[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

2 hours ago, evok said:

everyone Ahmad released ep 10 eng sub...go and watch..

all thoughts, all our theories will crush with eng sub...ıt giving so many hints and our mind will be confused more...this drama is amazing.

-I think SeJoo is not really in love with Seol...yeah he has feelings but he still dont know it...he is obviously using Seol for able to learn the past, who SH loved and the end of the novel...he keep repeating "ıf you remember smth tell me dont struggle by yourself"...he wants her remember bc he want to know but sure he will change bc he cares about her so much and will see he actually love Seol not SH.

- now I have doubts about the one who died in there..today episode is giving some new direction. Seol mother, Taemin and her role in the past life...everyting is so suspicious...now I feel the one who died is Yoo or maybe Seol and the head of everything is HY!!...there is smth fishy about HY!

-who is the girl who told Taemin I know you didnt write Fate but SeJoo?..who is her brother that knows everything?...what is going on! :blink:

-HY and SH love story is so sad and romantic..I felt so bad when I watching it..

-also maybe same type of end is waiting us. Seol mother is telling "I afraid same destiny will repeat"...she mean same end...so she would be giving hint about how we will learn who caused this bad ending bc ıt will happen again...:wacko:

this drama is killing me...

ahem..

not all our theories..

I am patting myself for guessing the major flow both in terms of whom she shot and tae min being in past.. and overall story arc..

lol.. yeah! i am gloating.. rare occassion so i might as well be pompous abotu this :tongue:

Oh! and i guessed all of this by episode 3 and 4

• Like 1

Team Dramabeans: What We're Watching

girlfriday

Chicago Typewriter: *whistle* Now this is the way to come back after a week off. I feel like the relationships are finally at a place where I want them: The bromance is starting to seem genuine, the romance has stopped giving me whiplash, and the 1930s story is giving me butterflies. (Although sometimes I wonder if most of this show’s oomph comes from that SALTNPAPER song “Satellite.”) I got all choked up when Yoo Ah-in thanked Go Kyung-pyo for sacrificing his youth for their country’s independence—it was just a lovely moment that went beyond the drama and into real history, and it really struck a chord with me.

Finally with this comment on their post I find some same frequency. Good for you to love this show, girlfriday! Hahahaha

Fighting Chicago Typewriter team❤

===

Some trivia

Anastasia Poster

Our heroine character, Ryu Soo-yeon and Anastasia. The hat, boys disguise! Why I didn't think of it before. The princess was executed along with her family members in 1918. But the 1997 film played the idea that she lived in disguise.

and the gorgeous hair style of our Shin-yul and Hwi-young

• Like 9

3 hours ago, evok said:

everyone Ahmad released ep 10 eng sub...go and watch..

all thoughts, all our theories will crush with eng sub...ıt giving so many hints and our mind will be confused more...this drama is amazing.

-I think SeJoo is not really in love with Seol...yeah he has feelings but he still dont know it...he is obviously using Seol for able to learn the past, who SH loved and the end of the novel...he keep repeating "ıf you remember smth tell me dont struggle by yourself"...he wants her remember bc he want to know but sure he will change bc he cares about her so much and will see he actually love Seol not SH.

- now I have doubts about the one who died in there..today episode is giving some new direction. Seol mother, Taemin and her role in the past life...everyting is so suspicious...now I feel the one who died is Yoo or maybe Seol and the head of everything is HY!!...there is smth fishy about HY!

-who is the girl who told Taemin I know you didnt write Fate but SeJoo?..who is her brother that knows everything?...what is going on! :blink:

-HY and SH love story is so sad and romantic..I felt so bad when I watching it..

-also maybe same type of end is waiting us. Seol mother is telling "I afraid same destiny will repeat"...she mean same end...so she would be giving hint about how we will learn who caused this bad ending bc ıt will happen again...:wacko:

this drama is killing me...

I think the girl who tells Taemin she knows everything might be the stalker's sister. I remember in ep 2 she was mentioned but no face or name was revealed just the stalker saying that his younger sister might have reported everything to the police. It's possible that the stalker caught onto things and somehow found out that 'Fate' is actually SeJoo's work and so his sister might have found out as well.. all just a theory but who knows....

