[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2017 at 2:03 AM, bebebisous33 said:

So maybe the true purpose of the demi-gods is that they are the one who should take care of the humans. Since they are half-humans, they are close enough to understand humans and as half-god, they can understand the reasoning of the gods, know their rules aso. Notice that Hoo Ye has been raised that way. He should take care of humans. Moreover, the High priest mentioned that a demi-god can be good or evil. And Hoo Ye fits this description: hidden in the cavern, he was abused and abandoned to himself which could turn him into a resentful person who had problems to control his destructive energy. So maybe that's the reason why something bad happened 1200 years ago. Notice that the gods try to blame the humans or the demi-god, nonetheless they never judge their action as the cause of all the troubles. However, once Hoo Ye was sent to the human world, the latter was treated differently and became such an altruistic person which proves that the comment from the high priest was correct. A demi-god shouldn't be feared, his power is not evil just because it comes from the fire. As conclusion, I have the impression that the fated love between So Ah and Ha Baek plays a huge role for that matter: once the love between a human and a god is accepted, the existence of a demi-god is tolerated too. The demi-gods have a role to play, they don't represent just a thread but build a balance between the two worlds.

I'm loving everything your writing :heart:  

@lclarakl I feel bad for HY too, he is not evil. I'm getting very over BR trying to incite HY into becoming violent. I've read (in bits and pieces on this thread. It's just too hard for me to keep upconfused-onion-head-emoticon.gif) that BR is just testing his powers but it just seems too personal on BR's part that this is the only reason for his behavior.  HY has tried to do good since he has been living here. 

10 minutes ago, shynaz said:

I am sorry if my opinion make me feel you sad.I just hope for next episode we will know backgroud HB than others and please we want to see Habaek show power to SA especially romantic scene.

I excited to wait HY for next episode because he is mystery character..Sometimes he feel sorry and everything and the same time he show wink villain face..LoL...

noo not sad, if i can insert an emoji, i would put the hug one, @shynaz.  i thought u want to give up on this drama wkwkwkwk, i misunderstood. Lets hope the pace of the drama is increased and every questions are answered. 

Yes HY is really complicated character, he's fallen for So Ah, being cornered for something that is not his fault at all by a group of Nature Gods that have power above him.  Unjusticely mistreated makes him want to be with So Ah more then ever. But he himself is gifted with the power to destroy things and not to mend things... his heart is conflicting with the thought whether he is well enough for So Ah, whether he can give harm to her or not... oh poor HY, really hope that he can live his life peacefully 

On 8/4/2017 at 10:47 AM, SeGafanlady said:

on the top of that all... the possibility of Hoo Yee will be the one who console her after he left... will be the one who stay beside her and eventually will have her wrapped in his embrace... I think the image itself is killing Habaek softly.. when every one want and push him to go back soon.. the new found reason why such happiness and joy from only looking at Soo Ah.. listen to her murmuring and babbling.. arguing.. teasing her and kiss her pink lips that feels like the inner of the rose.. exist. I don't know how will he ever leave though... the feelingfor her is getting stronger by day and it reigns  his everything...

every day he spent with her.. every moment is meaningful and beautiful.. and she is so beautiful too..

just like the song... 'nothing's better than beautiful day.... nothing's better than beautiful you' 

The thought of this is killing me softly too. I have to believe that the scene in the beginning of the drama where she jumps off the bridge is SA sacrificing herself for HB.It must mean. HB is going to have to save her so she can be w/him in the WaterCountry. I just will not accept any thing else. SA and HB belong together.     

@nevill I think that SA is going to be the reincarnation of NB. If so I have mixed feelings about it, I would like to think of SA as being just herself and NB since she is a part of the past.

35 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I would like to think of SA as being just herself and NB since she is a part of the past.

i also would prefer her to be just herself, especially since NB from what i read here have a somewhat strained relationship with the water realm gods.  

On 8/4/2017 at 11:28 AM, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

We haven't seen a god from human world return to the god realm so we don't know.But I'm guessing that they will change back to ancient style once in god realm.

BTW,since you mentioned change of styles and different realms,I had this weird idea that if So Ah came to the god realm, will she look like the girl on her cup that Habaek gave to her?The girl had long reddish pink hair...I wonder if that is what she looks like if she went to Habaek's world.What do you guys think she will look like if she went to his world?

