tvN's marketing that didn't do it right in the beginning (they still didn't in promoting episode 9-10 and Korean fans have sent strong protests to the publishing company last week to fix their marketing style). tvN's initial target audience for CT was younger viewers/teens, like Goblin. So, they released some cheesy cliche teasers about a grownup "fanwoman" turning to an anti fan toward an idol writer, and broadcast it at 8pm at weekends in late spring/early summer. It didn't work, because CT is more mature story than Goblin was. It's not for highschoolers but for adults. Korean adults go clubbing and don't stay at 8pm in the house watching TV, especially when summer has longer days than other seasons, and meanwhile the students are having their final exams. Add that situation to the first 3 episodes which were kinda slow and still emphasized a grownup woman being a fan girl story. They lost the momentum that they had in episode 1 when they began with quite high viewerships than it was now, and viewers missed the message that CT actually wanted to convey that this isn't about a fangirl-turn-anti fan.doing silly things fangirls do. Had they promoted it differently and the drama showed more 1930s scenes from the get go, the viewerships could have been higher.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, evok said:

they hide it at the end of ep 12 with mixing ep 12 scenes! idiots so many people missed it, give it properly...

I already knew it since I watch the ep .......... :D so for those one who missed it, better see it.

Thats the one who made my freakin' out feelings get at ease (when the two in Kyungsung while gun were shooting there), but then I'm wondering the consistency if the present state are just watchers or... 

@furansizuka I'm kinda still mad about the promotion (marketing). I guess that the tactics for reach youngster more (with disguise it as ugh-silly-fan-girl thing would do---because the truth, Jeon Seol is a really amazing fan-girl who has same frequency with her idol one) but it seems doesn't work well so they quite lost at both side. The trailer soooo mislead the value this show conveys (even still I think that is cool, the visualizing are so creative hahaha). It would be nice if the trailer more focused on it's tagline 'antique romance'; romance that undone between young-fighters of the nation.

@DhilaM not that is not teaser or new preview, it's cutted clips from the end of ep. 11.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Longer preview from TVN:frown:

Cto

wow ıt looks like next episode gonna be so excited...our CSI team gonna investigate everything on crime scene! :D but pabo Yoo ıf you can send humans to the past why you didnt do it with Sejoo...but ofc than how story goes ıf he solve it earlier... :wink:

looks like our OTP gonna suspend Yoo about being partner of Taemin..but probably ıt will be just a misunderstanding.

I liked how next episode is mostly focus on past life...I really like to know whole story going in past.

also looks like that bi.tch will hunt Seol...go Sejoo help your girl...:unsure:

• Like 5

since the new preview came out and it's try to lead us to 'Shinyul was the traitor and Soohyeon was the killer' now I have feeling that it's possible Soohyeon didn't shot him but it's kinda like trauma for I-was-too-late-to-save-a-friend (that will explain why she has mixed memories, but then I still suspect her to be the the one who shot cause why she want to quit from it) and Hwiyoung must be lead to that scene (big misunderstanding) or he already dead/injured at that time and other person become SH handler... Or it's simple that Shinyul acts like traitor to double spy and protect the leader and team.

Gosh hahaha I promise to myself to not think about any possibility anymore cause most of it going nowhere by far lol but here we go again after trailer, I triggered.

And... We became close to the moment that Jinoh will disappear from the world.

Aaaaaaackkk.

Tbh I feel disappointed with Sejoo-Jinoh relationship. It's goes back and forth. I expect something deeper at this point but in latest episode... Sejoo behavior to him is still... Hmmm. Poor cinnamon roll ghost, give him more justice :')

If anyone curious about what was written at the paper during Shinyul death moment :

tumblr_inline_oqci1gpLqC1qefvus_540.png

The second one when Shinyul collapsed onto the typewriter, only bits of it can be read. The first line is a familiar one. It says, “(They) can take away my country…”. The second line, “If I cannot write…” The third line, “Liberated Joseon…”

Hwiyoung once said to Shinyul at Carpe Diem, “They can take away my country but they can’t take my words away”.

Source : http://thatdoublenine.tumblr.com/post/160941545344/hi-there-im-curious-about-what-was-written-at

Edited by CatchMine_ID
adding what was written
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CatchMine_ID said:

If anyone curious about what was written at the paper during Shinyul death moment :

The second one when Shinyul collapsed onto the typewriter, only bits of it can be read. The first line is a familiar one. It says, “(They) can take away my country…”. The second line, “If I cannot write…” The third line, “Liberated Joseon…”

Hwiyoung once said to Shinyul at Carpe Diem, “They can take away my country but they can’t take my words away”.

Source : http://thatdoublenine.tumblr.com/post/160941545344/hi-there-im-curious-about-what-was-written-at

thats a good detail....but ıts also feed my thoughts...ıts HY's typewriter and probably he wrote this...SH came with gun they made that love talk, than they left, Yoo came and sit there...HY also left his watch in there!..someone who noticed HY in there before, thought ıts still HY, also saw the watch and that person be sure about it...came from back, hide somewhere and shot Yoo!...

so ıts actually not OT3 fault. no one killed each other...just a enemy probably ıts Taemin thought he killed Yoo with thinking its HY...the end...:D

• Like 2