[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

9 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Well, with out the subtitle, we really don't know what their staring about. they could be doing a staring contest to see who

blink first and have to pay for the other person dinner. Maybe the next episode we see them on double date?.:lol:

@ddeokbokkii.... There will be a double date shingu but don't know which episode it will occur.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am ding to know what Yeo Jin said to GY at the hospital when this song was playing _->  Averua - Dust (OST. Secret Forest)  this was such an intense scene. 

She was trying to comfort Ga-young. She wasn't interrogating her. It was a beautiful scene. OMG, that soundtrack was soothingly intense!!! It touched my heart and soul. It was so soft and comforting.

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@ddeokbokkii.... There will be a double date shingu but don't know which episode it will occur.

Let's wait and see chingu.:D

I want to see little Shi-mok--Yeo-jin babies. Bwahahahaha...

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, ross27 said:

@Tee- Sama I am so looking forward to watching this intense staring contest! I am so happy she is holding her ground. Earlier, @dessertflower (sorry, I can't seem to tag your name) called her `the best thing going and the shining light in this drama', and @Nymeria289 said that `Yeo Jin is lovely', I can't agree more!

It's a spectacular scene!!! You should watch it as soon as possible chingu!

8 minutes ago, Tee- Sama said:

It was a good thing, he showed human emotions, he was angry because Eun-soo doesn't value her life. He didn't lose his temper like in the past. Relax, don't worry.

No, Shi-mok isn't indebted to Eun-soo's father. Shi-mok doesn't feel guilt. Why would he feel guilty? He didn't do anything wrong. He just protects her because he's an upright man, because it's the right thing to do.

Eun-soo acts like a psycho. She's young and foolish. But let's not judge anyone...

yes she has no vaule i may still think that SM has some more respect to the man who he once respect 

14 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

. You said it chingu, He has no feeling for her but she keeps putting herself at risk. He is only trying to fix the wrongs that were done to the man who taught how to try a case. ES's father did try to manipulate Shi Mok and I think respects him a lot that is why he wants her to stop because she has no idea what is going on. As you ca see , Shi Mok had already started this invetigation but had no power to get things done.

I am dying to know what Yeo Jin said to GY at the hospital when this song was playing _->  Averua - Dust (OST. Secret Forest)  this was such an intense scene. 

yes i am dying to know too that was a heart to heart talk 

and LEE get what he want we know it he was playing something he didn't leave guess he felt bad he leaved to have a higher postion he played with everyone:worried:

9 minutes ago, Tee- Sama said:

She was trying to comfort Ga-young. She wasn't interrogating her. It was a beautiful scene. OMG, that soundtrack was soothingly intense!!! It touched my heart and soul. It was so soft and comforting.

I meant to write dying to know what she said to her, I know she was comforting her but would o understand what she said to her . I love the song too .I know it was so soothing that I am glad I downloaded it. Secret Forest soundtrack is actually really good. 

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I meant to write dying to know what she said to her, I know she was comforting her but would o understand what she said to her . I love the song too .I know it was so soothing that I am glad I downloaded it. Secret Forest soundtrack is actually really good. 

The episode will be subbed soon. I loved the dynamic between Yeo-jin and Shi-mok in that scene. The way she shushed him was endearing!!!

Why aren't they releasing the raw? I'm dying to see the episode again.:(

3 minutes ago, Tee- Sama said:

The episode will be subbed soon. I loved the dynamic between Yeo-jin and Shi-mok in that scene. The way she shushed him was endearing!!!

Why aren't they releasing the raw? I'm dying to see the episode again.:(

@Tee- Sama... They did but on a korean site, I PM you the link . 

I don't think we should worry about Shimok shouting at ES will make him go nuts later. He shouted at KJS wife in the prison before, so I guess he's not really feeling anger, just using that tone to say "that's enough''. And I'm going to say ES's starting to annoy me as hell, she acts stupid and even disturbs the investigation. Can she just sit down and relax? Smart people will do everything right, just don't be a mess!

3 minutes ago, poloska said:

I don't think we should worry about Shimok shouting at ES will make him go nuts later. He shouted at KJS wife in the prison before, so I guess he's not really feeling anger, just using that tone to say "that's enough''. And I'm going to say ES's starting to annoy me as hell, she acts stupid and even disturbs the investigation. Can she just sit down and relax? Smart people will do everything right, just don't be a mess!

On one hand, I get ES's impulsiveness (because we don't know what it is like to live with the knowledge of your father being falsely accused for years.) One the other hand, what IS she doing? She clearly has something out for Shi-Mok, whether it's love or lust or manipulative-ness that's for her to know. I think the show also acknowledges that she's acting unhinged (Shi-Mok pretty much told her to her face this episode: 'You're not acting normal', which is ironic coming from Mr. I-Don't-Show-Emotions). I'm just a little worried as to what she will do in the future, because she needs someone to sit her down and ask her to take a deep breathe. And tell her that her family's troubles are not on her and that she should think about herself too. Because she's honestly going to get herself (or much worse, someone else) killed.   

So let me get this right .....LCJ our main suspect.....joined the President's office as his chief secretary...I mean President of Korea....correct me if i wrong....but this makes sense as to why he was so quick to leave the prosecutors office...before the corruption investigation could reach him.

some points to note...

Section Chief Kang seems to be helping out HSM...and he likes Chief Yoon.....and HSM wants to treat Yoon better....means he likes him too.

