Libera

Hi, I’m a fan of Sung Kyung since Weightlifting Fairy and I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while. I never thought I would join a forum like this and I don’t know how much I will participate but I hope you won’t mind me putting my two cents in.

I was very sad to hear Sung Kyung won’t be in BCOTW, although honestly I was just excited about seeing her on my screen so it wasn’t necessary the drama itself I was looking forward to. However after calming down a bit I think it might not be such a horrible thing; yeah I want her on my screen soon, and if she was planning to accept the offer I feel bad for her, but actors drop dramas all the time whether it’s their choice or not, it’s part of the job. It really is the comments online that bothers me the most, but like others have said, many actors have to deal with negative comments and it doesn’t necessarily have to have too much of a negative impact on her career.

I want to thank you for the optimistic comments as they cheered me up. BCOTW might have been a good opportunity for Sung Kyung but you never know, it could have flopped or she might have gotten injured on set or something, so I think it’s good to stay positive. I know that as international fans we don’t have that much power to help her career but it’s not like we have no power at all. We can watch videos of her, buy her endorsed products, post about her online (without putting down other actors/fans of course) and just overall spread positive vibes. Hopefully we’ll soon hear of new projects for her.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome @ladyid

I hope that Lee Sung Kyung will have soon another chance even if now it seems a bad moment. Nowadays Knetz have lots of power, they can seriously affect a drama or a casting offer so if she will have another offer i hope they will reveal only after she accepted it. For now it seems more likely that she will have a supporting role next but i still hope she will have a lead role soon. I hope she can have a lead role by the end of the year when all this mess will be forgotten, hopefully a good drama.

I feel more sad and angry because this drama would have been her big opportunity, with this drama she would definetly make a breakthrough and the fact that she had this opportunity denied because of Knetz is really infuriating.

I hope for the best, i miss Lee Sung Kyung and i wish we can see her again soon. I hope she is okay and that this experience will make her stronger.

Chingus, I agree with all your thoughts on this brouhaha. Yg and sbs should have handled this in a more professional manner.  The least they could've done was release a formal announcement of lsk turning down the offer then offered the role to the other actress.   That's the right thing to do. We have yet to hear that from sbs but I guess not.  Decency is probably not in their vocabulary. The timing of jcw acceptance was kinda off too. He immediately accepted after the offer was made to Hjm. If hjm wants to exhaust herself juggling her time between filming her movie and drama, then she will accept. There are still lose ends than need to be resolved and with the drama scheduled to start in May, you would expect a hectic schedule.  Karma has its way.  They might end up casting an idol if hjm declines. Haha ... 

i also noticed that yg has been laid back with lsk's career. They should work with a publicist to build her image.  lsk got recognized for wfkbj, they should be more aggressive in her promotions as an actress. She can be an asset to yg but I don't think they are doing a good job. They should be more proactive than reactive and not just wait for offers to land on their lap. Sorry being a stage mom here. I just want the best for our dear lsk. 

I hope something better comes her way. She has a lot of talent and it's sad to see it wasted. Could be a blessing she 'declined'. A rookie PD would be a risk. Writer may have one hit drama but other dramas did not fare well.  I thought her pairing with jcw would be Daebak but I just can't think positively of jcw at this point.  Writers and pd's who have seen her talent may want her in future projects.  And I hope that happens soon.  

16 minutes ago, cmoirae2 said:

Chingus, I agree with all your thoughts on this brouhaha. Yg and sbs should have handled this in a more professional manner.  The least they could've done was release a formal announcement of lsk turning down the offer then offered the role to the other actress.   That's the right thing to do. We have yet to hear that from sbs but I guess not.  Decency is probably not in their vocabulary. The timing of jcw acceptance was kinda off too. He immediately accepted after the offer was made to Hjm. If hjm wants to exhaust herself juggling her time between filming her movie and drama, then she will accept. There are still lose ends than need to be resolved and with the drama scheduled to start in May, you would expect a hectic schedule.  Karma has its way.  They might end up casting an idol if hjm declines. Haha ... 

i also noticed that yg has been laid back with lsk's career. They should work with a publicist to build her image.  lsk got recognized for wfkbj, they should be more aggressive in her promotions as an actress. She can be an asset to yg but I don't think they are doing a good job. They should be more proactive than reactive and not just wait for offers to land on their lap. Sorry being a stage mom here. I just want the best for our dear lsk. 

