[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I got a flu yesterday and this long wait is not helping at all. Even when I'm sick, I keep thinking about Goblin.
And today is my birthday.... please give me the best birthday present ever. Happy ending for all couples.

Amazing drawing for epic moment

viewimage.php?id=25b2d221ead034af60&no=29bcc427b28677a16fb3dab004c86b6fae7cfdc6a7b48ad835a3ceda3738ae9d84139cd715e648c4b8d030c92314f0e0c2cc1e143d178b5f66e535db64b7b56c4f7bc104143740d635babf0db415

cr: dcinside

Edit: Why they keep doing that? They make us fall in love with a song and then they release a version sang by different artist.  I still hope they'll release the original versions of Beautiful and Heaven. And what about the song from the first episode when Kim Shin was walking towards the king? I've waited for the song ever since I heard it.

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, myeongnim said:

not sure if this was already brought up but it seems like the "Never Far Away" song will be re-recorded with Heize singing it instead.
Knets are complaining since they want the original and not a re-recording of the song. (same issue that happened with "Beautiful")

Ah thanks for the update. This totally sucks. I was afraid something like this would happen. I really like the original track of Beautiful Life too. It looks like they want more pop sound and with bigger artists like Heize and Crush? Totally bum. My excitement level has gone totally way down. And this is the song that everybody's been demanding for since day 1.

Edited by ucylucy
  • Like 11

Why Heize? Why not the original singer? I can understand the case of Beautiful. The first version was only a guide. Why they chose to incorporate it rather than wait for Crush's version, idk. But here, the original is already iconic and of good quality and has been used many times that a new version seems unnecessary. 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

Ah thanks for the update. This totally sucks. I was afraid something like this would happen. I really like the original track of Beautiful Life too. It looks like they want more pop sound and with bigger artists like Heize and Crush? Totally bum.

I am a bit disappointed as well. I won't cancel my pre-order but am sad since they know how much the song means to us. I can't help but wonder why they can't include both versions (same as with Beautiful and the different versions of the OSTs) you are probably right about them wanting more bigger artists to re-sing the OST. Such a shame! :(

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

The original singer will feature in the song as well. I suspect it was never actually a complete song in the first place, but just the opening bit. Ah well, I hope at least the bit with the original singer will sound decent.

Apparently the original singer also sang 'Winter is Coming' (OST part 11).

that was my fear as well. I don't think they expected the song to blow up in popularity, hence them releasing the OST this late.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

My excitement level has gone totally way down. And this is the song that everybody's been demanding for since day 1.

Mine too. I love how the original sounds and I have completely different emotional response to it. I'll still be pre-ordering because I don't know when it'll be available again but it saddens me that they're doing this.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Han Ji Eun said:

Somebody please tell me the name of the song for the final scene episode 13

In the final scene, the name of the song is "And I'm Here" by Kim Kyung Hee

The ending track for Ep 13 is Ailee's "I Will Go To You Like The First Snow"

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, myeongnim said:

I am a bit disappointed as well. I won't cancel my pre-order but am sad since they know how much the song means to us. I can't help but wonder why they can't include both versions (same as with Beautiful and the different versions of the OSTs) you are probably right about them wanting more bigger artists to re-sing the OST. Such a shame! :(

Wait, so Beautiful is not originally sung by Crush? who is ht eoriginal singer? I always hear Crush version even in the drama, or maybe I missed it :\

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Why Heize? Why not the original singer? I can understand the case of Beautiful. The first version was only a guide. Why they chose to incorporate it rather than wait for Crush's version, idk. But here, the original is already iconic and of good quality and has been used many times that a new version seems unnecessary. 

@jeijei hi, say if i am unsuccessful in signing in. can i still park here at this thread for the live-streaming ... dun mind if i or few others are the only one here while it stream tomorrow... Sat i have Family Clan Dinner which means i will missed out the finale in LIVE Stream, so make no diff. i meant only tomorrow night park here? sorry for being difficult.

• Like 6

Guys I re-watched the series, while waiting for Episode 14 and I just noticed something while watching Episode 2 while KS and ET were in Quebec. I will put it in spoilers just in case it's spoilery.

Spoiler

ET said that when you catch a falling leaf, you will fall in love with the person you're walking with. In this case KS did fall for ET so what ET said came true. But then she said something about "Just like catching a cherry blossom means you will marry your first love.." So my theory is that the pictures with KS and ET with the cherry blossoms is not because KS still has powers, I think he's back to being mortal but because maybe this is the scene where KS catches a cherry blossom and ask ET to marry him. 

And I am hoping for a wedding scene, bed scene, and them having kids. 

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

Guys I re-watched the series, while waiting for Episode 14 and I just noticed something while watching Episode 2 while KS and ET were in Quebec. I will put it in spoilers just in case it's spoilery.

Hide contents

ET said that when you catch a falling leaf, you will fall in love with the person you're walking with. In this case KS did fall for ET so what ET said came true. ....

In the earlier episodes, Eun Tak also said that they were having their honeymoon in Quebec, and that she would only visit Quebec with Goblin, no one else. These should also come true in the last three episodes, I hope.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

Hide contents

ET said that when you catch a falling leaf, you will fall in love with the person you're walking with. In this case KS did fall for ET so what ET said came true. But then she said something about "Just like catching a cherry blossom means you will marry your first love.." So my theory is that the pictures with KS and ET with the cherry blossoms is not because KS still has powers, I think he's back to being mortal but because maybe this is the scene where KS catches a cherry blossom and ask ET to marry him. 

And I am hoping for a wedding scene, bed scene, and them having kids. 

The petal thing cracks me up because

Spoiler

I remember the flashback in which ET is a kid watching her oppa practice baseball. She almost caught a petal but because KS was doing so poorly at the batting cage he made ET drop her petal :D

• Like 18

1 hour ago, o--ILuvUKnow--o said:

Wait, so Beautiful is not originally sung by Crush? who is ht eoriginal singer? I always hear Crush version even in the drama, or maybe I missed it :\

The singer of "Beautiful" OST's original version is it's composer, Lee Seung Joo, from rock band "Vanilla Unity". Lee Seung Joo's original version was played in the drama until Ep 6. From Ep 6 and on, it's all Crush's version. I could be off by an episode by I think Ep 6 should be correct. 

Crush's version starts playing in Ep 6. The first time was in the scene where Eun Tak wrote the chinese character (to hear) on Kim Shin's hand. I can't find the clip. But Crush's version is more pop and R'n'B.

Edited by ucylucy
  • Like 21