Pretty interesting thought!  Looking forward to seeing what the drama will show us.

23 hours ago, nevill said:

heheh me too, about the cheeks

i dont know why but for some reason i feel like we will have a surprise ending in the 'realm' with the outfits and everything (did i ruin the surprise?) 

Haha, I wouldn't be upset about that~  I'm all for that kind of surprise!  :D  I will still be surprised.  XD

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

@lclarakl I feel bad for HY too, he is not evil. I'm getting very over BR trying to incite HY into becoming violent. I've read (in bits and pieces on this thread. It's just too hard for me to keep upconfused-onion-head-emoticon.gif) that BR is just testing his powers but it just seems too personal on BR's part that this is the only reason for his behavior.  HY has tried to do good since he has been living here. 

@evie7, I could agree more on all counts. Yes, this thread moves and I'm behind sadly. However, I think this weekend I'm going to go back and rewatch these episodes. There are several things that are not clear to me:

1) I know BR and MR stole the stones, but in the beginning I thought they were/are plotting something else against Habeak for their own benefit. I've missed something.

2) We had SoAh who could hear plants and insects talking to her; she thought she was going crazy. Suddenly, those voices stops? I've missed something.

3) It appears that HY is really powerful, maybe more powerful that Habeak? Or is it he's more powerful than BR and if he really let's go of his power, he could destroy him? The little girl that HY seems so attached and protective of, is she truly just a human child that he's become fond of or does her existence signify more? He says he's not capable of emotions, but it seems that little girl has a place in his heart.

4) The 'monk'--GL (a junior god) that now hangs around HY and tries to help him control his power, but acts very disrespectful towards Habeak, what are his motives? Or is he truly trying to help HY?

5) Then we have Ms. Clueless, Ja Ya. She sees HY killing a bed of flowers with the wave of his hand and decides to confront him for his 'magic trick'. Personally, even if it had been 'magic' he was using, I would have still kept my distance. The question for me is, what is her role? Will she be a mate for HY or will she be a mate for his secretary.  

There are so many things I want answers to, but I will rewatch to at least have a better understanding of what has been presented so far.

@lclarakl

1) I know BR and MR stole the stones, but in the beginning I thought they were/are plotting something else against Habeak for their own benefit. I've missed something.

No, BR and MR didn't steal the god stones. They received the god stones since they had become the guardian gods in the human world. However, they had lost one stone hence they were trying to hide from HB that they had neglected their duty by losing the god stone so easily.

2) We had SoAh who could hear plants and insects talking to her; she thought she was going crazy. Suddenly, those voices stops? I've missed something.

She was hearing the plants and insects because she refused to help Ha Baek. As soon as she helped Ha Baek, all this stopped. Ha Baek had warned her.

4) The 'monk'--GL (a junior god) that now hangs around HY and tries to help him control his power, but acts very disrespectful towards Habeak, what are his motives? Or is he truly trying to help HY?

Moo Ra had asked him to punish Ha Baek. That's why he kissed Ha Baek. He did it on MR's request. However, GR ran away from Ha Baek because he didn't want to get punished by Ha Baek. On the other hand, MR had to find him before in order to remind him that he had to hide her request from Ha Baek. She threatened him. Since the minor had to live the Realm world, it means that he had been punished. He left the Realm world 500 years ago. So maybe someone discovered that he was helping Hoo Ye and had to make sure that Gr would never see HY again. Hence the minor god got exiled. I sense that GR is really trying to help Hoo Ye as he stopped him from hurting the other minor gods. He knows HY's powers and he gave him tipps how to control his powers. So I do think that GR is genuine with HY. 

On 8/4/2017 at 7:51 PM, tiamama said:

Hi cingu-ya, just want to share my love for Habaek and Soah here..:wub:

The romance between Habaek and Soah is simply killing me,after episode 9..well, I just love their ways to.suffer. for each other. (I know, I know...this is not right to see him vulnerable... but the way he stares at her... dayum... ) Those eyes, my God, those vulnerable eyes!

