[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

10 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

hmmm, I am not sure whether or not in this case NB is representive of Shim. From the subs for ep 7, I am trying to figure out if HB did love that Shim character? because BR said something to Mura that HB did not love that woman, he hated her (which we can see already) but whether or not he really did love Shim that one is unclear. So I cant figure out if NB is suppose to be that Shim character.

Since there is not enough evidence to say that Shim was HB's first love.

Haha well, just remember that it is a spin off from the manhwa so there will be character and certain details changes. Like Mura in the manhwa is not a goodness of the water country but in the drama Mura is. So don't be too confuse, just watch the drama as it is (:

Its safe to write that you'll really appreciate this drama when you wont think about Bride of Water God as manhwa but as a separate drama :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

hmmm. Yeah i am only speculating, cause there was something about the mark. HB knew HY had the mark just what is the mark? that I guess we really need eng subs to figure this out.

and yes their relationship is now growing at a pace that is not weird or force but just as it comes. really cute. The blue water flies or whatever they are was really pretty scene, it seems HB either manage to create it or SA manage to imagine it? haha.

Well if like we all guess HY is a demi-god meaning he is half human and he lived in the realm of Gods, I have a feeling he definitely got mistreated. Just is that blood from HY? it is right? and JD found that blood when they were fighting just now where is JD in that case.

We are sure that HY has powers right? so if so, just what kind of powers. if HY is supposedly stronger than HB, then it means HY has the power to kill a god? if so, why was he mistreated? if anything shouldnt his father fear him?

EDIT

Ah I forgot, thank you to those who did the live recap and well as the screencap! really high quality!! :wub: Now it is another waiting round again.:unsure:

Me too - I wish to know more about the mark.

Yes - he was mistreaded... And I am sure the Blood is from him - there is a scene in todays Episode - when he enter Human Wold and his Blood fall on the Stone. Maybe he was hurt in the Gods Reals - or maybe the Journey was hard for him.

Not sure if he always had Power - and how much he can control it. When the Insect died it was not because he maded something with his Hand - no it happend behind his Back. So right now it can be everything and I have no idea about the Manwha - I only judge from the Drama. That mark can be a seal or a sign - we will find out.

So far we know he came to the Human Wold and became an Orphan - and he worked really hard to fit in. Is he a bad Guy? Not sure - I more see it like he is angry and desperat because everything he worked so hard for is in danger because the Gods came - and he can´t like Gods from his Memorys.

He before tried to be a good Human and I believe he really likes the little Girl. Maybe even more because she is handycaped like he was in the Gods World. So far I can´t really see something bad what he did since he came to the Human Wold. But was it destiny that he ended up in that Family and why do he needs this land - really because of the Project - or is the Project the discuise for him to buy this land. Maybe he really still wish to have his revange.

What all that has to do with Joon Dong - I don´t know. Is he the Father? Maybe...

Gosh... 6 Days to wait... just to get a few more bits of information... *faint*

29 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

hmmm, I am not sure whether or not in this case NB is representive of Shim. From the subs for ep 7, I am trying to figure out if HB did love that Shim character? because BR said something to Mura that HB did not love that woman, he hated her (which we can see already) but whether or not he really did love Shim that one is unclear. So I cant figure out if NB is suppose to be that Shim character.

Since there is not enough evidence to say that Shim was HB's first love.

Haha well, just remember that it is a spin off from the manhwa so there will be character and certain details changes. Like Mura in the manhwa is not a goodness of the water country but in the drama Mura is. So don't be too confuse, just watch the drama as it is (:

Yup i realized that too. Shim is someone HB hates and resent quite personally. So if NB is his first love then it explains his words of feeling betrayed. And MR was so jealous she thought he loved Shim. But in truth he hated her. So I think NB is not Shim too. But if it is a spin off, details can change and NB can be Shim..and something may have happened to cause him to hate her. Haha but we still have more episodes to answer us

Haha knowing myself, i will have the tendency to overanalyze any details which will make me dizzy and confused. But I did do a little research on the manhwa..so I think the confusion will be answered by the drama. So you are correct. I should not and won't be too confused :tongue: i am going to look at this as a drama and not the manhwa :wink:

37 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

Its safe to write that you'll really appreciate this drama when you wont think about Bride of Water God as manhwa but as a separate drama :)

Yasss..totally safe :tongue: i am looking at it as a drama now. If I keep referencing back to manhwa which i have no idea of..and the drama which i have a good idea of..i will just confuse my poor brain cells hahaha. 

