[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Did you all notice the current filming pics show KGE in the "Canada lunch meeting with Depunim" outfit...Yellow/brown coat, grey jacket, black top. I could be wrong but if it's right, does that mean the pdnim is not using Canada scenes? Cos there's no way ET can teleport from Canada to Sunny's restaurant. Hmmm....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

Did you all notice the current filming pics show KGE in the "Canada lunch meeting with Depunim" outfit...Yellow/brown coat, grey jacket, black top. I could be wrong but if it's right, does that mean the pdnim is not using Canada scenes? Cos there's no way ET can teleport from Canada to Sunny's restaurant. Hmmm....

Spoiler

Putting this under spoilers so some people don't have to read it. Hmmmmm, good eye! I tried to compare the coats, they're the same. The only thing that is different is the purse cause in the Quebec scenes, I can't find her black purse. Why are they using this outfit in SK though, it's not like she can use a door and just go there. Maybe its AFTER the meeting? Does KS use the door to bring her back home?

Quick theory about the convo ET and Sunny have in the restaurant in Quebec. It goes as follows:

ET: I know. It's not like I've ever been abroad before.

Sunny: Why would you go there now, when you're about to turn 30? When I was 29, I didn't even travel as far as to go to the corner store.

ET: Are you serious?

Sunny: I didn't have any appointments (reasons?)

ET: I've been travelling around just fine for someone who's never been abroad before. I rarely get lost and I never miss a meal. Now, I'm going to have a big chunk of beef. I'm at a nice restaurant with some man.

What if she remembers everything, it's just that she's referring to the fact that she's never been abroad before BY HERSELF? She's been with KS but that was through the magic doors, not literally on a plane and on her own. She never gets lost and she knew about this restaurant, so what if she remembers everything but in the typical ET fashion, she's taken KS's death as a way to honour his memory by living life to the fullest. What if that day is the ten year anniversary of his death and to commemorate him, she's come there. By chance it's to meet a CEO (maybe for an interview or she's expecting DH). The way she clutches her necklace, it's almost like she's remembering KS and who gave it to her. Remember, she's trying to move on and trying to make the best of her life so maybe in her eyes, meeting some man at a restaurant is fulfilling what KS would have wanted for her.

45 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

I also have the impression that we will see more of her. Also, the fact that Samshin, the cute GR and Sunny are all connected through where they live is not insignificant. I think she will perhaps try to hide her past, and it might forcefully come out if GR/WY meet again.

As for the question of choice - I am not sure actually. When he asked for more of it, he said it was an royal order. I don't think she had much choice. We perceive this through our modern views but in that case, if it was ordered by the King, you had to do it. That is why KS's non respect of the King's order (to die and never come back) was seen as treason. The words of the King were very powerful then!! So I would nuanced that choice-talk a bit...

Ah all the spoiler pics are making me happy :heart:

She had a choice because she had an alternative: life with murder or death! For Sartre, it is still free will, even if you are tortured since you are the one who makes a choice. I agree, it is a difficult one but nonetheless it is a choice. It was the same for Kim Shin: he had to choose between life or death... as a warrior and as a goblin. I don't think, we should excuse her because she was a maid or a woman. KS' assistant was put in front of a difficult question: to kill his friend and companion. He could have refused or even not follow him in the first place!! Moreover, the maid didn't give him just one time the poison, but many times!! So she could have stopped before and it was not a king's order... she never did! Only when he had enough, he ordered her to give him so much poison that he would die.

• Like 8

@bebebisous33 Oh I agree with you! Of course, we always have a choice. But I don't think Sartre's ideas who have gone very well at that period and geography, or even in monarchial French times. The thing was that your life did not belong to you, but to the King. Like you said, that was even truer as she was a servant. So even though now I, a Western individualistic person living in the 21st century, can say that yes, she had a choice; I don't think it was true then and that saying no to the King was even a possibility. I think KS was slightly different because he was ordered to protect WY by the previous King and also because he was a soldier and he was also responsible of many men under him (his death meant the death of all his men too)... But even his non-following of orders is a bit anachronistic IMO.

Of course this is all a drama written and shown in the 21st century so... Interpretations and perspectives are different!

