Libera

I would like to know if these haters even watched wfkbj because if they did, ratings would have been better.  Haters gonna hate, lsk will laugh her way to the bank if she accepts this. Haters' hatred will not make them any richer.  I wouldn't worry much about these haters.  More likely than not, a good number may be from one of jcw's ships plus self shippers.  It's unfair to pass judgement prematurely when they don't really know lsk.

i hope part of jcw's condition to accepting the drama is sbs' full support in promotions. given this may be his last drama prior to enlistment, he definitely would like to leave on a high note so his comeback would be highly anticipated.  I've seen how an all out promotion can do an underdog drama good. Case in point - chief Kim. Who would've thought it would topple saimdang in the ratings game? 

I really hope both will accept the offer. I haven't watched any drama after wfkbj and if this pans out, i will have something to look forward to and be excited about. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

I would like to know if these haters even watched wfkbj because if they did, ratings would have been better.  Haters gonna hate, lsk will laugh her way to the bank if she accepts this. Haters' hatred will not make them any richer.  I wouldn't worry much about these haters.  More likely than not, a good number may be from one of jcw's ships plus self shippers.  It's unfair to pass judgement prematurely when they don't really know lsk.

i hope part of jcw's condition to accepting the drama is sbs' full support in promotions. given this may be his last drama prior to enlistment, he definitely would like to leave on a high note so his comeback would be highly anticipated.  I've seen how an all out promotion can do an underdog drama good. Case in point - chief Kim. Who would've thought it would topple saimdang in the ratings game? 

I really hope both will accept the offer. I haven't watched any drama after wfkbj and if this pans out, i will have something to look forward to and be excited about. 

If they look at international fans response to this news they wouldn't have any doubt about this pair, everyone is excited to see them working together, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter everyone is going crazy about this news so i really hope that they will accept. On Dramafever Facebook page there are more then 40k likes to their article, on Instagram almost 20k likes, and on Twitter there are so many excited fans, if they refuse this offer it will be such a big disappointment. Korean fans can only hate, i am pretty sure that they hate almost everybody except their bias, i mean they even sent hate to Yoo Ah In saying that he is faking cancer to avoid military, or to Kang Dong Won because his great grandfather was pro japanese, or Kim Yoo Jung for "inappropriate" behavior, ot Kim Go Eun that had to delete a picture on Instagram because she was too "ugly" for Knetz, and it's everyday some crazy attack to almost everybody. So i hope that they don't even bother reading this kind of people but can feel how much Lee Sung Kyung is loved Internationally.

I'm laughing at the numerous times that I've watched Lee Sung Kyung's appearance in King of Masked Singer that I just knew something today... Leeteuk's ideal type is Lee Sung Kyung! Hahaha srsly I was actually amazed by Leeteuk's reaction when he saw it was Lee Sung Kyung behind the mask, now I know why.

-------

“King of Mask Singer” Contestant Blue Crab Is Leeteuk’s Ideal Type, Picks Leeteuk as “We Got Married” Partner 

king of mask singer leeteuk ideal type
King of Mask Singer” has, more than any other show, become a discovery platform for not only idols with singing talent — talent that inadvertently fails to shine through many idol group songs — but also actors and actresses. The recent August 16 broadcast of the show was no different, revealing an up-and-coming model-actress, who sang under the name “Blue Crab Holding Flowers” (a play on the word for blue crab and flowers), to have impressive singing talent, enough for the judges to say amongst themselves during a performance that they are pretty sure the performer is a singer, though they had no idea who she might be.

When the singer was later revealed to be model and actress Lee Sung Kyung, who fans may have seen in “Queen’s Flower” or “It’s Okay, It’s Love,” the crowd and the panel — who was guessing entirely in the direction of female idols — goes wild and jaws drop. 

Even more of a treat is when host Kim Sung Joo asks Super Junior Leeteuk, who is on the panel, “Did you or did you not say during a team dinner that your ideal type is Lee Sung Kyung?”

leeteuk king of mask singer ideal type

Leeteuk, whose ears turn a bright red, says, “Yes, I believe so.” 

Lee Sung Kyung, when asked, responds with a big smile, “Of course, it’s an honor.”

When Kim Sung Joo then asks Lee Sung Kyung to choose between Leeteuk and B1A4 Sandeul for a “We Got Married” partner, she picks Leeteuk.

Regarding how she came to appear on the show, she says, “Because I’m always singing, people around me asked if I shouldn’t go on ‘King of Mask Singer,’ and because it’s something that I really enjoy, I thought I could just have fun with it.”

king of mask singer lee sung kyung

----

It's been almost 2 years ago since this happened but I wonder if Leeteuk still feels the same. Hahaha

He even posted a selfie of him in his IG with LSK in the background after her performance ❤

(that's the only photo of him having a contestant in King of Masked Singer in the background, sadly it's too blurry but look at Leeteuk's smile, must be too happy and flattered)

And during LSK's appearance on Radio Star last year, Kim Gura (a co-panel of Leeteuk in KOMS and a host in Radio Star) once again brought out the issue how Leeteuk likes Lee Sung Kyung so much. 