• Like 7

5 hours ago, SizzlerZ said:

I think the girl who tells Taemin she knows everything might be the stalker's sister. I remember in ep 2 she was mentioned but no face or name was revealed just the stalker saying that his younger sister might have reported everything to the police. It's possible that the stalker caught onto things and somehow found out that 'Fate' is actually SeJoo's work and so his sister might have found out as well.. all just a theory but who knows....

Good catch...I was thinking she may be Baek Sera who is still yet to appear....but I think your theory is more inline with the story....

Baek Sera is supposedly Tae Min's sister so I assume he would recognize her...unless they never actually met for some odd reason...

I thought when she said her brother knows everything.... she was playing with words meaning her brother he himself Tae Min knows everything...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

ah and I love that they sneaked in the ghost watching Tomorrow With You :wub:

6 more episodes to go...I wonder what the big reveal will be

Yes, seeing our friendly ghost as obsess as us watching TWY and crying his heart out too..... Just so happened that TWY also has similar story of different time line... the present and the past....but not future...

• Like 5

On 5/14/2017 at 3:36 AM, CatchMine_ID said:

loooove when HSJ decided to all in for love and they are dating but Seol keeps her 'first fan of HSJ' lol love it adoooorable I'm smiling a lot hehh:):) my wish in after watching ep. 9 granted too, now HSJ came back strong, Seol thinks hard. Yeaaaaaah go, go, go!

LOL. His pride really high, for hiding his true  feeling for her. But seol understand him very well, through his action ❤️ they are such lovely couple ! Ugh.

@salz its better for seol mom tell them everything. Escape from problem wont solve anything. .

In the past shin yul such a sweetheart and a good friend. While as a ghost he looks more bright and cute lol. Maybe waiting for his beloved friends reincarnated makes him lonely for 80year, so he feel extremely happy to seeing them again :D but his bright side, also feels like he was hiding something behind it.. it showed everytime he saw taemin. If from beginning he want to help seol and sejoo..like he said when he want to help seJoo from slump, i think he also predict another problem might be happen arround his friends.. and his last wish to appearing infront seol also another secret from yoo jin oh we dont know about it yet. he probably want to tell her what happened back then. so seol can live her life without regret and sad about her past life.

i love how our ghostwriter making jealous of sejoo with how much ppl love shin yul and soo hyun love story from  comment online. like many other here love shin yul sweet love to soo hyun.. :D 

@evok maybe it was placed like that for foreshadowing the last scene event, where seol found hwiyoung was the one soo hyun killed. UNFAIR GAME title probably hint (since it was written on english, its rare on kdramaland they put korean books with english words) how hwiyoung died because someone play dirty behind his back. Just like how he died?

Another foreshadowing scenes happened in episode 9 we got to see how seol searching for "her savior" with putting her hand on shin yul face in beginning episode and she finally found out hwiyoung was his savior on the last scene, with doing the same things.

--------❤️

What i love about chicago typewriter is the writer very clever how to put good line for the world problem, politic issue, (with adding  some jokes) without dramatize or exaggerate. Its not cliche romance with cheesy line like many other ppl said, its more like Sweet romance with passionate love. i adore all cast how they deliver character very well without overact.. ❤️

RATING EPISODE 10 #chicagotypewriter

AGB NATIONWIDE 2.3% 

TNMS NATIONWIDE 2.0%

NEW STILLS 15 .05.2017 TODAY

Spoiler

IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg
IMG_3546.jpg
IMG_3547.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3550.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3554.jpg
IMG_3555ef043.jpg
IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3557.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg

JEONSEOL IG UPDATE 15.05.2017

Spoiler

STILLS 14.05.2017

IMG_3432deaee.jpg

IMG_3428bf96b.jpg

more photos under spoiler:

Spoiler

IMG_3424.jpg
IMG_3425.jpg
IMG_3427ed191.jpg
IMG_3429.jpg
IMG_3430.jpg
IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_34337e3db.jpg
IMG_3434.jpg
IMG_3435.jpg
IMG_3436.jpg

FAN TAKEN: FILMING DATING SCENES BETWEEN SEOL AND SEJOO LIKE ON THE PREVIEW (credit to korean fans, via sikseekeers under this spoiler):

