[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Ep 12 was so so heartbreaking, but their acting was so daebak. I really like DH'acting especially when he is one person two characters... His fall from the chair must be very painful. He is so professional( can see from the background extra is a one shot scene cos some of the extras are moving hehe).

I was randomly thinking maybe the only way to kill the evil eunuch was the missing form that the GR had to fill in. Since no one know his real name his soul can't be taken to the underworld, is like the king can't bear to kill him in his previous life was given a second chance to end everything. 

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

@carolinedl you are right, maybe she is losing her purpose as the "bride of goblin and drawer of the sword" however, Goblin keeps saying that there must be another door or window to circumvent their tragic destiny.  Perhaps it's part of a "new" purpose being created for the Goblin and his Bride.  Remember, we all assumed that to be his Bride and to see and pull out the sword, they had to be "in love."  I think "love" and "sacrifice" has a lot more to do with how they will get around their previous destiny.  I think that the curse and judgement meted out by the DW "Deity" did not factor in love of the Goblin by his bride and it's overall effect on their decision to stay together and potentially sacrifice their life.  He to another stretch of pain and immortality and she, death.  Should be interesting to see how things proceed

I agree with you! I think it also refers to the power of humans, their strength. Remember that guy who wanted to use the bathroom so badly that he managed to fing GR's door? I think ET will do the same, she will be able to use her love to change her destiny and KS's as well. I believe that "destin" allows for free-will. A path is shown but one can still alter that path.

Gosh, I don't know why but for episode 11 and 12, it is the small scenes that touch me the most. In episode 11, it was when the God of Birth went to see ET in her classroom and when she faced ET's teacher. In this episode, the scene between KS and the reincarnation of the man who had kill him made me bawl like crazy!!...

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i'm worried she could not see that ghost woman yet she was able to talk with evil eunuch!Maybe is something temporary...she is the bride but she does not want to do her duty...she loves her groom too much...

@andy78 Hi Chingu!  I agree, that her in-ability to see the ghost may be temporary.  At least, I hope so, since ghosts have been such a big part of her life, and now, her friends....

• Like 4

what a great episode! I'm in awe! everyone was soo good. KS's old friend and comrade's appearance was one of the best parts of this episode :wub:  KJW's ghost gives me chill, the actor is perfectly creepy :cold_sweat: Ah I believe that KS's act was on impulse and he will quickly recover from the revelation of GR being the King. I hate seeing them in this bad predicament 

• Like 9

Wookie was beyond perfection , this scene deserve an award for , i am myself  my heart was about to explode

and this kiss is the most tragedian kiss i have ever watched in my Korean drama journey

• Like 15

Why Eun-tak can't see the ghosts now? OMG that scares me! Is because the bride's mark? It's disapeared? Her time is up? Please don't let me hanging!

My heart is breaking because of Shin and Wang Yeo. Does Sunny stil rememers Grim Reaper or not? I'm confused.

• Like 7

OMG I CRIEDD A RIVER FOR THE WHOLE EPISODE!

this gota be the best episode ever!! i can't describe how amazing it is. 

the scene it really got me was when deok hwa was like i m gona start learning go, so i could be your uncle, ur father and ur grandfather! omg from then on...i started crying and crying and crying .. :bawling:

so many heart warming scene esp KS's old friend...when sunny finally remembers KS ...when WY was telling her to have good ending...

omg i can go on and on and on.....this whole ep broke my heart in a very good way

just amazing! 

• Like 12

from the spoiler picture i keep having the same thoughts...

memory loss... no memory loss.. memory loss.. no memory loss, please. in my happy world means no memory loss.

stress!!!! (in kang gary voice)

I VOW TO STAY POSITIVE FROM NOW ON.

HWAITING!

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, faith2 said:

I do not think he was removing her memory. He just want her to see his eyes so she sees his sincerity beacause after he said forget me he touches her face.

Could he possibly only removing part of her bad memory and her feeling for him? She seems to know that GR is in her memory, but she has no feeling for it. It looks like she understood KS's question whether or not GR was WY, so she remembered he was the king, but won't confirm it. Also, she was not falling apart there because she has no feeling for him. Now, if that the case, what can be done so she gets her feeling back? Another kiss? 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, skinnerbox said:

My heart is breaking because of Shin and Wang Yeo. Does Sunny stil rememers Grim Reaper or not? I'm confused.

I think she did remember him. I mean she did not answer in order to protect him, no? Like KS said, she is a fool because she feel for him even in this life.