@kaoriharang LOL..dongseng, your comment on HY being too good to be true. It is the same instinct you had of HS too. I remember it was you who drew our attention to HS..making us realize he is too good to be true for LS :D in this case..HY was also too good to be true. His personality was suppressed by him wanting to be cool and calm that he can easily snap when trigger correctly.

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yasss..totally safe :tongue: i am looking at it as a drama now. If I keep referencing back to manhwa which i have no idea of..and the drama which i have a good idea of..i will just confuse my poor brain cells hahaha. 

@kaoriharang LOL..dongseng, your comment on HY being too good to be true. It is the same instinct you had of HS too. I laughed because I remember it was you who drew our attention to HS..making us realize he is too good to be true for LS. In this case..HY was also too good to be true. His personality was suppressed by him wanting to be cool and calm that he can easily snap when trigger correctly.

haha seeing watching wayyyyy too many dramas does pay off :tongue:

Well clearly, there was something off about HY, just what exactly is off about him, we dont know yet. But it does seem that HY is quite a controlled person, when HB and SA started to see him as who he really is, it is clear that HY began to be really shock and shaken. Just exactly why and everything it is still unclear. HY seems to know that SA knows that HB and the rest are Gods, so clearly he knows SA means something to HB. Perhaps that is why he will start to really approach her more. And maybe like the preview, HY loses control of his emotions and because SA is the servant of the Gods he may lash out at her.

I am still incline to feel that HY is genuinely a good guy, but i am sure he has hidden and unresolved hatred towards the gods which can cause that sudden shift in personality.

@Mau_Cherry mention something interesting is that HY may have powers but he may not know how to control it true. If he was indeed mistreated when he was in the God realm, he may not have ever exercised whatever powers he had. And if lets say his power is of fire, it can be quite dangerous to control if his emotion run free. So perhaps thats why HY always remains calm and collected because he knows.

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yup i realized that too. Shim is someone HB hates and resent quite personally. So if NB is his first love then it explains his words of feeling betrayed. And MR was so jealous she thought he loved Shim. But in truth he hated her. So I think NB is not Shim too. But if it is a spin off, details can change and NB can be Shim..and something may have happened to cause him to hate her. Haha but we still have more episodes to answer us

Haha knowing myself, i will have the tendency to overanalyze any details which will make me dizzy and confused. But I did do a little research on the manhwa..so I think the confusion will be answered by the drama. So you are correct. I should not and won't be too confused :tongue: i am going to look at this as a drama and not the manhwa :wink:

Yup so if we go with the conclusion that HB actually hated Shim and never did love her than Shim is not NB. And if lets say HB did love her but hated her after she betrayed him then she could be NB. But yes it is a spinoff, and the story is still unfolding.

ha not that is wrong, but yeah if you draw too much parallel between the drama and the manhwa I think you will get a headache for sure. Just look at it from the viewpoint of the drama. There may be some overlaps with the manhwa but overall they are making it a clearly distinct story.

@kaoriharang haha yes we have all grown natural instincts from kdramas now :lol::tongue: i originally did not think HY was a good guy. His mysterious aura was too hard to ignore. For me..he was way too calm and cool not to react to the annoying granddaughter when she speaks down on him. He just smiles and brushes it off. Then..how he kept hinting that he focuses on how people feel dug at me. And it made me finally realize that if he reads other people's feelings..it is because he, himself, is using how other people react and feel to build up a personality opposite of his true self. So when he meets SA..she also focuses on people behavior and emotions hence the instant attention draw. I also think there is a reason why the writer made SA a psychiatrist. In the end, SA will be the one to read him psychologically. 

