[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

@gamshe and @naritul I'm actually torn...

Spoiler

Between wanting Sunny to remember or wanting her to move on.

But my stance is clear in this aspect: I don't think memory erasure is good for Sunny and/or the Grim Reaper. I think it's similar to what the unnamed Grim Reaper in the junior Grim Reaper's story did when he found his reincarnated wife (Ep 8). Oblivion = RUNNING AWAY.

That wouldn't be a permanent solution.

Sunny has already had a sense of deja vu of the memory the Grim Reaper erased, and it isn't a traumatic memory at all. Just the memory of that awfully short date night. 

What about a series of traumatic memories? Has he ever thought of the consequences of these erasures? 

It really was sad to see her walk away alone in that scene of Ep 8.

EDIT:

So, even if Sunny doesn't remember, I hope the Grim Reaper will stop compelling her to do this or that (and therefore abusing his supernatural powers), or erasing her memories. 

P.S

And the thing where the video frame and coloring or even clarity of a scene is different from one another is called video aspect ratio

EDIT 2:

@crazyoverkdrama

I think there must be a reason why everyone is reborn or meet one another in the current timeline, because after all they need closure. The fact that the Goblin's and the Grim Reaper's powers are the opposite of each other must also play a role for the closure.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 10

Best drama.!!!  Gong Yoo simply superb actor and a gorgeous man.For a long time I did not expect to continue drama as  waiting for the continuation of "Goblin".

Thank  for the beautiful photos placed in this thread.

• Like 7

@yukipinkk Hi... Just in case this can make you feel better, you won't be alone in feeling sad. There are many of us here.

@dramoron I'm sorry I missed your post. Glad you also know about the annoying "true love" tagline, because in this drama, true love is side by side with friendship, redemption, etc etc. By any chance, are we from the same frustrating, I mean beloved, country?

Edited by selenette
  • Like 6

I have been trying to make this sort of of funny video for a few days but waking up to the GR&Sunny spoilers made us all sad:tears: .. and angry...

tumblr_oja4mn48ud1w0xxlgo3_540.gif

@selenette Now that I know, the only thing getting me through is knowing we're in this together:wub: May the odds be in our favor and may the writer be kind enough to give everyone a happy ending

Here's the video I made...I wanted to add a lot more scenes but I got tired so maybe HUMOUR PART 2?? lol :sweatingbullets: Hope this can lift your mood a bit... it's not the best but I tried^^

• Like 17

@yukipinkk Thanks so much for the video! I'm sorry if those rumors/spoilers whatever upset you or anyone.

Let's hope that they're just rumors and nothing more. 

EDIT:

Thank you, @shynaz, for the Bogle pics. Why Blackhug is still visible with his hat on really fascinates me. Maybe his hat is faulty.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, yukipinkk said:

I have been trying to make this sort of of funny video for a few days but waking up to the GR&Sunny spoilers made us all sad:tears: .. and angry...

Here's the video I made...I wanted to add a lot more scenes but I got tired so maybe HUMOUR PART 2?? lol :sweatingbullets: Hope this can lift your mood a bit... it's not the best but I tried^^

I love your video...Please make part 2...I want to share in FB...:wub:

We still dont know what happen..just wait for tonight episode...

• Like 4

23 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Ah thanks for posting this here and for taking the time to translate it all! You rock!!!

Just a little question as for the letter/will: what does the letter say exactly? Only what you wrote at first or the whole thing in quotation marks? I am confused... Meaning: did he read what was written or what Goblin had thought (and not written)? I always thought what he kept saying was the part about his frist love and be able to confess...

The letter says what I wrote at first. ie: “Dear gods. My will is a petition to you to grant my death. Once I thought this life was a gift, but it has turned out to be a punishment. Not one death have I forgotten. And thus, I’ve tried to end this life. However, as usual, the gods have not listened.” Hence why Euntak asked about what the character for 'listen' meant in an attempt to decipher his diary.

• Like 13

@selenette You're very welcome! :wub:and don't be sorry.. if it happens to be true I think its better to be prepared :sweatingbullets: but let's not jinx it , I have hope in the writer...trying to have hope lol

@shynaz awwh Thank you! I'm glad you like it and I will definitely work on another one and try to post it soon ^.^

and yup we're going to wait and see what happens, even though the wait seems sooo long but we've got this fandom so :wub:

• Like 4

@selenette can it be not rumors but fan speculations? Same as we all post here in between eps? Maybe that blog took them from similar forum as ours? Can we ask that blog lol? Our chingu @winterdew has examined Chinese side and haven't found this exact rumors but she has found another. But we call it fans theories.

The theory is that that GRs have ability to whipe out memories from the past. And that GR women will punish Sunny and Wang Yeo for being in love again with erasing Sunny's memory.

