[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so that's it!

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Lids..... Chingu it isn't available to Netflix users in the US? I can't find it either. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

I noticed when I searched NetFlix for Secret Forest it would automatically give me similar drama types to "Stranger" and I was wondering how does Netflix search engine know that Secret Forest is Stranger but didn't have it??  I wish they at least said not available in USA - it would be less confusing.

1631.png?w=150&h=150

18 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Lids..... Chingu it isn't available to Netflix users in the US? I can't find it either. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

5 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Oh, so that's it!

I noticed when I searched NetFlix for Secret Forest it would automatically give me similar drama types to "Stranger" and I was wondering how does Netflix search engine know that Secret Forest is Stranger but didn't have it??  I wish they at least said not available in USA - it would be less confusing.

1631.png?w=150&h=150

Oh Chingus... I'm sorry to hear this. :(:(:(

매일경제

tvN 시청률 구원투수 ‘비밀의 숲’ 최고 시청률 5% 돌파

기사입력2017.06.19 오전 8:00 기사원문
댓글0

0003962929_001_20170619080006668.jpg?type=w540

'비밀의 숲'이 연일 자체 최고 시청률을 경신하고 있다.

지난 18일 방송된 tvN 토일드라마 ‘비밀의 숲’(연출 안길호 / 극본 이수연 / 제작 씨그널엔터테인먼트, 아이오케이미디어) 4화가 케이블, 위성, IPTV 통합된 유료플랫폼 가구 시청률에서 기준 평균 4.2%, 최고 5%를 기록하고, 케이블과 종편을 포함해 2주 연속 동시간대 1위에 올랐다. 채널의 주요 타겟인 20대~40대 남녀 시청층에서도 평균 3.3%, 최고 3.8%의 시청률을 기록하며 이목을 집중시켰다. (닐슨코리아 제공, 전국 기준)

이날 방송에서는 첫 번째 엄효섭의 죽음에 이어 두 번째 죽음이 그려지면 연쇄살인 사건의 가능성이 제기됐다. 도무지 종잡을 수 없는 범인의 정체에 시청자들의 추리력을 자극시켰다.

검찰 스폰서 박무성(엄효섭 분)이 마지막으로 만났던 인물이 후배 영은수(신혜선 분)임을 안 황시목(조승우 분). 은수와 3년 전 뇌물수수 혐의로 고발당한 그의 부친 전 법무부 장관 영일재(이호재 분), 은수의 전 남자친구를 향해 의심의 촉을 세웠다.

그러다 시목은 문득 오욕을 뒤집어씌운 사람이 이창준(유재명 분)인 것을 알면서도 묵인하고 있는 일재에게 의문을 품었다. 파트너 한여진(배두나 분) 형사 역시 “이 사건은 이상한 것 투성”이라며 납득이 가지 않는 부분을 함께 짚어봤다. 그 결과 진범은 무성을 없애려 자살 전력이 있는 전과자 진섭을 연루시킨 후, 둘을 동시에 제거하려 한 의도를 추리해냈다. 또한 완전 전수 조사를 한 것으로 보아, 검경 측 소행이 아닐까 짐작했다.

이 시각 창준에게 팽 당할 위기에 처한 서동재(이준혁 분)는 반격에 나섰다. 무성이 창준에게 접대를 위해 소개했던 민아(박유나 분)의 소재를 파악한 것. 동재의 행동이 수상했던 시목 또한 그를 미행하다 민아를 보게 됐다. 두 사람은 동시에 그녀를 추격했지만 놓치고 말았고, 그녀의 집까지 쫓아갔던 시목은 옷장에서 교복을 발견했다. 그 사이 누군가에게 납치당한 민아는 무성의 집에서 잔인하게 살해된 채 발견됐다.

이날 방송 후 시청자들은 “매회 새로운 용의자가! 이야기 소름 돋는다”, “치밀하게 짜여진 이야기가 한시도 눈을 뗄 수 없게 한다”, “한번 빠지면 헤어 나올 수 없구나. 진짜 비밀의 늪에 빠진 기분이다”는 등 시청률 상승 그 이상의 뜨거운 반응을 보였다.