It's been a while I haven't felt this strong romance from any drama after On The Way To The Airport, and My Love Eun Dong,  But the actors in those two dramas are seasoned stars, unlike NJH . I must admit I never thought that Kim Bok Joo's boyfriend is gonna kill me with....his really, painfully, beautiful delivery as the bleeding Romeo here. It broke my heart into pieces...unable to wait for the next episodes to come sooner... Oh help me God.. :wink:

I came to watch this show mostly for the film-makers, you know, it is from the guy who directed Bubble Gum (remember that beautiful shot?) and the scriptwriter was the one who wrote Misaeng. (It's Misaeng! Nuff said!) . I am happy to see Lim Joo-hwan and Shin Se kyung here. I am a fangirl for Lim Joo-hwan and always rooting for him to get the girl despite his various roles as  mostly cold villains, I am also loving Shin Se kyung since her days as young princess in The Great Queen Seon Deuk. But Nam Joo Hyuk is such an eye opener here. Don;t get me wrong, I love love Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo with capital L, and NJH was cute there but that's all about him that I can remember there. I really thought he will play another snob guy comically and that's all. Boy I am so happy I was wrong because here NJH is another story, or must I say, in romance department, this is definitely another level. Our Habaek should be the God of Love :wub:

@tiamama i really am agree with you about NJH, he stood out. but i remember when i saw misaeng, i just soo into im siwan character too, like this. Their skill plus the profesionals that work for their characters, made them more recognized

19 hours ago, evie7 said:

I think that Hoo Yee could be half siblings with Bi Ryeom. I meant there must be a reason behind all of that anger. 

13 hours ago, wandaraiju said:

@tiamama i really am agree with you about NJH, he stood out. but i remember when i saw misaeng, i just soo into im siwan character too, like this. Their skill plus the profesionals that work for their characters, made them more recognized

Ha Baek's mother is Goddess of Love if I'm not mistaken. :star:

18 hours ago, evie7 said:

The thought of this is killing me softly too. I have to believe that the scene in the beginning of the drama where she jumps off the bridge is SA sacrificing herself for HB.It must mean. HB is going to have to save her so she can be w/him in the WaterCountry. I just will not accept any thing else. SA and HB belong together.     

@nevill I think that SA is going to be the reincarnation of NB. If so I have mixed feelings about it, I would like to think of SA as being just herself and NB since she is a part of the past.

Well, I don't think the storyline is going that way. On episode 1, they showed Soo Ah threw flower at the exact same spot where she tried to kill herself. I'm thinking, she's trying to get to Ha Baek or sth related to HB. We only have six more episodes and making Soo Ah close to Hoo Ye only to go back to Ha Baek seems to "easy". Well, it's just me. I also hope to find some background on HB and SA. There has to be sth between the two of them and I agree. SA might be the reincarnation of NB. If that so, NB is a goddess right ? So no problem (?) #iwish :D

17 hours ago, dramalala said:

@supergal99 I realize reading what you mention to me should be a spoiler LOL. I dont backreading this thread on purpose so I know nothing about the story and enjoy the show by my self. 

I just finished ep 2 anyway, I can feel the romance is coming up there :D 

You have a long way to go my friend. HAHAHA! Episode 9 won't fail you though. 

On 04/08/2017 at 7:34 PM, shynaz said:

Actually I lost of the character Habaek becuse until now in episode 10 still dont have power..I blame to scriptwriter because waste of habaek development. but I am still watch because of the ceo.He is cool and complex character.

I just watch the Ceo scene only..Sorry Habaek..:wacko:

Don't you think it's more interesting because we got to see him trying to live like human ? Hehhee. But back again. Personal preference. Hehehe.. 

On 04/08/2017 at 8:44 PM, fans123 said:

Good explanation chingu, if compare both Hy learnt to be human more earlier than HB, this is one very good side of Hy, besides.. he wants nothing to do with God's realm as he mentioned it hypothetically using the big tree analogy in his garden.

20 eps isn't too bad for a romance drama , I want 80eps of fantasy plus romance taken from manhwa haha boy I'm greedy :lol:

Oh about the Ost I have no idea chingu, Im not much into soundtrack , sorry I can't help much there :(

I don't think it's K-Will's though. It's a little bit softer. But I'll love K Will to sing an OST for this drama. I love this drama. My mom does too! :) 

On 04/08/2017 at 8:37 PM, shynaz said:

The chemistry HY and Sa i feel too in  episode 1 especially in interest loan scene.So strong that time.I know she will be to Habaek bride but my imagination she will together with new HY...ops

Agree with you..I hope she will defend HY for next episode..Oh why I feel too long for new episode

The wait is always one of the hardest part. HAHAHA.. Be strong Chingu. One more day. :star:

Archived