Chief Yoon's kid died in a car accident.....PMS was involved in a hit and run DUI. Yoon went on a long leave of absence and returned only recently....was he just grieving or planning a perfect murder.
ES is a loose cannon. I think YIJ is going to regret not doing anything and keeping quite coz its going to result in his daughter getting hurt or hurting others....shes so desperate to bring those who trapped her father down....she's becoming dangerous.

I missed todays episode ...just saw some clips on yt.....but the show seems to be dragging a bit now ...it needs to pick up some pace....we are still waiting for KGY to talk after 10 episodes....they need to reveal some secrets now otherwise if they leave it for the last episode it would be too overwhelming with secrets coming out left and right. 

I don't agree about pacing. So far, each player has had the opportunity to shine individually. In the middle of second half things will likely unfold steadily to build momentum for final reveal, at least I hope so. I am waiting for a total Yeo Jin centric episode to be honest.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I loop it when I feel like listening to a chill mix.... it really helps me to relax even when I am very stressed at work hehehehe really love all the OSTs so far... ♥

Spoiler

joovideo.tv%20ViewMedia.aspx%20Num%20677

Trust...

Helplessness...

Deep thoughts...

Defiance...

Asking for forgiveness...

Closeness...

Observation...

Deduction...

Respect...

A silent reassurance...

Openness...

Frustration...

Admiration...

Victory...

Just looking at her...

Worry...

A sad smile...

Calmness...

Pain...

A bleeding heart...

A silent plea...

Grief...

Going through extreme difficulty...

Standing tall even in sorrow...

Happiness...

Challenging him...

A chest full of secrets...

Fearlessness...

Pride...

The game is on!!!

Let's see who wins in the end...

Today's ep left me nearly dying of thirst because there was no smiles, no cute Hwang-Han moments... I had to tell myself... no skinship during these eps while she is working for him... its not professional.... :( but uuuuurrrgh... my heart...

For me, I feel that Ye Jin does like Simok, and not in a sibling way hahahah her natural curiosity about him lead her to read about him on Naver, and she was clearly stunned when he asked if she had a boyfriend...
She had been trusting her instincts earlier to decide not to believe in the news that he is a psycho....She also seemed very bothered that he could be involved with Ga yeon... And now she will be thinking he got something going on with Eunsoo...

I can only hope and pray that even without any skinship in this drama.... we can at least hear Hwang ask her if she has a Bf again at the end of the drama... hahahahaha...that will come full circle and also be open ended enough * prays hard *

Simok is getting smile training with YJ, and anger training with ES, who really seems more like a baby sister out of control now, who keeps needing him to get her out of trouble. Our Simok is going to need all the help he can get with the rewiring of his brain so that he can find his emotions again! Only 6 eps left! 

I am not sure if I am reading too much into this.... but... I saw a motive in ep10... 

Spoiler

netflix-google-chrome-25_6_2017-2_29_27-netflix-google-chrome-25_6_2017-2_29_27- Ep4

netflix-google-chrome-9_7_2017-10_34_58- WE FOUND A SON!! HAHAHAHAHH A VERY POWERFUL , well-connected SON!

I find that he might have been content with his life to live as a Chaebol's son in law, but once they framed Minister Young, he decided that was enough and he is determined to bring them all down, no matter what it cost.
Someone with clout had gathered back the trustworthy people from the old Eastern Prosecuter Office... its really odd as Dept Head Kang mentioned.... 

That's still all my speculation though! 

5 more days of wandering again, before we head back into the forest! there better be a small stream next weekend... I don't know how long my reserves will run out.... 

11 hours ago, annagriss8 said:

Who's the boss?

Ahahaha  liking that pic of SM and Chief.. who goes sorta aegyo patootie smile.. :D

And thanks for that chart pic! So the chart has all the possible suspects?

37 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Ep 10 English subtitles is out.

Wow that's fast.  thanks for the info iIs that netflix? or tvN Asia? I usually watch thew the episodes Friday before the new episodes air so everything is fresh in my mind.

@UnniSarah Thank you chingu for the live recap. I back read the pages and followed the recap. I wasn't able to watch raw live.. ye know real life duties ^^

So when will we know who the killer /mastermin  is/are? it's we've had 10 episodes already. I kind of agree with @dito as prime suspects are still prime suspects. And we're still guessing who could it be. Also maybe there should be more of something and about SM too bout his cold, emotionless nature and feelings and maybe something more about HYJ and ES and SDJ. I'm looking for something more than probably finding the real culprit, I suppose. A more human side of each of our characters. I don't know how exactly put it, but you guys are more eloquent than I am so I know you get what I mean.

And I see majority here are for for SM HYJ (romance or not) scenes and want more of them. But I just wanna say, I wanna see more of ES too. Not with SM but just like over all.  I'm impressed with Shin Hye Sun as ES (if you've seen her in FC.. her character is this shy, innocent, sorta like introvert but intelligent). This character she's playing is like that stronger more assertive one yet still maintained that 'green..ess" (is that a word?). immature probably is the term.

In this drama  many have called ES character 'manipulative' but SM is also kinda like 'manipulative' in his own way. But anyhow,  that term.. makes me think of those 120 eps daily drama where the antagonist MiL or ex wife is ..you guessed it... manipulative..he he :D 

I hope I didn't offend any chingus here with my post. This is a fav drama.<3

Archived