[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

17 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@triplem, Yes! The feels...But back to back episodes next Saturday?! Must be crazy post productions though. Geez! I hope the cast and crew get a really nice holiday. They deserve it so much.

I think I've been overplaying the Goblin OST too many times a day. Need to get back to reality...LOL!

This thread will go doubly crazy next sat for sure. K drama land sure feels nicer than reality ..Lol! 

Btw chingu, what you mention in your earlier post about how actors get jobs in Sk is quite true. I was watching Entourage recently & it was like that. 

25 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Looking at the preview, Kim Shin will pull again that sword to vanish Eunuch?
I remember someone already mentioned that the only sword that would kill Eunuch (because he is quite an invincible ghost) will be the one that is pulled by Eun Tak ? 

Okay that could happened but what happened after that? Will KS totally turn into ashes or the Goblin in him will do?

Why does the scene where he is meeting ET, look like a premonition/ goodbye, before he's going to meet the big bad? Hope something bad is not going to happen in the meetup :S.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

This thread will go doubly crazy next sat for sure. K drama land sure feels nicer than reality ..Lol! 

Btw chingu, what you mention in your earlier post about how actors get jobs in Sk is quite true. I was watching Entourage recently & it was like that. 

I'm doubly excited that our lives next Saturday will be doubly exciting HAHAHA!

BTW, have you seen the preview? I'm actually looking forward to the sword being used and I think its the REAL sword, not only the materializing one. That sword was totally made to serve Wang Yeo. He was just blinded by his emotions in Goryeo. It was created to protect him, that old thing, and not to fight wars. But I bet everyone knew that already, right?

About Entourage: Cool!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

I'm doubly excited that our lives next Saturday will be doubly exciting HAHAHA!

BTW, have you seen the preview? I'm actually looking forward to the sword being used and I think its the REAL sword, not only the materializing one. That sword was totally made to serve Wang Yeo. He was just blinded by his emotions in Goryeo. It was created to protect him, that old thing, and not to fight wars. But I bet everyone knew that already, right?

About Entourage: Cool!

I'm gonna watch it when I get home on pc. Watching YT vids will eat up my data...sob..

36 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@triplem, Yes! The feels...But back to back episodes next Saturday?! Must be crazy post productions though. Geez! I hope the cast and crew get a really nice holiday. They deserve it so much.

I think I've been overplaying the Goblin OST too many times a day. Need to get back to reality...LOL!

Same here @pnaysurfer84  I've been looping Stay With Me for a few weeks already. It's driving everyone in the house mad. 

The preview looks so exciting. I can imagine my heart breaking when (if) KimShin asks EunTak to pull out the sword to fight that big bad. T.T

• Like 8

5 hours ago, petalsandleaves said:

This is completely off topic, but

do any of you guys know if actors and actresses have to audition for their roles? In Hollywood and in Korea, some people are offered roles, which is fine, but in Hollywood at least everything is audition based and there are so many cast changes before the movie is made or TV pilot gets picked up.

I totally understand GY getting offered the role, but besides the A-listers which only comes out to be a handful, what about everyone else? LDW had to prove himself after getting rejected by auditioning to the writer, and even the word "audition" wasn't explicitly stated in the articles I read up on. ANd he was rejected initially... just because.. (maybe he didn't have the right 'look', maybe the writer didn't want LDW to play second to GY, who knows, but that's all pretty meh reasons since he didn't audition).

It's also odd to me when there's a really big height difference between the leads, which is fine the men are just extremely tall lol, but from a cinematographer's perspective, isn't it harder to catch them in the same frame? Off topic again, but sometimes in chase scenes the girls are wearing mega high heels to match the height of the male, which doesn't make sense.. cuz it's a chase scene lol.

I feel like in Korea, there isn't the big audition where the leads show the director whether they have chemistry. It seems to me that through some way, the script gets delivered to actor, he/she has limited time to say yes/no, and if it is a no, production team makes offer to another person. If yes, then the person is cast. Is it really this simple?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if any of you are korean film/TV insiders, I would definitely like to know!