(and remember that LSK had a duet with Kyuhyun that time in Radiostar, I wonder how Leeteuk reacted then! Kkkk)

On 2/28/2017 at 9:04 PM, Libera said:

Wow, she is really popular in the Philippines, i wish she would be recognized also by Knetz. She really needs a good project to become one Hallyu star, now i think is more difficult consideiring that China banned Korean dramas/movies and it was the biggest market for Korean celebrities.

I can only hope that if she choose to do Be Careful of this Woman they will pair her with a good actor and it will have a decent writing and directing, even if it won't become a hit i just hope that her acting skills will be recognized so even the hateful Knet can start to open to her and if she gains more love in Korea she can have bigger and better projects that can become big hits and make her one Hallyu star.

Ahhhh... Nice to see more Filipinos liking LSK as I do... <3 Her charm is irresistible, but more than that...she's multi-talented. I think this is the first time that I came across someone like her...She can ACT, SING, DANCE, PLAY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. and a MODEL too...whoa! Daebak! I so love her voice so I'm really excited (and I just can't hide it) to watch the korean version of TROLLS... (I just watched the original version last night) and it made me more excited... <3

Hoping to get to know more of LSK and meet her fans too... special mention to all the Filipinos out there. Annyeong ! :)

52 thousand likes and counting in Dramafever. Woah, this is actually a pretty huge amount of likes from international fans. I have searched for the latest casting announcement like BOTWG, TRMY and even WYWS but it only had 20k likes and this LSK and JCW casting offers already reached 52k likes. Maybe its safe to say that not only JCW but LSK also gained a fair amount of fans internationally because of WLF - I hope YG will take advantage of this.

I also hope that SBS casting production and JCW team will also check international response regarding this news (hope we matter even if we cannot contribute to the ratings), this is warmly received by international audience if you will check dramafever facebook, soompi, dramabeans.

Also, if you can visit Onehallyu, there is a poll that is currently 60-40 lol, with discussions of JCW's past loveteams, and shows. But whatever happens, I wish LSK the best for this opportunity. Cross fingers until confirmation happens.

I would have preferred if they gave the news after they confirmed, this waiting is killing me. I hope that we don't have to wait another month to know what they decide, hope we will know for sure for the next week at least, if they really will accept, this pair will be huge internationally, hopefully also the drama will be good.

1 hour ago, Libera said:

I would have preferred if they gave the news after they confirmed, this waiting is killing me. I hope that we don't have to wait another month to know what they decide, hope we will know for sure for the next week at least, if they really will accept, this pair will be huge internationally, hopefully also the drama will be good.

@Libera probably it will not be a long wait. may is just around the corner. Hopefully we would hear a positive outcome next week. 

@jughead2000 add to your list the pace at which lsk gained IG followers. Before wfkbj broadcasted, lsk has less than 3.4 followers (just guessing here) and was not among the top 30. 

Right after wfkbj, she must have gained at least 1m followers and made it to the top 30

she currently has 5.3m followers and still counting. She ranks #8 among Korean female celebrities with the most followers and if the rate of gaining followers at 100k a week is maintained, she will soon be in #7 in 2 weeks. also note that she beats the #1 most followed female celeb with the number of likes to her recent posts. Her highest being in the 800k.  Other celebs may have more followers but lsk has far more likes. This may be an indicator that her fanbase is more engaged. as we don't have data on sales of products she endorses, we can't tell if she is an effective spokesperson but I get the feeling that laneige may have made more sales.  Moreover, the fact that she has signed up for new endorsements is a good indicator. 

quite an amazing accomplishment in such a short time. That's our biblee!

It's being anticipated by a lot of fans honestly. The amount of support from the international fans is overwhelming. Without confirmation from both sides, someone already made a facebook page for the drama 5 hours ago and already gained 1.5k+ likes as of now. Ji Chang Wook's just back from his fanmeet and maybe he'll start wrapping up his decisions. I want to believe Lee Sung Kyung is already up for it but just waiting for other characters to be filled. Hoping for great news tomorrow!!! 

My friend who has been a fan of Korean entertainment mentioned that sometimes, the announcement of offers will serve as the "testing the waters" time wherein they can gauge if they will accept or not or push through or replace the offers, this I'm not sure. That makes me worried because we know that Naver (which is no.1 site for Knetz) is hating LSK to be the lead so I'm crossing my fingers for her.

Last time Moon Chae Woon was offered BOTWG but she refused after 3 weeks lol.Also has someone been offered the lead female For When You Were Sleeping before Suzy? 