검찰 스폰서 살인사건을 채 해결하기도 전, 두 번째 희생자가 발견됐다. 과연 두 사건의 범인은 같은 인물일까. 비리를 덮기 위한 단순 살인이 아닌 연쇄 살인의 가능성을 제시하며 충격적인 전개를 이어가고 있는 ‘비밀의 숲’. 오는 24일 토요일 제5화 tvN 방송.

shinye@mk.co.kr

Gooooooogle translation:

tvN topped the ratings reliever highest rating of 5% 'Forest of Secrets'

'Secret Forest' is renewing its own highest rating each day.

Satellite TV, which is broadcasted on the last 18 days, shows a 4.2% average rating and a maximum 5% rating on the pay-TV platform, which is a bundle of cable TV, satellite, and IPTV. For the first time in two consecutive weeks, including cable and bands. The channel's main target audience in the 20s and 40s recorded an average audience rating of 3.3 percent and 3.8 percent, respectively. (Provided by Nielsen Korea, national standard)

On the same day, if the second death was drawn after the first AHU's death, the possibility of serial murder was raised. It stimulated the reasoning power of the viewers to the identity of the criminal who can not catch the bell.

The prosecutor's sponsor, Park Moo-sung (Ahn Hyo-seop), was the last person he met. Eun Soo and his former father, former minister of Justice Young Il Jae (Lee Ho-jae), accused of bribery three years ago, urged Eun-soo's ex-boyfriend to suspicion.

Then, the witness questioned the one who was acquiescing knowing that the person who overturned the oppressed person was Lee Chang-joon (Yoo Jae-myeong). My partner, Asjin (Badunaun), also said, "This incident is a strange thing," and I have taken a look at the parts that I do not understand. As a result, Jin - bum intervened as a suicide - seeking prisoner in order to eliminate the silence, and afterward, he made an intention to remove both of them. In addition, I guessed that it was a probing maneuver, considering it was a complete survey.

Seo Dong-jae (Lee Jun-hyuk), who was in a crisis to overcome this vision, It is the thing which I found out the location of Minsa (Park Yu-na) whom silence introduced to the entertainer to Jo-jun. The witness that Dong - a 's action was awarded also saw Mine who followed him. The two pursued her at the same time, but missed it, and the chase that followed her home found a uniform in the closet. In the meantime, the kidnapped kid was found cruelly murdered in a silent house.

Viewers on the day after the broadcast, "Every time a new suspect! Story creeps up "," a tightly knit story can not keep an eye on one eye "," once you get out, you can not break up. I feel like I'm in a swamp of real secrets. "

A second victim was found before the prosecution sponsored murder case was resolved. Is the killer of the two cases the same person? It is a secret forest that continues the shocking development by suggesting the possibility of serial murder, not a simple murder to cover up corruption. On Saturday the 24th, TV episode 5 TVN.

34 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Oh, so that's it!

1631.png?w=150&h=150

I think the reason behind this @maddymappo is because there are many title translation for the drama. Even when you do search on google search engine for any Kdrama there are a lot of translation to the title. 

For example Search for Unique Daughter in Law  and you will get Unique daughter in law or All Kinds of Daughter In Law. 

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Can anybody tell me where I can find the subbed episode 4.......I don't have access to Netflix.

No one knows of any other website that had it that early. It is a NetFlix original but only available in some countries even if you have NetFlix.  But episode 4 will be on other non kosher  websites soon. 

I tried using six extensions and finally found one that allowed me to view NetFlix Original Stranger episodes.  Not sure if I am allowed to say that on this website - you can message me for more info.

On 6/19/2017 at 0:42 AM, dito said:

Just saw epi 4 with subs....They just keep piling crap on HSM. Atleast HYJ still trust him....she understands now how much the higher ups in police dept and the prosecutors office are invested in the HSM's investigation.....she knows they're keeping an eye on her and HSM....they got her out of suspension just so she could keep them informed what HSM was upto.