ETA: Ah @bebebisous33 This reminds me of CITT's exchanges. Once again, I am being perhaps a bit too lenient with some characters :mellow: She is interesting because I can see both evilness and fear in her...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arhana said:

I don't know if anyone has answered this question already i.e., if it was asked. I finished watching ep 13 right now and the one thing I couldn't understand was how exactly was Kim Shin looking after Wang Yeo by not looking after him ? And he says that he climbed the stairs to ask the King to kill the evil enunch. Why did he think that King will concede to that ? I mean , he knew that Yeo trusted Park above all , so why ? 

I really didn't get anything. All I understood was that even Shin loved Yeo and somehow was looking after him. What I do not understand is how ? I understand Yeo's elder brother way , he was saving Yeo from his own greed but Shin ? 

I get that Shin is angry because Yeo killed himself after all that he did to ensure his well being. I understand that he is angry with Yeo for being foolish and killing his family. But his way of loving is what I don't understand. Someone ....please help this little Damsel in Distress.

@arhana I didn't want to step up into this topic, but I can't lol. Kim Shin back then and Kim Shin now should study how to show people that he loves them. And that people might not be aware of hidden protection. He was lucky to have such girl as ET by his side. By telling Wang Yeo in 900+ years that he was loved and making WY feeling himself even more miserable, foolish and evil  seems not that correct. People can't read someones minds and especially back then when WY was brain poisoned by PJW. How WY the kid or WY 17-old has supposed to find out about his brother's or KS's love or that they have protected him and wanted him to leave as a King when all he has seen from childhood was betrayal and poisoning?  KS has put all weight of burden on WY's shoulders in episode 13 and dissapeared. And again in present he has never showed his feelings towards GR. I understand that people are different and everybody are shownig their feeling differently, but after all those harsh words that he said after GR has done that much to help him and to save ET....even after all those harsh words GR disobeyed Heaven's order and came to call PJW 3 times KS should have forgiven him before dying. And all he did he smashed GR/WY even more by his last words to him.

So far I don't believe in bromance anymore. I will not unless KES will show logical reunion where KS understands that he was too mean to GR/WY and that he was partly guilty in past tragedy as well, not only young foolish King who thought that no one loved him.

So far I think that the only person whom WY owes is Kim Sun. And if to sacrifice himself, it should be for Kim Sun. I believe that with all GR/WY did so far to protect ET he has redeem his debt to KS. Again, he has even disobayed Haven's order and used his GR power to save ET.

I know my opinion is unpopular here in this forum but I don't mind the hate lol. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shynaz said:

I think you need to read back because I think have one here mention why he needed ET to summon him.

I've read back... almost a goblin zombie that reads soompi religiously 

read a few theories on the above but not totally swayed by them, but could u point me to the page your reply is on in case I missed it? 

Cos I know that he can go wherever he wants, unless he thought that PJW may have moved ET 

• Like 1

Spoiler for future episode, open at your own risk

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

This is regarding KS and ET after he returns into his real body, ET is older here. Clearly KS is watching over her from a distance.

I'm serious, it's a major spoiler, don't look if you don't wanna know

They added a musketeer to the show.

if so, why stop at one

BTW is Goblin a drama or a RomCom

lol

1 hour ago, aurelly said:

KGE still filming today.

I will put under spoiler, this is related to 29yo ET.

Hide contents

qXOU0ve.png

4af12535ly1fbrjwpalxnj20ku0o2dkv.jpg

Other ET pic 

Reveal hidden contents

4af12535ly1fbrcu8dtnjj20k00nf1kx.jpg

4af12535ly1fbrl5pkl25j20ku0kgwjp.jpg

Cr pic to owner

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@bebebisous33 Oh I agree with you! Of course, we always have a choice. But I don't think Sartre's ideas who have gone very well at that period and geography, or even in monarchial French times. The thing was that your life did not belong to you, but to the King. Like you said, that was even truer as she was a servant. So even though now I, a Western individualistic person living in the 21st century, can say that yes, she had a choice; I don't think it was true then and that saying no to the King was even a possibility. I think KS was slightly different because he was ordered to protect WY by the previous King and also because he was a soldier and he was also responsible of many men under him (his death meant the death of all his men too)... But even his non-following of orders is a bit anachronistic IMO.

Of course this is all a drama written and shown in the 21st century so... Interpretations and perspectives are different!

ETA: Ah @bebebisous33 This reminds me of CITT's exchanges. Once again, I am being perhaps a bit too lenient with some characters :mellow:She is interesting because I can see both evilness and fear in her...

I am well aware that it was a different time, yet some people were willing to disobey and pay that affront with their life.

