[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Well, another AMAZING episode!  Yep...cried...big time!  This show continues to deliver at every level - production, acting, writing week in and week out.  (I hope they are planning an amazing group vacation after this...hopefully somewhere warm)

I will probably need therapy once this show is over.  It's been an emotional rollercoaster and I seriously don't want to get off this ride.  I've used up a box of tissue and am now reaching for good old TP to blow my nose.

Looking forward to next week with bittersweet anticipation.  Three more great episodes, hopefully full of good *feels* for all of our star crossed lovers...and of course, only three more episodes until the end....*sigh*  deep breath....

• Like 4

It is not a good look when tears are falling, snot is dripping from your nose and you are trying hard to stifle your sobs. And all this just by reading the posts and seeing the screencaps here! 

Even after knowing something big is going to happen (like the death scene), you are never truly prepared. And you still can't stop the tears from flowing.

hope the cast and crew also get a finale party for the great job that they have done!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, blumilk said:

Hi everyone...such a sad episode! 

There's a few irregularities though and was wondering what others would think/explain it? 

1) If GR knew where to find ET from the death card, why didn't he know where she would be that time when she had the death card with death by hypothermia? 

2) Wasn't ET's ability to see ghosts lost in episode 12? How come she was still able to see PJW when he tried to kill sunny 

3) If PJW had been there on the roof when ET confronted the husband killer, wouldn't ET have seen him? 

1. Could it be GR will know where the exact location he need to pick up when humans were already died. But since she's not dead yet by hypothermia he couldn't know exactly where she was. In case of PJW, he knew his location because PJW was already dead or ghost.

2. There is a possibility,  her ability to see ghost was not completely gone at that time, since the mark was not that fading and it's in time of danger.  Her mark was exhausted after getting rid PJW earlier and more fading than before, that's why then she couldn't see PJW at the rooftop.

3. I agree this was confusing, could it be PJW possesed the husband killer so ET or KS couldn't see PJW. Or PJW was not really there but it's only how the drama tell us with those clips that PJW was actively persuaded or added dark thoughts to those evil humans to become more evil.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Razmotte Cazabon said:

Good evening

Can someone tell me after the "I love you" de Ks what he says after, please

Yupe. Would like to know that too. My subs didn't quite get it right (frustrating because a lot of times, the meaning is lost).

But with my limited korean,  I think it goes along the lines of, "From then/that, I did/already did"??? Not too sure. Anyone has better subs? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Razmotte Cazabon said:

Good evening

Can someone tell me after the "I love you" de Ks what he says after, please

KS: Meeting you was the reward of my life.

ET: No. Please. You said you wouldn't let go of my hands. You promised me.

KS: I will come as the rain. I will come as the first snowfall. I will beg the divinity to let me do just that

ET: Don't do this. Don't go like this. I love you. I love you. I love you.

KS: So do I. I love you. I already did that back there (he's talking about kissing her, he showed her his love)

*turns to ashes after a tear*

ET: NO 

And this is where there was a worldwide tissue shortage cause all of us were dying.

Just now, Razmotte Cazabon said:

Thank you very much

But this  sentence does not make sense, i can not understand it 

He loved her, even before he kissed her like that. He's always so shy about showing her that he loves her but he always has.

I'm re-watching ep 13 with subs and I'm a little bothered by Sunny wearing the same black vest and floral shirt for many scenes though a few days are supposed to have passed. I can understand that production is tight but I wonder are they trying to show her as distraught? That's why no change of clothing for a few days. :o

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, janeeta said:

KS: Meeting you was the reward of my life.

ET: No. Please. You said you wouldn't let go of my hands. You promised me.

KS: I will come as the rain. I will come as the first snowfall. I will beg the divinity to let me do just that

ET: Don't do this. Don't go like this. I love you. I love you. I love you.

KS: So do I. I love you. I already did that back there (he's talking about kissing her, he showed her his love)

*turns to ashes after a tear*

ET: NO 

And this is where there was a worldwide tissue shortage cause all of us were dying.

Thank you 

now that i understand, thanks frankly 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, tara97 said:

so i wanted to ask you guys about some questions but i keep forgetting ,, anyway :

1- In episode 1 , the first time ks meets et , after their eye contact , some scenes like future scenes or idk are shown ( some have happened like et blowing the cotton flower in quebic , some i guess haven't like idk ks putting his hands on et neck , embracing her ? ) what are these scenes like did he see her future ? - but he said he couldn't .. - or is it just some editing for the drama's sake ??

2-why is gr only 300 years old i don't get it ??

you guys probably already spazzed on these topics too bad i am not always here :wub:

1. I think he did..when he was in the canadian restaurant, he finaly saw her future, that was why he cried. Somehown, the timing when he finally get the purpose of ET, the deity gave him that vision

2. GR only remembers his 300 recent years. The auditors told him that he suffered for 600 years remembering all his sins and finally told the deity that he wants to be a GR and forget everything after 600 years. That is why he thought he was just 300 years..

My 2 cents chinggu

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

Yoo Deok Hwa

- Gets possessed by God randomly

- Gets his credit card taken away because of God's spending habits

- Bullied by his 2 supernatural uncles on a regular basis

- Gets threatened by GR to be taken away on a regular basis

- Finally gets his card back when KS was going to die the first time, but promptly re-confiscated when KS comes back alive

- Almost gets hit by his uncle when God possessed him to speak to his uncles

- Loses his grandpa

- Forced to be the chauffeur for ET and GR

- Gets bullied by Secretary Kim everytime

- Is forced to work in a furniture store under the supervision of a scary manager

- Gets his house taken over by KS when KS left his house

- Is about to find out that his uncle, who said he would be with him after his grandpa died, died

You forgot this

giphy.gif

Poor DH