Reveal hidden contents

So the girl PMS introduced to the Chief and the one they were looking for was an under aged school girl. Thats what PMS was threatening the Chief with. But before HSM could find her she got caught and killed by someone. Her body found by school kids in PMS's house. PMS's house has HSM's fingerprints all over and even on the knife...that seems to have been used. Now it looks like this time they'll pin the murder of the girl on him properly....I think this is SDJ's doing. He knew the chief was about to throw him away and this is his way of getting rid of HSM and the girl....making his place with Chief stronger. 

HSM realized he can't trust another member of his team when he saw him taking something(money) from SDJ. I liked the scene with ES's dad. He was the one who hired HSM....and he seems to like him ...he knows what kind of person HSM is....and he also knows who's responsible for his ruin but he's staying quite maybe coz it might endanger ES or maybe ES was involved indirectly...maybe they used ES to get him framed and thats why ES is so hell bent to get her father justice.

We also found out about how ES's dad was framed. He was sent a bribe by Chief's FIL using PMS's money but he refused it and sent it back but the money disappeared from the Chief's office (i think)....so even though no money was found it couldn't prove the minister's innocence, it also couldn't disprove it. And i think that's also how PMS became poor and in debt....For now even the chief doesn't know where the money went. Maybe SDJ took it?....HSM seemed to think the ES's BF may have killed PMS to take revenge on ES's behalf but what if he, the bf was planted by the corrupt gang to frame the minister. 

I wish there was more HYJ-HSM scenes...i love their interactions...and next week it seems they might end up on opposite sides....hopefully not coz HYJ is the only one who knows when HSM handled that knife in PMS's house and why.

Yeah, I like HSM-HYJ interaction. They really need to trust and cooperate with each other, rather than working alone. I like HSM's final line in the preview "are they after me from the start? Or, am I the one who lead them?". I am really curious and excited to look forward where the plot is going to. 

@maddymappo yeah, just use VPN like hola. Huhu. 

After watching ep 3, I felt so sad for HSM in that scene where he was talking to his mother; and with his step-father waiting to protect his mother because he was a pyscho! You don't need enemies when your own family are embarrassed or fearful of you! The surgery did not fully `cure' him as we saw how he suffered from severe ear pain and collapsed in his house, after his meeting with his mother. The public exposure of his past violence and being derogatorily labelled a psychopath did have an impact on him. 

I love the warm-hearted, empathetic Han Yeo Jin. Like many here, I want more collaboration between HSM and HYJ as they tracked down the killer and exposed the corruption in the institutions that were supposed to uphold integrity, justice and protect the citizens.

3 hours ago, annagriss8 said:

tvN 'Stranger' 6 suspects

I will choose Seo Dong-Jae as a prime suspect and than Lee Yoon-Beom as the big baddie.  Moo-Sung's mother is suspisious. I don`t know what else she is hiding but we`ll find out soon.

I am sad that we don`t have subtitles for episode 4 yet. :(

7 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Yeah, I like HSM-HYJ interaction. They really need to trust and cooperate with each other, rather than working alone. I like HSM's final line in the preview "are they after me from the start? Or, am I the one who lead them?". I am really curious and excited to look forward where the plot is going to. 

@maddymappo yeah, just use VPN like hola. Huhu.

Episode 4 with english subs (for those who have not watched it yet) @UnniSarah @Lids @shae @larus

Reveal hidden contents

Hi Thank you @Ahmad Kamil Tried it, Hola definitely does not work, NetFlix has a regional proxy vpn detector fire wall. It is very strong. I tried around 6 extensions and  kept bouncing me out, finally found one that worked, I don't want to violate soompi rules about pirating. So if anyone wants to know what I did just message me.

I had this difficulty finding a vpn that worked on my chrome book browser, also could not connect with my android phone. It may be easier finding an extension and connecting  with an apple or iphone.

8 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Episode 4 with english subs (for those who have not watched it yet

Thank You ! Thank You! I almost missed your post if I haven`t been stalking this thread. :)

I watched episode 4 and the preview for the next episode and things got more complicated for Shi Mok. When he was searching Min Ah`s house I became worried for him. Hope they don`t frame him for her murder.  Seo Dong-Jae was in a harry to destroy the papers about Min ah. I wonder why. Who murdered Min Ah? Another mystery. 

Archived