I hope something better comes her way. She has a lot of talent and it's sad to see it wasted. Could be a blessing she 'declined'. A rookie PD would be a risk. Writer may have one hit drama but other dramas did not fare well.  I thought her pairing with jcw would be Daebak but I just can't think positively of jcw at this point.  Writers and pd's who have seen her talent may want her in future projects.  And I hope that happens soon.  

That's exactly how i feel but you expressed it much better than me :lol: So i am not the only one that think that YG is doing a terrible job with LSK, after WFKBJ success they should have promoted her like crazy but nothing, not even one event for her and then this mess with BCOTW, SBS has really been mean to LSK, it's also JCW team fault, they obviously asked SBS to change actress after the hateful comments on Naver. YG and SBS didn't even bother to announce that LSK declined the offer. I hope they at least have a back up plan for her and that drama wasn't the only thing they were looking for, i hope that now they will actively find a new drama for her and not just wait like they did till now.

YG or lsk should step forward clarify something about her refusal to be in bcotw. This to avoid people speculating something happened behind the closed door. The news said  lsk who was the one who declined the offer...so I wonder which negotiation that fall apart which led her refusal...something about the pay or who will have the most screen time or anything else. I think lsk was to brazen to reject this offer since this drama will be just her second lead female after wlfkbj. It is rare to see any new lead female in korean drama took a drastic action like that . I think Kim ji won too reject her offer for love in the moonlight but thankfully...we have kim yoo jun after that. Honestly...I think  something have triggered lsk to take such option becoz in the first place , she was the most potential candidate for the role like sbs said in the article and she took such a long time to reject the offer. I hope her situation like moon chae won ....reject the offer for the bride of water god just to have a next brilliant character  in a drama with lee jun ki. Forgot the title of the drama but it adaptation of criminal minds. So it is worth it. 

I don't think her refusal can led her having trouble in korean drama world after this. Like someone said before...it always happen for actors whether to take or reject the offer.  But one thing I feel sad from lsk case .....I think she just let go one big oppurtunity that can let her shine more in acting. She has said before in her interview ,  she think every oppurtunity that come to her is a responsibility. She will try her best to fullfill the responsibility. So where are those words now...

Well....just like all of you, I wish her the best. Thinking she is just two months away from her last drama project...it is quite fast for her  to take another lead role. Even park shin hye still in the process selecting another drama after finishing doctor crush in august 2016. So I feel gratefull lsk is still on demand after her kim bok joo role. Kim bok joo will always be her household name like kim samsoon, gilraim, kim nana, geum jandi and several others. These character name will last forever in audience mind.

Libera....talking about her to change agency.....I ' m open to that idea now.  YG has a lot of actors and actresses in its wing now...I 'm feeling the management doesn't has much time anymore to take care for every person. I think she joined YG in 2014 right? How many years left  in the contract to leave the company?

1 hour ago, sima158 said:

YG or lsk should step forward clarify something about her refusal to be in bcotw. This to avoid people speculating something happened behind the closed door. The news said  lsk who was the one who declined the offer...so I wonder which negotiation that fall apart which led her refusal...something about the pay or who will have the most screen time or anything else. I think lsk was to brazen to reject this offer since this drama will be just her second lead female after wlfkbj. It is rare to see any new lead female in korean drama took a drastic action like that . I think Kim ji won too reject her offer for love in the moonlight but thankfully...we have kim yoo jun after that. Honestly...I think  something have triggered lsk to take such option becoz in the first place , she was the most potential candidate for the role like sbs said in the article and she took such a long time to reject the offer. I hope her situation like moon chae won ....reject the offer for the bride of water god just to have a next brilliant character  in a drama with lee jun ki. Forgot the title of the drama but it adaptation of criminal minds. So it is worth it. 

I don't think her refusal can led her having trouble in korean drama world after this. Like someone said before...it always happen for actors whether to take or reject the offer.  But one thing I feel sad from lsk case .....I think she just let go one big oppurtunity that can let her shine more in acting. She has said before in her interview ,  she think every oppurtunity that come to her is a responsibility. She will try her best to fullfill the responsibility. So where are those words now...