• Like 9

LDW really look handsome in black robe but yoo in na doesnt suit that hairstyle

and really we want hot kiss, steaming make out between gr and sunny... i still feel uncomfortable with et and goblin kiss scene, their chemistry is not as great at sunny pair, maybe because less age different.

the styling of the drama is amazing, i wonder if those brand actually give their own stylist to the show, all of them look good

• Like 8

So I watched the episode with eng subs again... Woah, what a heavy emotional burden these two episodes have been...
Firstly, I really wanna applaud the whole production team from set staff to actors. Making these amazing episodes in every aspect (editing, sound mixing, lighting, music, make up an so on) while doing live shooting is very compelling. Also wanna compliment the actors. :wub:(specially YIN and LDW, there were honestly so so good I am in awe)

Moving on  to Wangsun now. :tears::wub:
The revelation scene! My heart was beating so fast throughout the whole scene seriously! I didn't expect Sunny to catch him like that. Very clever of her. She must have guessed there is something supernatural going on with all the hints GR was giving unintentionally. And the ring sound too. As a human that did not have anything to do with this whole magical stuff in her life before (unlike Euntak as ET herself said),  I honestly admire her for being open to the truth and actually going after it. And this also appeals to her going to Shin's house to learn more about the whole past life thing even though she did not believe it. She is brave, whether past life or not. heart. And thank God GR didn't erase her memories again, I had my doubts though he was already sorry after the first one. :tears: And this brings me to the last WangSun scene. Did he really erase her memories of him? In the shot, we see her eyes going blank. 

qVbVy1M.jpg lp1FBPT.jpg

But when I tried to analize her in the last ShinSun scene, she really did seem worried, and avoided saying anything. She could have said ''Who is Grim Reaper?'' But didn't. Although she also looked confused. I think this is one of those scenes that we are supposed to wonder till the next episode ahaha. But I am kinda sure she did not forget because that would require so many extra scene and I don't think they could fit them where 4 episodes are left. I don't even wanna imagine a reality where she actually remembers all of it in the last freaking episode omg no. But why didn't it work this time? Is it because it is only a part of the memories, not a whole one? Or because it is too strong of a memory to erase?
GR keeps saying this is impossible, they can't be together, he wished for a happy ending but this is a tragedy and it worries me a lot. First he kept saying it because he is a grim reaper and Sunny is a human, now after believing that he brought sadness to both Sun and Shin, he is more than convinced that this can't happen. Is this KES's way to get us ready for a sad ending? I really wanna believe in her but... And did you guys notice the way GR touched Sunny's cheek? He seemed like he was afraid to touch her, like he is not allowed to, or deserve to. I am not okay.

MDgwvoR.jpg

Then ShinTak...:tears:
I really loved the scene where Euntak held Shin's hand and said that they will leave so Sunny and Shin can talk in private and when she held him and said all those beautiful, encorounging, hopeful things to him after Director Yoo's death. There are these kind of moments that makes me adore her and their relationship more. She is one of the most cheerful but also down to earth and mature characters I have ever seen. And I love how her personality reflects her relationship with Shin. They can be so childish and playful with eachother, but they also cry together, whether it is for them or because of them. I have never understood how people could get annoyed by her or find her immature. So I hope these scenes could slap them in the face lmao. Also did you guys notice she has been calling Shin by his name? Not by ahjussi? I wonder how should I read this.
I also wrote this before but I want to write it again. The scene with Halmoni and Euntak was so emotional. I felt bad that I actually doubted her adoration for Euntak honestly. And I read here that the flowers she gave her means ''a mother's love''. *cries* And before the episode we thought Shin gave her the flowers lmao they really like to troll us.
This brings me to the drinking scene between Halmoni and the deity and the confrontation scene between the trio. Before the subs I thought he would only take over his body when needed but it seems like he was inside him the whole time! Or maybe after Shin and Euntak met? Because this whole thing is his plan and it starts there. It is kind of hard for me take him seriously after seeing him pretend like Deokhwa and being silly ahaha. But I also wonder how Deokhwa remembers everything even though he was not exactly there, and he does not remember when the deity left his body. (And also kudos to everyone that thought he might be possessed, i read some comments about it here.)
The deity said that GR chose to forget his memories himself. And at the end GR says ''The feelings without memories.. Is that the punishment I gave myself so I won't forget who I was?'' Omg honestly this is so heartbreaking. He wants to get his memories back, but at the same time he wanted to forget them because not remembering the memories but remembering the feelings of those memories and also wanting to remember the memories will be a punishment for him. Seriously someone walk on my body, this would be less painful wow. I am really curious about the deity's plan... He seems scary but also he is the one who brought them all together. I really hope when he said '' The almighty simply questions. Fate is the question I throw. You can find the answer.''  he meant that they can all live happily ever after if they try hard. *sniffs*
I also love this whole growing relationship between Sunny and Euntak. *cries* My prayers were heard ahaha. I really love how understanding and helpful Sunny has been towards her since the first meeting and how Euntak actually went to see her because she thought she might have been sick and how she covered her eyes when she saw the grim reaper ugh my beautiful girls.:tears:

Ending my rant while I am sure I forgot lots of other stuff. :sweatingbullets:

This is me whenever YIN is on my screen ahaha.

vOdXEMR.png 

T1kwvJQ.png

lmao at the neighbor grim reaper, he looks so smug like ''yes, she is my neighbor'' ahaha

oQD20x6.png

edit: And I think the reason why Shin couldn't kill the evil ghost is because GR needs to confront him. He did saw him before but since now he knows he was the king, he needs to confront him and be a part of this whole killing thing. ugh i really hope the bromance won't be damaged for so long...

• Like 23