I agree with you that she is not just evil. She is different from PJW. I also see fear in her, but she could be considered as the female pendant of Wang Yeo. The latter was also afraid of arguing with PJW. Deep down he knew that his evil eunuch was trying to poison his wife. Yet, he never stopped the evil eunuch. Moreover, he didn't want to lose him. PJW knew how to treat WY's ego: lack of self-esteem and love. The king only managed to throw away the concoction but he never put a stop to PJW's tactics. WY's biggest flaw was his cowardice, and I have the impression that GR Kim is like him: a coward. Yet, he regretted his action and didn't blame anyone else. Now, it is up to her if she acts like him or decides to blame PJW or to hide her secret!

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Hide contents

Putting this under spoilers so some people don't have to read it. Hmmmmm, good eye! I tried to compare the coats, they're the same. The only thing that is different is the purse cause in the Quebec scenes, I can't find her black purse. Why are they using this outfit in SK though, it's not like she can use a door and just go there. Maybe its AFTER the meeting? Does KS use the door to bring her back home?

omgg can any of you enlighten me or pm me the pictures i can't seem to find the spoiler fan cams . Thanks in advance

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Quick theory about the convo ET and Sunny have in the restaurant in Quebec. It goes as follows:

ET: I know. It's not like I've ever been abroad before.

Sunny: Why would you go there now, when you're about to turn 30? When I was 29, I didn't even travel as far as to go to the corner store.

ET: Are you serious?

Sunny: I didn't have any appointments (reasons?)

ET: I've been travelling around just fine for someone who's never been abroad before. I rarely get lost and I never miss a meal. Now, I'm going to have a big chunk of beef. I'm at a nice restaurant with some man.

What if she remembers everything, it's just that she's referring to the fact that she's never been abroad before BY HERSELF? She's been with KS but that was through the magic doors, not literally on a plane and on her own. She never gets lost and she knew about this restaurant, so what if she remembers everything but in the typical ET fashion, she's taken KS's death as a way to honour his memory by living life to the fullest. What if that day is the ten year anniversary of his death and to commemorate him, she's come there. By chance it's to meet a CEO (maybe for an interview or she's expecting DH). The way she clutches her necklace, it's almost like she's remembering KS and who gave it to her. Remember, she's trying to move on and trying to make the best of her life so maybe in her eyes, meeting some man at a restaurant is fulfilling what KS would have wanted for her.

totallyyyy agree with youuu and i've been hoping for thAT , TOO . fingers crossed

• Like 7

@bebebisous33 I also think that the female GR might target sunny. And that would probably be the reason why, GR and Sunny would meet again.. There has to be more about her or else, her getting her memories would be pointless. 

-About the little boy I think her grandmother may be the 3. sister of the triplet. Just like the appearance of that female ghost was not random and it turns out that she was a friend of ET´s mother, the boy´s appearance is also not random.- I wonder if this passage "He will come to you through rain. and leave as a blue flame" in the letter  is an indication that KS may have not lost all his power?

Spoiler

In one of spoiler pic on Instagram KS is standing under a blooming cherry tree, if he had truly lost his power there wouldn`t be one there right?

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Hide contents

In one of spoiler pic on Instagram KS is standing under a blooming cherry tree, if he had truly lost his power there wouldn`t be one there right?

Spoiler

Exactly. I think he has his powers still to some capacity because of two reasons.

1. Chairman Yu said that KS will come with the rain with blue light. That means to claim his company, he will have some power with blue light

2. The cherry blossom scene is evident. They're wearing coats yet there are blossoms? Magic.

3. They're filming scenes with ET right now wearing the EXACT outfit as she does when she meets KS at 29 in the restaurant, what if she meets him, they both remember and he brings her back to SK through a door? Why else would they film her in the same clothes but in SK, it's not like she can teleport herself and neither would she wear the same outfit on a plane, to the hotel, and in the restaurant. I think it's possibly because he's bringing her home.

10 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

if she remembers everything did she ever wanted to go and see where KS lies? 

I don't think even she knows where it is. All we know is that it's a field and only KS knows that. No one else.

FGRP targeting sunny is a great possibility only if she had a crush on the king  Blue Flame and rain is a metaphor but for what.....   

how about going to that fortune teller lady with Sunny :) she has warned Sunny about  to stay away from tall men wearing black especially black hat 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, tara97 said:

omgg can any of you enlighten me or pm me the pictures i can't seem to find the spoiler fan cams . Thanks in advance

Check your PM :)