Well....just like all of you, I wish her the best. Thinking she is just two months away from her last drama project...it is quite fast for her  to take another lead role. Even park shin hye still in the process selecting another drama after finishing doctor crush in august 2016. So I feel gratefull lsk is still on demand after her kim bok joo role. Kim bok joo will always be her household name like kim samsoon, gilraim, kim nana, geum jandi and several others. These character name will last forever in audience mind.

Libera....talking about her to change agency.....I ' m open to that idea now.  YG has a lot of actors and actresses in its wing now...I 'm feeling the management doesn't has much time anymore to take care for every person. I think she joined YG in 2014 right? How many years left  in the contract to leave the company?

I highly doubt that Lee Sung Kyung declined the offer, these things are much more complicated than that, i doubt that she even had a saying in this decision at all, it's SBS that dropped her, probably by JCW team request, in fact as soon as JCW accepted so they dropped Lee Sung Kyung, i mean they didn't even drop her they offered the lead to another actress without even releasing a statement, in an article they even written that Lee Sung Kyung was misplaced so it's obvious not her choice.

This was her best opportunity to rise to be an A-lister now let's wait and see if another opportunity comes. I would like if she gets cast in Age of Youth 2, she would fit perfectly, they are looking for another actress now that Ryu Hwayoung won't be part of the show anymore. It isn't a big show but it had alot of critical acclaim, so much that they are doing a season 2.

I don't know how many years she has left with YG, probably another 2 years, but she needs a new management now, this is her moment if she loses it she probably won't have other chances. You are right YG has far too many actors and actresses and Lee Sung Kyung is last in their priority but i highly doubt she will leave them.

I think what bothers me is that she worked so hard for her role in WLFKBJ and yet her effort and strides to get into character isn't recognized by Knetizens thereby holding her back on future projects. YG may have not promoted her as much, but there's only so much a company can do if she doesn't get offers. LSK is the perfect example of how knetizens hugely affect one's acting career. SHAME ON THEM!!!

She had to purposely gain weight, which for a woman in her mid-20s can be harmful especially to a model. It's not like gaining weight in your teens or early 20's. It's harder to lose. The fact that she lost body fat quickly after the series ended was amazing, but you can tell that it's harder in the face. It's also caused her to look older, something that is very hard to reverse in the face. (I'll admit I was quite sad to see the previous posts about her needing to lose more weight.) She said it herself that she became depressed too. Her skin got worst. For her to sacrifice herself physically and mentally in the name of acting deserves a standing ovation. 

Either way she's still beautiful as she is now. She can still be an example to all girls on that you don't have to be anorexic skinny nor need to have that elongated peach shaped face (like every other Asian superstar) to be successful. You just have to be healthy and fit. I hope this event doesn't bring her down like it did her fans. She's not 30 yet and 2017 just started so there's still time for other opportunities. Remember, she did 3 dramas in 2016. That's a lot. I'd rather her have 1 to 2 good dramas in a year, even if it means not till the last quarter of 2017. Quality over quantity. We just have to be patient guys, don't let other recent incoming projects of other YG artists scare you. Have some hope!!!

6 hours ago, sima158 said:

why hasn't yg or sbs come out to make an official statement on lsk's turning down the offer.  you would think yg would be responsible to control any further damage to lsk's career but it seems they are running their company like a small convenience store vs a large corporation and just leave the mess.  those vicious netizens still haven't stopped and are still bashing lsk on sns.  they already got what they wanted, why still crucify lsk?  knets are rejoicing on the new team-up with hjm.  fine.  why not focus on that happy note ... are their lives so miserable that they derive satisfaction from putting other people down.  it still baffles me why lsk is hated in sk meanwhile she is a darling of the international fandom.  is it because she is beautiful, confident, talented, down-to-earth, well liked by her peers?  i don't mean to put hjm down but her acting is just okay, nothing spectacular that would make me shiver.  

As I don't want to be overly emotional about this fiasco, I had put together a timeline with my questions so it's  a more objective view on what transpired.  My sense of logic is challenged with the recent turn of events (like why would LSK decline a good opportunity?  that's the biggest question when there was no inkling she would be doing this).  Disappointment, anger, frustration ... idk what to think ... maybe LSK is unlucky and it just so happened that her drama is what JCW wanted (and was the only one available) before MS.  