Sometimes, the writer has already the name of actors and actresses who will portray the screenplay their wrote. So thats why A-list actors and actresses in SK tend to get offered rather than doing the audition, but I will give you an example for how the PD and writer chose their actors in drama Reply 1988 (under spoiler, because it's unrelated)

Spoiler

For an example. The writer wrote the character of the female main lead is based on Lee Hyeri's real life character, hence she got offered to play the main lead (Deoksun), and for the other male and female main leads in the drama like Taek, Sunwoo, Bora, Junghwan, and Dongryul. There're actually hundred of actors and actresses who did audition for that role (probably you could watch their behind the scene or the director's cut of their drama to see how they do the audition), and once the audition is done, and the PD and writer know who will portray who, the writer (in this case, Reply 1988) adjust the character in the drama to match with the actors and actresses who will playing it.

SK drama writers tend to wrote the screenplay with a name of actors and actresses in their mind already, maybe this is what make SK dramas different from other country's, and since the pace of SK dramas is fast (only 16-20 episodes), and with them always doing the live shooting (most of it), so building a chemistry between the character and the actor who going to portray it would likely take time (and there's usually not enough of time), that why the writer tend to choose who they want to play in their drama.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

He's wearing the same coat in the showdown scene as the one when he went to ET's school. Oh my heart.

Yeah! And what was he talking about ' This sword's value was that'. I wonder what makes his sword work this time?

• Like 10

My prediction for what will happen in the end:

KS will realize that the only way to get rid of PJW is by pulling out his own sword so he will ask ET to pull it out and through GR's help, she will have to kill him. Meanwhile, KS will turn to ashes and ET, GR, and Sunny will be sad. ET will lose her memories of KS since he no longer exists. Instinct will bring her to Quebec where she will meet KS, who has been given a miracle by the deity and is now CEO. They have lunch and before she leaves, he stops her and they recall their memories. Realizing that they are actually in love, they hug and kiss. END SCENE.

I don't particularly like this ending since I wanted a full on wedding and more mature romantic interactions but it's looking like the only way there will be a happily ever after.

7 minutes ago, lavendre said:

Same here @pnaysurfer84  I've been looping Stay With Me for a few weeks already. It's driving everyone in the house mad. 

The preview looks so exciting. I can imagine my heart breaking when (if) KimShin asks EunTak to pull out the sword to fight that big bad. T.T

Hahah, I love most of the songs, especially stay with me, hush, stuck in love, i miss you , who are you, *I will go to you like the first snow. Stuck in love has a mysterious Gothic vibe to it. In fact I am surprised how good the soundtrack is over all.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, janeeta said:

My prediction for what will happen in the end:

KS will realize that the only way to get rid of PJW is by pulling out his own sword so he will ask ET to pull it out and through GR's help, she will have to kill him. Meanwhile, KS will turn to ashes and ET, GR, and Sunny will be sad. ET will lose her memories of KS since he no longer exists. Instinct will bring her to Quebec where she will meet KS, who has been given a miracle by the deity and is now CEO. They have lunch and before she leaves, he stops her and they recall their memories. Realizing that they are actually in love, they hug and kiss. END SCENE.

I don't particularly like this ending since I wanted a full on wedding and more mature romantic interactions but it's looking like the only way there will be a happily ever after.

Wah! I bet we will all cry if that happens. But here's a thought: WHAT IF KS won't turn to ashes when the sword gets pulled out. It will just turn him back to his MORTAL self. The sword was lunged on him as he lives an IMMORTAL life. AH! The loopy thoughts are coming, full circle LOL!

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, naritul said:

Thank you :wub:@hairuchii  @alleram95

waiting the other one... thank you uri lovely translators.... 

Thank you @naritul for preparing the video and @alleram95 for the translation!

I think @alleram95 did an awesome job with both the video and text preview! I have nothing else to add. :):)  The text preview was rather dramatic too with descriptions of how the evil eunuch "stretched his blackened hands towards Sunny and Eun Tak". Alleram95 has translated this sentence very well! 

I can't make out what Joong Won the evil eunuch said too! :crazy: There's something about anticipation? We will wait for proper subs if Dramafever would do them. I do apologise! 

• Like 12

Im praying for miracles happen : 

1. NO AMNESIA for ET

2. KS being mortal after his sword being pulled out

3. Sunny will stay for WY, *he looks so miserable*

4. WY and another GR will help KS to catch evil eunuch

Kim Eun Sook writer-nim, you are a lurker in this thread arent you? :tears:

ADD : Before all the sad things (mayb) happen, Can we get kiss from KS to ET first, jaebal PD-Nim:wub:

• Like 18