Lol i agree. I will torture my brain cells if I keep thinking about the manhwa vs the drama :tongue::D if i had read it originally, it will be a good reference but looking at only the drama is an individual focus as well :D

12 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

haha seeing watching wayyyyy too many dramas does pay off :tongue:

Well clearly, there was something off about HY, just what exactly is off about him, we dont know yet. But it does seem that HY is quite a controlled person, when HB and SA started to see him as who he really is, it is clear that HY began to be really shock and shaken. Just exactly why and everything it is still unclear. HY seems to know that SA knows that HB and the rest are Gods, so clearly he knows SA means something to HB. Perhaps that is why he will start to really approach her more. And maybe like the preview, HY loses control of his emotions and because SA is the servant of the Gods he may lash out at her.

I am still incline to feel that HY is genuinely a good guy, but i am sure he has hidden and unresolved hatred towards the gods which can cause that sudden shift in personality.

Thats my feeling too - everything works fine  - the Gods came and ruin everything - Maybe he really started to like So Ah - first time for him like it seems - but - bang - a real God was there before him and he  can´t win againt him again --- this must be frustrating. And it will bring back bad memorys. Wonder if he had an Aim with all his plans or if he just tried hard to be good and be treated well. Like he just learned from Ao Ah - he cant be liked by everybody.

From my personal life - my best friend was adopted when she was young - and for many many years she tried hard to be liked by everybody. She really needed to learn to say no and protect herself - and that it is okay not to be everybodys Darling. Based on that it would fit in - for a Person or Halfgod - who was abused before - to try hard to build up a good life and be someone the People likes.

But the Gods are the Curse from his Past... and this Curse is now back. He will fight back this time. Is So Ah in his Eyes an Enemy too - because she is importend for Ha Baek... Or is she not the Enemy but more the Price he wish to have for himself.

We know from a lot Crime Series that the Perpetrator who was once a victim can be the most dangerous Guy.

OMG!. That preview!!!:wub: OTP!! Bring it on! :D

HY for sure is not in favor of the Gods. I agree with @Mau_Cherry and @kaoriharang on HY harboring a bitter feeling to the Gods. If anything, HY could have been the victim that supressed a lot of hatred. This hatred is one of the most dangerous reason to..SNAP.

Just like how we saw in the preview where he pushes SA down with anger. Total opposite of his calm and cool persona.

But will need full subbed to understand all the details :D

started watching this drama today.. completed ep 7

Question:

1. Who is god of or heir of earth? - water's heir is habaek, air's heir is BR , who is earth? - first i thought CEO was earth with his gardening and all.. but now it seems he is child of human and god.. so that woman who was rescured centuries ago.. probably slept with HB's father and thus this guy is the result.. and he probably possesses powers from all 3 realms.. plus some additional

2. do we get a kiss in ep 8? drama is really really slow in that dept

3. I am pleasantly surprised ( the reason i did not watch this drama till now was because i know for a matter of fact that lead actress is a bad actress) . but she is actually doing okay .. NM is also decent.. not awesome but decent... and dramabeans was criticizing krystal... i find her okay.. not as cringeworthy..  (cringeworthy is the lead in wanted or lead in boys over flowers)

4l. for new folks.. initial 5 episodes are super super slow.. bear with them and you will find your pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow

@gihwayujo Soah's name variation comes from Chang-e in Chinese, which in Korean would be Sang-a. Soah is just another variation that carries the same meaning of "beautiful woman", and I believe the manhwa artist confirmed this. 

By the way, it seems Judong is the monk we see in ep 1.

54 minutes ago, mikancchi said:

@gihwayujo Soah's name variation comes from Chang-e in Chinese, which in Korean would be Sang-a. Soah is just another variation that carries the same meaning of "beautiful woman", and I believe the manhwa artist confirmed this. 

By the way, it seems Judong is the monk we see in ep 1.

thanks for the clarification! I've never read the manhwa so I wouldn't have known that! The series got me really interested in it though so I'll probably try to find it and read it soon :)

I'm still trying to find more info on the Chinese and Korean variations of the myth Chang-a and her possible name variations but haven't found any useful info yet :(

Ok, so after watching this episode subbed, I learned a few things.  

1) HY and his ilk (1/2 human - 1/2 deity) possess the divine element of fire, as many have already speculated.  Since his element is in direct contradiction with the deities, i.e. they are created to protect and nurture life while he has the ability to destroy it.  HY doesn't have to be bad or good, he gets to choose.