Spoiler

Dec 20 – JCW offered Happiest Time of My Life pre-produced drama to start filming in March.  He was bent on doing this project from what i heard.  

Feb 16 – LSK offered BCOTW.  Happy about this development although I am having reservations with the writer's record (though she had one hit drama) and a rookie PD.  In addition, it will seem to be rushed because it was a last minute replacement for WYWS (LJS and Suzy) which may be moved to a later schedule or moved to Monday-Tuesday.  The quality of the script and production may be affected because it was a last minute decision by SBS to cook this up.

Mar 8 – No word on HTOML.  JCW offered BCOTW.  No rejection from LSK.  If she was not interested she would have declined the offer.  Since HTOML was stalled or was delayed, it is possible JCW reached out (unless SBS keeps tabs on him and seeked him out).  He had to get one more drama before MS and unfortunately it had to be LSK's drama.  All other dramas scheduled to air around this time may have their line-up finalized.  That's why as I was thinking of all potential male leads for LSK, I didn't even think of JCW since I knew he already had a drama albeit unconfirmed.  I welcomed this tandem ... more than excited of this collaboration being a fan of both JCW and LSK.

Mar 15 – HJM offered BCOTW.  No rejection from LSK.  It's confusing as it appears that the offer was extended to both actresses but in favor of HJM. 

Mar 15 – JCW accepts BCOTW offer immediately after an offer went out to HJM.  It seems his acceptance is pending upon meeting some conditions and coincidentally the confirmation happened immediately after the HJM offer.  Meaning, LSK is no longer in consideration.  Which makes you wonder why he didn't reject the offer prior to HJM offer?  Did he not want to work with LSK because of netizen's negative feedback (most likely) or he doesn't think she is that big of an actress as he is?  (I would like to remind JCW that he was also once newbie when he was offered Empress Ki.  He worked along side HJW.)  The impression I got was he didn't think LSK was going to help him meet his goal of having a hit drama before MS.  Then the right thing to do is he should have just bowed out just like what MCW did for BOTWG.  But he had to get this drama, this was going to be his drama before MS.  If he waits for the next batch it might be too late.  That's fine unfortunately LSK was the casualty in favor of JCW.  And sadly with no one to back her, not even YG.  This is what makes me really angry.  NJH was lucky with BOTWG.  He also got a lot of criticism and bashing but tVN ignored these and YG lobbied for him.  It was probably keeping MCW or NJH.  YG wins this round.  Meanwhile with LSK, i guess nothing was done or they lost to a small time management company GE whose only big talent is JCW.  tsk, tsk, tsk.

As of this writing, still no official announcement of LSK declining the offer.  My hope is that she is being considered for another drama.  Then everybody's happy ... we can move on and forget about this.  

Guest elizabeth90

errrm why should yg clarify lol, i understand you guys frustration but if yg does anything it will just make the whole situation worse than it is. you guys should relax loosing a role is not the end of the world i am pretty sure there are more offers for her on the table. also yg has been promoting lee sung kyung exceptionally well she has been on a lot of variety shows been featured with music artist also she was in citt and doctors which were widely known dramas, i think shes one of the young and promoted actors on yg entertainment and probably the most popular internationally. i cant recall any other yg actress that is doing so well in theirs 20s as her. the company is doing their best. there must be a reason why lee sung kyung loves them we need to have more faith in her. i am pretty positive we would here something great soon.

p.s i am new to this thread but i love lee sung kyung and i believe shes gonna make knetz eat their words soon.

31 minutes ago, elizabeth90 said:

errrm why should yg clarify lol, i understand you guys frustration but if yg does anything it will just make the whole situation worse than it is. you guys should relax loosing a role is not the end of the world i am pretty sure there are more offers for her on the table. also yg has been promoting lee sung kyung exceptionally well she has been on a lot of variety shows been featured with music artist also she was in citt and doctors which were widely known dramas, i think shes one of the young and promoted actors on yg entertainment and probably the most popular internationally. i cant recall any other yg actress that is doing so well in theirs 20s as her. the company is doing their best. there must be a reason why lee sung kyung loves them we need to have more faith in her. i am pretty positive we would here something great soon.

p.s i am new to this thread but i love lee sung kyung and i believe shes gonna make knetz eat their words soon.