RT @teappani: His voice when reading the letter omg
He said there's still some time before he enlists & he'll do a korean drama before then
#jichangwook https://t.co/sS1DL2OwBw

It's quite sure for JCW that he will have one more drama before enlistment, hopefully he will accept this. Otherwise, if he rejects, let's not be discouraged as there are things called blessing in disguise, all the best for LSK, it its meant to be its meant to be. 

Happy Monday!

Morning....still no news. I' ve promised myself last two days not to post anything in this thread until sung kyung confirms her drama. But here I am again...cannot stop the temptation to write some thing about her. I read an insta owner dare to say jcw actually confirmed himself in bcotw , only lsk is still in considering the drama. This thing make me nervous. How about she is the one who does not want to confirm herself in this drama? Time is running out. Why must she take such a loong time to commit herself?  Is she still in swiss? 

Jughead2000.....sung kyung and her lolipop are inseparable lol.

2 hours ago, sima158 said:

Morning....still no news. I' ve promised myself last two days not to post anything in this thread until sung kyung confirms her drama. But here I am again...cannot stop the temptation to write some thing about her. I read an insta owner dare to say jcw actually confirmed himself in bcotw , only lsk is still in considering the drama. This thing make me nervous. How about she is the one who does not want to confirm herself in this drama? Time is running out. Why must she take such a loong time to commit herself?  Is she still in swiss? 

Jughead2000.....sung kyung and her lolipop are inseparable lol.

Haha her aura when she was younger was far different from what she is at the moment, she is now maturing. haha. No lollipop but still bubbly and carefree.

If we will not hear any new names for the female lead, I have a feeling that LSK has already accepted the offer but just waiting for the other roles to be confirmed especially his leading man. Like NJH, he has accepted BOTWG long before but has not confirmed until the casting has been completed. 

Let's be busy while waiting. 

Spoiler

It seems like Knetz are really harsh, I have found this as an example as they are also a lot of negative comments regarding Suzy's casting in WYWS. They are only positive towards the boys, lol. So hoping that LSK gets the role regardless of these idiots! 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/lee-jong-suk-and-suzy-cast-in-new-drama.html

Unfortunately, that's how most of koreans especially knetz do. They tend to hate a lot on korean actresses specifically when the actress is being paired with their "oppa" or biases. Idk what's so wrong with this crab mentality of them. Only few korean actresses doesn't get so much hate everytime they receive new projects. It's so sad but it's the reality and I guess kactresses already got used to these situations. 

*sigh* another day passed and no news about the upcoming drama, the suspense and wait is killing me. :( 

Knetz are lunatics, just two months ago they praised Lee Sung Kyung acting in WFKBJ, and now they changed their mind again :lol:

[+3,275, -79] Lee Sung Kyung's acting was really good..

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.it/2017/01/spoilers-weightlifting-fairy-kim-bok.html

I remember also in IOIL her acting was praised alot, and also in Doctors i read positive comments from Knetz, if there wasn't CITT now she would already be one trusted actress in Korea.

Lee Sung Kyung gift to her friend Park Hoo Ji :D

Next week we might finally be able to see Lee Sung Kyung again, she will shoot Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo commentary and there will probably be fans too.

Smeg fridge is such a generous present. Kang ye won and park hoo ji better do a good job in styling Lee sung kyung. Since lsk has been a model for years I had been used to seeing awesome shots. The Paris one was one of my faves. Of course she must have probably worked with the best of the best in the industry. However, there were a few get ups that were meeh ... All courtesy of the dynamic duo kyw and phj and at times with halo Lee ... Case in point, the last photoshoot in Switzerland was supposed to give a retro vibe but I thought it was a missed opportunity. The retro feel did not come out and it is the job of the stylist and director to make it happen. I may speak too soon but I hope the actual photos in the magazine  would prove otherwise. We should have seen lsk in bright psychedelic colors with bouffant hairstyle and large sunglasses ala Jackie O, colored tights and Mary Janes.  Mianhe just venting after seeing those sample photos but I really hope I am wrong.  I have been critical of her stylists since lsk outfits lately are not at par with what I had been used to ... Sharp and edgy yet fun style ala sung kyung ... Just like this -

As for the bipolar knetz, I think they bash if it concerns their bias otherwise they could care less ... The sasaengs or self shippers can really be scary.  I have strong faith I jcw and lsk but I am also hoping that sbs puts together a strong team to support the lead actors. I hope they would reconsider the rookie pd.  If you have a strong actor like jcw, the pd should be capable of giving proper guidance. Jcw has the tendency to adlib if he thinks the script was not adequately written and maybe in this case if pd doesn't direct accordingly.  Hopefully we get good news this week. Production should start rolling soon. 

Archived