Ik sound as another theory. Maybe that GR girl is evil teacher's daughter and he was planning to make her a queen and former king's last will has intervented in his plans. But how can she remember her past life...

• Like 9

On 1/4/2017 at 8:29 PM, rumasa79 said:

@SeGafanlady @violetpetal @EonnieHaru Gong Yoo in A man and a woman! I can't unsee that..and I won't! LoL..he's a pleasure to watch, really. *clears throat* 

And KGE is so so special, after CiTT, I watched all her movie, including A Muse, her debut role and she instantly killed it with multiple awards. Talk about raw talent.

And yasshhh, I'd make a party if they ever get casted in a movie, with hot skinship and burning kisses. That would be wild :wub:

Exactly why I said previously that even with a minimum and somewhat awkward skinship, these two manage to make me giddy and dreamy, I wonder if freedom is thrown at them, it would be a feast. GAH, now I really need that to happen.

Hahahaha I have the same thought with you. If only they get casted in a movie together with hot skinship and great scenario...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, selenette said:

Unsettling spoilers/rumors from Weibo, as posted on Twitter. Proceed at your own tearjerking risk, but take these with a grain of salt. Nothing ShinTak...so far.

Hide contents

Deok-hwa's grandfather would die, and then the boy would get drunk and find consolation from the Goblin and the Grim Reaper.

Sunny would regain her memories, but only the bitter ones. She would be haunted and tormented by these memories. 

The Grim Reaper decides to erase Sunny's memories (of him?) rather than see her suffer.

@selenette Chingu, thanks for sharing this. Part of me hope it isn't true, and the other part of me knows tragedy usually makes for a beautiful love story... it'll be sad but at the same time very moving as well. But at this point, it feels like WangSun has gotten more angst-ridden than happy moments. I hope that whatever they will be put through won't ruin their relationship for good. What I'm curious about is if it's possible for Sunny to regain memories of her past life? We know that she has been reincarnated and obviously has drunk the tea of forgetfulness. It seems that the effect of the tea is permanent. Still, there might be some exceptions or loophole somewhere, who knows...

@Princi_86 I see that we posted just around the same time. Haha! Thanks for updating here on my behalf, chingu :)

Anyway, @selenette, your post piqued my curiosity :) So I went on Weibo to try to find out more about any spoilers/speculations that might be there. So far, I haven't come across any spoilers (or I might have missed them)... just a couple of speculations here and there. I believe that the point on Deok Hwa getting drunk and finding consolation from the GR and Goblin might be a speculation based on today's fancam of LDW, GY and possibly YSJ at a bar. I came across a post speculating, based on the below fancam, a few possible scenarios which includes the one of DH drowning his sorrows following his grandfather's death and the GR and Goblin consoling him. There's also another speculation involving DH arranging to meet GR and Goblin to drop a bomb on them/do something shocking (something to that effect).

I also came across another speculation involving WangSun that is apparently being talked about by Knetz as well. It was posted along with the below fancam (cr: Weibo) but I'm not entirely sure if it's linked to the speculation. Basically, a female Grim Reaper might come into the picture and wipe out Sunny's memories (I assume her present ones) as a punishment for GR dating/being in a relationship with Sunny. Again, please also take this with a grain of salt. If it's true, we don't need just tissues but towels like @gamshe said :tears:

image.jpg

• Like 18

I LOL at the legendary eyeliner - so true since it's part of Grimm Reaper's signature look.

Ahhh - I love it when Kim Shin always get jealous

One more for the laughs per Sunny's description of Kim Shin's dinosaur look

Spoiler

• Like 15

8 hours ago, SunnySun26 said:

Goblin writer Kim Eun Sook initially rejected Lee Dong Wook for grim reaper role

To be honest he did make Grim Reaper so amusing lol. I even wrote about it on his official fb i ask him isn't grim reaper should be heartless, cold and mysterious? lol. at first i thought Goblin will be a bit dark, a bit heavy for a drama. But then grim reaper did silly things :w00t:  if you ever watch LDW drama "wild romance" lol. i guess i wasn't wrong always love him. He's sooo amazing and i find his character has changes since he joined Roommate. He used to be quiet, stiff a bit serious now he's more chatty, easy going. i like that :)

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 11

27 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

So more angst thrown in our way with both new accident for the Bride and more flashbacks.

I can't wait, on a lighter note, 

Raise Your Hands If you're eagerly waiting for our Grim Reaper to get his first Kiss from Sunny  :wub:

Image result for raise your hand gif

i believe and wish  our KS will pay back our Grimmy who helped him before ,and help him with Sunny  we have to get ready for ep.11 &12 coz they gonna be very saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

i also afraid that my Grimmy maybe punished for using hat and his power in things other than GR's work.

• Like 12