Hi elizabeth90

Spoiler

Surprised to see you here . Me too a fan of the actress in your avatar. Seems we have a same taste in liking yg actress.lol

For me ...it is just like the last resort to have YG itself step forward clarifying and defending its actress from bashing, same goes to ghs...everytime she's being bashed, I hope yg can be more vocal in shielding her. And I admit lsk is more being favourite actress for yg among her peers in that label. But I aknowledged too that yg is giving double standard for the actress. The male actors come first. What to do...we are still living in a male dominator world  in this cyber years.

Cmoirae2

Your choronology of event  does make sense. I still hope there was no dirty play from jcw side becoz I am a fan of him. For sure it has a conflict of interest issue in bcotw since he is bigger star than lsk. But I never expect they would dismiss her like that. By the way.....let bygones be bygones. Bcotw is not the last drama and jcw is not the last leading male for lsk. Hope we can hear something good after this  rollercoaster kind of thing.

Agencies role is to support, promote, protect and find good offers for their artists, YG is failing in everything right now.

My worry about Lee Sung Kyung having trouble finding new lead role offers is because of Knetz. How much power do Knetz have? Apparently A LOT. Considering that they hate Lee Sung Kyung guts how much will it impact Lee Sung Kyung rising career? Probably a lot. The big problem is not that she has haters, because everybody has haters in Korea, the problem is that she has no fans and many haters. I scrolled 20-30 comments on Naver and there was not one that supported her or tried to defend her, not even one, i think this is the worst thing and the thing that hurts the most. Even now that she "declined" the offer they are still bashing her. I saw Knetz hate many times for the stupidest reasons but never so much and for no reason at all, she is a pretty decent actress, better than some A-lister honestly. They also hate Lee Sung Kyung because she is from YG and it's like a sin. 

I hope that there are still productions and directors that look for talent and don't care about Knetz hate and will still give her a chance but i also wonder how Lee Sung Kyung is feeling after this. I think she is feeling pretty hurt and probably depressed, she is maybe even thinking of giving up acting after all the sacrifices and hard work she will always be bashed from Knetz so what's the point in working so hard if nobody appreciates her, i just wish she could feel how much loved she is internationally.

This is a quote from an interview 1 year ago while she was struggling alot, i hope she doesn't feel hurt right now but more motivated to crush Knetz.

And here you are. You’ve been acting for three years. How does it feel, to be an actress?

There’s a bit of inconsistency. When I’m going through hardships, I’m okay even when it’s a difficult situation. However, it’s hard when I get hurt and get weaker. I’m very scared and I feel like I’m a weak link in this society. Still, I often say to myself “ah, I’m an actress who can have a positive influence on a lot of people. I must be thankful and be generous.”

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/june-2016-grazia-lee-sung-kyung-interview/

I read an Instagram post on Lee Sung Kyung Instagram posted about 1 year ago, i don't know if she wrote it or if it's a quote but i think it fits this moment, the english translation is probably not all accurate.

"Is not it easy to live with a good idea? But I try, but I try. Even if you can not, even if you wiggle around. It's okay. It's okay though. I'll tell you it's okay. I'll think about it.

This is a good idea, too. I'm not mistaken. I will not regret it. Do not be afraid. I'm doing great. Well, even if it hurts, I did well. Fine. It may be. Let us all be healthy."

Don' t worry libera, our sung kyung is a fighter. She is someone with big heart, strong will power, full with positive energies ,  caring and lots of loves. For sure she has the weekest time in her life but she will rise again . All her fans know about her strong and tough personality . If I know she is a weak  and fragile person...I will not be her fan. I'm sure right now she is with all her model friends in yg . That is what friends are for.

Guest elizabeth90

@Libera i'm sorry but  lee sung kyung has been in citt, doctors, and weight lifting fairy which are good offers, lee sung kyung is a part of leniege cf one of the top brand in korea also did cf for addidas, she has been on running man, radio stars, mask singer, she was the host for an award show and multiple of other stuff . she has starred in music videos with top singers and collaborated with them. she has a movie and also voiced an animation movie with park hyung shik.. i don't even think there is any other actress in yg that has had this much coverage i cant even think of one. she is promoted alot! can yg do more for her yes he can! but please dont ignore all the promos she has been getting. i think she is promoted alot we are just too eager to get her at tho top spot quickly that we are forgetting everything else.