Spoiler

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3438704dc.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg
IMG_3439.jpg
IMG_3440.jpg
IMG_3442.jpg
IMG_3443.jpg
IMG_3444.jpg
IMG_3445.jpg
IMG_3446.jpg
IMG_3448.jpg
IMG_344957f4c.jpg
IMG_3450.jpg

STAFF AND FAN TAKEN - BTS/MAKING VIDEO:

Spoiler

Edited by bebe1989
new stills &im soo jung updat
  • Like 10

I don't get seol's mom. She said she abandoned seol to prevent the ill fate from repeating, but she just created another ill fate by doing so. I decided i don't like her lol. 

Tae min, ugh, this guy. I just want him to disappear together with his mom. Speaking of, now that she knows about 'fate', i wish that would shut her up but i doubt it. 

The dude from ep 1's sister appeared. I wonder what her intentions are or if she would even appear again. Anyway, i like how she caught tae min the vermin off guard. 

It's looking like sophia and past tae min (sorry, i don't remember his name) manipulated things that lead to a tragic ending. They probably took advantage of the fact that su hyeon was not aware that hwi young was a part of their organization, and the leader at that. Everything is still up in the air though.

I'm curious on why hwi young is being too secretive of his involvement in their organization. Is it simply to protect his identity from being found out? I'm also curious on seol's mom's reaction when she warned her not to get close to se ju. Is she worried she might end up killing him again? It looks like there's more to it. 

There were so many highlights in these episodes. I like all their 'dates' - in the city center, biking, dinner - i like it whenever they're together. I laughed so much at se ju and jin oh's auxiliary character banter. I like how we are getting more information about their past. I even liked that scene when one of the investors asked tae min's mom why she asked them to come lol. 

In the preview, it seems seol is planning to stop seeing se ju and i'm already crushed. There is hope, however, because it looks like she is going to tell him that she 'killed' him in the past. Se ju needs to do some damage control so seol won't feel like she needs to avoid him. 

I totally understand those who choose to watch a drama when it's complete. Here's to another week of painful waiting :(

• Like 6

Just watched Epi 10, isn't it interesting that RSH's code name is Sapsari? Is that why YJO picked the dog too? Gosh, this drama has so many intricate details and connections! I feel like I need to take notes as I watched it.... so stressful!

Anyone laughing over YJO's google search on 'how to ghost shows themselves to humans' scene, besides me?

I also thought it is interesting that Seol remembered YJO's face first - the only one that she can't physically see and also remembered how he was the one that taught her how to use the guns. She also described him as handsome...It makes me wonder if the one RSH killed was him? If not, it seems strange that his soul is trapped in the typewriter - I assumed that one had to die by the typewriter before their soul got stuck in it. Also, he had repeated this line in the earlier epi, "if I got to you first, would you have believed my words." Also, the way Seol's Mom is against Seol and HSJ makes me feel that there is more to  the plot than one killing the other. Even in the past life, I feel Hwi Young is the deep one with more secrets...than YJO. 

So it is possible that Tae MIn is a rat in his past life too, like I thought previously. Oh dear, now I hate him twice as much.

YJO said an interesting line, "not all evil will reincarnate as evil?". I feel this is a reference to Seol's mom. Did she run away because to ashamed to face her daughter? In one of the earlier epi, wasn't revealed that RSH killed herself, out of guilt? And this guilt continued to haunt her in present life? Plus Seol's mom believe that sometimes bad fate can repeat itself. If so, then it could be a reason why she stayed away from her only daughter.

• Like 7

Chicago Typewriter: Episode 10

by gummimochi

Chicago10-00165.jpg

What we’ve learned casts a new light on the events of the past, and it’s finally time for people to start facing their demons. It’s good to know that Seol isn’t alone when the newest chapters of the story contain both blissfully happy and painfully terrifying memories, and that the writer penning the tale is prepared to take each step with her to the very last page.

More http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/chicago-typewriter-episode-10/

• Like 5

12 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Things come to surfaces and connect each dots to lines. One question, is this a pre-produced drama? if it's not, I need to give a compliment for the writer and director for giving a complete answer scenes to the parts of past life flashback which randomly given before. It's nicely tied up the loose ends. I felt that those sudden and confusing past before makes sense now.