2) I'm still convinced he did not know that MR and BR were gods before HB revealed himself. He wasn't sure that SA wasn't one of them until he visited her.  I think he still is unsure of her because of the conversation they had when he was leaving the office.  HB was able to recognize him because he is the future leader of the gods' realm.  

3) We also learn that it was the sky country's king that made Nak Bin forget about human foolishness. Hence, HB's distrust of BR.  Later in the episode we NS describe it as an evil act towards HB.  
In episode 6 we see BR torturing the fisherman and son that HB's mother later condemns to eternal servitude.  I wonder if they had any role in Nak Bin going back to Earth? And could Chairman Shim really be the true descendant?

4) Also during that same condemnation, HB's mother said that the descendant's spouse will leave this life once they have given birth.  Since SA mom and dad live at least through her teens, I'm really wondering if she is indeed a descendant of the Shin family.  The high priest even says that SA isn't from the Shin family in the 1st episode.  Could she instead be the reincarnated Nak Bin?

5) HB and HY are both prepared to ignore each other, however during their confrontation HB sees the sign of the Earth god on HY.  This either means that HY did something to JD or he is the descendant of the Earth king.  HY refuses to state which is the truth.    

6) I've watched the preview and I'm not sure if it is ill-will or passion that HY is expressing when he grabs SA at the end.  

I have a question though.  Towards the end of episode 6, it is stated that if HB kisses JGR, his curse would be broken.  However he met with him in ep. 7, did he not break the curse?

PS: I really do think BR wants to be in friends and in HB's good graces, they just have to get over their past.  

All for now...........................:D

Edit: Question - the high priest says that deities can simply stop existing if humans do not believe in them.  Since HY doesn't have anyone (that we know of) that sees him as a deity, does he really have powers?

Confrontation of Gods.

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/211000

QAlBFotSsxkf636366600397000445.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim EZ's "Pop Pop" single puts us under The Bride of the Water God's spell

e0c67988-dcdf-4ff1-a2f3-d8ac45d97fa8.PNG

Has the The Bride of the Water God captured your heart? 

We are only a few weeks into Nam Joo Hyuk and Shin Se Kyung's delightful water fantasy, and we can't get enough of it! CJ E&M wants to get your week started the right way by releasing yet another fantastic track from the drama's original soundtrack. This week, the music video featuring Kim EZ's "Pop Pop" was shared on their official YouTube music channel. The song, which is about realizing your growing attraction to someone, is promoted through an amazing video recapping our favorite water god moments since episode one. 

The Ggotjam Project singer's "Pop Pop" is a part of The Bride of the Water God OST Part 4. Episodes 7 and 8 are ones we are anticipating this week. I wonder which character will profess their love first. By now, it's crystal clear that the water god and his bride have fallen for each other, but they are just too shy to admit it.

What do you think of the catchy "Pop Pop" song? How do you think the main couple's relationship will progress this week?

441153da-51aa-417c-8853-01069643f9b9.PNG

https://www.dramafever.com/news/kim-ezs-pop-pop-single-puts-us-under-the-bride-of-the-water-god-spell-/

I look forward to how CEO Shin will play his relationship with other gods and about why he has the marking of Joo Dong. Does he absorb the power of God? I'm also curious what other power he has beside fire. He seems to be clueless about the identity of other Gods just until Habaek confronted him, so I'm not sure he has anything to do with Joo Dong' disappearance. Although I read about him described as the villain in several news outlets.
I couldn't really relate this story with the manhwa story because many things are different here and there. Like he was the son of the emperor and not being casted away to the human world because his father despised him, but instead the emperor told Hu Ye to posed as Habaek's ally while spying on him. So there's no such legend of a demi-god perceived as monster in the manhwa.
But I'm not worried about him hurting Soo Ah because it was written on the plot that he will eventually fall for Soo Ah just like in the manhwa.

I wonder why it is such a big deal that HY is a semi-god that he got mistreated by his father. I mean it was supposed not a bad thing, right? He has some power and I think like human, he can choose to be good or bad (and we can see there are bad gods too). He's been trying to hide his true identity and live as a normal human. I sort of disagree with Habaek for being too harsh on HY when they could have some polite discussion. 

Archived