the only thing i cant rebutt about yg is that they suck at scandals. they don't know how to handle richard simmons thus they never say anything. we all know what will happen if yg speaks up or try to shut knetz look at what happened with kang dong won when yg attempted to handle his scandals. if yg were to release a statement about lsk it will most definetly blow up and became an embarrassing situation for lsk..

my question is what exactly do you guys want yg to say? what happened has happened she is not the first actress to go through this and she wont be the last.. lets just wait and see what her next move would be. i hope for next time and for everyone sake she already signs and is cofirmed on for her next drama before announcing it so we wont have to go through this mess again. #fightingeveryone.

22 minutes ago, elizabeth90 said:

@Libera i'm sorry but  lee sung kyung has been in citt, doctors, and weight lifting fairy which are good offers, lee sung kyung is a part of leniege cf one of the top brand in korea also did cf for addidas, she has been on running man, radio stars, mask singer, she was the host for an award show and multiple of other stuff . she has starred in music videos with top singers and collaborated with them. she has a movie and also voiced an animation movie with park hyung shik.. i don't even think there is any other actress in yg that has had this much coverage i cant even think of one. she is promoted alot! can yg do more for her yes he can! but please dont ignore all the promos she has been getting. i think she is promoted alot we are just too eager to get her at tho top spot quickly that we are forgetting everything else.

the only thing i cant rebutt about yg is that they suck at scandals. they don't know how to handle richard simmons thus they never say anything. we all know what will happen if yg speaks up or try to shut knetz look at what happened with kang dong won when yg attempted to handle his scandals. if yg were to release a statement about lsk it will most definetly blow up and became an embarrassing situation for lsk..

my question is what exactly do you guys want yg to say? what happened has happened she is not the first actress to go through this and she wont be the last.. lets just wait and see what her next move would be. i hope for next time and for everyone sake she already signs and is cofirmed on for her next drama before announcing it so we wont have to go through this mess again. #fightingeveryone.

i don't think you are getting the point errmm dear ... the point I think @sima158 and @Libera are trying to make is and this is not only directed at YG but SBS as well is there was no formal announcement of lsk declining the drama (keep me honest on this chinggus).  this is not something done out of the ordinary and this is the typical practice, and most importantly the right thing to do.  it's like adding insult to injury.  we can't help it if knetz don't agree with casting blah, blah bs.  it is what is it.  the announcement of offering the role to another actress without mentioning anything about lsk declining just opens the door to speculations which may not be good for lsk.  without that closure, the recent incident is just open to anyone's interpretation.  if you check IG, some were confused and even think she is still in the running  and some bloggers and people in SNS make assumptions that she declined (just because the role was offered to another actress) which we are not sure is a fact - this is worse because there is no basis for this claim and is tantamount to misinformation.  hearing this information directly from yg and/or sbs makes a big difference.  it's clearly black and white, no gray areas.  i have been searching for any press release in regard to this matter but sadly, can't find any.  if you find this information from a reputable source and not from bloggers or IBTimes, do share.  then end of story.  

can we just move on?  this topic is becoming stale and just brings negativity to this thread.  however if you still insist and if you still don't get our point, perhaps i should write a dissertation on this topic and discuss offline out of consideration for other soompiers who may not appreciate dwelling on this subject. 

3 hours ago, elizabeth90 said:

She had supporting roles in some popular drama but she also got alot of hate because she played the antagonist and then she finally got a lead role in WFKBJ not because YG but because the director insisted, in fact YG was against it, and even if it went well internationally it was a flop in Korea where she really needs to make a hit and change the negative opnion of Knetz.

But i am not talking about what YG did in the past, i am talking about what YG is doing now. Now Lee Sung Kyung is a big rising star internationally and now it's the time to promote her to keep the hype and to not let her be forgotten soon. Now it's the time were she can become an estabilished actress and Hallyu star. They proved with other stars that they are capable to keep the momentum of their rising stars but they are not doing it with her.

She is not super young either and when she reach 30 years old it will be difficult to estabilish herself as an A-lister when there are so many rising super young actresses. I am not saying that she won't act ever again, i am just saying that she has all the potential to become a big Hallyu star but they are wasting her chance. We as fans want the best for her and it would be sad to see her taking step backwards now and just be one of the many actresses that are usually stuck in supporting roles while she could easily be an Hallyu star.