As expected, BTM is part in their past. I guess everyone in the present have their own shares in 80 years ago. We're getting near to the key points of JS's memories. She start to remember with her own will. I love how SJ decided to tell her everything rather than cover it from her with excuse for her own good and all. I'm so glad he told Seol to overcome her trauma. Avoiding problems won't make it go away. Covering truth won't fix anything better. Now, I believe those words and they are so true.

BTM can see JO... whoah what a twist! His evil eyes, when he stares to JO direction. And I love the moment JO keeps an eye of him goes around SJ's office to find 'fate' original manuscript. Then told him that he is still like his old himself. What actually he did in the past? Who's that female student? Another person related from their padt as well? I know writer just gave some answers but he gives us more puzzles in return. He's telling me to stay tune for next week right... lol. Fine, but I want to know more... aisshh.

The romance slowly progress between our OTP, ahh.. the angst feels so good. It's just don't try to separate them writer, it's not fun. I love those happy smiles of SJ. Their bike date is pretty sweet. Their gaze are so meaningfully in love. The kiss is so wow. haha.

I think the one who JS's killed might be HY. But why do I feel that writer is intentionally to lead us this way. JO said that madam Sophia and TM's from the past are the ones who behind his death. Hm.. Could it be HY killed by someone else, since we just see some partial memories of it. But what makes JS really shocked, did she clearly remember that that gun shot she released is went to HY?

And that song with the lyrics "free us from the past..." has it been released?

Hello - 

I think the drama is still filming.  I'm interested to find the trigger that allows people to see YJO.  It doesn't look like BTM saw him in the writing room at first,,it was only after he spoke to him that he saw him.  I think the female student is the sister of the HSJ's stalker. I wonder if she'll be used for any further development of the story. 

I'm so curious who JS kills.  Is YJO already dead if/when she kills HY?  If not, how does YJO expect HSJ to finish the novel.  JO must think that HY knows his story.  I think that Seol's mom and BTM somehow got YJO killed and they pinned it on HY which is why JS goes after HY, if that is indeed who she kills.  Just love this show, can't wait until Friday!!!

• Like 5

guys did you foresee how Seol will get there is a ghost in there? ghost of the Jin Oh....our pabo ghost told his full name to Seol's friend...I bet on this, Seol will see her talking with non existent person and ask what are you doing and she will say can't you see him? he is Yo Jin Oh the guy I told you!....damnn....Yoo man, you will be caught so bad!..haha

and all of you think Sejoo is sincere with his actions over Seol but I really think all that dates are for a reason...he secretly like her and can't see it but he keeps dating her and trying to make her remember the past with saying "you will tell me everything you remember ok?"...bc he need to learn what will happen next and what will happen at the end, bc he can't remember the rest...he is a sly fox...she think he act close bc he has a feelings for her and they are in flirt term but he is not even hugging her when taking her at home. she get sad, want it and he do it...His motivation is different...but sure Seol will get it and get angry to him and in that point he will understand his own feelings...

but some talks would be a hint...for ex Seol told him everyone abandon me after knowing my story and he was hardly saying I never abandon things...so...so....Seol: so?....SJ: so I will never abondon the dog!...bye!....he thought so long in that moment..  this part made think will he abandon her later? maybe after he learn she killed him in the past!....I feel like how it happened in the past SJ will make Seol sad again and dissapoint her but hope ıt happens bc ıt direct him to be more open to his own hidden feelings..and ıt makes the story more interesting. :wink:

and guys..right! that girl has to be that stalker guy sister!...but he died bc of SeJoo why she acts like she is helping SJ?...her talk gave me that vibe. she was accusing Taemin for stealing SJ's story...I hope she dont have some plans for taking revenge from SJ. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, the stalker's sis (if she is the one) wants to use BTM in her revange. She accused BTM in order to show that she had the power over BTM, so he had to cooperate... She just wants to be the generous one, who would keep his secret. It's not a threat but the first step to enter into an allianze.

By the way I'm reaaly addicted to this drama!!!! :D

Me too... can't wait the "Free us of the past" OST.