About BCOTW, now they can't do anything or they will make things even worse like you said. They should have just announced that she refused the offer before she was dropped by SBS and was replaced by another actress, that is quite embarassing and disrespectful. And also what @cmoirae2 said, we just suppose that she declined the offer but there was no official announcement, just an article on naver that was quite mean towards Lee Sung Kyung where it was written that she was misplaced but i still don't understand if it was just the writer opinion or if SBS said it.

But let's not think about this anymore, now we can't do anything about it we can only wait and hope in another opportunity.

Some old pictures of Lee Sung Kyung

2016032400569_0.jpg

6da7015d77c63cdb06f32f9febcfa9b7.jpg

201602152004774831_56c1b133c419f.jpg

e958e86eca85b51bce82bb1ae1838619.jpg

Spoiler

82350_100253_4741.jpg

This is after one of my favorite acting scene of her, she was still affected after she filmed it.

oJvQB7a.jpg

1240915-01.jpg

Where it all started

PP9.JPG?type=w1

I feel so empty not getting any updates about LSK :( I still feel betrayed by SBS and YG for not releasing any official statements about her not accepting/getting the role, such rude move! Hope wherever she is right now she's doing well and happy. I've always wanted the best for her. Why can't other people see her worth? Why is she very underrated specifically in Korea :( I hope that what happened will open more doors for her and it'll be for the better. 

Tomorrow we will finally see her again in the Japanese interview, it's been so long.

Next week we should be able to see her Grazia photoshoot and interview and i think also the next week she will do the commentary and interview for WFKBJ dvd, i hope there will be some picture and that Lee Sung Kyung will share a picture on her Instagram, hopefully we will be able to see the dvd content for April. *finger crossed*

Hello ladies ;I don't know whether it is rude or honest move of me to say that I am not really a fan of WFKBJ ,maybe coz I am no longer fond of teenage dramas ,I am more into mature ones .I am becoming old :Dbut what Keep me watching was this pretty talented actress and I googled her and I found that her name is Lee Sung kyung.

She is brilliant and talented and a way different from many A list actresses who seldom move a muscle in their faces and I am sure she 'll be more popular soon ,she has what it takes to be A list actress . .You can see I am one of Wookie's hardcore fan and hopefully someday they paired together .LSK is one of actress who is on my wish list  to be coupled with Lee Dong Wook .

NB ;WFKBJ  has its inspired and motivated sides which I liked the most in this drama 

Thank you and see you 

@MaysoonD

I kind of see where you are coming from. I'm not a big fan of teen dramas anymore either but for me, WLFKBJ will always be a gem because it portrayed an honest look at young love. It gave me the chance to reminisce about my own youth. 

As for LSK, I'd like to see her in more mature roles in the future closer to her actual age. That's why I wanted her to get the lead in BWOTW. But oh well, we don't always get what we want as fans. Better luck next time for her.

Anyways, I recently watched Train to Busan & became  interested in actress Jung Yu Mi. It's interesting how her profile states that she's not really known for dramas & is in very few despite her age, but has played some memorable and quirky roles. She's not a top Korean movie celebrity either, but she is considered one of the most sought out for indie and art films called auteurial films because she has "the ability to portray the lives of ordinary people in ways that are not ordinary..."

That got me thinking of another alternative route that LSK could take. Art films and independent films. It might not make her a hallyu star stat, but it can at least help continue her acting career and seems less stressful in keeping up an image to the k-drama public. Not that I'm saying she should give up on k-drama of course. It's just that I've shifted my expectations as a fan for her, instead of crying a river that she isn't a hallyu star ASAP like song the kyo, I think I'm much happier that she chooses small less known memorable projects that will help develop further her own sense of style in acting, but most importantly make her happy.

But I guess we'll have to very patiently and anxiously wait and see what's up next in store for LSK because we all know she has the (cough) "best" management team (cough). :blink:

Welcome @MaysoonD Lee Sung Kyung and Lee Dong Wook? Yes, please somebody make it happen. He is one of the actor i wish Lee Sung Kyung to work with.

Considering that there are no news in sight i rewatched all her old videos, I feel like a drug addict in need of a dose :lol: 

Some random old videos

Archived