• Like 4

Really like this drama. The story is developing very well. It has been a long time since I see Im Soo Jung in drama. She left a great impression for me back in few years time when she was in a drama with So Ji Sub. I this drama too, her chemistry with Yoo Ah In and the other cast is great. I usually don't like dramas with lots of flash back but this drama gives me the curiosity about their pass life and how will the story develop. It makes me continue watching it. Not to mention about the OST. They were so good to listen at & really goes well with the storyline. :D

• Like 5

EP 11 NEW PREVIEW!

-ok! Taemin is showing his real face to Seol..you rat! get your hands out of her! :crazy:

019XE8.png

-He also seen at past life..he is fighting with a stranger, probably with someone who was disturbing SH at stage...I feel he taken as hero! I mean SH thought he is her hero!.. now I get why Yoo said not villains always reincarnate as villain :wacko: I guess they thought he is a good guy in the past and he harmed this people secretly. I also feel HY will jealous him and SH.

R02An1.png

-dont say SeJoo got hurt just bc of jumping to the side with her...ahh k-dramas! lol :blink:

• Like 5

Apologies, does anyone know the brand of the bike the OTP were riding in episode 10? I think they used black tape to cover part of the brand, maybe the bike comapny didn't pay any PPL fee. But got me even more curious.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supergal99 said:

Wow.. are u expert in bikes? It looks ordinary to me haaa ..opz!

:grimace:

guess with OTP,  s00ki means the one they used at present day...:)

• Like 4

^__^ 

I loved ep09, ep10 was just okay.. puppy YJO is the best ever!! #myheart 

~

The trio date had me swooning the most, & then even more ~heartbroken for YJO..

~

Re: "ghosts who can eat" LOL - anyone ever see original Ghostbusters? Casper? etc ;P 

~

Btw, wasn't Jeon Seol was reborn as a ~writer too? In the first ep, it was said how instead 

of ~idols/actors/etc she wrote RPF ("real person fic") about HSJ+BTM.. lol or maybe was it

mistranslated or I misread it? Writing fic may not be a "job" but it is still smth that takes talent

to do well & to be appreciated by fellow fans.. too bad it was never brought up since then.. xD 

~

Did anyone else try to read any of the cmts for "CT: mini-novel" as they scrolled by on-screen? 

As described, most seemed focused on mainly the ~default ship, but a few mentioned ShinYul.. 

plus at least ~one which said smth about "bromance these days" lol referring to him & SHY <3 

~

As "ANASTASIA" is one of my fave films of all time, here's the specific movie details: 

(note: film-verse info/timeline is completely diff from RL story/facts/etc, of course) 

The royal family was ~betrayed by a power-mad sorcerer who instigates a revolution.. 

When the palace is raided, young Anastasia (8) tries to escape with her grandmother.. 

Unfortunately, she gets lost, knocked unconscious, grows up an amnesiac orphan girl.. 

In the movie, "Anya" leaves an orphanage at about 18yo, ten years later ("1926").. 

She decides to follow ~hints to memories of her past such as a pendant necklace.. 

That is when she meets Dimitri, whom she does not remember was the kitchen boy,

who had helped her escape way back when, & has grown up to be a ~conman, lol.. 

Anya is never really "in disguise" tho, as she always wears a dress, various styles.. 

But Dimitri notices her ~resemblance to young Anastasia & then wants to use her, 

to act as the "real deal" for a reward, & that is how their story begins together.. xD 

~

I do agree that this series makes me think of (rare) similar stories.. maybe I'll make a list! 

~

@CatchMine_ID - "wild" lol I kno it's usually only played as a joke (KMHM, HoGu, etc) 

yet still I like to hope to see it as a more ~serious potential route someday.. #sappydreamer 

But you inspired me to make this list: Main Leads Who Love Their Second Leads @ [Viki] <3 

~

Re: suggestion that YJO be reborn as the ~child of HSJ+JS, omg pplease nooo way LOL! 

it's one thing to go from {"siblings"-to-lovers}, but {"lovers"-to-parent/kid}? just NO!! x.x 

They have gotta find a way to get him back / to stay, alive & well in 2017, they just have to!! 

(I myself wish to be that type of ghost tho lol powers & no "mortal" body to maintain? yess)

• Like 5